Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: New Xi You Ji - Journey to the West (Zhang Ji Zhong 2009/2010 version)

I guess we can wait until April is over.

There are unofficial rumors in Baidu Tieba that JTTW might be delayed till May or even school holidays in China.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/2008-11-10/U2398P28T3D2243456F326DT20081110121401.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/2008-11-10/U1982P28T3D2243710F326DT20081110144648.jpg')

who ever is reading page 5 on this thread, I just want to make it clear that this is not the monkey king for the journey to the west 2011 version by zhang ji zhong.

Now maybe this will explain why the 2011 version is not aired yet.

chinese calendar to western calendar year 2011 converter.

http://www.chineseanimalsigns.com/ca...ignsdotcom.pdf

now the word month 4 in chinese.... does that really translate to april????

can someone please translate that word clearly? April = chinese word????

or is it just say Month 4?

Month 4 or april???

April 2011 or Month 4 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Now maybe this will explain why the 2011 version is not aired yet.

chinese calendar to western calendar year 2011 converter.

http://www.chineseanimalsigns.com/ca...ignsdotcom.pdf

now the word month 4 in chinese.... does that really translate to april????

can someone please translate that word clearly? April = chinese word????

or is it just say Month 4?

Month 4 or april???

April 2011 or Month 4 2011?
    The date is not in the Chinese Lunar calender format. Nor will it ever be. No one uses the lunar calender like that anymore besides for things such as festival/holiday dates, or cultural reasons such as finding an auspicious date for marriage, moving house etc etc. Everything else is done by the Gregorian Calender, which has been adopted by the state.

ZJZ's dramas is well known for delays. The trailer was like from November, things happen. Plus April is not even finished yet.

And yes word for April in Chinese is literally "4th Moon". Thus 4th Month.
    Last edited by Plushie; 04-11-11 at 08:14 PM.
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

ABCD99 I was watching episode one of jianghu fansub three kingdoms episode 1 and I notice that sometime the subtitle blend in with the color of the video and it makes it hard to read. Why didn't you guys just make it like the chinese subtitle and leave it down in the black spot below the video? like in this picture I'm just saying this so that you guys can consider it for the journey to the west 2011 project

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/1179/gy123.jpg')

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    The date is not in the Chinese Lunar calender format. Nor will it ever be. No one uses the lunar calender like that anymore besides for things such as festival/holiday dates, or cultural reasons such as finding an auspicious date for marriage, moving house etc etc. Everything else is done by the Gregorian Calender, which has been adopted by the state.

ZJZ's dramas is well known for delays. The trailer was like from November, things happen. Plus April is not even finished yet.

And yes word for April in Chinese is literally "4th Moon". Thus 4th Month.

It's the last day of April 2011 western calender north america pacific time and still no sign of episode 1 of Joruney to the West 2011.
    I think I figure you out now plushie along with some other people that said ZJZ drama series are well known for not being on time. You're just saying that to deny the fact that I was right about Journey to the West is a big thing in china and that they are doing this for traidtional value.

So now according to the chinese caldendar table chart conversion. The 4th month will start on May 3rd of western calendar and end on June first of 2011 western calendar.

what do you got to say now plushie???

@IPlayWow
    you're a troll. ill bite.
    you are obviously NOT chinese...stop spewing ignorance and go do something else, something preferably productive.
    nobody today uses lunar calendar to publicize release dates. plushie is 100% right.

Quote Originally Posted by aelitis View Post
    @IPlayWow
    you are obviously NOT chinese...stop spewing ignorance and go do something else, something preferably productive.
    nobody today uses lunar calendar to publicize release dates. plushie is 100% right.

Do you have any proof or are you gonna just say I'm a troll? please I want proof on what you say????
    If you say Plushie is right than why is it not out yet? and it's already may first, no sign of journey to the west 2011 being aired yet. so why are you saying plushie is right??

so you saying that you will bite? is that some kind of a threat? oh wow why are you making threat over the internet???

