Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How have splices of wuxia been incorporated into your life?

Remeber during the Hero Conference in ROCH, Huo Du was calling YG a "Little Bastard". And Yang Guo was like "Little Bastard is calling whom?" well I keep on using taht now, but only when my friend call me PK and HGL and stuff lol. And when I do Tai Chi, I just keep on imaging that I am Z3F or ZWJ or that for some reason lol I can shoot some kind of crap out of my hand.

Sometimes when I'm feeling down, I use Ah Fei's story as a source of inspiration because he was able to rise back up after being knocked down so hard.

I run in strange patterns hoping one day I'll discover the ancient technique of LIGHTNESS KUNG FU!
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Hmm...Many times, I wish I knew the acupoint that would mute a person, so they can stop yapping their mouth off and my ears would rest easy not hearing them speak for a while until I undo it.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Hmm...Many times, I wish I knew the acupoint that would mute a person, so they can stop yapping their mouth off and my ears would rest easy not hearing them speak for a while until I undo it.
    We have a way to do that, Snowflake; it's called BANNING.

hmmm. i fight my brother using wu xia. i drink water out of a bowl thinking its wine. I chug water and have it kinda dribble down my shirt like those "manly" wuxia character does. play the whole acupuncture game with my sibs. picked up some chinese sayings from the shows (yes i use them). just discuss wuxia with my friend 24/7. i also try channeling chi into my modem to help it recover connection. it works sometimes...

You know, I've lived 20+ years, and my family has been calling me by my little nickname all this time, and I'd known about ROCH almost all my life.

And yet, today, right now, is the first time that I realize: I have the same little nickname as

click to show/hide spoilers
    Yang Guo
    !

Indeed, my little nickname is:

click to show/hide spoilers
    Guo'er

!!

How could I not have caught it earlier? I don't know.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    You know, I've lived 20+ years, and my family has been calling me by my little nickname all this time, and I'd known about ROCH almost all my life.
    And yet, today, right now, is the first time that I realize: I have the same little nickname as ...
    How could I not have caught it earlier? I don't know.
    This is so cute!
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

When I was like 6, I almost jumped off a building because I thought I could fly.

I'm glad I held off.
    This one's gotta take the cake. I'm also glad you held off too or we would not have rediscovered the awesome Sword God.

Quote Originally Posted by MangoBoy View Post
    Remeber during the Hero Conference in ROCH, Huo Du was calling YG a "Little Bastard". And Yang Guo was like "Little Bastard is calling whom?" well I keep on using taht now, but only when my friend call me PK and HGL and stuff lol. And when I do Tai Chi, I just keep on imaging that I am Z3F or ZWJ or that for some reason lol I can shoot some kind of crap out of my hand.
    Haha, I did that too during Tai Chi until my instructor came over and knocked me on my head asking me what I'm doing because apparently my breathing became inconsistent.

When I was little I thought about how cool it was to see all those ladies throwing long strips of cloth out of their sleeves to fight their enemies. So one time I took some Christmas bells, tied it to one of my mom's pieces of cloth, and tried shooting it out of my sleeves while battling with a neighbor friend. It obviously didn't work too well, so I got pissed off, pulled the cloth out manually, came over to my younger friend and wrapped him up like a mummy. His mom was definitely not too happy when she found him in that state on the couch, where I threw him before wandering off to "cultivate my internal energy."

Well...

My maternal grandfather's name was Chow Bak Him (*almost* Chow Bak Tung, and he *was* quite a mischievous old man).

My mother has seven brothers and sisters, all with fairly strange temperaments. She calls them the "Chow's Family 7 Freaks."

But weirdly enough, among those "freaks," her younger brother is the strangest. He doesn't like to hang out with other people...looks down on them and thinks they're all mediocrities. Thus, he's called "Old Heretic Chow" as well.

Banned

OK, a lot of us are wuxia nerds.
    So how has wuxia crawled into your daily life?

Well for me, I have become accustomed to some simple dialogue in wuxia. Nothing fancy, but here is an example.

ROCH chapter 36, 黄蓉问郭靖道:“你说这人是何家数?”

Huang Rong asked the question by saying "Ni shuo blah blah....." So now that's how I start most of my questions, with "Ni shuo....."

For example, I might ask the question 这是为什么?
    Only now, I would say 你说这是为什么?

huh? ni shuo is not a wuxia word, everyone uses it in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by the.raven View Post
    huh? ni shuo is not a wuxia word, everyone uses it in real life.
    It's just a wuxia influence to me.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」