Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zhang Jia Ni (张嘉倪)

Quote Originally Posted by idolove View Post
    Loll I'm not confusing. I was just talking about the onscreen couple, thats all, I didn't confuse the 2. Maybe the words I used wasn't appropriate then it makes you think that I'm confusing.

And, WTF, what are you saying?! "aweful to see him molesting a 19-20 year old child in the name of acting" haha loll, hey in the post below, when I said your way to see Zi Ling and Yun Fan together is a bit immature, finally, umm... I think you are totally immature! =) Seriously, how old are u?!
    There is nothing more immature than giving out personal attacks to someone whose sharing an opinion.

And how is it 'immature' for me to say that? Please try to explain that to me without throwing out personal attacks.

I don't want to give you personal attack, I'm sorry if it is what I make u feeling. Everyone has their own opinion, then I don't want to talk more about it, we will be out topic if we continue to talk.

But I'm just disagree with what you wrote, ""aweful to see him molesting a 19-20 year old child in the name of acting"", I think that u exagerate a lil bit. If u really want to talk, you can PM me, if not, good bye.

*Anyway, keep up the thread, Zhang Jia Ni is very talentuous. =)
    Last edited by idolove; 02-26-08 at 10:31 PM.

To Tammy:
    I'm further into the series, not meaning to spoil your watching but it's finally when the part she and her sister's problem is resolved.. by the way.. where do you watch the series? I watch it on satellite TV, Astro Malaysia.. but I'm living in Brunei. Watch it on weekdays@8 pm. It's also on my sister's cable TV in Singapore, but Saturdays@8 pm I believe. Well in the beginning I thought it was just a 50-50 series, first saw it in Singapore on a rerun slot but then when I got back to Brunei, I noted it as on one of the main drama slots so I began to watch it. And my mum watches it too so I didnt mind. And now it's grown on me. Well, I have always loved Qiong Yao novels. Read one on SPCNET the earlier days, "I'm a Patch of Cloud", and watched QSSYMM, but didn't like it much because of Leo and Ruby.
    Last edited by XWingSuki; 02-26-08 at 11:42 PM.
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

I have been watching Dreams Link on DVD. I just finished the series last night. I might restart sometime soon, after I have another break. Since it's been awhile I started watching (hehe...like a week ago), I kinda forgot a bit about the beginning. So I watched the first 2 episodes again. It was fun watching Zi Ling and Yun Fan running wild on the streets de Paris. The fighting scenes were somewhat similar to the 1st episode of QSSYMM (a la Auntie Qiong Yao). This time around, Yun Fan even used Zi ling as the weapon!! He swung Zi Ling around and around to kick and to slap the pursuers! Wah... hao bang oh! Zi Ling's giggling and huff-and-puff along the way only added to the nutsyness of the adventure.

My grandma watched the first 6 episodes with me. Then, she had to quit watching the same speed as I did, coz she didn't have my energy level and urgency. Then, I let her catch up and lag behind and catch up and so on.... We cracked up so much together on the funny episodes.

I tried not to reveal the plot too much. Although there might be episode-to-episode synopses already on some websites, but non-Chinese speaking fans might be watching it or planning to watch it in the near future. Nonetheless, I like the lightheartedness injected into the series.
    Last edited by Tammy1CR; 03-09-08 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    sorry for bursting everyone's bubbles..but i think she looks like average chinese beauty.. she is pretty.dont get me wrong!... but she just pass me as another cute chinese actress..
    Hey, not at all bursted. The old say "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" is still true. Your view is different from mine. No one is perfect, including actresses. At the outset of this thread, I did mention that perhaps ZJN's looks were questionable at certain angles and with other factors. Well, perhaps I perceived the "right" angles of ZJN enough times.

So, your opinion is well taken. Regardless, I do thank you for your contribution to this thread, hehe, for stretching the thread. Your Time and effort definitely count. After all, without someone's response, I would be talking to myself. Now, that is tragic. So, please keep it coming. The same also applies to people with the "right" angles.

I know you dig some Korean series, right. Sometimes, I do too, but that goes well with other threads.
    Last edited by Tammy1CR; 03-09-08 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy1CR View Post
    Hey, not at all bursted. The old say "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" is still true. Your view is different from mine. No one is perfect, including actresses. At the outset of this thread, I did mention that perhaps ZJN's looks were questionable at certain angles and with other factors. Well, perhaps I perceived the "right" angles of ZJN enough times.

