Thread: the legend of the book and the sword

Default the legend of the book and the sword

anyone familiar with The Legend Of The Book and the Sword starring vincent zhao? my dad recorded this off t.v. and i'm wondering if i should give it a shot. was this a china production and is it worth watching?
    问世间,情是何物,直教生死相许?
    Lim Yo Hwan FIGHTING!

I got to watch the first few episodes of this, and thought it very promising! I liked Esther Kwan- Huo Qing Tong is one of my favorite Jing
    Yong female characters, and Esther played her well. I also liked the chemistry between her and Vincent Zhao! Still I only watched the first bit, so can't tell you how the rest of the series is.

they changed some stuff around and i didn't like the wtf ending.

There's already a discussion thread for this series:
    http://spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=5840

I like this adaptation of Book and Sword quite alot actually, except for the ending. Don't know why it wasn't really well-received though.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

The ending was a cop-out like the director suddenly realised that he'd used up the entire budget and needed to wrap up everything real quick by killing off almost all the good characters in 1 scene.
    I prefer Adam Chen's version for better acting, pacing and great songs.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    There's already a discussion thread for this series:
    http://spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=5840

I like this adaptation of Book and Sword quite alot actually, except for the ending. Don't know why it wasn't really well-received though.

omg, what a crappy ending...to a great series. vincent did a great job and the fighting was good since little cgi was used.
    问世间,情是何物,直教生死相许?
    Lim Yo Hwan FIGHTING!

I liked some of the actors and actresses in this series, but not the storyline. It just got to the point where I was like...why...?!?!. Ugh. Wouldn't be interested in watching another adaptation.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

it is actually pretty good to watch... though a rather sad ending...

the hairstyles of some characters were a little weird, and i absolutely hated rachel ngan's portrayal of princess fragrance, BUT, it's still worthwhile to watch the fight scenes of chen jialuo, as well as his interaction with esther kwan's huo qingtong...

2 couples u should watch out for are 7th brother & zhou qi, as well as li yuan zhi with 13th brother..

give it a shot... u might like it...

B&S is probably the least liked novel of Jin Yong's books by me. I remember watching the 1987 TVB adaptation of the book and even as a young child I couldn't understand why Chan Ga Lok chose PF over FCT. Even as young as I was then, I admire Fok Ching To's intelligence and martial art and not to mention that Jacqueline was beautiful in the series. I hated Chan Ga Lok because of his wishy washiness in his love affair and such typical cliche of falling in love with a beautiful damsel in distress.

I watched most adaptation except the 1994 one, and each time came off disappointed. My most hated version would be 1992 Kenny Ho's version. That one was terrible. Kenny just right off the bat fell in love with PF after saving her from drowning and totally forgotten Ching To. What upset me the most was the fact he fell in love with Ching To after he took off her veil and saw how beautiful she was and then went and fell in love with PF and forgotten Ching To when PF was even more beautiful than Ching To. Talk about what a jerk.

The best one was 2002 with Esther Kwan. I thought she was great as FCT. But again, I hated the love triangle and stopped watching it after Chan Ga Lok fell in love with PF.

I saw bits and pieces of 2008 version and the only complaint I have with Niki is her cantonese. It was smooth and certain dialogue she would pause in mid sentence and then resume. I find that odd. Also it annoys me when she scream during fighting scenes. It sound quite unsettling like a squeak. I actually like her mandarin dubbing voice more. It matched the stronger image of Niki portraying FCT. In the Cantonese version, I only got to watch up to 20 ep. but the rest was in Mandarin and I have no clue what they were saying so I just watch the picture and try to figure out what is going on.