Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: New Xi You Ji - Journey to the West (Zhang Ji Zhong 2009/2010 version)

The trailer does look pretty good, which is typical of most trailers for ZJZ productions. Just a note, ZJZ's trailers usually do not include any dialogue. Not sure whether it's just his style or because the final product hasn't been dubbed yet.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

I went through the cast list for the ZJZ version and found that there a few demons that are not credited (do not have actors listed), leading me to believe that ZJZ may have skipped over their respective storylines. They are (in the novel's chronological order):

Azure Bull Demon
    Yellow Brow Buddha
    Mistress Python
    Lion, Elephant, and Roc Demons

The Tortoise Dragon is also not listed, but there is a picture of him from the ZJZ version online, so he is in it. Which is good, because the Black River storyline is one of my favorites.

The Imposter King of Wuji is also not listed, but you can tell they do the storyline from the TRAILER when they show the tiny SWK. The Demon of Black Wind is also not listed, but the TRAILER shows the monastery on fire after the monks tried to burn them to death, so that storyline has been produced as well.

So it seems very weird that ZJZ would simply skip over THOSE storylines, when he has included several small, less-important ones, including the Demon of Yellow Wind, Tai Sui Equivalent (Dragon-Dog Demon), King of Southern Mountains (Leopard Demon), and the Three Rhinos. NONE of those are major storylines, but he adapted all of them.

So why would he exclude Azure Bull Demon, Yellow Brows, Mistress Python, and Lion/Elephant/Roc from his version? I cannot find any info or pics indicating that they are in the series. With the exception of the Python demon, the other four are pretty major storylines in the series. Hopefully the actor information for them simply hasn't been released yet ... or something along those lines. Because the Zhejiang version skipped over all of the lame, pointless storylines, but they incorporated all three of those.

Just for the record, however, I'm glad he gave much attention to my FAVORITE demon of the entire novel, the Saint of Nine Spirits. Toughest baddie in the entire story besides the Six-Earred Macaque and the Bull Demon King. He looks absolutely SICK in his nine-headed lion beast form in the trailer. Looks like that storyline will FINALLY be done right, for the first time in history.

I AM glad that he has included many of the storylines that I was upset about the Zhejiang version excluding ... lord of the black river, 9-Headed Hydra, eating 1111 hearts of children, etc.

Don't know if he has adapted the land without rain storyline or getting framed for burglary and murder towards the end of the novel, because there are no demons in those storylines and no way to know for sure at this point.
    Last edited by PrinceKrillo; 11-16-10 at 05:49 PM.

Take a deep breath everybody, just wait until this series come out before we starting to voice our opinion. Don't think too much over it. If you like buy it if you don't don't, end of story

I was recently thinking about how incredibly overrated Sun Wu Kong is in the Chinese community, as well as internationally. It's really quite amazing how misinformed 1.3 billion Chinese and hundreds and hundreds of millions of other people on this earth can be.

So just to set this record straight, in the Chinese Myth Universe, here is a list of at least five figures from Chinese Myth that ARE stronger, better, and therefore superior to that banana-brained primate (listed from MOST powerful to least):

1. Nü WA
    She is pretty much the equivalent of "GOD" in Chinese mythology, and I'm sure your ancestors (IF you're Chinese) believed wholeheartedly as much. Nü Wa, as I stated before, is truly omnipotent and more powerful than ANYONE else from either the Taoist or Buddhist Pantheons. She is by FAR the most supreme being in the Three Realms, and although the Lotus Lantern that she left behind is the most powerful artifact in the world of Chinese myth, and can greatly injure absolutely anyone it is used on, it is absolutely USELESS against its creator, Nü Wa. So in terms of rock-paper-scissors, Nü Wa is the "fourth element" that crushes all and is susceptible to nothing.

