Thread: Barbara Yung in The Legend of the Unknowns

Default Barbara Yung in The Legend of the Unknowns

I found this Opening clip of The Legends of the Unknowns: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cybym_84exA

I've never seen this series before, what is it about? Has anyone seen it before? I didn't know Barbara Yung had a series like this. Granted, I don't know all the series she stars in, and yet, this makes me quite curious. Theres doesn't seem to be any male leads seen in the clip, why?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

sorry suet seung, but i have no idea either. this series is probably older than me. a series with barbara yung in it, this makes me just as curious as to what this show is about.
    问世间,情是何物,直教生死相许?
    Lim Yo Hwan FIGHTING!

I saw the series..

I don't remember much tho...

All I remember, is that Barbara Yung is a princess and I think she dies.

THe main villain is a guy who can't be penetrated by any weapons, because he has a special type of suit.....

Thats all I can remember...

Also, the king in there is inlove with a nun...

pretty much it..

Cecilia Wong is the main character in this show.. her father and Kent Tong's father are both han chinese officials during the Ching Dynasty. Cecilia's father is framed for a crime and his entire family is to be executed. Cecilia tries to prove her father's innocence. Barbara plays the king's younger sister and is paired with Simon Yam.

I really enjoyed this show when I was younger, but haven't watched in in a number of years.

This is an exciting series. I remember watching it. The most memorable thing about the series is the smashing theme song sung by Frances Yip. You feel like going to war with the song!

You know....Barbara is already a short and petite person, and well whoever did her hair and maybe costume in this series should've been fired because it makes it accentuates her shortness more.

Oh now, I see Simon Yam in there. How come the young men in the opening clip is not as focused on as the women? I think I just saw Simon Yam's profile only. Does that mean the girls in the series are more focused on?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    You know....Barbara is already a short and petite person, and well whoever did her hair and maybe costume in this series should've been fired because it makes it accentuates her shortness more.

Oh now, I see Simon Yam in there. How come the young men in the opening clip is not as focused on as the women? I think I just saw Simon Yam's profile only. Does that mean the girls in the series are more focused on?
    It's called "thap tam muoi" in viet. It's about Cecilia's character so I would think it's more about her than any of the guys.

Quote Originally Posted by yufeihong View Post
    It's called "thap tam muoi" in viet. It's about Cecilia's character so I would think it's more about her than any of the guys.

[COLOR=#008000]www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzmNLeKgHwM[/COLOR]
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

I have to agree Barbara's hairstyle makes her look shorter but I thought she was really cute in this series with Simon Yam. I don't really remember what the story is about or who the villain was. I think Sharon Yang is also in this series.
    I thought Cecilia Wong was very pretty in this series.

Don't remember much about this series except that Barbara's character was really feisty and developed a crush on Cecilia's character because Cecilia cross dressed as a guy when they first met. Barbara was the Emperor's sister? Simon was a doctor. Barbara and Simon were supporting characters and provided the lighthearted scenes in the series but I didn't think they were a believable pairing though. They were more like an older brother/little sis. Barbara was really sweet and innocent but being a princess used to getting her way, she was a real handful for everyone to deal with.

I forgot who the real antagonist was but I think Cecilia's master was the nun in Deer and the Cauldron (forgot her name), the former Princess Ah Jiu in Sword Stained with Royal Blood. She kept pressuring Cecilia to use Barbara for revenge against the Emperor when all Cecilia wanted was to prove her father's innocence. As for Sharon, I think she was an undercover placed by her father who worked for the government into Cecilia's master's resistance group to spy. Sharon and Cecilia ended up falling for the same guy. For a little bit, there was a misunderstanding as Cecilia's group thought Barbara was the spy and treated her not too nicely.

The story was pretty much focused on Cecilia and her quest to prove her father's innocence after her entire family was killed. Kent and Sharon were the main supporting. Barbara and Simon were secondary supporting.

The main antagonist was Chu Tit Woh - he played the evil official who was opposed to Cecilia's father at the start.

I thought Kent was also a main character. I didn't really understand how Sharon and Kent fell in love since Cecilia and Kent were childhood sweet hearts.

Ah yes I remember now, Cecilia's master was he former princess and I think the emperor had a crush on her. She didn't kill him when he was a child.

Tbh, the series is really fuzzy to me. It's been too long ago. I just don't recall Kent having a strong plotline of his own, at least not to the extent of Cecilia who really stood out. I think Cecilia was more emotionally invested in a romantic relationship with Kent more than vice versa.

Hehe, interesting, I forgotten there was that relationship between the emperor and the nun. He had a crush on her because she didn't kill him? What happened there?

I just remember when the emperor was a child, I think the nun and her two men went into the palace. The two men wanted to kill the kid but she didn't allow them to, then a guard jump out and cut her arm off. Something like that but I do not remember the exact details.

I think Kent was the lead but your right I don't recall him standing out. I just recall him being very devoted to Sharon but Sharon's dad is against the relationship.