Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hana Yori Dango - Boys Before Flowers (Korean Version)

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    he's fine and sexy..i think he'll be perfect.

he's good at acting cold and mean in the outside but really is sweet inside..Perfect Dao Ming Si or Doumyouji Tsukasa

totally agreed. i haven't seen any of his series, but did see some previews, and most importantly, he's freaking hot, so i think he's perfect for the role. but again, if there are other actors on the list then i have to take another look.
    Currently watching:

• We got married
    • Moonlight Resonance
    • and many more...

"LEARN FROM YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY, HOPE FOR TOMORROW."

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    There's an online pool to choose the casts of this drama.

The frontrunners are:

Jo In Jung as Dao Ming Si or Doumyouji Tsukasa
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wiki.d-addicts.com/static/images/thumb/2/2f/200px-Jo_In_Sung.PNG')

Im Joo Hwan as Hua Ze Lei or Hanazawa Rui
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wiki.d-addicts.com/static/images/thumb/1/10/200px-Im_Ju_Hwan.jpg')

Yoon Eun Hye as Shan Cai or Makino Tsukushi
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2255/1981323775_e1dd25a54f.jpg?v=0')

I don't know if I wanna watch this remake coz first, I don't like the casts (except Yoon Eun Hye), and secondly, it's hard to follow the success of Hana Yori Dango and Meteor Garden. The expectation will be very high.

I agree with the choice for Shan Cai but I suppose I would like the guy who played Shin Goon to play Dao Ming Si, Jo In Sung is a bit too old I think... As for Hua Tse Lei, I hope they get Hyun Bin or the lead guy in My Girl to do it....

My own picks for the cast would be....

Lee Wan as Doumyoji Tsukasa

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/pdt_85/leewan.jpg')

Joo Ji Hoon OR Kim Jeong Hoon as Hanazawa Rui

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/pdt_85/joo_ji_hoon.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/pdt_85/kim_l.jpg')

Lee Jun Ki as Nishikado Soujiro... Somehow his face immediately popped up when I heard of a Korean remake of HYD... I feel he is really suited for this caring playboy role

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/pdt_85/lee-jun-ki.jpg')
    Last edited by pdt_85; 04-19-08 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anggemb View Post
    I agree with the choice for Shan Cai but I suppose I would like the guy who played Shin Goon to play Dao Ming Si, Jo In Sung is a bit too old I think... As for Hua Tse Lei, I hope they get Hyun Bin or the lead guy in My Girl to do it....
    i agree with your choice for the guy.... BUT not with the girl, san chai right??
    she look fit with the role san chai.. but i prefer more prettier... like other girls besides/except her.... (doesn't like her except for her playing in princess hour).

Quote Originally Posted by forU4nd1 View Post
    i agree with your choice for the guy.... BUT not with the girl, san chai right??
    she look fit with the role san chai.. but i prefer more prettier... like other girls besides/except her.... (doesn't like her except for her playing in princess hour).
    Well, I guess I still have a hangover from watching Princess Hours and Coffee Prince. I suppose the girl who played the lead in Let's Go to the Beach will do as well. She's good at drama and is really cute...

Quote Originally Posted by anggemb View Post
    Well, I guess I still have a hangover from watching Princess Hours and Coffee Prince. I suppose the girl who played the lead in Let's Go to the Beach will do as well. She's good at drama and is really cute...
    Lee Chung Ah, yeah that ok with me.. besides, there no way the characters would changes.

Jo In Jung as Dao Ming Si?? man....i love it....i love the way he played the rich spoiler kid in "memories of bali" .....he can play as DMS perfectly....

I disagree with your choice of Lee Wan as Domyoji, Lee Wan still has that baby fat or cutie look. You'll have a hard time convincing me he's a wealthy young master.

As for Makino Tsukushi, I would like to see Seo Ji Hye in the role...I mean if there really HAS TO BE a Korean version of the story: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Seo_Ji_Hye
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    As for Makino Tsukushi, I would like to see Seo Ji Hye in the role...I mean if there really HAS TO BE a Korean version of the story: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Seo_Ji_Hye
    i definitely agree with this.. Look pretty..

Quote Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
    Why is Jo In Jung even considered? He's old and his look leaves a lot to be desired. The word handsome is not even something to describe him.
    I think Jo In Jung is OK... Especialy in Koran Movie "The Classic"
    And I loved to watch this series, i think it will be more intersting than Taiwanese's Meteor Garden (Boys Over Flower) because the Korean actor and actress that been chosen had more experience in acting compare to the taiwanese actor.

I like the storyline (Boys over Flower) so it will be fun to watch how every country express this story.
    Please keep update about this
    Thanks....

I can't believe it's been so long and no one has touched this thread. I am really excited about the upcoming HYD even though the trailers are a bit disappointing. But I am still very eager to see this show. According to Wiki this show is premiering on Jan 5, that's a little over a week away.

I feel like the girl who is playing Makino is overacting a bit, and maybe even trying to imitate a bit of Inoue Mao's Makino's way of expressing herself. Doumyoji is cute enough, although I find the guy playing Rui cuter. He smiles awful lot for Rui though.

