Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: New Xi You Ji - Journey to the West (Zhang Ji Zhong 2009/2010 version)

Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    5. I don't think you watched every episode throughly to even say that it's emotion less and pointless, I think you goet bored because the girls wasn't hot and the 1986 graphic was poorly made.
    Yeah, that's right. I got "bored" because the "girls wasn't hot."

Because that's what I cared about watching that series growing up as a CHILD. Like most Chinese, I've seen that series nearly ten times in my lifetime. And no, the crappy special effects did not bother me, considering the fact that the first time I ever watched it was when it was RELEASED back in the 80s.

Maybe try to get your facts straight before posting nonsensical crap. But that's probably asking too much of you.

As an adult, I can now objectively judge the 1986 version and realize what an overrated load of manure it really was. Horrible direction, horrible editing, horrible acting, horrible writing ... one example that comes to mind right now is how Yang Jian suddenly appears "out of nowhere" to battle the Hydra Demon with no explanation whatsoever. That scene was just one example of some of the absolutely HORRENDOUS editing.

Aside from that, like I was saying before (as if I should even need to), that overrated version was completely devoid of any and all drama and emotion. Which is pretty damn funny, considering it's supposed to BE a DRAMA. Can't be epic if you can't even get basic, human drama right.

Every single character in the Zhe Jiang version was developed and portrayed very well. Didn't matter if they were gods, immortals, humans, demons, or whatever. With such a philosphical, dramatic, and epic adaptation such as last year's Zhe Jiang version, the only people that are still defending the horrible original version are the biased idiots that refuse to accept cold, hard fact:

1986 JTTW = FAIL.

Anyone who continues to say otherwise fails at life.
    Last edited by PrinceKrillo; 04-04-11 at 03:20 PM.

1. There was no reason to start another thread for this.

2. Stop posting that dumb mess of pictures.

3. Every single TV series produced in China in the last twenty years has "surpassed" the original JTTW. It's not very hard. Films produced by college students are probably superior to JTTW 1986.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceKrillo View Post
    Yeah, that's right. I got "bored" because the "girls wasn't hot."

Because that's what I cared about watching that series growing up as a CHILD. Like most Chinese, I've seen that series nearly ten times in my lifetime. And no, the crappy special effects did not bother me, considering the fact that the first time I ever watched it was when it was RELEASED back in the 80s.

Maybe try to get your facts straight before posting nonsensical crap. But that's probably asking too much of you.

As an adult, I can now objectively judge the 1986 version and realize what an overrated load of manure it really was. Horrible direction, horrible editing, horrible acting, horrible writing ... one example that comes to mind right now is how Yang Jian suddenly appears "out of nowhere" to battle the Hydra Demon with no explanation whatsoever. That scene was just one example of some of the absolutely HORRENDOUS editing.

Aside from that, like I was saying before (as if I should even need to), that overrated version was completely devoid of any and all drama and emotion. Which is pretty damn funny, considering it's supposed to BE a DRAMA. Can't be epic if you can't even get basic, human drama right.

Every single character in the Zhe Jiang version was developed and portrayed very well. Didn't matter if they were gods, immortals, humans, demons, or whatever. With such a philosphical, dramatic, and epic adaptation such as last year's Zhe Jiang version, the only people that are still defending the horrible original version are the biased idiots that refuse to accept cold, hard fact:

1986 JTTW = FAIL.

Anyone who continues to say otherwise fails at life.

This Yang Jian and Hydra Demon you speak of... what episode was it in? Can you find it on youtube and post it here?
    The 2009 version song suxked bad. Did anyone notice how annoying the pig was kept on talking nonsense about the monkey. The fighting scene was a drag on. it took the monkey 2-3 battle and 2-3 episodes to kill his enemy. How can someone fail at life if they keep on talking about the old jttw 1986? last time I check the word life mean living thing and as long as you're living, how can you fail?

first of all I'm not watching JTTW to see the non main character devolop their emotion. I could careless if all the demon die or get their azz kick by the monkey king because after all, the main focus of the story is on the Monkey King and his master Tang Monk. If you want sad love romance drama, go watch something else. JTTW is still a story about a monk travelling to India to get the holy scripture and bring them back to China to help the suffering people.

