Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ~Art Galleria~

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    lol…I have a fascination for tattoos, not only because they are beautiful artworks but because they tend to hold personal significance; representing and symbolizing different expressions, feelings, memories, and stories. Jack London once said, "Show me a man with a tattoo and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." Though, I did promise someone important that I will never get a tattoo in this lifetime… But this doesn’t mean I can’t get a fake, removable one...and right now, I want a cute playboy bunny on the side my ankle, courtesy of Cedric.
    Fake tattoos are fine.

A man with a tattoo is cool, although I don't have one except for my belly scar. Women with tattoos are not appealing for some reason, at least to me.

I was bored today so I did some practicing and came up with a simple sketch:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Bangs2/Sketches/xln001.jpg')

Dragon Girl portrait. Yeah, lots of erasures.

@Cedric: Where are your sketches? You're not going to leave me alone are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs View Post
    I was bored today so I did some practicing and came up with a simple sketch:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Bangs2/Sketches/xln001.jpg')

Dragon Girl portrait. Yeah, lots of erasures.

@Cedric: Where are your sketches? You're not going to leave me alone are you?
    Hey Bangs! LOL Sorry, I know someone will ask that, when I'm doing some disappearing act yet hanging around in other parts of the forum (spamming most likely) "playing catch me if you can" lol.

I've been tied up by work lately. Life has drained much of concentration and motivation to draw lately. I'm back home late and usually died tired. Busy schedules too. But I won't leave you alone. I'll be back to bother you with my sketches. lol

Btw, nice dragon girl sketch. All lines are layed out reasonably. But her overall appearance brings me thoughts to Mai of King of Fighters, rather than Dragon girl. (The japanese girl whose power is a fire fan and always displaying her eyes-catching front. :P)
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 03-04-08 at 07:06 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Hey Bangs! LOL Sorry, I know someone will ask that, when I'm doing some disappearing act yet hanging around in other parts of the forum (spamming most likely) "playing catch me if you can" lol.

I've been tied up by work lately. Life has drained much of concentration and motivation to draw lately. I'm back home late and usually died tired. Busy schedules too. But I won't leave you alone. I'll be back to bother you with my sketches. lol

Btw, nice dragon girl sketch. All lines are layed out reasonably. But her overall appearance brings me thoughts to Mai of King of Fighters, rather than Dragon girl. (The japanese girl whose power is a fire fan and always displaying her eyes-catching front. :P)
    Ahehe work is such a burden, still you have to have time for yourself or you will burn out. As the saying goes, "all work no play makes you a dull person".

Btw, that sketch was just a practice one, I was learning tips and tricks and kinda came up with that. The eyes didn't do XLN justice but hey she was supposed to show cold emotions and I shouldn't have put up that smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs View Post
    Ahehe work is such a burden, still you have to have time for yourself or you will burn out. As the saying goes, "all work no play makes you a dull person".

Btw, that sketch was just a practice one, I was learning tips and tricks and kinda came up with that. The eyes didn't do XLN justice but hey she was supposed to show cold emotions and I shouldn't have put up that smile.
    Oh well, unfortunately, work is a must. LOL Well yes, All work no play makes a real dull day. Nice quote, Bangs.

Good practice! Hmmm I think you draw with estimation but not starting off with the circles, and guidelines? Let me share my old drawings I did in school way back. This is one of my own creation: Master Scorbin (corny I know ).

These two pieces are my drafts. I misplaced the actually copy.

Oh ya, the purple lead is pencil too.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v185/166/90/558552077/n558552077_376713_1510.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v185/166/90/558552077/n558552077_376714_4180.jpg')
    Just a little tip to share. We start off with light pencil markings (drawing ovals, circles, etc) to secure the features of a character, and we will darken the areas when we're sure of the features where it should stay. It's not advisable to start off with free-style pencil drawings, because our estimation of the facial features, arms and legs will be incorrect as we go on.

The expression of your XLN does express that coldness of her. Good job, and keep it up! Thanks for hanging around too, Bangs.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Did you take up drawing lessons when you were younger? Your approach is by the book, which I think yields very accurate results. I've never taken up art lessons except one "charcoal drawing" for 8 lessons I think. My style is self taught and I always draw free style, but right now I'm trying to learn tricks from online manga tutorials to enhance my style.

Do you only draw cartoons? Why not sample us with a real life sketch of a scenery? Only if you have time that is, no rush here. And forgive me for pestering you hehe, it was you who fueled my desire to pick up something I've long abandoned.

*sneaking into forum from work*

No, actually it was a 3D animation course I took, but this style of drawing is a guideline I've picked up from my lecturer who is a great pencil drawing artist so its not really a class . He do them in 3D style, and this book-style is the start-off point. 3D style pencil drawing will come in handy when we do storyboards (character's side view, front and expressions.).We need to be particular about the measurement of the characters as they move along the storyline. Hence, 3d style is useful. So, I have made this drawing method into a habit.

Besides those art classes taken in my elementry school, I learn and discover the art of drawing from books or any other sources I may find.

For your 2nd part, I've tried human sketches too but I'm rather fearful of doing them cos my drawings are so poorly done. It looks cartoony in the end A scenary..... I admit that I can't unless I have strong inspiration. My inspiration of cartoony style comes from Looney Tunes LOL. No kidding, its true. Half of the time when I do my storyboard, my expressions will fall along with the character I'm about to draw haha. So, alot of concentration is needed to do a good job. My philosophy is: Do it, or don't do it at all. If I'm not giving my best, I rather not do it. (Besides test drawings). You may think is me who had fueled up your desire to
    draw but I think, its more like you have found your inspiration, motivation and a reason to draw (a friend who appreciate drawing/art like yourself).

As for me, I'm glad to know someone whom I can exchange the comments and ideas of drawing. Oh yes, I really need to buy time for drawing lol. I'll be back to explain why I'm temporily dodging off wuxia drawings. Good reason, I promise.

DAMN all my teachers for not giving me homework all of a sudden...well technically speaking they did give me work, but it was either work I can get away with not doing or work I can do at lunch, so I just sat and drew stuff today. Might as well share one thing...

It's supposed to resemble someone, but I won't even bother saying who it's supposed to look like because it doesn't. So just appreciate it for what it is, and you'll probably like it better, lol. I don't take art so be nice of course.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc255/ilikecaffeine/20080305.jpg')
    Last edited by Sparky; 03-07-08 at 05:15 PM.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    DAMN all my teachers for not giving me homework all of a sudden...well technically speaking they did give me work, but it was either work I can get away with not doing or work I can do at lunch, so I just sat and drew stuff today. Might as well share one thing...

It's supposed to resemble someone, but I won't even bother saying who it's supposed to look like because it doesn't. So just appreciate it for what it is, and you'll probably like it better, lol. I don't take art so be nice of course.
    Whoah!

Nice work! Who were you trying to resemble? Did you copy that or just draw from imagination?

Good job.

keira knightley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

I was expecting a drawing of Angelina Jolie from you.
    Can you draw me a pic of Jessica Alba?
    Puh-leaseeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    keira knightley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
    Bingo, Gu Yeah it's Keira Knightley, who is my personal pick for the most beautiful living woman. Except for her underbite.

I was expecting a drawing of Angelina Jolie from you.
    Can you draw me a pic of Jessica Alba?
    Puh-leaseeeeeeeee
    LOL oh the usual "can you draw me a pic of ______?" situation is back at me. Sure, but seriously, why Jessica Alba?!?

And why would I draw Angelina Jolie (briefly ignoring the fact that I have in the past)? That'd be bellamia, not me
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

OMG KEIRA KNIGHTLEY so good!

the eyes perfect resemblance
    Last edited by LuNaR; 03-05-08 at 09:58 PM.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Bingo, Gu Yeah it's Keira Knightley, who is my personal pick for the most beautiful living woman. Except for her underbite.
    She's alright but mos beautiful living woman? Ummm I'm prettier than her.

LOL oh the usual "can you draw me a pic of ______?" situation is back at me. Sure, but seriously, why Jessica Alba?!?
    Because she's HAWT!

