Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hana Yori Dango - Boys Before Flowers (Korean Version)

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
    I've only watched up to episode 4 so far and I think it's an okay series.

I agree with everybody that said Jan Di is weak. SanCai & Tsukushi were more feisty & prettier. Tsukushi is still the best one for me.

This version's pace is really fast...sometimes I think if you've never watched before, you might feel like you're missing something. The biggest gap I found so far is the chemistry between Gun Pyo & Jan Di. I have yet to feel that Jan Di really likes Gun Pyo.

Hopefully, it'll get better though.
    I tried watching the Japanese version a couple of yrs ago because my cousin introduced it to me. IMO, it wasn't my taste at all. I tried to keep watching it, but it didn't sink in. Perhaps, I wasn't used to it. I mean the characters at first, looked kind of new or bizarre to me. On top of that, the main character didn't look so strong. I mean he had a great character, but it just wasn't suited for him (the outside looks). I'm not trying to criticize him or anything, but I mean hey, outside appearance does give you an image or an effect too on the overall character.

I told myself that BOF would be the same, but somehow I just gave it a try to just see what'll be like. At the beginning, I was like ok, they look funny too (perhaps, of GJP's curly hair, I don't know? Perhaps, of JH's feminine looks?). That was just first impression, and afterwards (after ep.1), I thought Jandi's character was exaggerated. The only thing that kept me watching was Kim Bum (knowing him from EOE) and the quickly adapted storyline.

Now, I'm really glad I watched it. I'm totally hooked to it. Don't worry, I think I had some thoughts similar to you before, but now I even forgot that I didn't like the beginning. I mean their chemistry (JD and JP) is so CUTE. Well, Jandi might be a little weaker than the Jap's main character (sorry, don't remember that much), but however, she has a different personality. I thought it gave a big more twist, rather than having the same storyline over. You will learn to love GJP and all the other characters. JD will get less annoying; I can guarantee you that .

Right now, I'm addicted. I think this will be the second drama or so that I'll be able to finish it. Note that even though some dramas might be my fav. I rarely finish it because it ends up dragging on at the end.
    The funny thing is that I know the beginning and ending of this drama, yet the middle part is where it's getting really interesting. This drama doesn't only revolve around the love triangle, but others as well. I guess this is what makes it more interesting and distinguishing from other K-dramas. Really it isn't draggy either !
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

I really liked HYD Japanese Version. Their F4 sooted my believe of what rich, handsome and cool guys looked like. The different personalities of the people was what I expected and I think Makino was played out very well. I couldn't stand to watch the Taiwanese one, F4 didn't look as appealing or as rich. Their personality were okay but nobody struck me with outstanding performances such as the leader of F4 didn't give me a leader vibe like the Japanese version played by Matsumoto Jun. I didn 't read the manga but I did hear that the Japanese version didn't follow the manga but I liked it, the story brought out Makino's strengths and weaknesses which made Domyoji a good match for her to balance it out. I couldn't get that feel in the Taiwan version, I could only watch up to the hunger strike incident of son vs. mom.

Now on to the newer Korean version, I might be able to stand to watch this one. F4 I needed time to warm up to them, although our female star isn't strong like Makino I think I can still stand to see it. F4 looks rich like the other rich kids of the school and you can see the contrast with the female star whom is poor. The taiwanese version, I didn't see anyone whom looked extremely rich. By standard in looks, the Japanese version still wins and I liked how the story went and it didn't seem as draggy like the Taiwanese. As for the Korean one I've only watch about a fourth of it so still hard to tell where this one is heading. So far I would pick the Japanese one first then the Korean one, I can't stand the Taiwanese one to place it. Although it's hard to remember that one was made so early on compared to the Japanese and now Korean one that of course there's going to be something not as good technology wise.

Quote Originally Posted by bach_ngoc17 View Post
    I really liked HYD Japanese Version. Their F4 sooted my believe of what rich, handsome and cool guys looked like. The different personalities of the people was what I expected and I think Makino was played out very well. I couldn't stand to watch the Taiwanese one, F4 didn't look as appealing or as rich. Their personality were okay but nobody struck me with outstanding performances such as the leader of F4 didn't give me a leader vibe like the Japanese version played by Matsumoto Jun. I didn 't read the manga but I did hear that the Japanese version didn't follow the manga but I liked it, the story brought out Makino's strengths and weaknesses which made Domyoji a good match for her to balance it out. I couldn't get that feel in the Taiwan version, I could only watch up to the hunger strike incident of son vs. mom.

