Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII - AC, CC, DOC

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien View Post
    I haven't played FF7: Crisis Core.

. .Rosso the Crimson vs Cloud Strife. . .we needed more of that [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpJZ8L3w6-U ]!
    Please tell me that Cloud is in DOC more often than this?!?!?!
    Is he only in this cut scene or is he a playable character in the game. Or are there any more cut scenes with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Flawless Flower View Post
    Yeah, but I'm in Europe, different region

Ok, actual game-related question:
    Do you guys think that Zack is better than Cloud? I mean, strength wise, limit breaks and so on? And who do you mostly play as?
    Never played FF7 before so I can't tell. But I do love it whenever Zack is with Aerith... it's just so sweet! Double the pain since we all know what's going to happen to him....
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Cloud is not playable in Dirge of Cerberus; that story is entirely Vincent centered. There's a few cut scenes of Cloud, but that's it.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Cloud is not playable in Dirge of Cerberus; that story is entirely Vincent centered. There's a few cut scenes of Cloud, but that's it.
    So as an obsessive Cloud fangirl it's not woth getting the game?
    I could only find one cutscene on youtube, which is also the one resident:alien posted.
    Is anyone here playing Crisis Core?

It's not your typical RPG. . .as a matter of fact, it should be more of the hybrid adventure/first-third person shooter genre. . .However, there are many interesting cutscenes. . .

Is it worth it? Words can do no justice. I say, if you can, rent it and play it for yourself. . .that's the best way to experience any video game. . .
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

So as an obsessive Cloud fangirl it's not woth getting the game?
    I could only find one cutscene on youtube, which is also the one resident:alien posted.
    Is anyone here playing Crisis Core?
    Yes, I do. Although Warriors Orochi has occupied my attention for the timebeing...

GX: Warriors Orochi? LMAO . . . I couldn't stomach another Dynasty/Samurai Warriors type game . . .
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Yes, I do. Although Warriors Orochi has occupied my attention for the timebeing...
    Cooool!!!
    But don't you also think that the DMW is lsightly annoying? I know that you're supposed to be able to predict the outcome or influence it somehow, but it doesn't happen for me yet...
    It's a loooong game, some of the fights take me forever!

Cooool!!!
    But don't you also think that the DMW is lsightly annoying? I know that you're supposed to be able to predict the outcome or influence it somehow, but it doesn't happen for me yet...
    It's a loooong game, some of the fights take me forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien View Post
    GX: Warriors Orochi? LMAO . . . I couldn't stomach another Dynasty/Samurai Warriors type game . . .
    Wahaha yeah. But I just get the kick out of levelling up the characters. Besides, there are new characters for me to use. I will take this as a trial period for SW2 before I buy it....

Ok, this may be a dumb question, but how do I know which materia and items to equip before a mission?

And oh my god, the DMW is doing my head in!!!!

Ok, this may be a dumb question, but how do I know which materia and items to equip before a mission?

And oh my god, the DMW is doing my head in!!!!
    There's an advantage since you don't die in missions. Learn your enemies' attack types to know what type of items you can equip (eg. if the enemy always uses 'DEATH' you'd want to equip Safe Bit...). Personally, I find the healing and fire materias as indispensible.

I just finished the game anyway, and it makes me cry.

I'm officially stuck in Chapter 7.
    I could continue with the storyline but I can't seem to complete a single mission anymore. They're so damn hard now and I can't get past the bosses. Also I seem to be missing a few vital materia and items.
    Where do I get this "Safe Bit" from? Another player recommended to use "Hell Firaga" or "Hell Blizzara" but where are they? I only have the standard Firaga and Blizzara.

But my biggest problem is the missions, as I said. Most of the time Zack steps onto the scene, but before I had time to figure out which spell to use the enemy already killed me.
    How is it they can kill me in a single blow/spell and take away my 5000HP?!?!? I mean, honestly, I can't even land a single hit.

Stuck. Stuck. Stuck.

Did you improve your defense and magic defense? Low stats isn't going to help you, even if you have a million HP. Shinra Beta is the best defense item. I don't remember where I got Safe Bit. I only knew I had it a week ago, hehe.