2. MO DI
    There's a reason why Nü Wa herself feared the evil power that her youngest son could (and would) unleash upon the Three Realms and made the decision to seal him up for the better part of eternity. The Demon Emperor Mo Di is absolutely the strongest force of "pure evil" that exists in the whole of Chinese mythology. In his purest, truest form, he is an infinite aura of darkness that incinerates and wipes from existence anyone he touches. Just as the Bao Lian Deng was formed from the Original Light, Mo Di was created from the Original Darkness. Of course, we know from Chuan Shuo (2010) that Mo Di can also take bodies for himself, possessing anyone weak enough to fall to his will. There are only a handful of figures strong enough to even withstand his power of possession to begin with. Mo Di is also a master manipulator who can argue "bad" into "good" and "wrong" into "right." Few minds are strong enough to withstand his power of reason. If Mo Di was ever allowed to be released into the universe again, the first thing he would do is take the entire realm of HELL for himself, because even Mo Zun Chong Lou, the Lord of Demons, would be foolish not to bow down before Mo Di.

3. SAN SHENG MU (W/ BAO LIAN DENG)
    We've already seen the kind of power that the Lotus Lantern is capable of. As long as San Sheng Mu has it in her hands and is utilizing its potential, not even the combined forces of her brother, Sun Wu Kong, and an entire army of gods and demons could stand a chance against her (it). Of course, anyone without evil intentions can utilize the lantern, but they must know the spell codes and must possess enough supernatural power and energy to do so. As the official keeper of the Bao Lian Deng, San Sheng Mu and it go hand-in-hand. Besides, Yang Jian used the lantern once to nearly r*** Sun Wu Kong. He was left a pathetic, brain-dead, snot-and-drool-drenched mess.

4. YANG JIAN
    Anyone who actually thinks Er Lang Shen and Sun Wu Kong are "equally matched" is a fool and a tool. In the three times that they have faced off against one another, the first time Yang Jian prevailed and did what 100,000 other Taoist gods and soldiers Heavenly Brigade could not. The second time, the match ended in a draw when the Jade Emperor broke them up. The third time, Yang Jian used the Lotus Lantern to annihilate Sun Wu Kong and left him a wimpering animal, broken bones and broken spirit. If Sun Wu Kong can take out 100,000 Heavenly beings by himself, then Yang Jian can do it half-asleep, drunk, or with his eyes closed. They may share the same master, and they may both be disciples of the same Taoist sect headed by Yuan Shi Tian Zun of the Three Pure Ones. But make no mistake, Sun Wu Kong never has and NEVER WILL be able to defeat Yang Jian.

5. BUDDHA
    Goes without saying. Ru Lai is the head of the entire Buddhist Pantheon of deities and was the one who crushed (literally) Sun Wu Kong with "Buddha's Palm" or whatever. I would only rank him as the fifth most powerful being in the Chinese Myth Universe, but he is still CLEARLY more powerful than Sun Wu Kong.
    Last edited by PrinceKrillo; 11-22-10 at 06:15 PM.

@ princekrillo
    I think you are quite confused with so many Chinese legend-based films you see...

Nü WA
    She is pretty much the equivalent of "GOD" in Chinese mythology, and I'm sure your ancestors (IF you're Chinese) believed wholeheartedly as much. Nü Wa, as I stated before, is truly omnipotent and more powerful than ANYONE else from either the Taoist or Buddhist Pantheons.
    But I have met a Taoist sect people who boldly says that Lao Zi from 3 Pure One as their stongest and highest Deity... (not to be cofused with films).

MO DI
    There's a reason why Nü Wa herself feared the evil power that her youngest son could (and would) unleash upon the Three Realms and made the decision to seal him up for the better part of eternity. The Demon Emperor Mo Di is absolutely the strongest force of "pure evil" that exists in the whole of Chinese mythology.
    Isn't Mo Di, in the end of Ancient Legend become Yan Lo Wang, the ruler of the Underworld?
    And he possess Ao Bing's (the Dragon Prince) body till the end of the film, right?
    So if that's true, Who is is the Dragon Prince that killed by NeZha in Feng Shen Yan Yi?
    is Ao Guang have another son who named Ao Bing too? He is so NOT creative to give the same name to his sons.