Now on to the newer Korean version, I might be able to stand to watch this one. F4 I needed time to warm up to them, although our female star isn't strong like Makino I think I can still stand to see it. F4 looks rich like the other rich kids of the school and you can see the contrast with the female star whom is poor. The taiwanese version, I didn't see anyone whom looked extremely rich. By standard in looks, the Japanese version still wins and I liked how the story went and it didn't seem as draggy like the Taiwanese. As for the Korean one I've only watch about a fourth of it so still hard to tell where this one is heading. So far I would pick the Japanese one first then the Korean one, I can't stand the Taiwanese one to place it. Although it's hard to remember that one was made so early on compared to the Japanese and now Korean one that of course there's going to be something not as good technology wise.
    Yes, at the beginning the characters really bothered me because I thought they couldn't act. Although, give it a try up until ep 8. Perhaps, then you'll get attached to their characters .
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36 View Post
    Yes, at the beginning the characters really bothered me because I thought they couldn't act. Although, give it a try up until ep 8. Perhaps, then you'll get attached to their characters .
    As for me I have watched up to episode 12 and there's still something wrong with Jan Di. I can't like this adaptation like you do and I stand by my opinions of the changes or rather the butchering of the important scenes here.

For me, I never seen that much chemistry between Jan Di with the guys. Or even the characters Rui and Makino (Ji Hoo and Jan Di) of any of the versions. It's just the main guy and girl has so much fire and so its easier to see and feel their feelings.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 02-25-09 at 12:05 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Sunlight Zero : When I first watched the Japanese version, I thought the guys looked weird (specially with the skinny pants that made their legs looked like chicken legs). But then after I watched more, they grew on me.....somehow they looked great for the characters (even though personally, they're not my taste).

I love Inoue Mao's Tsukushi...that's still the best for me *by far*

And I agree, in the Taiwanese version, those guys didn't give me vibe for being the rich, spoiled kids. And I think Suet Seung mentioned that the extravagant richness in this version kinda rub her the wrong way. IMO, the Japanese version flashed more branded & luxurious stuff. The Domyoji mansion is way bigger & nicer than GJP's house (if I remember correctly).

Overall, I will keep watching this version. I'm happy though, because of this series, I found another Korean cutie a.k.a Kim Bum

I tried watching the Japanese version a couple of yrs ago because my cousin introduced it to me. IMO, it wasn't my taste at all. I tried to keep watching it, but it didn't sink in. Perhaps, I wasn't used to it. I mean the characters at first, looked kind of new or bizarre to me. On top of that, the main character didn't look so strong. I mean he had a great character, but it just wasn't suited for him (the outside looks). I'm not trying to criticize him or anything, but I mean hey, outside appearance does give you an image or an effect too on the overall character.

I told myself that BOF would be the same, but somehow I just gave it a try to just see what'll be like. At the beginning, I was like ok, they look funny too (perhaps, of GJP's curly hair, I don't know? Perhaps, of JH's feminine looks?). That was just first impression, and afterwards (after ep.1), I thought Jandi's character was exaggerated. The only thing that kept me watching was Kim Bum (knowing him from EOE) and the quickly adapted storyline.

Now, I'm really glad I watched it. I'm totally hooked to it. Don't worry, I think I had some thoughts similar to you before, but now I even forgot that I didn't like the beginning. I mean their chemistry (JD and JP) is so CUTE. Well, Jandi might be a little weaker than the Jap's main character (sorry, don't remember that much), but however, she has a different personality. I thought it gave a big more twist, rather than having the same storyline over. You will learn to love GJP and all the other characters. JD will get less annoying; I can guarantee you that .

Right now, I'm addicted. I think this will be the second drama or so that I'll be able to finish it. Note that even though some dramas might be my fav. I rarely finish it because it ends up dragging on at the end.
    The funny thing is that I know the beginning and ending of this drama, yet the middle part is where it's getting really interesting. This drama doesn't only revolve around the love triangle, but others as well. I guess this is what makes it more interesting and distinguishing from other K-dramas. Really it isn't draggy either !

