Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: Random observation about this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    You know what? It seems as if the activity level in SPCNet dropped greatly when I got back. The TVB section was blossoming with posts when I first joined. I hope more people would join and contribute.
    Well, TVB is getting crappier all the time,
    so the reduction in postage is expected.
    Mainland China is getting a lot more activities.
    Actress forum is also very lively.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    To me the low point was not when there was low post counts. It was when we got spammed by nubs with "Ninja Turtle vs Ultraman vs Duan Yu" type posts.
    It was funny when we first did it 'cause it was kinda a dig at how ridiculously powerful the Sweeper Monk seemed to be. The lulz got killed pretty quickly though once the whole forum degenerated into fantasy scenarios that would be too silly even for Marvel's "What If" comics.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Well, TVB is getting crappier all the time,
    so the reduction in postage is expected.
    Mainland China is getting a lot more activities.
    Actress forum is also very lively.
    80% of the actresss forum posts don't count . . . . just pictures and spam

How many new Wuxia books have been published that's somewhere near as well known/in depth/generally good as the popular JY/GL ones that's mostly discussed here?

You're bound to run out of things to talk about when a lot of people haven't even read 1/4 or JYs books or 1/80 of GLs books.
    秋风清,秋风明;落叶聚还散,寒鸦栖复惊。相思相见知何日,此时此夜难为情

Without TVB and all the other adaptations this place would be even quieter. Most people who can read the books post on Chinese boards.

Quote Originally Posted by shenlong View Post
    How many new Wuxia books have been published that's somewhere near as well known/in depth/generally good as the popular JY/GL ones that's mostly discussed here?
    I heard that the 4 Constables series by Wen Rui'an are good. Huang Yi novels are also said to be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    I heard that the 4 Constables series by Wen Rui'an are good. Huang Yi novels are also said to be pretty good.
    unfortunately...the good ones are too long x_x. i don't remember which story it was, but one of huang yi's books ran up to volume 20+. naturally, it discouraged me from reading

Observation du jour:

Seemingly, about 70% of ALL the recent topics (over last 3 pages or so) are started by 3 contributors: Ken Cheng, Bogeyman, and myself.

With this in mind, one wonders if these 3 people suddenly disappeared, would SPCNET wuxia forum get a 70% cut in new posts?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Observation du jour:

Seemingly, about 70% of ALL the recent topics (over last 3 pages or so) are started by 3 contributors: Ken Cheng, Bogeyman, and myself.

With this in mind, one wonders if these 3 people suddenly disappeared, would SPCNET wuxia forum get a 70% cut in new posts?
    It's like: what if you took Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and James Worthy off the 1980s Lakers (or Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, and Lamar Odom off of this year's Lakers)?

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi View Post
    Quality posts seem to have decreased greatly from 1 to 2 yrs ago. I see lots of not particularly well written or well thought out arguments. The veterans don't seem to care anymore and the nubs are mostly fanboys/fangirls that are better suited for discussions of their favorite TVB adaptations. What happened to the premier english Wuxia forum?
    Lol, that's cause i never post here anymore and that's cause ppl that i like to argue about is dissapearing eg. Triste, Lav, TigerWong, Moin, Athena.
    but PJ, CC etc making up for it.

I'm sure there's many others who will post great topics - the recent thread about DG9J/LHC that PJ just spews tons of stuff is not too bad imho.

I'm sure that there will be more ppl posting in the future as there are more translations being done- there's a lag time between reading good translation, digesting it, and coming up with good theories, questions.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control