I never said I was chinese you numb moron.

hmmm the release date of last year moon cakes was based on chinese calendar so obviously you're a little extragrerated on what you said about nobody today uses lunar calendar to publicize release dates. Well it wasn't world wide but it was kinda around the town I live in. So that's enough public attention of 10 thousand something people.

How are you going to bite? ahahahah

Peace! No need to get personal. Keeping arguments to the subject shows respect to the very ideal of a forum (whether it be in Ancient Greece or modern internet).

The delays to broadcast is not about Plushie or the finer differences between calendar types. If it is about anything, it is about the post-production process. Post-production deadlines are more often than not as predictable as labour due dates .

Honestly, I'd rather broadcast be delayed if it means more time for quality editing. We can complain about delayed broadcast or we can complain about poorly edited films - can't have both.

I'm really impressed by the nod to Middle Eastern themes, costumes, interior design. Then again, ZJZ has a lot of money to splash this time round I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    Peace! No need to get personal. Keeping arguments to the subject shows respect to the very ideal of a forum (whether it be in Ancient Greece or modern internet).

The delays to broadcast is not about Plushie or the finer differences between calendar types. If it is about anything, it is about the post-production process. Post-production deadlines are more often than not as predictable as labour due dates .

Honestly, I'd rather broadcast be delayed if it means more time for quality editing. We can complain about delayed broadcast or we can complain about poorly edited films - can't have both.

I'm really impressed by the nod to Middle Eastern themes, costumes, interior design. Then again, ZJZ has a lot of money to splash this time round I suppose.

NO, the trailer clearly said 4th month 2011. But because of POOR english Translation, it some how get translated in April 2011.

April is the english word for the 4th month of the year but when translated into chinese you will surely get something else.

Tell the aelitis person peace for he or she have threaten to bite me or something and calling me names that doesn't make any sense and he or she doesn't have proof on what he or she is talking about.

April is the english word for the 4th month of the year but when translated into chinese you will surely get something else.
    There is only time differences between Gregorian and Lunar 4th month - not different enough to suggest distinct semantic confusion. "4th month/April" does not mean something entirely different in Chinese. If you believe this is so, I suggest you compare semantics between the two languages for April.

From the language, a personal attack was made...I suggest you bring it up with the moderators if you feel offended enough to warrant action. Although, the expression "bite me" has many connotations. In this day and age, its usage is rather mild, as in a sort of cocky invitation for an argument, without actually meaning it. I think you are taking the expression in its literal form, which I'm sure in English-speaking societies, no one would actually expect.

I meant "peace" for both - without laying blame on anyone. If resolution is what you want, bring in a moderator and settle it via PM. Keeping forums civil and comfortable for posting is paramount I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    There is only time differences between Gregorian and Lunar 4th month - not different enough to suggest distinct semantic confusion. "4th month/April" does not mean something entirely different in Chinese. If you believe this is so, I suggest you compare semantics between the two languages for April.

From the language, a personal attack was made...I suggest you bring it up with the moderators if you feel offended enough to warrant action. Although, the expression "bite me" has many connotations. In this day and age, its usage is rather mild, as in a sort of cocky invitation for an argument, without actually meaning it. I think you are taking the expression in its literal form, which I'm sure in English-speaking societies, no one would actually expect.

I meant "peace" for both - without laying blame on anyone. If resolution is what you want, bring in a moderator and settle it via PM. Keeping forums civil and comfortable for posting is paramount I believe.

""I meant "peace" for both - without laying blame on anyone. If resolution is what you want, bring in a moderator and settle it via PM. Keeping forums civil and comfortable for posting is paramount I believe.""

Well that's what I want too but you can't expect me to be nice if somebody is saying something like stop spewing ignorance. That person is saying it without having any proof or evidence or I bet they don't even know what they're talking about.

Isn't there anybody here who can discuss journey to the west and chinese culture without hot looking girls and cute looking actor?