OMIGOSH...EXACTLY HOW I FEEL...I'M ON EPISODE 16 ALREADY AND GOSH, I REALLY ENJOYED THE ROMANCE BTW THE TWO LEADS. I ACTUALLY SHED A FEW TEARS FOR BEING TOUCHED BY GUN PYO'S ACTING..
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    As for me I have watched up to episode 12 and there's still something wrong with Jan Di. I can't like this adaptation like you do and I stand by my opinions of the changes or rather the butchering of the important scenes here.

For me, I never seen that much chemistry between Jan Di with the guys. Or even the characters Rui and Makino (Ji Hoo and Jan Di) of any of the versions. It's just the main guy and girl has so much fire and so its easier to see and feel their feelings.
    Well, what if you've never seen the Jap version would you have a different opinion on Jandi? I mean people are comparing the three versions too much, therefore, they have high expectations. What if the Korean version came out first? They're all pretty much different. If they were all the same, then that be very hard to compete. Jandi isn't Makino for sure. Perhaps, Korean likes to play it on a different atmosphere where Jandi is also close to the F4.

By, the way do you guys know why it's called F4? I think I missed it when somebody mentionned it.
    Last edited by Sunlight_zero36; 02-25-09 at 09:43 AM.
    -

Sunlight Zero : When I first watched the Japanese version, I thought the guys looked weird (specially with the skinny pants that made their legs looked like chicken legs). But then after I watched more, they grew on me.....somehow they looked great for the characters (even though personally, they're not my taste).

I love Inoue Mao's Tsukushi...that's still the best for me *by far*

And I agree, in the Taiwanese version, those guys didn't give me vibe for being the rich, spoiled kids. And I think Suet Seung mentioned that the extravagant richness in this version kinda rub her the wrong way. IMO, the Japanese version flashed more branded & luxurious stuff. The Domyoji mansion is way bigger & nicer than GJP's house (if I remember correctly).

Overall, I will keep watching this version. I'm happy though, because of this series, I found another Korean cutie a.k.a Kim Bum
    Well, the Korean version is more colorful. That also gives me a different vibe . It makes you feel a little happier.

Gosh, Kim Bum's smile is a killer haha. He also has dimples ehh?

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    OMIGOSH...EXACTLY HOW I FEEL...I'M ON EPISODE 16 ALREADY AND GOSH, I REALLY ENJOYED THE ROMANCE BTW THE TWO LEADS. I ACTUALLY SHED A FEW TEARS FOR BEING TOUCHED BY GUN PYO'S ACTING..
    Yes, he's so good looking haha. I personally, think he's the best looking guy out of the F4. He really stands out too because he's tall. I love his expressions, especially towards Jandi, when he's denying his love for her. Whereas, in reality we all know how he feels for her haha.
    Last edited by Sunlight_zero36; 02-25-09 at 09:40 AM.
    -

Well, what if you've never seen the Jap version would you have a different opinion on Jandi? I mean people are comparing the three versions too much, therefore, they have high expectations. What if the Korean version came out first? They're all pretty much different. If they were all the same, then that be very hard to compete. Jandi isn't Makino for sure. Perhaps, Korean likes to play it on a different atmosphere where Jandi is also close to the F4.

By, the way do you guys know why it's called F4? I think I missed it when somebody mentionned it.
    The Japanese version changed a lot in terms of presenting particular scenes that strengthens the bond and love between Domyoji and Makino in a different sequence. Therefore it was not page by page according to the manga. I've read the manga. However, we still get the same feelings portrayed in the manga.

I am comparing it with the manga. They claim it as Hana Yori Dango (eng trans. Boys Over Flowers) then it's bound to be compared to the manga. Otherwise, change the title and change everything.

The biggest problem I have with the Korean version is that they split up the contents of important scenes, so the details and reasons things happen as they do, don't add up and make sense. It's like having giving you a turkey and cutting out all the meat, leaving you with the bare scraps of meat that is still sticking to the bones. Then giving you the meat at a later time when it isn't as meaningful. It would have been more meaningful if they HAD NOT cut up the scene and change it. It waters down the meaningful scenes and cut them up. My point is...it's not as subtle and intense...Korean version just takes stuff here and there then inject a big dose of their own MELODRAMATIC element like most of their dramas are.

