Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII - AC, CC, DOC

I can't bring my self to finish my missions yet. It's weird playing with Zack again after just having been traumatised... so a little break is on order. Maybe I'll play FFVII again...

Oooh, and Lego Indiana Jones is out soon

Btw, how do you get Zack's HP up to 99999?!?!?!?! I watched a clip on youtube from someone doing the Minerva fight and he had 99999!!! How?

Quote Originally Posted by Flawless Flower View Post
    I can't bring my self to finish my missions yet. It's weird playing with Zack again after just having been traumatised... so a little break is on order. Maybe I'll play FFVII again...

Oooh, and Lego Indiana Jones is out soon

Btw, how do you get Zack's HP up to 99999?!?!?!?! I watched a clip on youtube from someone doing the Minerva fight and he had 99999!!! How?
    I have no idea... We shouldn't be able to get that number even if you equip several +HP materia... unless it's a secret weapon, or a video released by Square Enix itself.

However, I do know that there is an item that could break your attack limit of 9999 damage.

If you are still not playing any games right now, why don't you try Valkyrie Profile?
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 05-09-08 at 01:12 AM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    I have no idea... We shouldn't be able to get that number even if you equip several +HP materia... unless it's a secret weapon, or a video released by Square Enix itself.

However, I do know that there is an item that could break your attack limit of 9999 damage.

If you are still not playing any games right now, why don't you try Valkyrie Profile?
    Check this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY3B-HmNvEg
    This guy is good!

About Valkyrie Profile: I have been eyeing this game for a while now, but haven't bought it so far because I prefer playing as a male character (I love playing with men ). It does look good though.

Oh, maybe if more people buy it Square will realise it's a good idea to remake old Playstation games for new platforms...?

Ok, to promote the remake of FFVII for PS3 I shall buy Valkyrie Profile, thus signalling the dire need for Cloud v Sephiroth in full HD graphics!!

*voice of calm and reason sends this obsessed Cloud fangirl to bed...*

Check this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY3B-HmNvEg
    This guy is good!

About Valkyrie Profile: I have been eyeing this game for a while now, but haven't bought it so far because I prefer playing as a male character (I love playing with men ). It does look good though.

Oh, maybe if more people buy it Square will realise it's a good idea to remake old Playstation games for new platforms...?

Ok, to promote the remake of FFVII for PS3 I shall buy Valkyrie Profile, thus signalling the dire need for Cloud v Sephiroth in full HD graphics!!

*voice of calm and reason sends this obsessed Cloud fangirl to bed...*
    Great! You won't regret it, because the Valkyrie is very cool, much cooler than most if not all of the male characters in the game.

Btw, I hope Square Enix will remake FF7 too. I mean, although the game is now available on PC, but the graphics are too bleh for me accept.

Just on a side note:
    I watched Advent Children again since completing Crisis Core and the movie seems different. It's difficult to explain, but for example the first scene where we meet Kadaj and his gang is so much more poignant to me now.
    Kadaj just carelessly/intentionally kicks over the Buster sword that Cloud had planted as Zack's grave marker and the scene really gets to me now.
    I mean, it's the place where Zack died and we had that wonderful, tear-filled last exchange between Cloud and Zack and Kadaj just, I don't know, desecrates the whole thing.

Also, right at the end, when we see Aerith walk into the light and Zack's leaning against the wall he gives that really cool, detached wave to Cloud. Now after playing Crisis Core I feel that's very un-Zack-ish. Zack should have been a bit more upbeat, more like the 'restless puppy' in the game.

And as a final point: Cloud seems much more concerned with his guilt for Aerith than Zack. Or is that just me? Don't get me wrong, I'm not accusing Cloud of anything (I would never do that! ), it's more a case of Square overlooking Zack for Aerith's benefit. She is, after all, a recognizable, well-loved character and Zack was - to date - only a story-telling device.
    I mean, Cloud sees and hears Aerith everywhere throughout the movie and is wracked with guilt. I get that, I know what's going on in his mind. But shouldn't he be thinking about Zack once in a while? Surely Square must have had a fair idea (pardon the pun ) about Zack and Cloud's backstory and the upcoming Crisis Core?

Or might those scenes be deleted scenes we get to see in AC Complete, if it will ever be released???? I truly hope so, I wanna see more of Zack!!!!

That was just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    HaHa!!!!
    I found it!!!!!
    If you complete mission 7-3-6 you get Adaman Bangle which ups your HP to 99999. This shall be the first I try when I return to the game.
    Did some internet research because I still have some questions about the game. What I couldn't find was how to obtain all DMW characters.
    I still have some silhouettes and not all of my other ones are at 100%. I guess I'd have to do all the missions to gain 100%????
    Cloud is on 80, and Genesis is a failing 20!!!