Hey that person can argue with me all he or she want but just don't say things like be quiet and stuff. It just make me assume that the person is ignorance of the topic in general and is just telling other people to be quiet be cause he or she can't say anything else with proof to counter the topic or question or something.
    Last edited by IPlayWow; 05-01-11 at 01:43 PM.

Do you have any proof or are you gonna just say I'm a troll? please I want proof on what you say????

so you saying that you will bite? is that some kind of a threat? oh wow why are you making threat over the internet???

How are you going to bite? ahahahah
    Sigh..... I was going to ignore this but I do have to defend aelitis somewhat since you've obviously misunderstood what he/she meant by "I'll Bite". I do admit his/her tone and words comes off as a bit abrasive but he/she is not threatening you in anyway.

What she meant is that, your earlier post is obviously written to fish for argument, because that's what trolls do. Check definition of a troll.

Therefore, she's "biting" your fishing line (replying to your post) even if she knows you are trolling. Now whether or not you are actually trolling is another matter. Please don't take this as me calling you a troll, I'm just explaining aelitis' reasoning.

If you say Plushie is right than why is it not out yet? and it's already may first, no sign of journey to the west 2011 being aired yet. so why are you saying plushie is right??
    Aelitis is agreeing with my statement that no one uses the Lunar Calendar for release dates anymore. Like I said in my post above, no one uses the Lunar calendar anymore except for holidays related reasons, cultural reasons (such as finding an auspicious day to get married), religious reasons and perhaps some practical reasons such as tides and farming. Release dates is not one of them. Even if they did use it they would specify on the trailer and write: 农历四月 2011(Lunar Calendar April 2011). If they didn't, it would only causes confusion since everyone will assume it's a Gregorian Calendar date.

I also don't understand your question. When have I ever said the drama would be out in April? All I have been trying to do is tell you that there is no way that the date is in Lunar Calendar format and that most likely it will not be out in April. And is hasn't.In fact, I've been trying to tell you that since ZJZ's dramas are usually prone to delays, it will most likely air at a much later date.

Current date being thrown in the tiebas right now is the summer, around August of this year.

hmmm the release date of last year moon cakes was based on chinese calendar so obviously you're a little extragrerated on what you said about nobody today uses lunar calendar to publicize release dates. Well it wasn't world wide but it was kinda around the town I live in. So that's enough public attention of 10 thousand something people.
    Again I never said no one uses the lunar calendar, just not for release dates! I will say it again, the Chinese calendar is still used for holiday reasons, and other things I'm not going to repeat a third time.

Moon cake is a festival/holiday related item. It is associated with the Mid-Autumn Festival.

Well that's what I want too but you can't expect me to be nice if somebody is saying something like stop spewing ignorance. That person is saying it without having any proof or evidence or I bet they don't even know what they're talking about.

Hey that person can argue with me all he or she want but just don't say things like be quiet and stuff. It just make me assume that the person is ignorance of the topic in general and is just telling other people to be quiet be cause he or she can't say anything else with proof to counter the topic or question or something.
    Not to mean offense, but you really don't sound like you know what you are talking about. That's perfectly fine, because hey, it's great you are so interested on the topic of Chinese culture.
    However, I've been trying to explain that it's impossible for the date to be in lunar calendar format but you were not listening.

You bring up the question about April being translated into something else in Chinese. This is an odd question as I already explained that in Chinese, April is literally "4th Month". There is no "April" in Chinese.
    If you were confused because you'd don't understand how people can differentiate between the 4th month of the Gregorian calender and the 4th month of the lunar calendar, I'll explain right now.

Like NuDaFu says, the difference between the dates is a time difference only. The difference is not enough to warrant a distinct semantic change. Since the Chinese have adopted the Gregorian Calendar as the state calendar, everything is written under that assumption. If there really was a need to specify then they would write lunar calendar then the month and date.
    Last edited by Plushie; 05-01-11 at 04:35 PM.
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

This forum really needs to implement an "ignore" function.

That way, 35 moronic posts would magically disappear.
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    Sigh..... I was going to ignore this but I do have to defend aelitis somewhat since you've obviously misunderstood what he/she meant by "I'll Bite". I do admit his/her tone and words comes off as a bit abrasive but he/she is not threatening you in anyway.

