Thread: Had Au Yeung Fung survived his ROCH duel with Hung 7 Gung...

Default Had Au Yeung Fung survived his ROCH duel with Hung 7 Gung...

If West Poison Au Yeung Fung had survived his duel with North Beggar Hung 7 Gung at the summit of Mt. Hua during ROCH, what would have been next for him? He had regained his memories and, ostensibly, his sanity. Would he have resumed his old vendettas against Gwok Jing, Wong Yung, and the other Greats? Would he have continued to seek the real 9 Yum Jen Ging in an attempt to take over wulin? Or did his twenty years of lost and aimless wandering with foggy memories, and his adoption of Yeung Gor, change him enough that he would have just retired from wulin and went on to live in peace...or, unthinkably, even joined forces with his former enemies to fight the Mongols (for Yeung Gor's sake)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    If West Poison Au Yeung Fung had survived his duel with North Beggar Hung 7 Gung at the summit of Mt. Hua during ROCH, what would have been next for him? He had regained his memories and, ostensibly, his sanity. Would he have resumed his old vendettas against Gwok Jing, Wong Yung, and the other Greats? Would he have continued to seek the real 9 Yum Jen Ging in an attempt to take over wulin? Or did his twenty years of lost and aimless wandering with foggy memories, and his adoption of Yeung Gor, change him enough that he would have just retired from wulin and went on to live in peace...or, unthinkably, even joined forces with his former enemies to fight the Mongols (for Yeung Gor's sake)?
    I think that he'd definitely take good care of Yang Guo. Some might say that his love for YG grew out of his insanity, but I think he truly saw something in the kid. Also, OYF isn't exactly the patriotic type.

Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth View Post
    I think that he'd definitely take good care of Yang Guo. Some might say that his love for YG grew out of his insanity, but I think he truly saw something in the kid. Also, OYF isn't exactly the patriotic type.
    Yeung Gor was a young adult already, and really didn't need Au Yeung Fung's parental care anymore. Au Yeung Fung would have been very valuable to Yeung Gor as an ally against the latter's powerful enemies, however (i.e. Lee Mok Sau, Gung Sheun Tze, Golden Wheel Monk, etc.). Interestingly, if Au Yeung Fung had remained alive, he would have had to tell Yeung Gor about the events surrouding the death of Yeung Gor's biological father, Yeung Hong. Au Yeung Fung had as much a hand in Yeung Hong's demise as Wong Yung did. It would have been awkward for the adopted father and son, to say the least.

Au Yeung Fung had no political allegiances, but he was willing to join nationalistic causes for personal reasons. He supported the Jin Empire during LOCH because his biological son, Au Yeung Hak, did. He might have supported the Sung for Yeung Gor's sake in a similar manner (but even if he did, would his old enemies accept him as an ally?).

I think Au Yeung Fung would stand by YG no matter what (but would have to hide the bits about his involvement with Yeung Hong's death). So if YG wants to marry his sifu, AYF'll beat anybody who opposes the marriage--definitely would've made the Hero's Meet quite exciting! Or if YG wants to kill GJ, AYF will gladly oblige... or if YG changes his mind, AYF would help too. I imagine it would sort of like how Little Dragon Girl stands by her man, except YG would need to restrain the occasional excesses I can imagine AYF would wish to indulge in, such as killing people rather casually and being villanous.
    ZOMG I'm back! Did ya miss me? (yeah, probably didn't...)

I heard there was a secret chord
    That David played, and it pleased the Lord.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

say OYF and HQG survived their battle. but severly injured and both had lost their inner power. even with 9yin, three months needed for their recovery. so yang guo would stay with them to look after them, HQG being a good guy would tell OYF the secret part of 9yin to cure himself, and they would teach it to yang guo. possibly OYF would teach yang guo more of his family martial arts and HQG would possibly teach him HL18Z since yang guo is so talented. later they would end up at the martial arts meet, HR would foam at the mouth because HQG had settled the score with OYF and GJ can't attack an injured man, even to avenge his teachers. OYF would be annoyed everyone selected HQG as the wulin leader but after his reprenstatives were beaten, he would have yang guo and XLN fight on his behalf. OYF becomes wulin leader. HR vomits all over the hall. GJ looks blur.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    nah I think he got another perspective of life other almost 20 years without any memory. He would go back to mount white camel with YG and teach him all the MAs he knows and YG would go back to wulin to find his real fathers killer ie GJ

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    he would have yang guo and XLN fight on his behalf. OYF becomes wulin leader. HR vomits all over the hall. GJ looks blur.
    Ooh! This is one fanfic which I like to see happen.

I think OYF and YG shared a really touching father-son relationship. He would stand by YG in the fight against the Mongols - would have been an extremely valuable ally. OYF and HYS would reconcile and fight together at the final Xiangyang battle. YG would inherit BOTH White Camel Mount and Ancient Tomb martial arts and properties.

AND I think OYF would have figured out how to cure YG's love flower poison and help XLN to recover. But of course, before all that, he would have murdered Gongsun Zhi for trying to marry XLN - would've saved a hell lot of trouble.

We all know that OYF did a lot for YG, but did YG really do that much for OYF? If OYF survived, would he look upon YG fondly with a lot of good memories about what his adopted son did for him, or would he just brush him off as a mistake he made while incapacitated? Did he really gain anything from having YG as his son?

It would be great if he joined YG and roamed about, though. One part I liked about ROCH 85's liberal filler scenes is the part where OYF clashes with GWM. It didn't affect the plot at all, but it was fun to see the two masters clash. If OYF and H7G survived, though, there would be too many fighters in wulin for GWM and LMC to even have a prayer of moving about without bumping into any one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    We all know that OYF did a lot for YG, but did YG really do that much for OYF? If OYF survived, would he look upon YG fondly with a lot of good memories about what his adopted son did for him, or would he just brush him off as a mistake he made while incapacitated? Did he really gain anything from having YG as his son?

It would be great if he joined YG and roamed about, though. One part I liked about ROCH 85's liberal filler scenes is the part where OYF clashes with GWM. It didn't affect the plot at all, but it was fun to see the two masters clash. If OYF and H7G survived, though, there would be too many fighters in wulin for GWM and LMC to even have a prayer of moving about without bumping into any one of them.
    Yang Guo protected and cared for Ouyang Feng when he was injured from the fight with Guo Jing, and Ke Zhen E came looking for him. More importantly, he didn't want to leave Ouyang Feng when he was recovering, simply out of love for his godfather, but Ouyang Feng told him to follow the Guos, and he'd find him later.

A particularly bad fabrication was 83's prolonged fight with Li Mochou. If the book's Li Mochou saw Ouyang Feng, she'd flee on sight, with the memory of the time when he chased her into the Ancient Tomb and had to repelled by her estranged shifu.