Now exactly what episode was this Yang Jian and Hydra Demon in? I think you're lying and making it up.

1. There was no reason to start another thread for this.

2. Stop posting that dumb mess of pictures.

3. Every single TV series produced in China in the last twenty years has "surpassed" the original JTTW. It's not very hard. Films produced by college students are probably superior to JTTW 1986.

Prove what you said is correct on point number 3.
    If you can't than this is just your own opinion because last time I check the statistics, JTTW 1986 is still rated very high by number of 100 something million chinese in mainland china.

The 2009 version song suxked bad.
    Your opinion ...

... and in your case, something you should keep to yourself.

it took the monkey 2-3 battle and 2-3 episodes to kill his enemy.
    It didn't "take" 2-3 episodes, einstein. It's called STORY development, a pretty fundamental concept. Of course someone who actually thinks the 1986 version is a masterpiece probably isn't wise or mature enough to understand that.

first of all I'm not watching JTTW to see the non main character devolop their emotion. I could careless if all the demon die or get their azz kick by the monkey king
    Well, there you go. That's the difference between those of us who are actually mature and have refined tastes and want something with some substance and depth ... and people like you, who just want to see mindless, pointless, repetitive fighting ... and poorly choreographed at that.

News flash genius, Chinese mythology isn't about lame-*** action and fighting. If you want that, go watch some wu xia. Chinese myth is about the philosophies and the wisdom of Taoism. Something I'm sure you're completely clueless about. That's why JTTW and all other Chinese myth series are full of Taoist immortals and Taoist gods with the Eight Diagrams, five elements, and yin yang symbols all over the place ... none of which I would expect a half-wit like you to understand.

The producers of the Zhe Jiang version understood all this and incorporated all of Wu Cheng En's philosphies from the novel into their series. The director of the 1986 version (and all other versions, for that matter) didn't have a damn clue about what the novel is actually about. That's why the Zhe Jiang version is the first and ONLY JTTW adaptation to date that isn't a complete joke and a disgrace to Wu Cheng En's novel, to Taoism, and to the universe of Chinese mythology in general.

JTTW is still a story about a monk travelling to India to get the holy scripture and bring them back to China to help the suffering people.
    WRONG. Further proof that you don't have a damn clue what you're talking about. Wu Cheng En wrote JTTW as an allegory. Xuan Zang and his disciples traveling for 14 years and enduring 81 hardships is a metaphor for an individual's journey towards spiritual and philosophical enlightenment (de dao) in life. Of course, I'd be surprised if someone you like could understand that.

Now exactly what episode was this Yang Jian and Hydra Demon in? I think you're lying and making it up.
    Wow. Just wow.

If you don't even have a clue about the different characters and storylines in the novel, then you shouldn't be talking or commenting about this at all. The fact that you even need to ask a question like that proves that you don't know anything about JTTW, and it really makes the other dumbass points you've "made" 100% moot.

Stop embarassing yourself.
    Last edited by PrinceKrillo; 04-04-11 at 06:34 PM.

Your opinion ...

... and in your case, something you should keep to yourself.

It didn't "take" 2-3 episodes, einstein. It's called STORY development, a pretty fundamental concept. Of course someone who actually thinks the 1986 version is a masterpiece probably isn't wise or mature enough to understand that.

Well, there you go. That's the difference between those of us who are actually mature and have refined tastes and want something with some substance and depth ... and people like you, who just want to see mindless, pointless, repetitive fighting ... and poorly choreographed at that.

News flash genius, Chinese mythology isn't about lame-*** action and fighting. If you want that, go watch some wu xia. Chinese myth is about the philosophies and the wisdom of Taoism. Something I'm sure you're completely clueless about. That's why JTTW and all other Chinese myth series are full of Taoist immortals and Taoist gods with the Eight Diagrams, five elements, and yin yang symbols all over the place ... none of which I would expect a half-wit like you to understand.