What she meant is that, your earlier post is obviously written to fish for argument, because that's what trolls do. Check definition of a troll.

Therefore, she's "biting" your fishing line (replying to your post) even if she knows you are trolling. Now whether or not you are actually trolling is another matter. Please don't take this as me calling you a troll, I'm just explaining aelitis' reasoning.

Aelitis is agreeing with my statement that no one uses the Lunar Calendar for release dates anymore. Like I said in my post above, no one uses the Lunar calendar anymore except for holidays related reasons, cultural reasons (such as finding an auspicious day to get married), religious reasons and perhaps some practical reasons such as tides and farming. Release dates is not one of them. Even if they did use it they would specify on the trailer and write: 农历四月 2011(Lunar Calendar April 2011). If they didn't, it would only causes confusion since everyone will assume it's a Gregorian Calendar date.

I also don't understand your question. When have I ever said the drama would be out in April? All I have been trying to do is tell you that there is no way that the date is in Lunar Calendar format and that most likely it will not be out in April. And is hasn't.In fact, I've been trying to tell you that since ZJZ's dramas are usually prone to delays, it will most likely air at a much later date.

Current date being thrown in the tiebas right now is the summer, around August of this year.

Again I never said no one uses the lunar calendar, just not for release dates! I will say it again, the Chinese calendar is still used for holiday reasons, and other things I'm not going to repeat a third time.

Moon cake is a festival/holiday related item. It is associated with the Mid-Autumn Festival.

Not to mean offense, but you really don't sound like you know what you are talking about. That's perfectly fine, because hey, it's great you are so interested on the topic of Chinese culture.
    However, I've been trying to explain that it's impossible for the date to be in lunar calendar format but you were not listening.

You bring up the question about April being translated into something else in Chinese. This is an odd question as I already explained that in Chinese, April is literally "4th Month". There is no "April" in Chinese.
    If you were confused because you'd don't understand how people can differentiate between the 4th month of the Gregorian calender and the 4th month of the lunar calendar, I'll explain right now.

Like NuDaFu says, the difference between the dates is a time difference only. The difference is not enough to warrant a distinct semantic change. Since the Chinese have adopted the Gregorian Calendar as the state calendar, everything is written under that assumption. If there really was a need to specify then they would write lunar calendar then the month and date.

Originally Posted by aelitis View Post
    @IPlayWow

hmmm the release date of last year moon cakes was based on chinese calendar so obviously you're a little extragrerated on what you said about nobody today uses lunar calendar to publicize release dates. Well it wasn't world wide but it was kinda around the town I live in. So that's enough public attention of 10 thousand something people. <<<<<<<<< Plushie I didn't say that to you, I was saying it to aelitis. please read carefully before you type.

Plushie on page 15 on one of your post this is exactly what you said and I'm copying and pasting it.

""
    BTW very rarely does China use the lunar calender for major release dates. I for one have never seen it used. When they say April they mean April. Also, they were planning to release it in April. ""

and than up top on page 16 you said

""ZJZ's dramas is well known for delays. The trailer was like from November, things happen. Plus April is not even finished yet. ""

now about april. okay I want you to ask most elderly chinese to translate the word april into chinese and see how many difference result you can get??? and than take the 4th month word in chinese and translate it into english. Surely that would confuse many people.

I was reading on the jiang hu fansub facebook thingy and they were saying they are having a hard time translating three kingdoms 2010 so this is kinda part of where I'm basing my confusion on. It's hard to translate from chinese into english you know. You might never get the right translation correctly 100 percent. and as I have said before. Tian can also be jian, it also depend on north south east west chinese. hong kong chinese. taiwan chinese. Do you know pinyin? they revised that over and over since the 80s.