SAN SHENG MU (W/ BAO LIAN DENG)
    is that so?
    You claims that you are Taoist, OK?
    so, in the REAL legend (not from the producer's / scriptwriter's imagination) is the Bao Lian Deng really exist?
    Or more importantly: is San Sheng Mu really Yang Jian / ErLang Shen's sister?
    Because I can't find her in wiki

YANG JIAN
    Anyone who actually thinks Er Lang Shen and Sun Wu Kong are "equally matched" is a fool and a tool. In the three times that they have faced off against one another, the first time Yang Jian prevailed and did what 100,000 other Taoist gods and soldiers Heavenly Brigade could not.
    Yeah, that's from Bao Lian Deng Trilogy's perspective.
    And The Tang Monk IS a really annoying man who tells everybody out there that his flesh can make everyone who eats it become an immortal. What a joke

there's a legend about ErLang Shen that says he is NOT Yu Di's nephew (maybe that's ErLang in Ancient legend, so he didn't refer as Yang Jian).
    You can read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erlang_Shen

WOW, there's a LOT of legend about his origin, isn't it?
    For example, who brought down 9 of 10 suns? Yang Jian like in BLD-QZ (legend from ErLang Bao Juan novel) or Hou Yi like in Chang E Ben Yue legend?

And about the Buddha... in the Buddhist story, after his dead, he reached NIRVANA, a condition where you can't find him everywhere, in Heaven or Hell. And now you, again, become confused with Wu Cheng En's novel , who tells that Buddha and his disciples lived in Western Heaven.

IF you noted, there's a lot of difference in every story (and that's just about one character... there's a lot of character too), it's all depend on the scriptwriter's imagination. BLD Trilogy only tried to connect every legend that exist, and that's not without flaws.

So you can't just compare every character in the different legend and says A is stronger than B or whatever...

It's just like comparing heroes from Jin Yong's novel with Liang Yu Sheng and Gu Long's novel.
    So, who's stronger? Yang Guo? Zhang Wu Ji? Dong Fang Bu Bai? Chu Liu Xiang? Li Xin Huan or Lu Xiao Feng?

I, too can make a film (if I were a scriptwriter) which tells that NeZha is the strongest if I want to. He's got a LOT of heavenly weapon
    Last edited by Kurenai86; 11-22-10 at 07:55 PM.

I getting confuse here, Taoist came first then Buddhist right.

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    I getting confuse here, Taoist came first then Buddhist right.
    Yes.
    Taoist born in China. It comes from chinese culture and ideology. Ask princekrillo for it
    or you can read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taoism

Buddhist comes later from India when Buddhist missionary come to China
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Buddhism

Kurenai86, you seem to be confusing the ACTUAL philosophy/religion of Taoism and Buddhism with Chinese MYTHOLOGY. They are NOT the same thing.

You keep talking about actual Taoists and Buddhists and their beliefs, and of course that is going to "contradict" with mythology ... myth and folklore is FANTASY. ACTUAL Taoism is NOT.

Taoism is not about believing in gods and demons ... I don't think anyone in this day and age (in which SCIENCE exists) would actually BELIEVE in mythology ... they'd have to be insane or incredibly stupid.

Chinese myth is based AROUND Taoism/Buddhism, but NOT the other way around. TRUE Taoism has NOTHING to do with myth, which once again, is FANTASY.

So you really can't be using the actual philosophy/religion as an argument here.

===========================

However, it seems very clear that most people (if not all) do not understand what actually constitutes as being a part of the "Chinese Mythology Universe." So let me make this very clear:

Over the course of the last few thousand years, your ancestors (for those who are Chinese) have passed down these stories and folklore that is NOW known as Chinese myth. Well, here's the thing ... these stories ONLY exist as small folktales. There is NO SUCH THING AS LARGE-SCALE FOLKLORE!

The existing six large-scale myth TV series franchises (and I can call them franchises, b/c technically they only need TWO series in order to fit the bill, and all of them do) are ALL MADE UP. The only difference between Chuan Shuo/BLD Trilogy/Chinese Paladin and JTTW/Feng Shen/Liao Zhai ... is that the latter three were "written" hundreds of years ago by authors who lived in past dynasties ... whereas the former three were "written" in the modern era, by producers/screenwriters.

So why in the hell should JTTW/FSYY count as mythology, but not BLD Trilogy or Chinese Paladin? It's absolutely ridiculous. It's ALL MADE UP. There's no such thing as "large-scale" or "epic" mythology that was "passed down" by our ancestors ... our ancestors passed down small stories called folktales. In order for there to be large-scale, epic stories, there have to be authors OR screenwriters to PUT that folklore together INTO an epic story.

