Thread: Is there 2 Fiona Leung in Hong Kong?

Default Is there 2 Fiona Leung in Hong Kong?

Hi here, I was wondering is there 2 Fiona Leung in Hong Kong?

The one that I know is Fiona Leung, who is a famous 80's and 90's TVB actress. All wuxia fans in here already know her for her role in State of Divinity 1996 TVB with Jackie Lui, clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwD2t0FpaM4
    Fiona Leung (actress) who I know born in 1965 which make her 43 this year, she already retired from TVB in 1998 after her contract is over.

Then I also know a Fiona Leung (who happen to be in the same name and last name with the Fiona Leung above). But this Fiona Leung is a Miss Hong Kong 1998 contestant #7. You can see her photo as #7 contestant in this site: http://www.misshongkongpageant.com/c...nts/mhk98b.htm

Obviously they don't look alike. I also know that the Fiona Leung (Ms Hong Kong #7) also acts. So is there two of them with the same name? Can't be the same one because the actress in 80's and 90's Fiona Leung by 1998 she already 33 year olds and that is too old to participate in Ms Hong Kong.

Discussion anyone?

Not much to discuss. Similar English names are possible, and the surname Leung is common. But there is only one famous Fiona Leung Ngai Ling 梁藝齡 (formerly known as Leung Pui Ling).
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

That what I'm curious about.
    The Ms Hong Kong 1998 contestant #7 name is Fiona Leung Pui Ling.
    Which is the same exact name as Fiona Leung Ngai Ling (former know as Leung Pui Ling).
    Do you know why the Fiona Leung (actress in 80's and 90's) have her name as Leung Pui Ling but then change to Leung Ngai Ling.

Leung last name is common but I don't think it that common, it is Not one of the big Five common last names in Hong Kong.

BTW, any news on the Fiona Leung Ngai Ling actress lately? In December 1996 she suffered a servered car accident and went under many surgeries, ever since haven't heard much about her.

Quote Originally Posted by clfan View Post
    That what I'm curious about.
    The Ms Hong Kong 1998 contestant #7 name is Fiona Leung Pui Ling.
    What are you talking about?

Fiona Leung Ngai Ling's real name Leung Pui Ling are written with these characters: 梁珮玲 and the changed name Ngai Ling are these characters: 梁藝齡. See the difference of characters compared to that contestant number 7?
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 03-04-08 at 04:21 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Never mind, I found the answer to my question above. Fiona Leung Ngai Ling is her acting name, her birth name is Leung Pui Ling.

Sorry, was not able to see the characters. This computer of mine is old and I didn't instal Chinese language package in, Lolz!!!!!!! I just came across when I read from the sites and they both say Leung Pui Ling, so I thought they have the same exact name.

BTW, I saw your signature of the YouTube clips. I wonder why it is so clear, the version that the person upload it to YouTube. Since I know this series is not out on VCD or DVD, and the quality of it on YouTube are supper clear. At first I was all excited that I thought that TVB let it out on DVD, Lolz!!!!!!

Ahh, I see my mistake.
    The Ms Hong Kong contestant #7 is Fiona Leung Pui Ying,
    while the actress name is Fiona Leung Pui Ling.

Now, that totally different. See it now, make sense now.

is the #7 contestant the one who acted in 'Happily Ever After' which starred Bobby Auyeung and Marianne Chan? I recall there was an actress Fiona Leung in that series too
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

Quote Originally Posted by XWingSuki View Post
    is the #7 contestant the one who acted in 'Happily Ever After' which starred Bobby Auyeung and Marianne Chan? I recall there was an actress Fiona Leung in that series too
    Fiona Leung Ngai Ling did, that contestant did not.