The producers of the Zhe Jiang version understood all this and incorporated all of Wu Cheng En's philosphies from the novel into their series. The director of the 1986 version (and all other versions, for that matter) didn't have a damn clue about what the novel is actually about. That's why the Zhe Jiang version is the first and ONLY JTTW adaptation to date that isn't a complete joke and a disgrace to Wu Cheng En's novel, to Taoism, and to the universe of Chinese mythology in general.

WRONG. Further proof that you don't have a damn clue what you're talking about. Wu Cheng En wrote JTTW as an allegory. Xuan Zang and his disciples traveling for 14 years and enduring 81 hardships is a metaphor for an individual's journey towards spiritual and philosophical enlightenment (de dao) in life. Of course, I'd be surprised if someone you like could understand that.

Wow. Just wow.

If you don't even have a clue about the different characters and storylines in the novel, then you shouldn't be talking or commenting about this at all. The fact that you even need to ask a question like that proves that you don't know anything about JTTW, and it really makes the other dumbass points you've "made" 100% moot.

Stop embarassing yourself.

until you could show me the episode of the yang jiang and hydra demon you're talking about in the 1986 JTTW version, I will not believe anything you said. What episode is it in? there's only 25 episodes and you can't point it out to me? We're talking about the 1986 version TV series not the novel book okay. you moron.

until you could show me the episode of the yang jian and hydra demon you're talking about in the 1986 JTTW version, I will not believe anything you said. What episode is it in? there's only 25 episodes and you can't point it out to me? We're talking about the 1986 version TV series not the novel book okay.
    just want to add
    JTTW 1986 is just the first season. In 2000 the 2'nd season released with same cast for 2 main cast.
    you can read here for episode guide
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey...6_TV_series%29
    Last edited by Kurenai86; 04-04-11 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurenai86 View Post
    just want to add
    JTTW 1986 is just the first season. In 2000 the 2'nd season released with same cast for 4 main cast.
    you can read here for episode guide
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey...6_TV_series%29

the 2000 second season doesn't count because the cast wasn't original. only the monkey king was played by the same person liu xiao ling tong and the tang monk was thr same. Did you even check the cast name carefully before you post this?

Season 1

* Liu Xiao Ling Tong as Sun Wukong
    * Wang Yue, Xu Shaohua, Chi Chongrui as Tang Sanzang
    * Ma Dehua as Zhu Bajie
    * Yan Huaili as Sha Wujing

Season 2

* Liu Xiao Ling Tong as Sun Wukong
    * Xu Shaohua, Chi Chongrui as Tang Sanzang
    * Cui Jingfu as Zhu Bajie
    * Liu Dagang as Sha Wujing

the pig and sha wujing or aka sandy was played by different people. So therefore it doesn't count. and plus they changed the song in the 2000 second season so it suxked bad and doesn't count.

the 2000 second season doesn't count because the cast wasn't original. only the monkey king was played by the same person liu xiao ling tong and the tang monk was thr same. Did you even check the cast name carefully before you post this?

the pig and sha wujing or aka sandy was played by different people. So therefore it doesn't count. and plus they changed the song in the 2000 second season so it suxked bad and doesn't count.
    Ooops, my bad
    sorry, bro... chill please... no flaming okey?
    I just want to help because you asking for the hydra demon
    so maybe you can search from there because I forgot where that part is

@ princekrillo
    I just wonder, how much adaptation of JTTW have you ever seen?
    from your posts, I got impression that you only watch the 1986 and 2009 version.
    Have you seen the 1996 TVB version or Japanese version?
    please tell us if u don't mind
    Last edited by Kurenai86; 04-04-11 at 08:37 PM.