That is why Chinese Paladin is no less Chinese myth than ANY of the others. Yes, its story is "made up," but Wu Cheng En "made up" JTTW as well, just not anytime recently. The only thing that is required is that it must take place in the Chinese myth universe and utilize Chinese myth elements. THAT'S ALL! In those terms, Chinese Paladin ABSOLUTELY fits the bill. In fact, none of the others have utilized things such as Jiang Shi or Feng Huang (as CP has), creatures that are very important in Chinese mythology.

Let's break the two biggest (most expansive/epic) ones down right here:

BLD Trilogy: covers 3000 years of Chinese myth (from the Shang Dynasty to the modern era). The prequel series includes the legends of Er Lang Shen and Ne Zha, the novel "Er Lang Bao Juan," and touches on legends such as the Great Flood and Chang E Ben Yue/Hou Yi Shoots the Suns. It also covers the primary storylines and characters of Xi You Ji and Feng Shen. In addition, the folklore of Qi Xian Nv and Niu Lang/Zhi Nv are also incorporated. The original series expands on the Lotus Lantern folktale and also incorporates the Xian Qian story of Liao Zhai (the most popular story). Many gods of both the Taoist and Buddhist Pantheons, including Buddha, Guan Yin, the Four Heavenly Kings, Tai Bai Jin Xing, Lao Zi, the Jade Emperor, the Gods of the Sun, Li Jing, the Dragon King, Yan Wang, Kitchen God, the Three Pure Ones, Nv Wa, Pan Gu, etc. are all portrayed in the series (and the entire trilogy) and developed very well. The sequel series will incorporate all of the myth from the Song Dynasty thereafter, including Bai She Zhuan and the legends of the Eight Immortals, Ji Gong the Crazy Monk, and Zhong Kui the Exorcist. In addition, the trilogy covers a WIDE array of other figures from Chinese myth, including gods, demons, immortals, etc.

Chuan Shuo (2010): covers everything that the text Shan Hai Jing includes ... and much more. Brings together all of the most "ancient" folklore and legends into an epic story. Includes the war between the Yellow Emperor and Chi You, Nv Wa Mending the Sky, Nv Wa and Fu Xi creating humans, Shen Nong tasting 100 herbs, Bai Hua Xian introducing flowers, Kua Fu chasing the sun, the Gate Gods, the beheading of Xing Tian, Lao Zi's azure bull, the origin of Er Lang Shen's dog, Zhu Rong vs. Gong Gong, Foolish Old Man Yu Gong, the Great Flood, the Four Symbols and 28 Mansions, Shangri-La the utopian paradise, the reign of the Flame Emperor, Ruo Xi (Lei Zu) discovering silk, Du Kang inventing wine, Cang Jie creating writing/words, the traditions of New Year's and the Nian Shou, Chang E Ben Yue, Hou Yi shooting the suns, and a handful of others as well. It also puts a lot of focus on several Taoist gods, including the Seven Fairies, the Jade Emperor, Tu Di Gong, Zhao Gong Ming (Bi Gan), Zao Wang (Kitchen God), Gou Mang and Ru Shou, and many others, as well as mythical creatures such as the Qi Lin, Ying Long, and Pi Xiu. Chuan Shuo's forthcoming prequel series, YUAN GU DE CHUAN SHUO (TBA), will cover the Epic of Darkness text and tell the story prior to the Three Sovereigns and Five Emperors era, from Pan Gu splitting the sky and the earth all to the way to the creation of the different parts of the universe, bringing forth the elements, and the origins of all types of life, including gods, immortals, demons, beasts, dragons, and humans.

JTTW is set in the Chinese myth universe, but the STORY was MADE UP by Wu Cheng En as well. The gods in the novel are authentic, but he made up nearly all of the demons. In Feng Shen Yan Yi, the story is also made up for the most part, a FICTIONAL telling of history that incorporates some authentic characters from folklore, but also including many MADE UP characters as well.