HaHa!!!!
    I found it!!!!!
    If you complete mission 7-3-6 you get Adaman Bangle which ups your HP to 99999. This shall be the first I try when I return to the game.
    Did some internet research because I still have some questions about the game. What I couldn't find was how to obtain all DMW characters.
    I still have some silhouettes and not all of my other ones are at 100%. I guess I'd have to do all the missions to gain 100%????
    Cloud is on 80, and Genesis is a failing 20!!!
    Yep, I do think you have to complete all the missions to get all the DMWs. Unfortunately I don't feel like grinding in FFCC anymore. I still have grinding to do in Valkyrie Profile.

My mission percentage is only slightly over 50 percent, if I recall correctly.

Finally, Crisis Core was released here in Europe!!! Today was the day!

Normally I wouldn't have cared (having imported the game months ago) BUT to my great delight I found that it comes with a PSP bundle that contains the branded console they had for the release in Japan last year!!!

The one that was going on ebay for like $600 or more and I desperately treid to get but was too poor to affor.

And now we get it for a normal price here, too!!!

And since I work in the store that sells it I get a great fat staff discount on top

Happy.

Is it even possible to complete all the missions?

And get 100% for all the characters and summons in the DMW?
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88 View Post
    Is it even possible to complete all the missions?

And get 100% for all the characters and summons in the DMW?
    It's possible.

But you have to be very patient or very good to achieve 100%.
    The more missions you play, the more DMV pictures are unveiled. A good one would be to play the 1000 Shinra soldiers mission over and over again, so you level up more and are stronger for the more difficult missions.
    I'm clawing my way through them and am nearing 70%.
    But there's lots of guys on other boards that have 100%-ed weeks ago.

Guess I'm just not as good a gamer as I thought...

Guess I'm just not as good a gamer as I thought...
    Keep trying. You can do it.
    ..ext88

Btw, has anyone played Before Crisis?
    ..ext88

Btw, has anyone played Before Crisis?
    Alas, no I haven't. One thing you have to know about Europe is that it SUCKS for gamers. We don't get half the stuff that's released in Japan or USA (and when we do, it's months or years after the rest of the world) and our consoles (or phones for that matter) aren't compatible for imports.

So no Before Crisis for me

And no Advent Children Complete on BluRay, coz the European PS3 won't play it....

Alas, no I haven't. One thing you have to know about Europe is that it SUCKS for gamers. We don't get half the stuff that's released in Japan or USA (and when we do, it's months or years after the rest of the world) and our consoles (or phones for that matter) aren't compatible for imports.

So no Before Crisis for me

And no Advent Children Complete on BluRay, coz the European PS3 won't play it....
    Even games and consoles are racist.

Did you guys remember, the Zack in the main game also looks quite cool. The hair was really spiky in there.
    ..ext88

Did you guys remember, the Zack in the main game also looks quite cool. The hair was really spiky in there.
    Yeah, and you actually see him get shot in the head! That was really harsh. Zack's Crisis Core death was beautiful, I cried buckets. But his FFVII death was just brutal. Almost as if on a side note.
    Ok, so it was a side note, but still....
    And just look at Cloud's hair from back then!!!! That once central spike just stands out like an arrowhead, as if you could pin Cloud to a tree or anything and he'd stick

OMG OMG!!!

Check this out:
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168827

Read the last few paragraph's VERY CAREFULLY!!!!
    What does it mean?!?!?! Shocking announcement?
    What?

Interesting. Btw, I've read that Lightning is the female version of Cloud. Hmm...

So, hum, well.....

The "shocking" announcement was made this weekend at Squeenix' private party in Tokyo. So, I'm not sure which news was the "shocking" part. But this is it:

~ Advent Children Complete will definitely be realeased in March 2009 (I'll have Nomura's tongue if he breaks his promise!)
    ~ There will be a bundle option of PS3 with ACC
    ~ A demo version of FFXIII will be included in ACC
    ~ A few new character shots of FFXII have been released

So, if unlike me you find any of this "shocking" please do tell! Not quite the radical announcement I had hoped for.

But at least we have a release date for ACC. I just hope they either release a DVD version too, or a Region 2 Blu-Ray, so I can see it, too. Otherwise I'm gonna have to ask you guys to upload it on youtube to save me from utter misery

Hey, Guo Xiang, you changed your ava. Who is the guy? About Lightning, she's a female Cloud, huh? Well, well, don't they just mean she's sullen, depressed, confused and never smiles? Then yes, she's got something.
    But she's not as pretty as Cloud

From the trailers I'm more interested in Versus. But you know me, always prefer to play with men, hehe.

Hey, Guo Xiang, you changed your ava. Who is the guy? About Lightning, she's a female Cloud, huh? Well, well, don't they just mean she's sullen, depressed, confused and never smiles? Then yes, she's got something.
    But she's not as pretty as Cloud
    The guy in my new avvie is Takizawa Hideaki "Takki".

I'm not sure about her personality, but I thought she does looks like Cloud.