If you had a favorite book and they adapted it into a series, you would expect that they use scenes from the book and keep at least those particular scenes intact. Sure, they can take liberties on the film and sequence of the scenes and where it happens. But if they freaking cut up the scene so it seems like a puzzle and ANY piece can go ANYwhere. The significance of the scene's meaning is LOST.

There's several examples of this stupid cutting up of scenes. That is not called a clever twist or anything. It's anything but a clever twist to scenes. The significance of the scene is lost ~!

Do you understand my frustration here?

Now, I do try to enjoy it for what the drama is, but if the manga and the anime (I won't mention the other drama's versions), all portray Jan Di/Makino Tsukushi as a strong, brave, and outspoken girl. And all of the sudden Jan Di here is just some watered down version of the character where she just goes against Goo Jun Pyo, but have no guts to speak her mind against his mother? For goodness sake, the woman just bribed her family with a huge amount of money and insulted her family, she goes to return it and says barely anything on her mind. There are many times where she should have showed a stronger side of her character but she did not do it!

She becomes a damsel in distress most of the time or she'd act confused at the surroundings and why stuff are happening? Oh no! Help me! She's too weak. She's not evenly matched with Goo Jun Pyo's strong character. Jan Di's character fluctuates too much.

Jan Di should speak and stand tall, sometimes I see her back hunched. Like that scene where that girl got plastic surgery and pretended to be her friend and the truth was exposed. She stood up for the girl but in that scene her back seem hunched and she just seems like she's speaking loudly or shouting (somewhere in between) instead of speaking firmly and sternly at the girls who were making fun of the girl.

She's simply weak. I just forget why the heck Goo Jun Pyo likes her because she lacks that spark.

Look if it's okay for her to be weak and helpless and you think that gives it a big twist to the story, then what makes her different from some of the other Korean drama heroines? Huh? what is different?

Now if you like to enjoy the empty fluffy series with the hot guys, be my guest. I do find Lee Min Ho attractive. Kim Hyun Joong is pretty hot too. Kim Bum is so young looking for me. But that's it. I can't enjoy anything else besides these superficial eye candies.

Man, you must've missed the first episode. F4 means the Flower Four. They're the richest four guys in the country.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 02-25-09 at 12:19 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    The Japanese version changed a lot in terms of presenting particular scenes that strengthens the bond and love between Domyoji and Makino in a different sequence. Therefore it was not page by page according to the manga. I've read the manga. However, we still get the same feelings portrayed in the manga.

I am comparing it with the manga. They claim it as Hana Yori Dango (eng trans. Boys Over Flowers) then it's bound to be compared to the manga. Otherwise, change the title and change everything.

The biggest problem I have with the Korean version is that they split up the contents of important scenes, so the details and reasons things happen as they do, don't add up and make sense. It's like having giving you a turkey and cutting out all the meat, leaving you with the bare scraps of meat that is still sticking to the bones. Then giving you the meat at a later time when it isn't as meaningful. It would have been more meaningful if they HAD NOT cut up the scene and change it. It waters down the meaningful scenes and cut them up. My point is...it's not as subtle and intense...Korean version just takes stuff here and there then inject a big dose of their own MELODRAMATIC element like most of their dramas are.

If you had a favorite book and they adapted it into a series, you would expect that they use scenes from the book and keep at least those particular scenes intact. Sure, they can take liberties on the film and sequence of the scenes and where it happens. But if they freaking cut up the scene so it seems like a puzzle and ANY piece can go ANYwhere. The significance of the scene's meaning is LOST.

There's several examples of this stupid cutting up of scenes. That is not called a clever twist or anything. It's anything but a clever twist to scenes. The significance of the scene is lost ~!

Do you understand my frustration here?

Now, I do try to enjoy it for what the drama is, but if the manga and the anime (I won't mention the other drama's versions), all portray Jan Di/Makino Tsukushi as a strong, brave, and outspoken girl. And all of the sudden Jan Di here is just some watered down version of the character where she just goes against Goo Jun Pyo, but have no guts to speak her mind against his mother? For goodness sake, the woman just bribed her family with a huge amount of money and insulted her family, she goes to return it and says barely anything on her mind. There are many times where she should have showed a stronger side of her character but she did not do it!

She becomes a damsel in distress most of the time or she'd act confused at the surroundings and why stuff are happening? Oh no! Help me! She's too weak. She's not evenly matched with Goo Jun Pyo's strong character. Jan Di's character fluctuates too much.