How is that ANY different from what Chinese Paladin has done? Chinese Paladin is a LARGE-SCALE epic that is set in the Chinese Mythology Universe and also utilizes its own characters and storylines. Sounds about the same to me. Just because it was written recently whereas the others were written hundreds of years ago doesn't make any difference. As long as its epic enough and is set in the world of Chinese myth, then it counts.

And back to what you were originally saying, YES. There are tons of different versions of mythology out there. Different versions of Yang Jian's origins, different versions of Huang Di/Yan Di/Shen Nong/etc., different versions of Nv Wa and Fu Xi's legends, different versions of who is related to who and what happened first and what happened later ... there is absolutely NO "true" version. It doesn't exist. Chinese myth is designed to contradict itself, PERIOD!

That is why I can take a little from this epic and then a little from another one ...

... and I can end up with and draw conclusions such as ... "Yang Jian is the Taoist Judiciary Deity Er Lang Shen and is the fourth strongest being in the Chinese Myth Universe, son of Yao Ji, grandson of Nv Wa and Fu Xi, nephew of the Jade Emperor, the Yellow Emperor, Hundred Flowers Fairy, the Demon Emperor, and the Flame Emperor Shen Nong! He has battled Sun Wu Kong three times and has owned his *** twice, punished his own sister for fulfilling lust/desire and manipulated his worthless nephew into changing the Law of Heaven, was crucial in helping Jiang Zi Ya and King Wu of Zhou take down King Zhou of Shang and end the Shang Dynasty, helped his former brother-in-law the Jade Dragon get his revenge on the Nine-Headed Hydra Demon, screwed over Zhu Wu Neng/Tian Peng Yuan Shuai even though he had once saved his life, cut down nine of the ten Gods of the Sun with a mystical axe, was once Ne Zha's BFF but then became more like frenemies, participated in a tournament to win the Fifth Fairy's hand in marriage but willingly lost to the Dragon Prince of the Eastern Seas, tangled with the Four Heavenly Kings before they were even gods, helped his aunt the Hundred Flowers Fairy to battle the Nian Shou, was married to the Dragon Princess of the Western Seas for 1000 years and nearly went crazy from it, and would give up everything in a second if Chang E would only return his damn feelings!"
    Last edited by PrinceKrillo; 11-23-10 at 04:30 AM.

@ princekrillo
    I know... I know...
    ALL of the story is made up, and as you say,
    Taoism is not about believing in gods and demons ... I don't think anyone in this day and age (in which SCIENCE exists) would actually BELIEVE in mythology ... they'd have to be insane or incredibly stupid.

Chinese myth is based AROUND Taoism/Buddhism, but NOT the other way around. TRUE Taoism has NOTHING to do with myth, which once again, is FANTASY.
    It's up to you if you think I'm confused between legends and fact, because you didn't see my point. In my opinion, the Chinese legends is no more than other country's legends, like the Olympians in Greek, Japanese Deities, or Norse's Gods. It's ALL folk legends

Because of THAT so I write that you can't compare the characters from different legend-based films, just like you cannot compare heroes from different wuxia story writer.
    See? different origin = different story = different power too. For example, a character could be very strong and invincible, and have a very significant role in one story, but probably just a weak, minor, and insignificant role in others.

Just for your information, in the novel ErLang Bao Juan, ErLang didn't divorce with the Dragon princess, and there's no story about he's in love with Chang E...

And all you say about Yang Jian this and that is only from Bao Lian Deng Trilogy (CCTV version). NOT from JTTW, FSYY, or other small sized folklore.
    Even from The BLD cartoon version (original story from where the BLD CCTV version is made up) ErLang Shen ends up trapped within mountain, just like his sister used to be.
    There's no story about 'a good uncle that wears a cruel Se Fa Tian Shen mask to make his nephew grows up' part.

Now you comparing the Deities, especially Yang Jian and SWK. and then what? You want to compare about who is the stronger king between Huang Di, Ji Fa (Wu Wang), and Tang TaiZong?

And, BTW... this used to be JTTW's thread. If you want to continue your confusing 'love letter' for Yang Jian (who only has a very small role in JTTW) and his BLD story, you can move there. Go On, you are the thread starter there in this thread, SWK is the master

I think it's just like a childish act to praise Yang Jian (minor role) but denounce SWK right in SWK's thread.
    Whereas you have made the 'six large scale...' thread
    Last edited by Kurenai86; 11-23-10 at 11:40 AM.

