Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lydia Shum just passed away

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Probably due to the fact she restrained him from having contacts with Lydia and Joyce.
    No. Adam stressed (many times) that his wife has always reminded him to call and check on Joyce. Joyce is grown up now and is busy with her own life so sometimes she doesn't have time to talk to him, but they still send SMS to keep in touch. Joyce also told the reporters that "aunty" (Adam's wife) treats her very well and their daughters often called to check on Lydia Sum's condition when she was hospitalized. You might say Adam is biased toward his wife, but I doubt Joyce is.
    ♥ Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adamcheng22447 View Post
    No. Adam stressed (many times) that his wife has always reminded him to call and check on Joyce. Joyce is grown up now and is busy with her own life so sometimes she doesn't have time to talk to him, but they still send SMS to keep in touch. Joyce also told the reporters that "aunty" (Adam's wife) treats her very well and their daughters often called to check on Lydia Sum's condition when she was hospitalized. You might say Adam is biased toward his wife, but I doubt Joyce is.
    Is that so? My mistake then.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

How old is the daughter actually? I read a forwarded email a couple of years ago saying that she slimmed down, in comparison to how she looked when she was a kid, but I don't know much after that
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

The daughter is 20 now. I think she started slimming when she was 18.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A44Rqs4omoA

Adam Cheng being heckled by the audience. Just want to know what's your input on this.

They were long divorced. Adam now has his new family to attend to. However he feels, he's not obliged to put up a sentimental show for his ex. It would actually be awkward.

I never understood why Adam has always been labelled as the sinner. He didn't owe Lydia anything. A divorce is a tragedy in which both parties bear responsibility. Frankly speaking, it was strange in the first place how a handsome guy like Adam would marry a much-heavier-than-avereage (albeit talented) woman like Lydia. There are certainly things the audience don't know.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post

I never understood why Adam has always been labelled as the sinner. He didn't owe Lydia anything. A divorce is a tragedy in which both parties bear responsibility. Frankly speaking, it was strange in the first place how a handsome guy like Adam would marry a much-heavier-than-avereage (albeit talented) woman like Lydia. There are certainly things the audience don't know.
    Why? Fat people are supposed to marry only fat people while slim people are supposed to marry only slim people?

It's probably the way he left Lydia and Joyce years ago anyway, and Lydia's very popular.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

No, I don't mean disrespect, just think that there are lots of things we don't know about this whole family affair.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

There is that rumor about how he only married fei fei only to boost his own popularity. He supposidely courted her for 14 years. They married in 1985 and divorced in 1987 eight months after their daughter was born. Doesn't put Adam Cheng in a very good light.

There was also the underlying rumour that Lydia has been tied to the triads, especially early on. Same for Big Brother Yelling Tang. It's complicated, as with all family problems.

I think you're missing my point. It's what he did that's important.

You might be missing my point too. How they got together in the first place would have a bearing on their relationship.

I'm not aware of that. Can you be more specific with the details? Are you saying Adam Cheng might've been afraid of fei fei's possible affilations with the triad and that's why he left her?

According to Lydia (during an interview); years back when Adam was somewhere in Malaysia doing some show, the 'then' girl friend of his ,Sum Sum, requested Lydia (who was going there as well) to deliver a letter to him. Lydia didn't know that it was actually a 'break-up' letter.

Upon recieving that letter, Adam was heartbroken, and Lydia consoled him. According to Lydia that's how they got started, as one thing led to another.