Jan Di should speak and stand tall, sometimes I see her back hunched. Like that scene where that girl got plastic surgery and pretended to be her friend and the truth was exposed. She stood up for the girl but in that scene her back seem hunched and she just seems like she's speaking loudly or shouting (somewhere in between) instead of speaking firmly and sternly at the girls who were making fun of the girl.

She's simply weak. I just forget why the heck Goo Jun Pyo likes her because she lacks that spark.

Look if it's okay for her to be weak and helpless and you think that gives it a big twist to the story, then what makes her different from some of the other Korean drama heroines? Huh? what is different?

Now if you like to enjoy the empty fluffy series with the hot guys, be my guest. I do find Lee Min Ho attractive. Kim Hyun Joong is pretty hot too. Kim Bum is so young looking for me. But that's it. I can't enjoy anything else besides these superficial eye candies.

Man, you must've missed the first episode. F4 means the Flower Four. They're the richest four guys in the country.
    Well, if everyone was to think the way you do, then this drama wouldn't be rated second. Alright, perhaps you might think this drama is overrated because of Jandi's character and the so called F4 as eye candies. Yes, they are eye candies, but no, that's not the reason why I like it. You're misunderstanding my point. I'm not saying that 'character wise' it's diff. from other K-dramas. I'm saying the PLOT. C'mon give Jandi a break. If she was always strong willed, then that's unrealistic. Sometimes manga doesn't go with reality. Everybody, gets to a point where they become weak.

First of all, I believe she is not a strong person when it comes to someone hurting her or having to defend for herself. Although, when it comes to her friends or families or anyone close to her that getting endangered, she'll jump in. Everyone has a different opinion about calling someone strong. To me she is but determined at trying to succeed and has a beautiful heart. The storyline itself is already unrealistic. Sure, I know that BOF isn't flawless, but it isn't bad either. If she was always strong minded than really, what's the purpose? Wow, she always achieves at being independent.

I understand that you read the manga and alright, I take it back. Compare it if you want, but don't expect too much out of it. This has been remade like what? Three times already? You've already seen different sides of the main character, or all of them. Everyone is entitle to their opinions about who they like.

And no, I don't like this series because the casts are good looking. Yes, partially it is, but not entirely. They are not superficial. If I remember correctly their character seems to be more realistic than the Jap. version.

As of for me, even if Jandi's character does fluctuate, it doesn't really change the idea of the drama. Just think of it as its own character. Yes, she is stupid, I admit, but what difference does it make? Ahh GJP likes her because she is determined, not exactly strong at all times. She is different than other girls. On top of that, she doesn't go for him or is overly obsessed with him like many girls. I mean, if you're saying strong generally, he could have fallen for the fiance. She's strong too?

Well, just my opinion, nothing against yours, but if you do not like it than fine by me. I'm only remembering vaguely about the Jap version and I've never read the book. Maybe, I should go try rewatching the Jap version and see.

Yes, I already saw that part and no I did not miss that when they said it. Although, I still don't know why call F4? Not some other names?
    Last edited by Sunlight_zero36; 02-25-09 at 05:49 PM.
    -

Default Episode 1

Finally finished up part one of my project, so now, I have some time to watch TV. Have to skip the Japanese version, there are two parts!!! aiyyyaaa. No time.

I watched episode one last night of the Korean BOF. Don't anyone flame me... I need value for my time now.
    There are just 3 things that got me with episode 1
    1) Teen suicide due to bullying at school. Absolutely not a laughing matter, yet Jan Di was like a moron at that instant. OK I told myself, it's anime nobody dies from jumping off a building.
    2) Evil bullies (F4) are the focus of the show? OK again, Tom and Jerry were cartoons that had a lot of bullying and I thought it was funny. I 'd better accept BOF's F4.
    3) And the last one, Jan Di's facial whatchamallit were supposed to make her cute, I think. Didn't work. She and her family ( Cha gyung's mum and Mu Yong's dad) and her brother ( which show?) were just buffoonish (my English teacher was a WASP) in this episode.

Others in the forum seemed to grow to like it, it might work for me. Will try to catch episode two soon.