IPlayWow, is your info up to date and reliable? There is no sign of release yet. Usually there is some fanfare before the release, but all of a sudden, everything goes quiet.
    Jiang Hu, a Wuxia fansubbing team
    Currently seeking for more help!

Quote Originally Posted by abcd99 View Post
    IPlayWow, is your info up to date and reliable? There is no sign of release yet. Usually there is some fanfare before the release, but all of a sudden, everything goes quiet.

check the trailer video for yourself here it posted on youtube and at the end it said april 2011. Also if you can read and understand mandarin than I would ask that you go on BaiDu and check. If you never heard of Baidu than I suggest you google it lol. Or here is the link if you'e too lazy to check. But you need to be able to understand the mandarin language or else you won't be able to read it at all because it's all in chinese lol.

http://baike.baidu.com/view/2431931.htm

The princekrillo guy is probably gonna say we got no life if we continue to argue with him or something like that lol. I just watch JTTW 1986 version episode 1-11 now and still no sign of this Yang Jiang and Hydra Demon so can you tell us now what episode they are in?? there is only 25 episode so how is it that hard that you cannot provide proof for what you have said?

I did however say a guy name Yang Tian fighting the monkey king. Yang Tian was sent by the jade emperor to capture the monkey king.

anyway here is the trailer for JTTW 2011

I don't mean to push this thread up again but why is this new thread necessary? Besides the date, it's very easy to figure out that the other thread the ZJZ version because it says ZJZ in the title. Plus that thread was made a while ago, when they weren't sure the exact release date.

Is there any way to merge the two threads?
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

IPlayWow, please do not be overly condescending. I can read Chinese and I've read that Baidu page a long time ago. I've seen the trailer as well. The trailer was uploaded November 2010. Baidu page was last updated March 30, 2011. However, since Zhang Jizhong is notorious for delays, I am just trying to confirm whether there is a delay or not. Our team is planning to subtitle this drama, but if there is some delay, we may as well allocate our resources elsewhere first.

I guess mods can lock this thread and keep the discussion in the original thread.
    Jiang Hu, a Wuxia fansubbing team
    Currently seeking for more help!

Quote Originally Posted by abcd99 View Post
    IPlayWow, please do not be overly condescending. I can read Chinese and I've read that Baidu page a long time ago. I've seen the trailer as well. The trailer was uploaded November 2010. Baidu page was last updated March 30, 2011. However, since Zhang Jizhong is notorious for delays, I am just trying to confirm whether there is a delay or not. Our team is planning to subtitle this drama, but if there is some delay, we may as well allocate our resources elsewhere first.

I guess mods can lock this thread and keep the discussion in the original thread.

Well how about checking the CCTV china website?

Oh and the info about April 2011 can't seem to be accurate anyway because we don't know which April 2011 they are talking about?

Chinese lunar calendar or Western Calendar?

Chinese New Year was in February of this year. So february is January for the chinese calendar and since it's April right now in the western calendar, it's probably march something in the chinese calendar.

The original thread is out dated and the people that was commenting on it from the first few page gave wrong information on and about the Journey to the West 2009 version instead of Zhang Ji Zhong Journey To The West 2011 so I made this one to clearify the confusion.
    Last edited by IPlayWow; 04-05-11 at 02:18 PM.

The princekrillo guy is probably gonna say we got no life if we continue to argue with him or something like that lol. I just watch JTTW 1986 version episode 1-11 now and still no sign of this Yang Jiang and Hydra Demon so can you tell us now what episode they are in?? there is only 25 episode so how is it that hard that you cannot provide proof for what you have said?

