Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The new KNIGHT RIDER

The new KNIGHT RIDER television movie pulled in surprisingly good ratings, which means there's a better chance that at least one season of a new series will be developed.

Stay tuned.

I just found out that Val Kilmer is doing KITT's voice. But I still like the old KITT's voice better....the new one sounds too serious.

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
    ... But I still like the old KITT's voice better....the new one sounds too serious.
    blueberry you took the words right out of my mouth. The old voice had more character.
    "And what is as important as knowledge?" asked the mind. "Caring and seeing with the heart." answered the soul.

I thought all the acting was very stiff, especially the two leads. The first episode was more like a car commercial than a series.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

Quote Originally Posted by Damsel View Post
    blueberry you took the words right out of my mouth. The old voice had more character.
    If a series emerges, perhaps they'll work that in as a part of the new KITT's evolving A.I. It was a little weird in the original series that KITT's "personality" was fully developed right from the pilot episode.

Has anyone else here seen the pilot episode of the original KNIGHT RIDER from 1982?

Has anyone else here seen the pilot episode of the original KNIGHT RIDER from 1982?
    I have...but i dont' remember much..

All I remember was David Hasselhoff got shot then he woke up with a new face..

Then I remember the car came out and some guy was hitting it with a hammer and it wouldn't do anything to the car and Michael Knight was like "whoa"

thats all I can remember

Quote Originally Posted by QF View Post
    I have...but i dont' remember much..

All I remember was David Hasselhoff got shot then he woke up with a new face..
    Well, to be more precise, undercover police officer Michael Long (Michael Knight's original name), who was portrayed not by David Hasselhoff, but by another actor, was shot in the face. He was rescued by Wilton Knight and received plastic surgery that made him look like David Hasselhoff; after that, he was given the new name of Michael Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by hkopinions View Post
    I thought all the acting was very stiff, especially the two leads.
    Of course, nobody ever watched KNIGHT RIDER for the stellar acting.

I mean, the original starred David freakin' Hasselhoff, after all.

The first episode was more like a car commercial than a series.
    By design, of course.

When the original KNIGHT RIDER was a hit in the mid-1980s, GM couldn't manufacture enough TransAms to meet demand. EVERYBODY seemingly wanted to get their own "KITT" (well, at least the shell without all the cool A.I. and gadgets).

But the show wasn't developed to sell the car. That was just a happy situation that GM lucked into because the show was a hit.

This time around, Ford had a much more calculated plan to sell its Shelby Mustang cars through the KNIGHT RIDER connection. It might not be as effective as GM's happy accident of the 1980s, though.

A bit off topic but after reading this thread, all memories of these vigilante type shows from that era come to mind.

Street Hawk - guy on a bike. hahaha this show was a joke.

Airwolf - guy in chopper. This one was ok. I think it had a somewhat decent run.

Automan - virtual guy with this Cursur side kick something like that. I can only barely recall this one.

And yes, Knight Rider was the one I liked best.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Airwolf - guy in chopper. This one was ok. I think it had a somewhat decent run.
    HAHA...Airwolf...i remember...boy that show is a joke!!!

Now....The A-TEAM, however...was AWESOME!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by QF View Post
    HAHA...Airwolf...i remember...boy that show is a joke!!!

Now....The A-TEAM, however...was AWESOME!!!!!
    I thought AIRWOLF was the best of this kind of show. Unlike most of the others, it was pretty dark and serious, and because of the military/espionage angle, had a sheen of realism that was generally missing from this kind of series.

Besides, the cast featured Jan-Michael Vincent and Ernest Borgnine: that was A-list Hollywood talent there.

I kind of remember the original KITT pilot...but not sure if I know it from memory or from reading it somewhere. I was very little back then.

I like Airwolf too! Back then in my country, they showed Knight Rider on Wed night, Airwolf on Thursday night and McGyver on Friday night. Talk about temptation for kids not to study!

NBC has recycled 2 shows so far (that I know of), Gladiator & Knight Rider. If these shows keep getting good ratings, I wonder if they'll do more and more (and whether other networks will follow)

I kind of remember the original KITT pilot...but not sure if I know it from memory or from reading it somewhere. I was very little back then.

I like Airwolf too! Back then in my country, they showed Knight Rider on Wed night, Airwolf on Thursday night and McGyver on Friday night. Talk about temptation for kids not to study!

NBC has recycled 2 shows so far (that I know of), Gladiator & Knight Rider. If these shows keep getting good ratings, I wonder if they'll do more and more (and whether other networks will follow)
    I sure hope so. I'm sick of so-called "reality TV." It's high time that good, old-fashioned escapist TV entertainment returned to the airwaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I sure hope so. I'm sick of so-called "reality TV." It's high time that good, old-fashioned escapist TV entertainment returned to the airwaves.
    I agree. Lately I've been enjoying re-runs of Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter) and The Hulk (Bill Bixbie) on an independant channel. Pretty corny by today's standards but still entertaining...and nostalgiac for us oldsters.

I thought the Knight Rider movie was pretty good. It exceeded my expectations, which are always low for remakes.

Did anyone catch the series of Ford commercials that aired during the movie? I thought they were fairly well done too. The concept of Kitt getting jealous of Mike cheating with another car was quite humorous.
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant

I didn't catch that Ford commercial.

So, did they only make the 2 hour pilot movie so far then? Or did they make more? Does anybody know when they will start having regular show time?

I didn't catch that Ford commercial.
    How could you have missed it? Every commercial break during the broadcast started with the Ford Shelby Mustang ad.

So, did they only make the 2 hour pilot movie so far then? Or did they make more? Does anybody know when they will start having regular show time?
    Only the pilot movie has been made. I think NBC-Universal wanted to see if there was an audience for the new KNIGHT RIDER first before they committed to further production (because shows like this are very expensive due to the technical aspects). Given the better-than-expected ratings that the movie got, I'm guessing that NBC-Universal will probably pick up the option for the production of one season of the series. If that's the case, production will likely occur later in the spring and the summer, with a fall release date.

Nothing of this has been made public, however. I'm just speculating how it might work based on usual U.S. television production practices.

In case anybody's still wondering, the new KNIGHT RIDER TV series is a go!

The first episode of the new series proper airs on September 24 on NBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    In case anybody's still wondering, the new KNIGHT RIDER TV series is a go!

The first episode of the new series proper airs on September 24 on NBC.
    I hope I will get the chance to watch it. Bring back fond memories

Saw the official premiere of the series tonight.

It was cheesy, hilariously acted, politically incorrect, and full of cheap thrills.

Just like the original.

And I freaking LOVED IT!

I think I'll stick with this series for a season at least. See where it goes and how closely it mirrors the 1980s series.

Gad! We'll soon be able to watch TV, that's still mostly crap, in hi-def digital!!!!