KimBum is so darn hot. I'm pretty much drooling everytime I see him

I think this is the first time I like XiMen/Soujiro/YiJung character. When I first watch MG, I never could understood how in the world XiMen can be considered as a handasome playboy.....but with KimBum, I totally get it

Arrghh.....I need to find more drama with KimBum in it. Any suggestions?

I watched the Taiwanese Meteor Garden only for the band F4 and I didn't like it. It was silly and ridiculous. I watched the first episode of the Japanese version and didn't like it. The actors looked ridiculous. I took a leap of faith and watched the korean version and to my surprise... I LOVE IT!!!!!

I love the boys' outfits. They look so cute and sexy. At first I thought Ji Hoo was totally cute but the more I see GJP the more I am in love with him. I love his angry and sad expressions. I love it when he swallows really hard whenever he's jealous or angry or nervous around Jan Di. I think Ji Hoo did a great thing by giving up Jan Di for GJP but I think destiny brought Jan Di and GJP together with or without Ji Hoo. Jan Di might have fallen in love with Ji Hoo first but I think it was faith that Ji Hoo left for GJP and Jan Di to be together. I don't know what would happen if Ji Hoo didn't leave. I think Jan Di might be too busy to notice GJP. Nevertheless, I love Lee Min Ho for his great acting as GJP and I am going to continue watching just for him!
    My Loves...
    : LEE MIN HO
    HUANG XIAO MING
    YAN KUAN
    TAKESHI KANESHIRO
    BOYS OVER FLOWERS!
    SS501!

KimBum is so darn hot. I'm pretty much drooling everytime I see him

I think this is the first time I like XiMen/Soujiro/YiJung character. When I first watch MG, I never could understood how in the world XiMen can be considered as a handasome playboy.....but with KimBum, I totally get it

Arrghh.....I need to find more drama with KimBum in it. Any suggestions?
    I believe Kim Bum is definitely the cutest out of the four. Although, look closely, he's not the best looking guy out of the four. Perhaps, it's just my opinion. He somewhat resembles Ga Eul. Maybe, that's why they match? Pretty funny ...

Umm... he was in East of Eden for a bit only ... at the beginning that is. He was the smaller version of Lee Dong Chul.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by vivy17 View Post
    I watched the Taiwanese Meteor Garden only for the band F4 and I didn't like it. It was silly and ridiculous. I watched the first episode of the Japanese version and didn't like it. The actors looked ridiculous. I took a leap of faith and watched the korean version and to my surprise... I LOVE IT!!!!!

I love the boys' outfits. They look so cute and sexy. At first I thought Ji Hoo was totally cute but the more I see GJP the more I am in love with him. I love his angry and sad expressions. I love it when he swallows really hard whenever he's jealous or angry or nervous around Jan Di. I think Ji Hoo did a great thing by giving up Jan Di for GJP but I think destiny brought Jan Di and GJP together with or without Ji Hoo. Jan Di might have fallen in love with Ji Hoo first but I think it was faith that Ji Hoo left for GJP and Jan Di to be together. I don't know what would happen if Ji Hoo didn't leave. I think Jan Di might be too busy to notice GJP. Nevertheless, I love Lee Min Ho for his great acting as GJP and I am going to continue watching just for him!
    Yes, that's how I felt with the Jap version !

Anyways, at the beginning I thought Ji Hoo was weird looking. Now, he's adorable. I completely agree that I'm glad JH gave up on JD because IMO he'll never love her as much as JP. How do I see it? Well, he never breaks the rules. For example: when they went on the skiing trip and Kim Bum and Woo Bin stopped him, he didn't do anything. If it was GJP he wouldn't care less, and just tell them to move aside or he'll beat them up. Sometimes, you need to do that to get you somewhere (in this show's case I mean).
    Seriously, I love it when he acts jealous. Did you notice he blinks a lot as if he tries to prove himself that he's innocent. He acts tough around everyone else, yet when it comes to Jandi he becomes different.

I also love GJP!!!!
    -

i became addicted to dramas because of meteor garden, the taiwan HYD. yes the acting is terrible and all that but it was that great back then. with new versions coming out, we expect improvements.

the japanese version had better actings. i loved shun as rui!!! i've been a tsukasa fan all the way but in the japan version, it made me want rui to get the girl. he's acting is just so good!

so here comes the korean version which is in triple the pressure bec. it has now two major versions to compete with. at first i was sceptical. people might be tired of the story already, but surprisingly, the HYD magic still works! it shot the cast into instant super stars!

the korean version has it's flaws, but it's been a long time since i became this interested in a drama again. goo hye sun may not be the best jandi, but she did grow on me after a number of episodes. the best part in this version i think is goo jun pyo. this i was really surprised! lee min ho is so good!!! he's a new actor and who can say that he can act the part so well! and the curly locks is classic, looks so good on him, lol! XD

story wise, i think the pd thought the viewers already know the story which made them put so much in each episode making the viewers feel so full. it's like they rushed through the story missing out on some of the background. but since i do know the story already, the pace is ok for me, but may not be so for new viewers.

Boys Before Flowers Episodes Links
    Last edited by ahshi; 03-13-09 at 09:24 PM.

I'm addicted to this series! The Korean version draws so much emphasis on the lives of F4 and their past. I didn't get that from the Japanese version. Poor Ji Hoo, I really wished he'd get a happy ending, but I love JP and JD.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Ga-eul and Yi Jung end up together. XD

By the way, how long does it take for people to sub the episodes?! Episode 20 is airing on Monday!!
    Last edited by Sourplum; 03-13-09 at 10:26 PM.

Yes, that's how I felt with the Jap version !

Anyways, at the beginning I thought Ji Hoo was weird looking. Now, he's adorable. I completely agree that I'm glad JH gave up on JD because IMO he'll never love her as much as JP. How do I see it? Well, he never breaks the rules. For example: when they went on the skiing trip and Kim Bum and Woo Bin stopped him, he didn't do anything. If it was GJP he wouldn't care less, and just tell them to move aside or he'll beat them up. Sometimes, you need to do that to get you somewhere (in this show's case I mean).
    Seriously, I love it when he acts jealous. Did you notice he blinks a lot as if he tries to prove himself that he's innocent. He acts tough around everyone else, yet when it comes to Jandi he becomes different.

I also love GJP!!!!
    You and I are so alike! when I first saw Ji Hoo I thought, "what the heck is this? what is with the hair and the eyes and the..." but the minute F4 made their entrance and Ji Hoo walked in with a white suit glowing from the sunlight he made my heart swoon. I think Ji Hoo made a better first impression than GJP.... but of course no one can compare to my GJP because after a couple of episodes in he is like a GOD!

I completely agree with you about the fact that Ji Hoo does not love Jan Di as much as GJP. Im not denying that he loves her, but his love does not run as deep since he hasn't been through the hardships that both JD and GJP had. I think the more heartbreaking the relationship the more it affects your hearts. The more frustrated and angry JD is at GJP the more she loves him. I agree that when the guys stopped Ji Hoo from going out into the snow and he actually listen, that was when it was decided for me that he does not love her as much as GJP. GJP pratically took off his shirt in the middle of the snow to save JD. That's hardcore love man! Plus he looked really hot so BRAVO to the director!

For me, GJP gets me the most when he swallows. Whenever he gets mad he swallows really hard and you can see the anger in his eyes followed by sadness and disappointment. OMG when he broke down and cried in Macau and his secretary came to comfort him I wanted to cry too. THe poor baby looked so sad and yet so sexy!

Also, remember when they were on the island and the psychic said that one man will be her soulmate and the other will be her husband? In my opinion, I think Ji Hoo is Jan Di's soulmate and GJP is her husband. Why? Because I believe that a soulmate doesnt necessarily have to be a lover. A soulmate can be a close friend that is another part of you and can share your soul. A husband is someone you want to spend the rest of your life with and share your heart with. Even though a life with Ji Hoo might be a better one with more peace, I don't think Jan Di will be as happy as she think she will be because in a way she's in way too deep now to convince herself that she is NOT in love with GJP. I think GJP needs her and she needs him too.

I AM DYING until Ep 20 is subbed. !!! SOMEONE PLEASE HURRY AND SUB 20~~~
    My Loves...
    HUANG XIAO MING
    YAN KUAN
    TAKESHI KANESHIRO
    BOYS OVER FLOWERS!
    SS501!

Also, CONGRATS to LEE MIN HO for winning BEST NEWCOMER ACTOR for his role as GU JUN PYO and also CONGRATS to the actor who plays JI HOO for winning MOST POPULAR via online voting.