Fuse your materia to get Dark Firaga. I have no idea how to produce a Hell Firaga though, but I did get it in the latter missions. I don't use ice spells because it's too slow and too focused, but I did find that Zack's physical attack seems to improve when fire and ice spells are placed together; I don't know why.

What level are you? Maybe you can work on your levelling. Go back to previous missions and work on them. If the Vacation missions are open to you already, do the worm stage repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Did you improve your defense and magic defense? Low stats isn't going to help you, even if you have a million HP. Shinra Beta is the best defense item. I don't remember where I got Safe Bit. I only knew I had it a week ago, hehe.

Fuse your materia to get Dark Firaga. I have no idea how to produce a Hell Firaga though, but I did get it in the latter missions. I don't use ice spells because it's too slow and too focused, but I did find that Zack's physical attack seems to improve when fire and ice spells are placed together; I don't know why.

What level are you? Maybe you can work on your levelling. Go back to previous missions and work on them. If the Vacation missions are open to you already, do the worm stage repeatedly.
    Ok, I got the Safe Bit. I decided to continue with the Story and I got it in the Seven Wonders game in Nibelheim.
    Curently Zack is level 47, but only 41% missions are done.
    But I think you're right, I haven't worked on my stats at all. Fusing materia is more like con"fusing" materia for me still. I've tried several combinations but that stupid Hell Firaga just won't come.
    I'll try your advice and use fire and ice together, because like you I'm not a big fan of ice spells on their own.

I've done the vacation mission up to the last one, but again, I can't get past the Sea Hulk, he's way too powerful. And somehow Zack doesn't dodge or guard as quickly as I'd like.
    I'm pressing the guard button but he's still slashing away with his sword. Same with running away. He doesn't react instantly which is mostly the cause of his death.

Ho hum, you can tell I'm frustrated.

So, fusing materia is on top of the list, before I do anything else. If Zack still dies I might come back here in tears and with lots more questions...

OH. That sea hulk can be difficult. Here's how I beat him:

Use your dark firaga on it. Whether you use firaga or the buster sword on it, stop after TWO strikes and GUARD or roll to the creature's side or back. Once the creature is done attacking, beat him twice again. Repeat that.

But you have to watch out for that creature's limit break. DO NOT attack or cure immediately after the limit break. Yes, not even for cure, because the creature almost always follows up with an attack immediately after the limit break and that will most likely kill you if you tried to do anything other than guard or roll.

Use Cure after you get to safety zone. Then repeat the usual procedure until you kill it.

Until you get a better way to finish the Sea Hulk off, you can try out my method.

Btw, if he's still slashing away when you are trying to guard, it means you press the attack button too many times prior to guarding so it's human error over there. ^^;

In fusing materia, remember to give it stats too. For example, I pushed my Hell Firaga to +MAG 32, Hell Blizzara to +SPR 21 and etc.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 04-28-08 at 07:55 AM.

AAAARGH!!!!
    I've been trying for two days now and it just won't die!!!!!!!!
    Admittedly, with your advice I'm lasting longer now but I still lose....

But I'll keep trying....

OK, scratch that last post.

Sea Hulk... R.I.P.

Now on to the story... last chapter come on!!!!!

OK, scratch that last post.

Sea Hulk... R.I.P.

Now on to the story... last chapter come on!!!!!
    Hahaha! Congrats!

Ok, I'm through.....

Finished it last night, or should I say this morning at 2pm. OMG, how I cried...

I'm too traumatised to finish off the missions I still haven't done, which was my plan originally. I have to put Crisis Core aside and play some Lego Star Wars or something. Something happy.

But what a good game!

Give me another day to get over it and then I'll start with the criticism...

Ok, I'm through.....

Finished it last night, or should I say this morning at 2pm. OMG, how I cried...

I'm too traumatised to finish off the missions I still haven't done, which was my plan originally. I have to put Crisis Core aside and play some Lego Star Wars or something. Something happy.

But what a good game!

Give me another day to get over it and then I'll start with the criticism...
    Aww... I cried at the ending too. It's very sad!

For now, I'm playing Valkyrie Profile Lenneth, which is fun, too.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 05-02-08 at 08:59 PM.