So, your opinion is well taken. Regardless, I do thank you for your contribution to this thread, hehe, for stretching the thread. Your Time and effort definitely count. After all, without someone's response, I would be talking to myself. Now, that is tragic. So, please keep it coming. The same also apply to people with the "right" angles.

I know you dig some Korean series, right. Sometimes, I do too, but that goes well with other threads.
    you dont have to thank me Tammy..lolz i'm just taking my stress out by coming here...

i do love korean series ..it's all bc of "my girl" but then i found them to be so repetitive after that ... i mean i quess everything gets boring after its glory...
    i got sick of Taiwanese series too, i found myself watching old TVB series now and some mainland series...
    Last edited by tuoimongmo2007; 02-28-08 at 02:12 PM.

@Tammy:
    I didn't watch the first few episodes. Was that when Zi Ling was very young?
    Overally I think Alex Fong did a greaaatttttttt job as Fei Yun Fan. He always impressed me as an actor, starting from the time i watched Burning Flame II when he was cast with Yoyo Mung. He's a sweet caring husband, and a nice friend to have.
    Where are you living anyway? Just if you wish to share. Were the DVDs cheap? I kinda regretted not buying it on DVD first time I saw it. Maybe I can get my bf to buy for me at singapore..hehehe **evillaugh**

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

Hmm.... let me visualize that "evillaugh".... It probably started with eyes roaming around and around....then looked mysteriously from side to side, of course, with a smirk on the face.... then came a deep stare and a burst of ha...ha...ha...hahaha. (Don't mind me. I'm just in that strange mood! I must be paying too much attention to the role of Lu Ping in Dreams Link when she turned psychotic.)

The age range of Wang Zi Ling (Zhang Jia Ni) is 16 - 24 in Dreams Link. Well, I'll give you a bit of info in the 1st 2 episodes.....

Wang Zi Ling started out as a 16-year-old high schooler. She liked to daydream; was so-so in school; often dreamed about walking on edges (e.g. cliff, lakeside); fantasized a relationship with older sister's boyfriend Chu Lian (Bao Bao), but was afraid to express it; a fanatic in full-length beaded strings - from ceiling to floor - with beads in various sizes, shapes and colors - forming a "curtain" by hanging them in arrays. Somehow, Chu Lian always had eye contacts with her. Sister Lu Ping (Qin Lan) was a great dancer.

Chu Lian went abroad to study. 2 years later, The 2 Wang sisters vacationed in Paris and visited Chu Lian. They stayed free of charge in Paris Hotel, which was owned by the Fei Family. The elder Fei brother were friends with the Wang family. Fei Yun Fan (Alex Fong) was the younger brother and an entrepreneur, seemingly a play boy the Wang sisters never met. Because Zi Ling failed to make it to college, she felt out of place touring around with Chu Lian and Lu Ping. So, she wanted to roam around Paris alone and coincidentally shared a taxi with Yun Fan, who tried to avoid an unwanted marriage with an aggressive French girlfriend. The French gf's father sent men to force Yun Fan to submit. Yun Fan refused and fought with the men. Zi Ling and Yun Fan ended up being chased all over Paris. (Mucho fun to watch!) The fighting scenes were somewhat similar to the 1st episode of QSSYMM. This time around, Yun Fan even used Zi ling as the weapon!! He swung Zi Ling around and around to kick and to slap the pursuers! Wah... hao bang oh! Zi Ling's giggling and huff-and-puff along the way added to the nutsyness of the adventure.

Zi Ling felt excited hanging out with Yun Fan and didn't think much of it. The next day, they were invited to the Fei Family wedding representing the Wang family. The groom happened to be Fei Yun Fan. The bride was his French gf. Evidently, Yun Fei met with his gf's father and somehow agreed to the wedding. Zi Ling felt deflated, because all that excitement on the 1st day in Paris was negated by the wedding.

-------------- * --------------

BTW, 2 French locales were used in the series: Paris and Provence (罗旺斯)

-------------- * --------------

Back to Tammy: I'm also a high schooler living in the USA. My parents are members of a video club. We get to watch mucho DVDs with an annual membership. As long as I do well in school and behave, I can watch any wholesome (?) videos I want. XWingSuki, did you watch the series with any subtitles? If yes, which language?

From Brunei to S'pore?! That is like friends across the globe or spanning the world! Whoaaaa! Hao Bang Oh!!
    Last edited by Tammy1CR; 02-29-08 at 12:26 AM.