I did however say a guy name Yang Tian fighting the monkey king. Yang Tian was sent by the jade emperor to capture the monkey king.
    That should be Yang Jian, I suppose... or Er Lang Shen
    in ZJZ version, he is played by Feng Shao Feng / William Feng

about the Hydra demon (I become curious too now) is he the bad guy in the sweeping the pagoda story?
    You know, it's the part when SWK and the monk sweep an abandoned pagoda and finds out that some demon steal a precious relic...
    the hydra demon is the dragon king's son-in-law
    uh... that's just a guess... just watch it yourself for the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Kurenai86 View Post
    That should be Yang Jian, I suppose... or Er Lang Shen
    in ZJZ version, he is played by Feng Shao Feng / William Feng

about the Hydra demon (I become curious too now) is he the bad guy in the sweeping the pagoda story?
    You know, it's the part when SWK and the monk sweep an abandoned pagoda and finds out that some demon steal a precious relic...
    the hydra demon is the dragon king's son-in-law
    uh... that's just a guess... just watch it yourself for the answer

Ha in my thread, the other guy made me point out that we have a calendar different here in the western word and over there in china.

and now I guess I'll have to talk about accent of the many chinese culture. North Sputh Chinese speak a little bit differently, also hong kong and taiwanese chinese speak a little bit differently mandarin that is. Also american born chinese and many other lol.

So I think wheter we call this guy Yang Jian or Yang Tian, we might be both right.

For example, let say someone tell me their name is Ken but in my mind I'm thinking ah so your name is Can? lol

Ok now can I ask you to point out what episode that it's in that you notice the hydra demon. I know about the part where the monk was cleaning up the pagoda and the background music came on but I guess I'm gonna have to rewatch it again to find that episode. currently on episode 12.

all 25 episodes of JTTW 1986 is posted on youtube so I hope you can just find it and post it on here lol cause I'm kinda lazy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    I don't mean to push this thread up again but why is this new thread necessary? Besides the date, it's very easy to figure out that the other thread the ZJZ version because it says ZJZ in the title. Plus that thread was made a while ago, when they weren't sure the exact release date.

Is there any way to merge the two threads?

hmmmmmm since the other thread is filled with a bunch of Journey To The West 2009 picture and is misleading most of the people to think that's JTTW 2009 is the Zhang Ji Zhong version JTTW 2011. So Why not change the other thread title to Journey to the west 2009 Zhejian version.

Oh hay abcd99, did I answer your question as clearly as possible about the calendar date differences in china and western calendar?

So I'm giving it a guess that it will be out in May 2011 western calendar or AKA April 2011 chinese calendar.

Last edited by IPlayWow; 04-06-11 at 12:57 PM.

^^ There is still no need for this new thread. The title clearly says ZJZ. All current and future ZJZ JTTW posts should go there. I think you are causing more confusion by making this one.

It was unfortunate that the Zhejiang aand the ZJZ threads got merged but it happened. Most people only read the new posts anyways. If they did bother to go through the old posts, they would know the two threads merged. All the new posts are on the ZJZversion.

BTW very rarely does China use the lunar calender for major release dates. I for one have never seen it used. When they say April they mean April. Also, they were planning to release it in April. However, delays happen all the time so there is still a possibility it might air later.
    Last edited by Plushie; 04-06-11 at 04:06 PM.
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    ^^ There is still no need for this new thread. The title clearly says ZJZ. All current and future ZJZ JTTW posts should go there. I think you are causing more confusion by making this one.

It was unfortunate that the Zhejiang aand the ZJZ threads got merged but it happened. Most people only read the new posts anyways. If they did bother to go through the old posts, they would know the two threads merged. All the new posts are on the ZJZversion.

BTW very rarely does China use the lunar calender for major release dates. I for one have never seen it used. When they say April they mean April. Also, they were planning to release it in April. However, delays happen all the time so there is still a possibility it might air later.

listen I doubt most people ever read every single post in a thread anyway and if they clicked on the other thread, chances are they will probably on be reading the first 1-5 pages and chances are they will be reading and looking at pictures from the Zhejiang version.

Journey To The West is one of the three famous story in China. The Three famous story which are Three Kingdoms, Water Margin, and Journey to the West. So I'm guessing it's traditional value that they're sticking to their chinese calendar.

If they are using the western calendar for it than it's barely april-6-7 right now so I guess we still have to sit back and wait 24 more days until the last day of april don't we?