Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Hana Yori Dango - Boys Before Flowers (Korean Version)

i read from af from n soompi too. soompi has more than af but honestly i don't feel comfortable with the comments there. They like to bashing/critize JH, JH&JD shipper and even KHJ so i stopped before i have this 'illfeel' to the drama and LMH too.

What can we say, LMH (who play JP) is an actor while KHJ is a singer with 4D personality And admitted in the couple early eps his acting was bad but if u follow 'till the end of the series, you will find his acting skill improved a lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Here's the manga info on Rui: http://niko-niko.net/hana/rui.html

The Korean version just wanted his character to have a sad past and garner more sympathy from the girls. He wasn't an orphan and he certainly did not have a grandfather appearing in the manga either.

Here's the manga info for Domyoji: http://niko-niko.net/hana/doumyouji.html (I think it's worth reading to understand his character in a different light, so don't let your bias get in the way).

Anyway I still see it as Beauty and the Beast type of relationship.
    Suet Seung, thank you for the links to the character info. So Rui has a dad instead of a grandather. I'm assuming he was an only child since there wasn't any other info on his family. I vaguely remember Beauty and the Beast but I agree with you about the resemblance. I didn't think about it before but after reading the character info on Domyoji, he does kind of remind of the beast, especially the section that mentions about him being lonely and covering up his feelings with anger and how Tsukushi is able to influence him to change.

Quote Originally Posted by tanteun
    What can we say, LMH (who play JP) is an actor while KHJ is a singer with 4D personality And admitted in the couple early eps his acting was bad but if u follow 'till the end of the series, you will find his acting skill improved a lots.
    True that KHJ isn't the best actor but I do agree that he improved a lot as the drama progressed and, from what I read from a few news articles a while back, it seemed like he really worked hard at improving too.

I've seen parts of WGM and a few of KHJ interviews and he cracks me up. He says some of the weirdest things which makes me laugh so hard. I can see why they refer to him as having a "4D personality." His personality is cute though. Glad that he got more screentime in the drama since I liked watching his scenes the most. And most of his scenes with GHS was so sweet. I was glad that they expanded Rui's character too, he is my favorite HYD character after all.

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng
    However, I (and a few others) think that had the director/story writers said "Let's have Jan Di fall for Ji Hoo again at the end, and let JP and his fiancee be happy together", that that would have been a beautiful thing to happen. The actress would have portrayed that as the truth, of how JD slowly discovers that she loves JH afterall and it would have been a splendid finish to a very nicely developed relationship betwen JD and JH! (And I thought JP's fiancee was quite cool too, so I wouldn't have felt too awful for JP! )
    I was hoping for that kind of ending too, I was so sad that it didn't happen. I actually thought JK matched more with JP than JD did. It would have been a refreshing twist to the story as well. But I guess a lot of HYD fans would be very upset if the ending didn't follow the manga's ending.

JonDoe, thanks for the trivia tidbit, it was an interesting read. Glad to hear that Yoko thought that the cast matched her characters. I agree with her too. I didn't really like the castings for the previous two versions so I never watched them. I still don't get the "big sister/aunt" controversy. The "aunt" one is kind of weird to me, GHS doesn't look that old.

Quote Originally Posted by botan View Post
    True that KHJ isn't the best actor but I do agree that he improved a lot as the drama progressed and, from what I read from a few news articles a while back, it seemed like he really worked hard at improving too.

I've seen parts of WGM and a few of KHJ interviews and he cracks me up. He says some of the weirdest things which makes me laugh so hard. I can see why they refer to him as having a "4D personality." His personality is cute though. Glad that he got more screentime in the drama since I liked watching his scenes the most. And most of his scenes with GHS was so sweet. I was glad that they expanded Rui's character too, he is my favorite HYD character after all.
    Agree with you both- KHJ improves throughout the serial, though I still think LMH is the better actor, but I'm definitely hoping KHJ does another TB series so we can see more of his development as an actor. Not to mention, yeah, from WGM, I think KHJ as a personality endearing!

Expanding Rui's character I think is the number 2 fabulous thing they did with this version. Number 1 is probably their central idea of "finding the most attractive people they can to play F4" Good marketing ploy to the female populace- and does it ever work!

Okay, after reading over a half of the AF postings (the latter half) I feel vaguely vindicated.

People noticed Ji Hoo, and though he was probably still less popular than JP, I'm glad that there's some recognition of the attractiveness of the character. And if I ever get a chance I'm going to give Francesca a big hug for being such a loyal team Ji Hoo poster!

Entirely hit the nail on the head for me, I realized s/he has posted lots about how I feel weeks before I even watched the serial, so I'm now happy not saying too much more.

I agree with you yanfeng that LMH is the better actor but I still like KHJ more though. Not that I dislike LMH as an actor or anything. Same here, I hope to see KHJ in another drama too. I'm glad to hear that there are others who feel the same about JH.

Cool Boys Over Flowers (꽃보다 남자) 2009

Boys Over Flowers/ 꽃보다 남자/ Hana Dori Yango
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt257/moonfragrance/BOF/1233793982_BoysOverFlowers.jpg')

So. The cast?
    Lee Min Ho as Goo Joon Pyo/ Goo Jun Pyo
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt257/moonfragrance/icons/29n8hkz.png')
    The leader of F4 and heir to the global business enterprise of Shinhwa Group. His trademark is his curly hair. He is used to doing whatever he wants whenever he wants and often offends others with his aggressively direct personality. However, under his tough exterior Joon Pyo is a pure-hearted young boy. Gu Joon Pyo was raised by the employees of his parents’ company, since his parents didn’t have time for him, so, naturally, he is attracted by the warmth of Jan-di’s normal family. Although he dismisses Jan-di at first because she is not rich, he ends up falling head over heels for her charming bright personality.

