+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Anyone ever got kicked out from class?

  1. #1
    Senior Member XWingSuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore
    Posts
    339

    Default Anyone ever got kicked out from class?

    Well..it happened to me..twice, i think..Once in year 1 and I was like 15 mins late and the lecturer said I was a disturbance and told me to get out, and second time was today..and she asked where I went to and why Im late and I told her I was at the photocopying shop and she said maybe I should go back there and she was being sarcastic I think..and so I just walked away and pretended nothing happened.. Well honestly I don't know how to feel and I just told my father my class got cancelled and I went home to watch TV with my mum..what a sore loser I am I guess
    not watching anything specific at the moment.


    Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

    Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Home sweet home
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XWingSuki View Post
    Well..it happened to me..twice, i think..Once in year 1 and I was like 15 mins late and the lecturer said I was a disturbance and told me to get out, and second time was today..and she asked where I went to and why Im late and I told her I was at the photocopying shop and she said maybe I should go back there and she was being sarcastic I think..and so I just walked away and pretended nothing happened.. Well honestly I don't know how to feel and I just told my father my class got cancelled and I went home to watch TV with my mum..what a sore loser I am I guess
    That's not so bad, I was once told to stand outside the classroom for the whole period because I was sleeping in class (which I did most of the time lol).

  3. #3
    Senior Member MrPhotastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Jungles of VN
    Posts
    638

    Default

    My friend and I got kicked out of our science class in elementary school because we couldn't stop laughing. I don't remember what we were laughing about.
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    992

    Default

    yeah, in middle school 'cause i was talking back to the teacher i think.
    number of piercings - 8 and counting.

    <3 them.

  5. #5
    Senior Member mind_wander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Well I did saw someone who actually missed close to the entire class. Someone came like 45minutes late when the class started like 45minutues ago, so the teacher give a disappointment look. Now thats bad.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

  6. #6
    Senior Member XWingSuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Well it's different coz I'm in "U" now and it has a huge impact on me
    not watching anything specific at the moment.


    Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

    Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

  7. #7
    Senior Member creamcheese007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mind_wander View Post
    Well I did saw someone who actually missed close to the entire class. Someone came like 45minutes late when the class started like 45minutues ago, so the teacher give a disappointment look. Now thats bad.
    I did that quite often in high school, well only for the first period though lol

    The teacher just looked at me and shook her head and I just smiled back

    As for college, they shouldn't really be kicking you out. Are they even allowed?

  8. #8
    Senior Member XWingSuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore
    Posts
    339

    Default

    I'm not in college. I'm in University, and 20+.
    When I was in first year, I got kicked out for entering fifteen minutes late and the "lecturer" (thats what we call them here) said "you're late and disturbing the class - get out" and so i left, then i heard from my classmate, who was 2 months pregnant that time, that she got kicked out as well for being late. The lecturer was a white, FYI. Well, maybe he has strict rules and mindsets.
    As for the event yesterday, I was rushing with my report due today and had to get some notes photocopied since I took about four school days (actually 6 days) and had to get things done as next Mon my short break starts, for a week. The lecturer was being sarcastic, I said I didnt see the time and was at the photocopy shop, then she said "maybe you should go back there now". And so I left, not bothering to ashame myself further.
    not watching anything specific at the moment.


    Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

    Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

  9. #9
    Senior Member LuNaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    a place full of raymond fan, HELP!
    Posts
    6,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XWingSuki View Post
    I'm not in college. I'm in University, and 20+.
    When I was in first year, I got kicked out for entering fifteen minutes late and the "lecturer" (thats what we call them here) said "you're late and disturbing the class - get out" and so i left, then i heard from my classmate, who was 2 months pregnant that time, that she got kicked out as well for being late. The lecturer was a white, FYI. Well, maybe he has strict rules and mindsets.
    As for the event yesterday, I was rushing with my report due today and had to get some notes photocopied since I took about four school days (actually 6 days) and had to get things done as next Mon my short break starts, for a week. The lecturer was being sarcastic, I said I didnt see the time and was at the photocopy shop, then she said "maybe you should go back there now". And so I left, not bothering to ashame myself further.
    same here, i was 15 min late cause i was trying to print my essay and she was like come back in 45min to turn it in... i was like ok.... she wasnt a professor either, just a lecturer
    SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 2010 and 2012 CHAMPS

  10. #10
    Senior Member XWingSuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Lol do you have a lot of professors? I only have one, from Germany. Well, most lecturers in my uni have doctorate degree, but the lecturer yesterday who was being sarcastic had just Masters degree, well Physics section is in need of lecturers.
    not watching anything specific at the moment.


    Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

    Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

  11. #11
    Senior Member LuNaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    a place full of raymond fan, HELP!
    Posts
    6,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XWingSuki View Post
    Lol do you have a lot of professors? I only have one, from Germany. Well, most lecturers in my uni have doctorate degree, but the lecturer yesterday who was being sarcastic had just Masters degree, well Physics section is in need of lecturers.
    most of my other subjects other than english are professors the thing asbout professors is that, they are either super boring or i can only understand them 10% of the time w/ the huge accent. i do have to agree tho, they are geniouses! my statistic professor from sweden actually wrote the textbook im using
    SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 2010 and 2012 CHAMPS

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Never seen anyone got kick out before, even latecomers etc. Probably because we paid high tuition fees. Lecturers were probably told to keep one eye shut

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    most of my other subjects other than english are professors the thing asbout professors is that, they are either super boring or i can only understand them 10% of the time w/ the huge accent. i do have to agree tho, they are geniouses! my statistic professor from sweden actually wrote the textbook im using
    most of them do this, they get a part of the books that get sold. hense the crapload of editions each has like 1 extra word from the previous editions.

  14. #14
    Senior Member LuNaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    a place full of raymond fan, HELP!
    Posts
    6,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    most of them do this, they get a part of the books that get sold. hense the crapload of editions each has like 1 extra word from the previous editions.
    i know, for my econ class, my friend bought a tenth edition book, which is brand new; while i bought a 9th edition, which is old and cheaper, and we compared the books and its like the exact same. what a cheap way to earn money
    SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 2010 and 2012 CHAMPS

  15. #15
    Senior Member Ren Ying Ying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hell in the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    3,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    i know, for my econ class, my friend bought a tenth edition book, which is brand new; while i bought a 9th edition, which is old and cheaper, and we compared the books and its like the exact same. what a cheap way to earn money
    at least they're "real" text books. some professors just make photocopies of sections of book and make you buy them at ridiculously high prices .

    if it's a large lecture, most professors don't care. but if it's a small class, they will likely frown on you. if they don't kick you out, you'll get docked points (which is equally bad)

    rule of thumb: either don't be late...or just don't bother going to class
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 02-28-08 at 05:27 AM.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Guo Xiang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The bubblehead
    Posts
    8,577

    Default

    Yeah, back when I was around 13-15. Mainly because of my bad attitude towards schoolwork.

    But there was once when I couldn't stop talking and laughing in biology class... I was still laughing after the teacher booted me out of the class. I still had no idea what happened to me back then.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.
    Posts
    2,710

    Default

    I have never been kicked out of class, but I have run away from school before. I remembered when I was around 4 years old, I refused to go to pre-school and would ran away from school every day for about 2 weeks straight. My *** would get a severe beating when I get home, but that didn't faze me. Finally, my parents got the hint that I wasn't ready for school and allowed me to stay home. A year later, I was anxious to attend school and didn't want to come home afterward.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Ren Ying Ying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hell in the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    3,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    I have never been kicked out of class, but I have run away from school before. I remembered when I was around 4 years old, I refused to go to pre-school and would ran away from school every day for about 2 weeks straight. My *** would get a severe beating when I get home, but that didn't faze me. Finally, my parents got the hint that I wasn't ready for school and allowed me to stay home. A year later, I was anxious to attend school and didn't want to come home afterward.
    a rebel since the age of four. tsk tsk. setting bad examples for our fellow 3 yr olds

  19. #19
    Senior Member KeongJai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    1,139

    Default

    yeah I've had the "if you're late you shouldn't bother coming" line from 1 or 2 lecturers at Uni before. Most don't really care if you're late and you come in through the back door quietly, but some kick a fuss about it.
    I remember one time, this girl came in about 15 minutes late, and the lecturer told her to leave, but she sat down anyway. Then he said "I'm serious. LEAVE NOW" and that woke me up (and probably everyone else too). After that people knew to not bother turning up if they were running late.

  20. #20
    Senior Member yittz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XWingSuki View Post
    I'm not in college. I'm in University, and 20+.
    When I was in first year, I got kicked out for entering fifteen minutes late and the "lecturer" (thats what we call them here) said "you're late and disturbing the class - get out" and so i left, then i heard from my classmate, who was 2 months pregnant that time, that she got kicked out as well for being late. The lecturer was a white, FYI. Well, maybe he has strict rules and mindsets.
    As for the event yesterday, I was rushing with my report due today and had to get some notes photocopied since I took about four school days (actually 6 days) and had to get things done as next Mon my short break starts, for a week. The lecturer was being sarcastic, I said I didnt see the time and was at the photocopy shop, then she said "maybe you should go back there now". And so I left, not bothering to ashame myself further.
    What?!?! Get kicked out just for being 15min late? You paid good money to be at his lecture, and since it's disrupted anyway, what does it matter if you sit down. I am chronically late, the lecturers don't seem to care. He did his job giving a lecture, it's up the the students if they want to turn up on time to learn.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

    Member of TC fanclub.

Similar Threads

  1. Why are MRB, XYS, JMZ, and XF in the same class?
    By superboy in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-05, 07:15 PM
  2. The Game kicked out of G-UNIT
    By bebe_girl in forum Entertainment News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-05, 08:19 PM
  3. Did the chinese have a warrior class?
    By Divine Condor in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-13-04, 03:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts