Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII - AC, CC, DOC

Hah!!!
    Now that ACC's release date is moving closer we have a new trailer for it (http://thelifestream.net/final-fanta...plete-trailer/) and also its cover art!!!
    Check this out: [COLOR=#800080]http://www.gamekyo.com/images1_4_29715.html[/COLOR]

Pretty sweet, huh? They even made Cloud's hair look more like it used to be with the central spike.

Oh, by the way, Zack has been voted as "Hero of the Year" by German gamers!!! Yey, his wish came true, he is a hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Flawless Flower View Post
    Hah!!!
    Now that ACC's release date is moving closer we have a new trailer for it (http://thelifestream.net/final-fanta...plete-trailer/) and also its cover art!!!
    Check this out: [COLOR=#800080]http://www.gamekyo.com/images1_4_29715.html[/COLOR]

Pretty sweet, huh? They even made Cloud's hair look more like it used to be with the central spike.

Oh, by the way, Zack has been voted as "Hero of the Year" by German gamers!!! Yey, his wish came true, he is a hero!
    Oh yeah! Way to go, Zack!

The cover art is beautiful! Is that a redo version of FF7 or what?!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

It's the Director's Cut of Advent Children!!! It's exactly 25 minutes longer than Advent children and as we can see in the kick-*** trailer, it features more Zack (major woooo-hoooo for that ), more background story and most importantly, the revamped version of the final battle between Cloud ) and Sephy, in which Sephy now has his one wing! How cool is that?!?!?

Also, I much love the fact that Cloud isn't merely stabbed in the shoulder by Sephiroth now, but is literally impaled, it looks sooooo cooooool!!!
    Honestly, I know this trailer by heart now

It's the Director's Cut of Advent Children!!! It's exactly 25 minutes longer than Advent children and as we can see in the kick-*** trailer, it features more Zack (major woooo-hoooo for that ), more background story and most importantly, the revamped version of the final battle between Cloud ) and Sephy, in which Sephy now has his one wing! How cool is that?!?!?

Also, I much love the fact that Cloud isn't merely stabbed in the shoulder by Sephiroth now, but is literally impaled, it looks sooooo cooooool!!!
    Honestly, I know this trailer by heart now
    Woa. And I bought the expensive limited edition of AC!

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Woa. And I bought the expensive limited edition of AC!
    So did I.... but hey, the limited edition still has stuff that won't be on the Director's Cut, like the Anime "Last Order", the book, the postards...
    And I'm rather fond of "Last Order", more Zack and Cloud, hehe

And guess what, they're gonna have a special Playstation 3 bundle with ACC: A Final Fantasy 7 branded console plus the Blu-Ray for just over $500!!!! Waaaa! Wanna have! But so far it's not planned for Europe...

Yet another trailer for ACC!!!!!!!!
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44904.html

It takes a while to load but it's well worth it!

They've seemingly "bloodied up" the Director's Cut, even Cloud is bleeding now in his battle with Sephiroth.

Soooo cannot wait to see this!

Ok, so Advent Children Complete has been out for a while now. Please, anyone got an opinion? I have to wait for the European release, since there seems to be some question as to whether the Japanese and/or American Blu-Ray are region-free.
    On some forums they say the Japanese disc is playable everywhere, on others they say it'S only the FFXIII Demo that isn't encoded.
    Same problem with the USA release.

Can anyone enlighten me and clear up this question?

Of course I've seen all the pictures and watched a few scenes on youtube and I have to say I CANNOT wait to see this in all its glory! It looks absolutely amazing!

Especially the fight between Sephy and Cloud!!!! Omg, sooooo good!! The blood, and the despair, and more blood, and the hopelessness, and then - BOOM - ZACK!!!!!!! And then Cloud's mega-cool limit break!
    Waaaaah, I wanna see this properly so bad!!!

American Version is locked to A.
    Japanese Version is unlocked but has no english subtitles.

Source: http://www.asianblurayguide.com/

Yeah, that's what it says on amazon and so on. And even on www.blu-ray.com. But if you check the cover art now released by Sony Pictures (also available on blu-ray.com) closely, it lists region A, B and C. So it's regio-free too, right?!?!?!

Gonna start Crisis Core soon. Can't wait for that. I've been wanting a FF7 prequel for some time now to learn more about Seph. Dissidia is also bada$$, u get to play as Seph with his masamune

Especially the fight between Sephy and Cloud!!!! Omg, sooooo good!! The blood, and the despair, and more blood, and the hopelessness, and then - BOOM - ZACK!!!!!!! And then Cloud's mega-cool limit break!
    Waaaaah, I wanna see this properly so bad!!!
    Haha your enthuasiasm for FF7 material is like mine Yeah the Blu-Ray Advent Children is kicka$$. One of the best Blu-Ray releases.

Yay! Someone's still reading this thread!!!!

Oh, you're gonna love Crisis Core! Lots of Sephy background, even before he went to the Dark Side, lol! And gorgeous cut scenes! I've played it about 10 times now and it never gets old, I love it!

And yeah, Dissidia rocks big time! The story mode is a bit tedious if you HAVE to play with chars that don't really interest you (I mostly play Cloud in free mode ), but it's still well made. The best beat-em-up I've seen in years!

Since my last post (wow, all the way back in May!) I have bought a PS3 and the Advent Children Complete Blu-Ray! I must have watched it a million times - it's still the only Blu-Ray I own!

Yay! Someone's still reading this thread!!!! Glad to see another hardcore FF fan on spcnet

Oh, you're gonna love Crisis Core! Lots of Sephy background, even before he went to the Dark Side, lol! And gorgeous cut scenes! I've played it about 10 times now and it never gets old, I love it!

And yeah, Dissidia rocks big time! The story mode is a bit tedious if you HAVE to play with chars that don't really interest you (I mostly play Cloud in free mode ), but it's still well made. The best beat-em-up I've seen in years!

Since my last post (wow, all the way back in May!) I have bought a PS3 and the Advent Children Complete Blu-Ray! I must have watched it a million times - it's still the only Blu-Ray I own!
    I didn't even know this thread existed until recently haha

I'm a huge Sephiroth fan and its incredible to be finally able to play as him in Dissidia with all his awesome sword moves I was kinda disapointed that Sephiroth doesn't have his own story in the Odysseys. But I guess i was happy being able to play as Cloud (the next best thing). I also had a soft spot for Terra because Final Fantasy VI was one of my favorite RPGs. Dissidia's gameplay definitely rocks big time. It's even more fun and intense than popular fighting games like Tekken and Soul Calibur. In fact, i'll never look at a fighting game the same way after playing Dissidia. It's absolutely genius how they combined elements of RPG's with Fighting game mechanics.

Yeah i can't wait for Crisis Core!! I'm going to start that one soon. Its been years since I played FF VII so it'll be nice to revisit the universe again. All I remember from FF VII (regarding Sephiroth) is that Sephiroth was a legendary hero and a powerful swordsmen working for SOLDIER. So I wanna learn more about his past and see him kick a$$. And I heard that Aeris is in the game... Is she Sephiroth's girlfriend? haha. And I remember that Zack dude from FF VII but didn't get to learn much about him but I remembered he was associated with Cloud and Aeris. And I heard Zack is the main character in this game.

I got a PS3 recently too... Maybe one month ago. I can't wait for FF XIII and other RPG franchises to show up. I'm hoping they continue the Lunar franchise (another of my favorite RPGs) on the PS3. I love those RPGs with anime themes and characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    I didn't even know this thread existed until recently haha

I'm a huge Sephiroth fan and its incredible to be finally able to play as him in Dissidia with all his awesome sword moves I was kinda disapointed that Sephiroth doesn't have his own story in the Odysseys. But I guess i was happy being able to play as Cloud (the next best thing). I also had a soft spot for Terra because Final Fantasy VI was one of my favorite RPGs. Dissidia's gameplay definitely rocks big time. It's even more fun and intense than popular fighting games like Tekken and Soul Calibur. In fact, i'll never look at a fighting game the same way after playing Dissidia. It's absolutely genius how they combined elements of RPG's with Fighting game mechanics.

Yeah i can't wait for Crisis Core!! I'm going to start that one soon. Its been years since I played FF VII so it'll be nice to revisit the universe again. All I remember from FF VII (regarding Sephiroth) is that Sephiroth was a legendary hero and a powerful swordsmen working for SOLDIER. So I wanna learn more about his past and see him kick a$$. And I heard that Aeris is in the game... Is she Sephiroth's girlfriend? haha. And I remember that Zack dude from FF VII but didn't get to learn much about him but I remembered he was associated with Cloud and Aeris. And I heard Zack is the main character in this game.

I got a PS3 recently too... Maybe one month ago. I can't wait for FF XIII and other RPG franchises to show up. I'm hoping they continue the Lunar franchise (another of my favorite RPGs) on the PS3. I love those RPGs with anime themes and characters.
    You will be playing as Zack, and only as him. No party characters; it will just be him.

And yep, you will be getting an amount of background story on Sephiroth - you might be surprised.... 'cos he actually has some f******.

You will get more background on Zack and Aerith's relationship too, about their own story, and Cloud too. You get to see a really young Cloud... so cute you just wanna pinch his cheeks and give him a hug. I think that's actually how Zack felt anyway.

The ending is also epic.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 11-10-09 at 11:34 PM.

You will be playing as Zack, and only as him. No party characters; it will just be him.

And yep, you will be getting an amount of background story on Sephiroth - you might be surprised.... 'cos he actually has some f******.

You will get more background on Zack and Aerith's relationship too, about their own story, and Cloud too. You get to see a really young Cloud... so cute you just wanna pinch his cheeks and give him a hug. I think that's actually how Zack felt anyway.

The ending is also epic.
    ... he actually has some ****ed issues or he...? Tell tell

oh i didn't remember that it was Zack and Aerith that had something going on. Too bad Sephiroth kills her in FF VII haha. From what i seen of Crisis Core, Zack seems to be a pretty hyper guy. I always thought he would be kind of laid back like Cloud.

Hehehe... "Friends"!

oh i didn't remember that it was Zack and Aerith that had something going on. Too bad Sephiroth kills her in FF VII haha. From what i seen of Crisis Core, Zack seems to be a pretty hyper guy. I always thought he would be kind of laid back like Cloud.

Zack is wonderful! It's impossible not to like him!
    He's the polar opposite of Cloud - happy, carefree, flirty, oh and he DID make it to Soldier 1st Class!
    But he takes Cloud under his wing and they become best friends! Zack and Aerith make a lovely couple too, there's soem really sweet scenes between them.

As I said, you're gonna love Crisis Core!

He's the polar opposite of Cloud - happy, carefree, flirty, oh and he DID make it to Soldier 1st Class!
    But he takes Cloud under his wing and they become best friends! Zack and Aerith make a lovely couple too, there's soem really sweet scenes between them.

We can't expect any less from our sweet little pup!

Waaaah. I wish Dissidia could have Zack or Genesis as additional characters for us to play.

Nice nice, looking forward to it Been taking a vacation from FF stuff to catch up on the RPGs for the PS3. Zack and Aerith eh?? What about Cloud? It should be Cloud and Aerith

Waaaah. I wish Dissidia could have Zack or Genesis as additional characters for us to play.
    Yeah they were missing a lot of characters. They only chose one hero and one villain from each game =\ btw, since ur addicted to Dissidia, i think u'll love Demon's Souls. It marries action components with RPG elements like Dissidia and it has awesome epic boss fights. Make this your next purchase

Nice nice, looking forward to it Been taking a vacation from FF stuff to catch up on the RPGs for the PS3. Zack and Aerith eh?? What about Cloud? It should be Cloud and Aerith

Yeah they were missing a lot of characters. They only chose one hero and one villain from each game =\ btw, since ur addicted to Dissidia, i think u'll love Demon's Souls. It marries action components with RPG elements like Dissidia and it has awesome epic boss fights. Make this your next purchase
    I prefer Zack with Aerith. Cloud should stick with Tifa.

Anyway, someone managed to hack Zack's voice clips into Cloud in Dissidia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZqSFAw3ZtA