Kim Hyun Joong (of SS501) as Yun Ji Hu
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt257/moonfragrance/icons/fbcg2c.png')
    Yun Ji-hu is the most handsome member of F4 and the grandson of a former Korean president. When he was five years old, he was the sole survivor of a car accident that killed both his parents, and as a result he became withdrawn and anti-social. However when he meets his first love, Seo-hyeon, she helps him get over his difficulties. After meeting Jan-di on the staircase, Yun Ji-hu also becomes her knight in shining armor and helps her out whenever she needs it. This character likes to be alone and has a bit of a strange personality. Yun Ji-hu has a great love and talent for music, and is set to become the leader of the Suam Cultural Foundation, Suam Art Center, and Suam Orchestra.

Kim Bum as So Yi Jeong
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt257/moonfragrance/icons/kimbum1.png')
    Yi Jeong’s father is Korea’s most famous Master of Arts. When Yi Jeong’s older brother leaves the family, Yi Jeong suddenly becomes the heir to Korea’s largest private museum, Woo Song. He is popular with girls due to his gentle manners and clean-shaven appearance. After being hurt by his first love he turns into a bit of a playboy, but then he starts to show an interest for Jan-di’s friend Ga-eul. Cold and uncompromising at first, Yi Jeong is in fact a warm character at heart.

Kim Jun (T-Max) as Song Wu Bin
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt257/moonfragrance/icons/s3q9g1.png')
    For many generations, Song Wu-bin’s family has been the leaders of the criminal organization, Ilsim, and he is the heir to Ilsim Construction. Ilsim has extensive networks and a great ability in manipulating cash flows, which even the Shinhwa Group cannot ignore. Whenever his fellow F4 members are in trouble, Song Wu-bin makes a call to his large network of connections so that the problem is quickly taken care of. Song Wu-bin has an innate sense of finances and is also a great fighter. Even though he is still young, Song Wu-bin already displays a charisma well fitting for a boss of the underworld.

Gu Hye Sun as Geum Jandi
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt257/moonfragrance/icons/5dv0w3_th.gif')
    Geum Jan-di is a normal schoolgirl whose family manages a small dry cleaning business. One day she is selected to join the prestigious Shinhwa High School, where she joins the swim team. Unable to stand the nagging of her parents, Jan-di decides to attend Shinhwa High School, but when she starts she is tagged with the F4’s red card and has to endure teasing and bullying from them and the other students. However, displaying her strong, bright personality, Jan-di stands up to F4 and the entire student group. At first she begins to fall for F4’s Yun Ji-hu, but then the leader of F4 and heir to the Shinhwa business conglomerate, Gu Jun-pyo, openly professes his love for her in front of the school, and she becomes the envy of all the girls. Geum Jan-di is an optimistic and honorable girl who is never dazzled by financial wealth or social status. Even after she joins Shinwa High School she remains true to her ideals.

I'm actually surprised I don't see a thread floating around for this drama. Or have my searching skills failed me?

Quote Originally Posted by Qin_Shu_Bao View Post
    I'm actually surprised I don't see a thread floating around for this drama. Or have my searching skills failed me?
    Yes it has. http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=23270

Default BOYS OVER FLOWER (KOREAN VERSION)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv293/valdezdiane/baoysoverflowers2.jpg')

I'm not sure if there's any thread on this drama because I didn't find any. So, here's the latest korean drama which is 'BOYS BEFORE FLOWER'.

This drama won the best 2009 drama series. The story line is quite the same with 'HANA YORI DANGO' or 'BOYS OVER FLOWER' in english.
    I've watched it 3 times and it surely the best drama ever made!!
    Love it!!

Cast :

Goo Joon Pyo ( Lee Min Ho)
    So Yi Jung (Kim Bum)
    Geum Jan Di (Goo Hye Sun)
    Yoon Ji Hoo (Kim Hyun Joong)
    Song Woo Bin (Kim Joon)

Synopsis
    Jan Di is an average girl whose family owns a dry cleaning store located near the luxurious and well known Shin Hwa College. Jan Di meets the four richest and most spoiled boys known as the F4. After saving a boy from jumping off the roof of Shinhwa High School, she is admitted into the school on a swimming scholarship. Jan Di tries to avoid confrontation with the F4 at all cost because she knows what happens to those that stand against them. However, when Jan Di’s friend, Oh Min Ji, accidentally gets ice cream on the leader of the F4’s shoes, she’s forced to declare war on the leader of the F4, Goo Joon Pyo.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt171/lovelycleo/Boys_over_Flowers.jpg')

F4

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo168/patterz_bucket/bof.jpg')

So, anyone here has ever watch it??
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://media.photobucket.com/image/boys%20over%20flowers/rusgie/boysoverflowers.jpg?o=2')
    Last edited by eislay; 12-16-09 at 06:43 AM.

I thought it was all about hana yori dango...i guess i was wrong.

But it's not wrong to have another thread.....or is it??
    I'm sorry..

Quote Originally Posted by eislay View Post
    I thought it was all about hana yori dango...i guess i was wrong.

But it's not wrong to have another thread.....or is it??
    I'm sorry..
    The original thread did put (Korean Version) in parenthesis, how could you not notice or even read what was written in there to know it is for the Korean version?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.mytv21.kr/imgdata/mytv21_kr/201001/2010010202571249.jpg')
    A little bonus for BOF fans.

Koo Hye Sun appeared in an year-end acting award in school uniform fashion, shocking everyone.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo-media.daum-img.net/201002/09/osen/20100209094703557.jpg')

Director Koo Hye Sun's busy shooting her second film.