Well, I didn't watch with any subtitles coz I understand Mandarin. On my satellite, it was in Malaysian subtitles and it was in English subtitles on my sister's cable TV in Singapore. Are you Chinese? you seem to have a good command of mandarin yourself

Btw, I finished the series yesterday..lovely ending~~
    When I was in Singapore, I saw this episode where Yun Fan was telling Zi Ling that his previous marriage was a "big joke" on himself and that he married the gf because she was pregnant, but the baby turned out to be some other French guy's.
    Last edited by XWingSuki; 02-28-08 at 11:49 PM.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Wow, you watched DL without subtitles! You must be an expert in Mandarin. There were some technical terminologies and proper names I just couldn't get without subtitles. I speak Mandarin, too, and one advantage about watching DVDs is using pause and reverse in order to catch phrases and names I missed. Auntie Qiong Yao's quite a literature expert. I was never trained to listen to technical Mandarin. I had to ask my grandma to interpret some phrases. Otherwise, I couldn't fall asleep all night thinking about them. Haha, one way to counteract is to keep myself busy with another DVD drama.

Yah, in the 2nd episode Yun Fan had a discussion with his French gf's father, but there was no explanation as to what they discussed. Of course, the reason for Yun Fan's willingness to get married was explained in later episodes.

------- * -------

My grandma moved from Shanghai to Hong Kong years ago, when my mom was married to my dad, who was from Hong Kong. Then, I went to English school in HK and I had a very good teacher. Then, we moved to USA 5 years ago. I speak Cantonese with my dad .... and mom (?), and Mandarin with my gramm. So, that should make me a Chinese. Hehe, I really went around and around to answer your question.

BTW, besides some Mainland productions, I also watched a few Taiwanese dramas and 4 HK series and about 20 Korean series. My favorite Cantonese series were War of the In-laws and Duke of Mount Deer. My favorite Korean series were My Girl, All About Eve and Prince's First Love. And Taiwanese series: My Lucky Star.
    Last edited by Tammy1CR; 02-29-08 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by idolove View Post
    I wanted to make a thread for her, but didn't get time. ^^ She is very pretty and act very good. Dreams Link is her first TV serie I think and it is her last.

She was so cute with Alex fong (Fei Yun Fan) in the TV serie, very good serie, everyone who love romantic movie should watch it.

*Visit that site: Dreams Link
    You will see a clip with her.
    idolove, is this ZJN's first and last series, and no more! Or am I misinterpreting or I missed the announcement? Please expound. Thanks!

No more? That`s a bit unjust for her fans. She's so fresh of face!

You can visit DramaWiki if you want to be sure if she played in other serie:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Zhang_Jia_Ni

Ah, thanks! So, it's not the case of quitting to act in TV series. My misinterpretation!

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Qin_Shu_Bao View Post
    No more? That`s a bit unjust for her fans. She's so fresh of face!
    Hehehe! There should be more! It's just, it's just, it's just me. I read too much into a message. So, let's hope Zhang Jia Ni will get into another production soon. As for me, it's aready 1 week too long a wait.

Here's a official site-blog about Zhang Jia Ni (in chinese) with her most recent news:

http://blog.sina.com.cn/zhangjiani
    Last edited by idolove; 03-02-08 at 09:30 PM.

Ooo! she's pretty. i saw first saw her on the "strictly come dancing show" on Hunan TV

i haven't seen "dream's link" yet, though, cause i'm a little hesitant about watching a qiong yao romance movie...

Default ...

Seriously, if you love romance, I think you should try to watch it. =)

Qiong Yao has quite a few romantic and/or comedy novels ending up in movies and series. I enjoyed Huan Zhu Ge Ge. Romance in the Rain was sad. I enjoy Dreams Link a bit more, because it's modern. I don't mind to watch another romantic series starring Zhang Jia Ni, with plenty of comedy in it would be nice. How 'bout ZJN in a wuxia series? Can anyone visualize her in ancient costumes?

In Dreams Link, there was an ironic part. Zi Ling (ZJN) stepped on Yun Fan's feet many times while dancing together at the party. However, in real life, Zhang Jia Ni was in numerous dancing contests. I imagine it should be strange to play the role of a non-dancer in a ballroom. I guess for a dancer, stepping on someone's toes needs lotsa practice, too.
    Last edited by Tammy1CR; 03-09-08 at 10:00 PM.