^

I'm aware that Yang Jian did not "divorce" the Dragon Princess in the novel. I did not anywhere in my post state that OR that his relationship with Chang E was taken from that. JIU NIAN made that up.

Just another reason why the BLD Trilogy is smarter and more realistic. There is no way in hell that a relationship can last 100 years, let alone 1000 years, without regret, turmoil, and suffering. That is one of the main POINTS of the BLD Trilogy in its entirety.

In this world half of all marriages end in divorce, and the other half suffer quietly. Why? Because relationships are based around LUST and DESIRE, NOT "love." If they were REALLY based on "love," then there's no reason why an old man and a little boy couldn't get married, it would NOT just be between men and women that are equally attractive. There is really no arguing that. It's just that most people in the world are too stupid to realize that and actually continue to mistake LUST for "love." Puh. Jiu Nian, on the other, is not that stupid and made that point very clearly in his writing of the BLD Trilogy.

That is one of the main philosophical points that Jiu Nian makes in the BLD Trilogy, and one of the reasons it is the BEST, period. Anyone who watched both series and couldn't even grasp THAT concept obviously is not able to retain information in their brain! Jiu Nian pretty much DRILLED that point into your head!

That is why the BLD Trilogy is far superior to the simplistic and unrealistic Er Lang Bao Juan novel ... but I don't even know why you brought that up in the first place.

Secondly, Chinese Mythology is pretty much based around Er Lang Shen. That is why he appears in BLD, JTTW, FFYY, Chuan Shuo, EVERYWHERE!

That is why ANY discussion about anything in Chinese mythology will inevitably lead back to Yang Jian at some point!

SWK, on the other hand, is NOT the center of the universe, not even CLOSE.

And you're right, no other version of the myth was smart enough to create a multi-dimensional Yang Jian as the ingenious JIU NIAN did for CCTV's #1 myth franchise. Instead of just making him "evil" (which I've stated before elsewhere, that is ridiculous and this isn't some Saturday morning cartoon show), he created a Yang Jian that had to put on a "heartless" facade in order to hide his true intentions of changing the unjust laws that governed the Three Realms.

You're getting up in BLD Trilogy's face because it is SUPERIOR to every other, poorly-written, one-dimensional story ... I find that absolutely hilarious.

Now THIS is very important:

You do not seem to understand that these aren't just separate, unrelated stories. ALL of these series take place in the Chinese Myth Universe, so of course, I VERY much CAN compare characters from one series with another b/c they are from the SAME POOL of characters! Do you not grasp that they EXIST in the SAME UNIVERSE?

It's like comparing different characters from the Marvel Comics Universe. Spider-Man, X-Men, Iron Man, Fantastic Four, etc. are all from different franchises within the Marvel Universe but they can CROSSOVER and have RELATED storylines with one another, b/c they are ALL from the same universe.

BLD Trilogy already INCORPORATES JTTW and FSYY in its story, so why in the hell wouldn't I be able to cross-compare characters?

Bottomline, if Jiu Nian has created a super-powerful Yang Jian in the BLD Trilogy, then I can very much draw the conclusion that he IS one of the absolute strongest beings in the universe of Chinese myth. Besides that, I don't remember Yang Jian EVER getting his *** kicked in JTTW, FSYY, OR Chuan Shuo. Yang Jian has pretty much prevailed (with ease) over every foe he has ever faced, whether it was Jiu Tou Chong, the Four Heavenly Kings, the Nian Shou, etc.

SWK, on the other hand, just gets his *** kicked time and time again. If not by Yang Jian, then by the lame demons that he can't even defeat on his own throughout his little journey. I don't think there was one demon that he could actually handle himself without calling for help from the Taoist gods up in Heaven. What a loser.

The ONLY time that Yang Jian ever got HIS *** handed to him is when he gave up his powers willingly in order to save his dog's life! And then he STILL came back, stronger and better than ever.

In addition, I don't know why you keep referring to "wuxia." ALL wuxia is made up, completely. Storylines, characters, everything. And it was all made up by people who are still alive TODAY. I really don't think you should keep referencing wuxia, b/c it's really NOT helping your argument at all ...
    Last edited by PrinceKrillo; 11-23-10 at 05:57 PM.

