Thread: Any Priscilla Chan experts here?

Default Any Priscilla Chan experts here?

I have a couple of questions about her early album "Girl's Magazine". There are songs by 3 singers, split 3-3-4 with Priscilla getting 4 songs. One of the other singers is rather flat sounding, but the other has a soft and cutesy voice. Who is this second singer, and did she do anything else? And secondly, what is the title of the 10th track, the one that begins with a piano intro and ends with Priscilla oo-ing and aa-ing over a bass backing?

Not a Priscilla expert, but, I found this list on a website. But, I found this info on a website.

少女雜誌 [ CD ]
    陳慧嫻 | 陳樂敏 | 黎芷珊

1.   逝去的諾言–陳慧嫻
    2.   海邊之戀–陳樂敏
    3.   不要再問–黎芷珊
    4.   只要我開心–陳慧嫻
    5.   讓我快樂–陳慧嫻
    6.   絕對癡心–黎芷珊
    7.   夕陽家鄉–陳樂敏
    8.   悲哀的催眠曲–黎芷珊
    9.   任你怎麼收–陳樂敏
    10.  癡情夢醒–陳慧嫻

The 10th track is called 'Chi Ching Mung Sing'. (Just listened to the song. Confirm that it's the song u are talking about )

I think the flat sounding singer you are talking about is Lai Chi San (黎芷珊). The other girl sounds more cutesy than her. So, she must be the one you are talking about. Dunno if she's still with TVB now. But according to her wiki page, she last acted in Yummy Yummy. They give the wrong info. 鴨寮街的金蛋 came out in 2004.
    Last edited by kidd; 06-02-08 at 06:25 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

That's the song I was talking about. Also, "陳樂敏" (Chan Lok-min according to google-translate) was the girl I was talking about, as she did tracks 2, 7 and 9 which I've got on my playlist. I've googled for that name, but all it seems to link to is the Girl's Magazine album, so I guess that's all she did. Pity, as she has a nice voice, even if she wasn't a very good singer (which Priscilla certainly was). Track 10 might have been the show-off track, and I don't think the other 2 girls could have coped, as it had some strong instrumentals which needed equally strong vocals to couple, not to mention the range in feel.

Edit: What does Chan-Lok-min translate into in pinyin? My guess is Chen Luo-mian or something.

Oh, sorry. I misread your question. I reread it again. Now, I can see u are asking for the one with the cutesy voice. Sorry.

陳樂敏
    Cantonese: Chan Lok Man
    Mandarin: Chen Luo Min

Yeah it's a pity her career as a singer didn't develope. I like her voice too.
    Last edited by kidd; 06-03-08 at 11:26 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    And secondly, what is the title of the 10th track, the one that begins with a piano intro and ends with Priscilla oo-ing and aa-ing over a bass backing?
    Just digging this out. Said track 10 is very heavily based on Ichie by Momoe Yamaguchi. The verses are different, but the chorus uses the same rhythm and scales, while the ending is a direct lift, including the inflections. And the instrumentation. I can't find an online upload of Priscilla Chan's "痴情夢醒", so here's Momoe's "一恵".

Momoe Yamaguchi - Ichie