Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Post your computer specs

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    LOL, you beat me for the most poor rig in this thread , although the age still the same
    Actually I would have to take this honor. My computer is so old I don't know any of the specs, except that it's a Pentium III. Perhaps I should stop spending money on food and invest in a better desktop instead?

Nah.

The laptop I'm typing this on is a very old Compaq Evo N400c.

Specs:
    Pentium III 900MHz
    256MB RAM
    20G Hard Disk.

That HAS to be the poorest rig around. Still works fine for Internet surfing, IM and word processing.

But looking around, it seems like it might be time to invest in something new and relegate this to a museum.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by dgfds01 View Post
    The laptop I'm typing this on is a very old Compaq Evo N400c.

Specs:
    Pentium III 900MHz
    256MB RAM
    20G Hard Disk.

That HAS to be the poorest rig around. Still works fine for Internet surfing, IM and word processing.

But looking around, it seems like it might be time to invest in something new and relegate this to a museum.
    Yeh, and get those very cute, very pricy sony vaio TZ-VGN, I prefer the RED one, will post the pic of this beauty, whenever I got enough money to buy it, probably never - hahaha
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 09-08-08 at 10:50 AM.

Yeh, and get those very cute, very pricy sony vaio TZ-VGN, I prefer the RED one, will post the pic of this beauty, whenever I got enough money to buy it, probably never - hahaha
    my sister has one. seems to break down a lot.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    my sister has one. seems to break down a lot.
    LOL, what kind of break-down, need to know this before I wasted my money buying it. Anyway I only use laptop when I travel, for the whole time it's only stay in the bag. Laptop is not design to be robust for heavy usage like gaming or keyboard pounding etc.

My laptop is used mostly only to show-off (, j/k hehehe) with the wifi service at train-station, bus station, starbucks etc. I used it mostly when attending conference or when doing out-station job.
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 09-09-08 at 03:48 AM.

LOL, what kind of break-down, need to know this before I wasted my money buying it. Anyway I only use laptop when I travel, for the whole time it's only stay in the bag. Laptop is not design to be robust for heavy usage like gaming or keyboard pounding etc.

My laptop is used mostly only to show-off (, j/k hehehe) with the wifi service at train-station, bus station, starbucks etc. I used it mostly when attending conference or when doing out-station job.
    random buttons on keyboard stopped working. battery stopped charging - need to use ac power. turning of randomly - think because it was overheating (my own opinion). She had to send it back for repairs a couple of times since mid last year.

I don't think she plays games on it but she probably did some keyboard pounding. She did her thesis on it.

If a laptop spontaneously (for no real reason) shuts down completely, it's usually because of overheating.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    random buttons on keyboard stopped working. battery stopped charging - need to use ac power. turning of randomly - think because it was overheating (my own opinion). She had to send it back for repairs a couple of times since mid last year.

I don't think she plays games on it but she probably did some keyboard pounding. She did her thesis on it.
    which model again that your sister used? - is it the VGN-TZ, on the 5th September there is an official recall from Sony because of overheating.

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/1...s-debacle.aspx
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 09-09-08 at 07:43 AM.

which model again that you sister used - is it the VGN-TZ, on the 5th september there is an oficial recall from Sony because of overheating.

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/1...s-debacle.aspx
    vaio tz. not sure which iteration. She got it around middle of last year.

Sigh, seems like almost everybody here has a better computer than mine. I'm using a 3 year-old HP nx6310 laptop with technical specifications as follows: 15 inch screen, 40 GB internal hard drive & no external HDD (damned low storage capacity! I can hardly download and store any wuxia series, gonna buy a 1 TB external HDD), Intel core 2 duo T5500 1.66 Ghz, 512 MB DDR2 SDRAM (kinda incompetent for multitasking so I'm gonna upgrade RAM to 1 or 2 GB), Windows XP SP2 (tried Vista and found it bs), DVD/CD-RW. The worst part of this laptop is that it f..king weighs 2.6 kg, hurting my back and shoulders anytime I bring it outside (I'm considering buy a new small-sized lightweight one but has not find an appropriate reason to do that 'cause I'm not a game-mania.
    日暮乡关何处是?烟波江上使人愁。