I'm a huge fan of HYD, so I am definitely watching.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/garrett850/BoysOverFlowers.jpg')

LOL - all those actor/actress prediction - WRONG

# Title: Kgotboda Namja
    # Originally from a manga: Hana Yori Dango - literally means Boys Before Flowers / Boys Over Flowers
    # Genre: Romance, comedy
    # Episodes: 24
    # Broadcast network: KBS2
    # Broadcast period: 2009-Jan-05 to 2009-Mar-??
    # Air time: Monday & Tuesday 21:55

Cast:

* Koo Hye Sun as Geum Jan Di

F4:

* Lee Min Ho as Goo Joon Pyo
    * Kim Hyun Joong as Yoon Ji Hoo
    * Kim Bum as So Yi Jung
    * Kim Joon as Song Woo Bin

get it at aja-aja for the 700MB download and the 720p (HD - 1GB plus) - those aigoo ladies at that site is great - love them for their hardwork , subs going to be done by WithS2.

for the poor - who can't afford a premium megaupload account or to download big 700MB file at ClubBox (CB), LOL - just go to mysoju/vikii or something - and watch it streaming, which is just crap, small screen etc.
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 12-29-08 at 02:31 AM.

i'll watch this for only two reasons:

1) to compare and contrast from taiwan and japan's version and verify that either kdrama is the best drama of all or taiwans meteor garden is unbeatable
    2) kim bum!!! (i love him in EoE)

2 episodes already broadcasted in Korea

Doumyouji Tsukasa
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.kbs.co.kr/drama/drama_photo/151/003/151003022_L.jpg')

Hanazawa Rui
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.kbs.co.kr/drama/drama_photo/151/003/151003023_L.jpg')

Makino Tsukushi
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.kbs.co.kr/drama/drama_photo/151/001/151001006_L.jpg')
    'One of these days is none of these days'
    ........................................Amicus usque ad aras

I've seen the first two eps, it's really good! I think that as a whole this is the best looking F4. Doumyogi is probably the best to date. The girl is kind of crazy, but she grows on you. Definitely not a bad adaptation.

I am eagerly awaiting or next weeks episodes.

Best new F4 here http://vimeo.com/1596501

Talking

damnn! i thought this re-make is going to be same and boring! but NO!

the only 2 reasons why i planned to watch this version was to compare it to the other ones and see which one i'd like the best and if the korean version would be done better than the awesome taiwan version. my answer for this is that i am hooked to this version as much as i was to the taiwan version. this version might even be the best one i've seen so far! 10x better than the japanese version because that one was incomparable to meteor garden cuz it was bad.. i am impressed.

the second reason why im watching this is for Kim Bum!! and let me tell you guys, i am not disappointed! he is amazing to watch! but what caught me more off-guard was the main lead! the pics of him posted are crappy... but watching the real thing is sexyyy! not the best but definitely not a bad cast (sooo much better than the japanese cast). i am hooooked to this series besides EoE! love it!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeey View Post
    damnn! i thought this re-make is going to be same and boring! but NO!

the only 2 reasons why i planned to watch this version was to compare it to the other ones and see which one i'd like the best and if the korean version would be done better than the awesome taiwan version. my answer for this is that i am hooked to this version as much as i was to the taiwan version. this version might even be the best one i've seen so far! 10x better than the japanese version because that one was incomparable to meteor garden cuz it was bad.. i am impressed.

the second reason why im watching this is for Kim Bum!! and let me tell you guys, i am not disappointed! he is amazing to watch! but what caught me more off-guard was the main lead! the pics of him posted are crappy... but watching the real thing is sexyyy! not the best but definitely not a bad cast (sooo much better than the japanese cast). i am hooooked to this series besides EoE! love it!
    Have you finished watching this? I found Korean dramas to really draggy in the middle if there were more than 16 episodes... (except for Dae Jung Geum ).

no i didnt finish watching it yet because it is still airing in korea. i've got into about 4 episodes so far but it's not bad at all! some parts are hilarious that causes you to bust out laughing. if you have spare time, this series is pretty good! better than what i have expected it to be.

sarang kim bum! <3

Totally agree most Korean dramas lose steam in the middle, I have a lot of Korean dramas I love yet never finished, some of them are even my favorites like Full House, MNKSS, and Fantasy Couple. I did finish Dae Jang Geum and loved it though, funny considering how long it was. This show is still airing so it may or may not lose my interest, it is very entertaining though. If you have seen Hana Yori Dango or Meteor Garden though, the story is the same.

What am I saying it's HYD! I need to finish it...

Okay my take on the drama so far:

I don't like this new portrayal of Sakurako/ Oh Min Ji, she feels to weak and odd to me, but I think it's the direction instead of the actress that's bad. The actress seems ok. I actually liked the one in the Japanese one, although her acting was a little over the top and she was kind of crazy-and I also loved her white coat. I'm starting to like Makino/Jan Di a lot, I think her portrayal may be better than Mao's and I really liked Mao's Makino. I think the Jan Di's a better actress- just wish there wasn't so much exaggerations, I do sort of like how barbaric she looks eating. Mao's Makino is cuter though, but Jan Di is more accurate. Definitely best Tsukasa/Goo Jun Pyu, and for once he's not really an idiot, I feel like he's actually pretty smart. Rui/Ji Hoo is def cute, esp when he smiles... but isn't that great of an actor. It's going to be hard for them to beat Shigeru from the Japanese one though, she was great and more likeable than in the manga even IMO. Soujiro and Akira are good, I like how they are amused and laughing when Tsukasa gets hit or challenged instead of shocked, gives them more character. I wish Akira wouldn't break out into his wanna be gangster English though....

I can't wait to see Jun Pyu go save Jan Di, always a fav scene of mine. And the return of Ji Hoo, oh the drama, I love it! The pacing on this drama is really fast, I wonder if they are trying to get the whole manga in, cause the Japanese one was fast paced (but I think that was because they didn't know if they would have a second season, so they crammed) but I think this one is surpassing it by a bit and it's slated for 24 eps. Shizuka is gone already and I feel like the Sakurako arc will end on the beginning of the next eps which is 5- the arc hardly began, and now it's ending.