The serie has not finished fiming and yet the two main actors are already recognized!
    My Loves...
    HUANG XIAO MING
    YAN KUAN
    TAKESHI KANESHIRO
    BOYS OVER FLOWERS!
    SS501!

Quote Originally Posted by vivy17 View Post
    You and I are so alike! when I first saw Ji Hoo I thought, "what the heck is this? what is with the hair and the eyes and the..." but the minute F4 made their entrance and Ji Hoo walked in with a white suit glowing from the sunlight he made my heart swoon. I think Ji Hoo made a better first impression than GJP.... but of course no one can compare to my GJP because after a couple of episodes in he is like a GOD!

I completely agree with you about the fact that Ji Hoo does not love Jan Di as much as GJP. Im not denying that he loves her, but his love does not run as deep since he hasn't been through the hardships that both JD and GJP had. I think the more heartbreaking the relationship the more it affects your hearts. The more frustrated and angry JD is at GJP the more she loves him. I agree that when the guys stopped Ji Hoo from going out into the snow and he actually listen, that was when it was decided for me that he does not love her as much as GJP. GJP pratically took off his shirt in the middle of the snow to save JD. That's hardcore love man! Plus he looked really hot so BRAVO to the director!

For me, GJP gets me the most when he swallows. Whenever he gets mad he swallows really hard and you can see the anger in his eyes followed by sadness and disappointment. OMG when he broke down and cried in Macau and his secretary came to comfort him I wanted to cry too. THe poor baby looked so sad and yet so sexy!

Also, remember when they were on the island and the psychic said that one man will be her soulmate and the other will be her husband? In my opinion, I think Ji Hoo is Jan Di's soulmate and GJP is her husband. Why? Because I believe that a soulmate doesnt necessarily have to be a lover. A soulmate can be a close friend that is another part of you and can share your soul. A husband is someone you want to spend the rest of your life with and share your heart with. Even though a life with Ji Hoo might be a better one with more peace, I don't think Jan Di will be as happy as she think she will be because in a way she's in way too deep now to convince herself that she is NOT in love with GJP. I think GJP needs her and she needs him too.

I AM DYING until Ep 20 is subbed. !!! SOMEONE PLEASE HURRY AND SUB 20~~~
    It still took me a long while to get used to Ji Hoo. I'm sure it was the awkward hair (what made me laugh at first was the fact that his hair was nearly as long as Jandi .. I know I'm mean ). His eyes looked scary too. No offence or anything, but at first, he looked fake and exhausted all the time. Now, with his new haircut I actually forgot how he looked like in the first couple of episodes. Wow, haircuts can really change how a person looks. At the beginning, I thought Kim Bum was the best looking guy out of the four. Like I stated before, it was probably due to their hair cuts, that only Woo Bin and Yi Jung's look normal. After, episode 4 I knew right away Min Ho was the best looking guy !

Yes, Ji Hoo doesn't love her as much as GJP. IMO, if Seo Hyun was to come back. He'd still be having some little thoughts about her. Another thing I like to point out is that whenever JD and JH are together, they act a little awkward around each other. Like I don't know about JH, but JD doesn't act like herself. With GJP she does all these stupid things, which is funny and adorable at the same time. It feels like she always has to act in a certain way when she's with JH. They're too serious which causes tension/barrier between them. JH WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO REPLACE JP. That's a 101%. Yuppers, GJP is a wild man. He'll do ANYTHING for Jandi. While, JH will stand behind and do it secretly. Seriously, will she ever know that JH likes her? Or even loves her? I doubt it. Up until now... I mean so far she it looks like she thinks he's over her. What a weird girl .

Anything GJP does catches my attention! The way he denies that he likes her is hilarious. Truthfully, I think the only reason why I'm so into this right now is because of his character. He does it so smoothly. Oh yes, another thing I'd like to add is that IMO we can actually find a person who's close enough to JH, but GJP is like far beyond here. Why? Well, JH is a gentleman ... kind of the ordinary fairy tale you know? GJP is just almost impossible. A person who changes from being a bad a** to a good guy? C'mon what are the chances. On top of that, he's so darn good looking, tall and rich. Wow, that'd be the whole package .

I never thought of it like that ... hmm... you are right. I always thought a soulmate is like the person you love.

I know! I can't wait till episode 20, but I have so many tests and stuffs haha. It's going to be out tomorrow subbed , though.
    -