Thread: The Threshold of a Persona 《ID精英》

Default The Threshold of a Persona 《ID精英》

The series revolves around the work of the Hong Kong Immigration Department, and is the last of Hong Kong's uniformed services to be featured in a TVB production

Cast:
    Roger Kwok
    Patrick Tang
    Raymond Cho
    Yoyo Mung
    Toby Leung
    Kenny Wong
    Queenie Chu
    Natalie Tong
    Power Chan
    Ellesmere Choi
    Lau Kong

Costume Fitting:
    February 25th, 2008

Credit: batgwa
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-14-08 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by triumph2004 View Post
    The series revolves around the work of the Hong Kong Immigration Department, and is the last of Hong Kong's uniformed services to be featured in a TVB production
    so this is it? the very last one eh. i guess tvb has done it all...
    问世间,情是何物,直教生死相许?
    Lim Yo Hwan FIGHTING!

I hope this isn't like Always Ready where they just randomly go out for mission every day. I way bored to death by that show. Hopefully...hopefully...

"always ready" i remember that show, ya i hope this show doesnt turn out to be like that.
    问世间,情是何物,直教生死相许?
    Lim Yo Hwan FIGHTING!

If I'm not mistaken, it's the same producer from Always Ready.

Benny Chan Chin Pang (previously from ATV) have signed with TVB and this will be his 1st role after returning to TVB.

Raymond Cho's ranks is also elevated, he is sharing lead with Roger or at least the 2nd lead. He is in a love triangle with Yoyo and Roger. Majority of his screentime will be with them and his real life father in law David Chiang.
    Last edited by sehseh; 03-07-08 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Add information

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, it's the same producer from Always Ready.
    If this turns out to be like Always Ready then I'm definitely not watching this.

I feel Always Ready is ok, I'm enjoy watching the series, not that bad.

Default ?

No discussion at all on this series? Don't like it?

Well in my opinon, I LOVE IT! Great series. Trailer overexaggerates though. It's not AS actionish as it seems. But it is still very actionish.
    Currently Watching: A Watchdog's Tale

What a very quiet thread.....lol

For those interesting in knowing the overview of the series (containing spoilers) visit:

http://k-tvb.net/2009/07/07/the-thre...sona-overview/

Default Confusion

Okay so I thought the ending was on episode 26. I just got there and it's not the ending. I researched and it said 26 episodes in HK, 30 overseas. Why is that? Which episodes are missing? Is there a different version?

Its a nice and interesting drama overall.. well.. at least its so much better than recent TVB productions like Adam Cheng's King of Snookers..

click to show/hide spoilers
    Too bad Claire Yiu had to die.. She should have survived and live a happy life with her family.

And i didn't really like the idea of Yoyo with Roger in the end..

I have a question which i need to ask u guys.. In Ep 1, a man was refused entry into Hong Kong because when interviewed by Roger, he claimed that he was going to Tseung Kwan O City.. later Roger and Power was laughing at how the guy was even carrying an electric drill..

What is the significance of that? Why was he refused entry? And whats the link between going to Tseung Kwan O city and the electric drill?

Sorry, i don't understand this part, and it was also not explained..

Default Thoughts

Well, overall I thought this series was amazing. Many actors have improoved. I think Patrick Tang is pretty good now. I really didn't want this series to end.

click to show/hide spoilers
    I was very happy that Power Chan survived. What I really wished was when "Ah Kit" and his brother got a few hits at Raymond Cho (Yue), Wu Sum was also there to get a hit. I hated his character, so I guess that means his acting was good. I think that it was a happy ending but there was no match for Natalie Tong. I think it would've been better if it was a few years later, where Kelvin was out of jail and paired to Natalie.

If I could have a wish for this, it would be that there will be a part 2!

Quote Originally Posted by nie_feng2002 View Post
    I have a question which i need to ask u guys.. In Ep 1, a man was refused entry into Hong Kong because when interviewed by Roger, he claimed that he was going to Tseung Kwan O City.. later Roger and Power was laughing at how the guy was even carrying an electric drill..

What is the significance of that? Why was he refused entry? And whats the link between going to Tseung Kwan O city and the electric drill?

I didn't really get that too...lol What was the catch? Something wrong with the city? The drill was just to show he was obvious going there to work etc that's all that I got from it ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyMx View Post
    Okay so I thought the ending was on episode 26. I just got there and it's not the ending. I researched and it said 26 episodes in HK, 30 overseas. Why is that? Which episodes are missing? Is there a different version?
    HK has 27 episodes, HD has 26, and overseas has 30. It's basically the same story but each version was cut down to fit into some schedule. It's not a full ep that was cut off, but snippets from everywhere throughout the 30 episodes:

http://k-tvb.net/2009/07/13/the-thre...na-cut-scenes/

Quote Originally Posted by Sword Goddess View Post
    I didn't really get that too...lol What was the catch? Something wrong with the city? The drill was just to show he was obvious going there to work etc that's all that I got from it ^^;

HK has 27 episodes, HD has 26, and overseas has 30. It's basically the same story but each version was cut down to fit into some schedule. It's not a full ep that was cut off, but snippets from everywhere throughout the 30 episodes:

http://k-tvb.net/2009/07/13/the-thre...na-cut-scenes/
    Thanks lol. I never knew why there were 30 in US and 27 in HK. I was confused.

Quote Originally Posted by nie_feng2002 View Post

He was refused entry because he was going to work under a tourist permit in Hong Kong. This was not allowed. The electri drill was proof that he brought his own tools to work as a technician going into Hong Kong.

By the way, this is a great show. Good plot and even acting from every cast member. Wonder why so few peopl watch this?