@Kurenai86, please just ignore PrinceKrillo. He is just ignorant and thinks everyone else who doesn't think like him or agree with his oh-so-mighty-philosophical thoughts are childish and retarded. Plus the more you start "debating", the more you gonna get off topic...

On the other hand, I'm too excited about this series coming out! If anyone has new pictures please post it up!!

Lightbulb Most Fan Don't Know this lol

Okay here is something that most fan of JJTW doesn't even know exist. Number one. The First JTTW series wasn't produced in China lol. Take a look for yourself.

Consider taking a look at these series before you guys start anymore arguement.
    Monkey King Transformations over the years lol

http://d.imagehost.org/view/0123/Monkey_Kings
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://d.imagehost.org/0123/Monkey_Kings.jpg')

anybody got a cast list of 2011 version. I only know the 4 main cast what about the rest

Well, this series actually has a lot of big-name actors from the large-scale myth circuit.

Elvis Tsui plays Sha Seng / Juan Lian

Shu Chang plays the Queen of Women's Country

Liu Tao plays Goddess of Mercy Guan Yin

TAE plays a Buddhist deity of some sort

Ady An Yi Xuan plays Bai Gu Jing

Cao Jun *reportedly* is reprising his role from BLD Trilogy as Chen Xiang in this series ... I don't understand how or why, since he isn't even supposed to be born until three hundred years after the "journey" ... but that's what I've read

Liu De Kai was originally listed as playing Lao Zi in the series, but they've also being saying that ZJZ himself is going to play the role ... if it's true, then that's very "Quentin Tarantino" of him ...

However, if it's Liu De Kai, then that puts him over the top in the large-scale myth circuit, and he will have portrayed more roles than any other actor.
    Last edited by PrinceKrillo; 11-24-10 at 04:29 PM.

^ZJZ plays a minor role in almost everything he makes. He says it's to save money.

Smile What do you think?

out of all the series new and old, nothing beat this version. Here's the most emotional part of all. Sun Wu Kong under mount buddha for 500 years. <<<< zzz the new 2009 version didn't deliver this right. the mountain looked so fake. I hope Zhang JiZhong will do it right this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3aKsIBIxdU

Not only that but the 2009 version got the worst theme song ever. now if they woulda added this old song, it would be amazing
    Last edited by IPlayWow; 11-24-10 at 08:27 PM.

Does this 2011 version include 81 obstacle like the original version? Because that how numbers that was set by Buddha, to set their will & endurance

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    Does this 2011 version include 81 obstacle like the original version? Because that how numbers that was set by Buddha, to set their will & endurance

I don't think anybody would waste time counting that many obstacles lol. Hust like The Monkey King 72 transformation magic, do you waste time counting how many tranform he actually does when you watching? lol

I be happy if the 2011 Monkey King look like this instead of what Zhang Ji Zhong made him lol

take a look

http://i51.tinypic.com/zvlmw.jpg
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/zvlmw.jpg')

sorry for double posting but the edit post button won't load for some reason probably my internet exploer is out of date lol.

ummm here is a little behind the scene look.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTM0NDU3ODgw.html

the website is in chinese. if you can't read chinese than just click the play button because you don't really need to read anything anyway lol.

for anyone that got journey to the west hype, here is the Joutney to the West online rpg game

Last edited by IPlayWow; 12-09-10 at 03:03 PM.

I'm still looking forward to seeing the ZJZ series. But having watched half of the prior series, I can't imagine that I'll find the ZJZ series any higher in production values. The 2009 version is quite lush with costumes and special effects. And I really like the way Fei Zhenxiang plays Monkey. I'm a bit disappointed that ZJZ's production elected to use full-face masks for Monkey and Pig. Yes, it means they look more like animals, but it also means I can't see the actors' faces and their mouth movements will be very limited. I'm sure that's a cost and time-saving choice as opposed to individual latex prosthetics, but I'm afraid it's going to detract from the performances a little.

Not that that is going to stop me watching the series. I'm going through withdrawals now that the 2009 series isn't available on online.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。