And why would I draw Angelina Jolie (briefly ignoring the fact that I have in the past)? That'd be bellamia, not me
    shoot! omg! don't tell bell i got you two mixed up.

Sparky, you're pulling my leg, aren't you? You are one great artist! *claps* Execellent job! Honestly, I can't do that. Shading sketches are not my talent of art. But ok, I still owe you a super fat bunny. It's fat, so will be slow...

Default STD - Save these Drawings (save this thread)

This piece of drawing, is Cedric Diggory. A version of Cedric in her opinion, a friend of mine. Yeah, it's not done by me but I'd like to share with everyone....and since it's Cedric.....remember Cedric

Any guesses on what is that flying "ball"? Let's see who has a quick-thinking! And yeah, this Cedric sway slightly to the feminine touch.

Comments, please.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://marlenka_snape.w.interia.pl/cedrik%20xD.JPG')

the golden snitch? chey

although...did cedric have black hair?

it's a lovely drawing though...i like the colors. btw, what did you use? watercolor? it doesn't look like all markers
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 07-13-08 at 11:27 PM.

Wow Ceddie, you really like to draw bunnies, lol.

I've always admired artists. I remember one time in fourth grade the teacher put in a video that showed us step by step how to draw a horse. By the end, everyone's drawings turned out pretty decent except for mine......which turned out looking more like a deformed barrel than anything else. Needless to say.....I had always known that my artistic skills were around the negative region. Therefore much props to all those who can draw. =D

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    the golden snitch? chey

although...did cedric have black hair?

it's a lovely drawing though...i like the colors. btw, what did you use? watercolor? it doesn't look like all markers
    Yuppers! You got it right, Yingying! It's da Golden Snitch! The chubby version, that is .

Cedric's hair supposed to be dark brown but I think the artist overdo it. It is still dark brown though, very dark brown used.

BTW, lol I didn't draw that. It was a friend of mine who did this. Yeah, she used water-colour pencils fully. Credits to Faber Castell . The background is done with little colouring and mostly with water to give that sunset effect, light and smudgy.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Wow Ceddie, you really like to draw bunnies, lol.

I've always admired artists. I remember one time in fourth grade the teacher put in a video that showed us step by step how to draw a horse. By the end, everyone's drawings turned out pretty decent except for mine......which turned out looking more like a deformed barrel than anything else. Needless to say.....I had always known that my artistic skills were around the negative region. Therefore much props to all those who can draw. =D
    Yeah, Bunnie, I like the whole of leporidae family. Wabbits give me this very intelligent and cheeky impression. Cats do too, but Wabbits come first in my favourite list then Cats and Dogs.....and other animals. (ok ok, you know I can hardly stop when you get me started about animals.) Hence, I like to express out the characteristics of wabbits/bunnies in my drawing.

Maybe art is my gift. Which means, I can hardly do better in academics lol. Arts, to me, is an expression, a way of communication or conveying of messages. For a child who had difficulty with communication verbally, usually the drawing does alot of "talking".

I think your talent lays better with academics and perhaps you function better with logic side of the mind. Less emotional =) I feel, majority of us are gifted, just work in different ways and help us in different ways too. Undeniable, we're blessed with a gift.

Maybe you can show me a piece of your drawing, maybe I can help you as how/where to improve it? Just remember that, as you draw, remember draw with what you feel. Don't draw because you have to. Express your emotions in your drawing. Don't draw something you like, but something you want.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 07-14-08 at 07:34 AM.

I've always thought pikas are very cute creatures.....but they're so underrated.

Yeah that's a nice way to put it. Everyone usually has a specific way to express themselves....some through visual arts, some through music, some through singing, some through writing, some through sports.....

Academics? Nah........I wouldn't say so. Logic? Pfft. Someone in this forum has been telling me how incoherent I can be at times.

A piece of drawing........hmm........I don't think such thing exists. I know I'm not cut out for it so I'm quite alright with that. I'm much more of a music person and I'm comfortable expressing myself with music. =)

Wink

Oh my, I can't believe I missed this gem all the while! Very talented artists here.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.