Thread: Martial arts level of Mulinzi

Default Martial arts level of Mulinzi

ELOC time.

According to HSDS, Kongdong Sect grandmaster Mulinzi was a master of the Seven Maim Fist:

宗维侠强道:“七伤拳是我崆峒绝技,怎能说有害无益?当年我掌门师祖木灵子以七伤拳威震天下,名扬四海,寿 至九十一岁,怎么说会伤害自身?你这不是胡说八道么?”张无忌道:“木灵子前辈想必内功深湛,自然能练,不 但无害,反而强壮脏腑。依晚辈之见,宗前辈的内功如不到那个境界,若要强练,只怕终归无用。”

Furthermore, according to Xie Xun, he used Reverend Kongjian and Zhang Sanfeng as examples of people who could possibly master Seven Maim Fist:

谢逊又道:“倘若我内力真的浑厚坚实,到了空见大师、或是武当张真人的地步,再来练这七伤拳,想来自己也可 不受损伤,便有小损,亦无大碍。

Certainly, Xie Xun himself did not have sufficient internal energy to start practicing Seven Maim Fist, and that is why he got damaged internally by it.

I'm sure Mulinzi learned Seven Maim Fist before his death age of 91. Judging by the description of his accomplishments, it seems to me that Mulinzi should be on par with Reverend Kongjian, if not better.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

the founders of the powerful sects might at least have reached 'greats at first haushan tournament' level if not 'greats level at LOCH/ROCH' itself. mulinzi lived healthly till he was 90yrs old and he was able to use seven injuries fist freely. he had to have reached the level to where he can freely send his qi through all his accupoints,channels and five organs since he did not seem to have suffered the injuries to his organs xie xun and the kongdong elders suffered which would have resulted in his crippling or death. he should at least have been at the level of kong jian(shaolin divine monk) or he zudao(three saints of kunlun).
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

When did Mu Lin-zi live?

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

he was the founder of kongtong sect, but no mention was ever made of his time period. kongtong sect and kunlun sect are considered rivals so maybe the same time as he zudao. either before or after the times of the condor trilogy greats.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

If he's that strong how people always talk about Z3F GX and Yang Dingtian when they refer to "greatness" in previous age (pre HSDS)..

I thought "Muk Lin Tze" was a kind of herb that Au Yeung Hak fed to his snakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    If he's that strong how people always talk about Z3F GX and Yang Dingtian when they refer to "greatness" in previous age (pre HSDS)..
    It's funny because I believe MLZ should be very powerful as well.

By the time HSDS rolled around, Wudang, Kongtong and E-mei were all around the same generations, with E-mei in their 3rd gen. However, it could be because GX chose to have a short tenure instead. When an alliance was forged to head up to destroy the Ming cult, Kongtong was also amongst the major sects. In the same timeframe, Kongtong achieved the same standing as Wudang and E-mei.

Considering that MLZ's disciples were not that good, even likely to be lower than Miejue and Wudang 7 heroes, the fame of Kongtong would had been solely built on MLZ's might.

It will sound absurd to many, but I believe that in their early/earlier days, MLZ might be as good as ZSF and GX.

Perhaps the wulin saw Seven Miam Fist as an evil art because it went along the lines of having to injure oneself first and thus, was wary of acknowledging the greatness of MLZ.

Quote Originally Posted by hyoyatika View Post
    It's funny because I believe MLZ should be very powerful as well.

By the time HSDS rolled around, Wudang, Kongtong and E-mei were all around the same generations, with E-mei in their 3rd gen. However, it could be because GX chose to have a short tenure instead. When an alliance was forged to head up to destroy the Ming cult, Kongtong was also amongst the major sects. In the same timeframe, Kongtong achieved the same standing as Wudang and E-mei.

Considering that MLZ's disciples were not that good, even likely to be lower than Miejue and Wudang 7 heroes, the fame of Kongtong would had been solely built on MLZ's might.

It will sound absurd to many, but I believe that in their early/earlier days, MLZ might be as good as ZSF and GX.

Perhaps the wulin saw Seven Miam Fist as an evil art because it went along the lines of having to injure oneself first and thus, was wary of acknowledging the greatness of MLZ.
    Just my personal view. Given how 7IF is one of those arts like Xiaoyao or Shaolin72 arts when learned to high levels, requiring a very high bar to master but brings benefits like fortifying all your organs if done correctly, I would put MLZ at _least_ at LOCH great level.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Just my personal view. Given how 7IF is one of those arts like Xiaoyao or Shaolin72 arts when learned to high levels, requiring a very high bar to master but brings benefits like fortifying all your organs if done correctly, I would put MLZ at _least_ at LOCH great level.
    That's another great point as well.

Then how good Mulinzhi compared with He Zhudao..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Then how good Mulinzhi compared with He Zhudao..
    I think MLZ surpassed HZD.

1. HZD was active in the wulin when Z3F was a child. Z3F and MLZ roamed the wulin around the same time. There was no indication that Kunlun surpassed Kongtong and we know that Kongtong was created by MLZ. In other words, MLZ's Kongtong caught up with Kunlun's prestige just purely based on MLZ.

2. 7 Injuries Fist required high level of inner energy. This is similar to other godly skills-QKDNY, 72 Shaolin arts, etc.

3. Xie Xun chose to steal 7 Injuries Fist instead of Kunlun arts. HZD was someone who indulged in other hobbies. Xie Xun was an intelligent man. If he truly wanted to steal Kunlun arts, it would be easier to steal from Kunlun.

Quote Originally Posted by hyoyatika View Post
    I think MLZ surpassed HZD.

1. HZD was active in the wulin when Z3F was a child. Z3F and MLZ roamed the wulin around the same time. There was no indication that Kunlun surpassed Kongtong and we know that Kongtong was created by MLZ. In other words, MLZ's Kongtong caught up with Kunlun's prestige just purely based on MLZ.

2. 7 Injuries Fist required high level of inner energy. This is similar to other godly skills-QKDNY, 72 Shaolin arts, etc.

3. Xie Xun chose to steal 7 Injuries Fist instead of Kunlun arts. HZD was someone who indulged in other hobbies. Xie Xun was an intelligent man. If he truly wanted to steal Kunlun arts, it would be easier to steal from Kunlun.
    Well perhaps indeed MLZ a bit stronger than HZD but still they're in the same class IMHO..