Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: what is/was your major?

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Yea, I like writing like that since I am an English major and always have to worry about editing and all. I am glad to write and go with the flow.

Thanks and did you get my emails and pix? I don't mind if you show people my pix,not a big deal. But only the one with me alone since others may not want their pix shown to anyone....
    u mine letting me peak at the pic for a sec
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    u mine letting me peak at the pic for a sec
    If you want to see my pix, I can send it through email but will not post it here...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Thanks and did you get my emails and pix? I don't mind if you show people my pix,not a big deal. But only the one with me alone since others may not want their pix shown to anyone....
    Sure no problemo. and yup, i sent you an email and added you on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Ganryu View Post
    Sure no problemo. and yup, i sent you an email and added you on facebook
    Hi Ganryu,
    Thanks for your emails. I was trying to sign into my email, but I can't! I think I have to wait until tommorrow or something. My email is so annoying at times... Thanks for adding me to facebook and for sharing your pix... I will chat more with you later...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Hi Trinie,

No problem... so i'll chat with you later as well... Hope there's nothing wrong with your email

Quote Originally Posted by Ganryu View Post
    Hi Trinie,

No problem... so i'll chat with you later as well... Hope there's nothing wrong with your email
    Hi Ganryu,
    Thanks for your understanding. This has happened to me before.. I am praying that my email is ok or I will be really upset...

^^ Hey Trinie, yup no problem. Hope it gets fixed soon.

hey, just wanted to hear some of ya'll input (help me!!). i'm currently a political science major with a double minor in business and public relations but i'm thinking of switching PR to psychology. would that be 'better' or no?
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
    hey, just wanted to hear some of ya'll input (help me!!). i'm currently a political science major with a double minor in business and public relations but i'm thinking of switching PR to psychology. would that be 'better' or no?
    I have done a psychology major, so I'm pretty experienced about this.

Why do you want to switch to psychology? What are your later goals in terms of career and life?

The thing with psychology is that, while it is very interesting, it's not very easy to find a job with if you only have a Bachelors. You'll need at least a Masters to find a decent job.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post

Why do you want to switch to psychology? What are your later goals in terms of career and life?

The thing with psychology is that, while it is very interesting, it's not very easy to find a job with if you only have a Bachelors. You'll need at least a Masters to find a decent job.
    huh?
    oh no..i'm sticking with political science! lol, just possibly switching PR to psychology as a MINOR because it interests me. but i like PR as well.. i'm so indecisive!
    what are you doing now with the psychology major?
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Depending what psychology papers you do, they are both good add-ons to your political science major.

I reckon talk to your political science lecturers and see what they think. Personally public relations seem more relevant, though I have no exp in those fields.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
    huh?
    oh no..i'm sticking with political science! lol, just possibly switching PR to psychology as a MINOR because it interests me. but i like PR as well.. i'm so indecisive!
    what are you doing now with the psychology major?
    Oh, my bad, I misread.

In that case - psychology can be related to pretty much every thing societal, which is why it's quite a useful minor to have. but in the end, it's up to you to decide which would fit better with political science.

I'm working in a lab currently, and am going to go to graduate school afterward.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post

I was once a psychology major as well so I totally agree with you. It is a nice topic/subject to study, but I always asked myself will I be able to find a decent job with it?? Therefore, I changed to English and Chinese when I was an undergrad. One of my friends was a psychology major too and and was jobless and tried to go for a masters. But she quit after the first semester and has been doing nothing ever since(although she keeps on claiming that she will try for her masters again). However, it depends on your personal case as well...If you decide to minor in it along with your political science major, then that is a big plus.