We in Jiang Hu have been fansubbing for years and we've never found any release date specified in terms of lunar calendar year (except Chinese New Year). All use Gregorian calendar. Even if the movie is released in Chinese New Year, it is always accompanied with the equivalent Gregorian calendar. We've subbed Zhang Ji Zhong's dramas before (Sword Stained with Royal Blood 2007, Royal Tramp 2008, Paladins in Troubled Times 2008, Heavenly Sword Dragon Saber 2009) and we know that he's notorious for delays. This is why I posted a question so that we can allocate personnel accordingly.

The difficulties in translating the Three Kingdoms 2010 is entirely different matter altogether. This is because:
    1. The language used in the movie is mostly ancient (though we spotted some anachronistic middle- and late-Chinese here and there).
    2. Deep knowledge in culture and history is required to put every dialog in perspective.
    3. Deep knowledge in literature is a must to interpret poems, proverbs, among others.
    4. Deep knowledge in political system of the time to translate ranks and titles.
    5. Deep knowledge in geography of the time for place names and interpretation of travel times, etc.

However, this is *nothing* to do with the release date announcement at all, which was in Gregorian. If I remember it correctly, the Three Kingdoms 2010 release date was kept and the broadcast was on time.

Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow
    Tian can also be jian, it also depend on north south east west chinese. hong kong chinese. taiwan chinese. Do you know pinyin? they revised that over and over since the 80s
    Pinyin is irrelevant since our translators can read Chinese characters, simplified or traditional. This should cover any Chinese-speaking region. We've never found any Chinese today still uses lunar calendar for anything other than for traditional ceremonies, as Plushie has said. So far, we've never found any further info about or updates on ZJZ's JTTW release date from any Chinese news site.

IPlayWow, please refrain from making any comments about this because it is evident that your information is inaccurate. We, as a fansub group, want accurate information on the release date, again, for personnel allocation purposes. If you do have updates, please inform everyone here and you'll be appreciated. I believe nobody here appreciates your keep raising fuss over something immaterial like this. Also, if I may suggest you, please refrain from being condescending in your attitude. It is not nice. Thanks.
    Jiang Hu, a Wuxia fansubbing team
    Currently seeking for more help!

Quote Originally Posted by abcd99 View Post
    We in Jiang Hu have been fansubbing for years and we've never found any release date specified in terms of lunar calendar year (except Chinese New Year). All use Gregorian calendar. Even if the movie is released in Chinese New Year, it is always accompanied with the equivalent Gregorian calendar. We've subbed Zhang Ji Zhong's dramas before (Sword Stained with Royal Blood 2007, Royal Tramp 2008, Paladins in Troubled Times 2008, Heavenly Sword Dragon Saber 2009) and we know that he's notorious for delays. This is why I posted a question so that we can allocate personnel accordingly.

The difficulties in translating the Three Kingdoms 2010 is entirely different matter altogether. This is because:
    1. The language used in the movie is mostly ancient (though we spotted some anachronistic middle- and late-Chinese here and there).
    2. Deep knowledge in culture and history is required to put every dialog in perspective.
    3. Deep knowledge in literature is a must to interpret poems, proverbs, among others.
    4. Deep knowledge in political system of the time to translate ranks and titles.
    5. Deep knowledge in geography of the time for place names and interpretation of travel times, etc.

However, this is *nothing* to do with the release date announcement at all, which was in Gregorian. If I remember it correctly, the Three Kingdoms 2010 release date was kept and the broadcast was on time.

Pinyin is irrelevant since our translators can read Chinese characters, simplified or traditional. This should cover any Chinese-speaking region. We've never found any Chinese today still uses lunar calendar for anything other than for traditional ceremonies, as Plushie has said. So far, we've never found any further info about or updates on ZJZ's JTTW release date from any Chinese news site.

IPlayWow, please refrain from making any comments about this because it is evident that your information is inaccurate. We, as a fansub group, want accurate information on the release date, again, for personnel allocation purposes. If you do have updates, please inform everyone here and you'll be appreciated. I believe nobody here appreciates your keep raising fuss over something immaterial like this. Also, if I may suggest you, please refrain from being condescending in your attitude. It is not nice. Thanks.

First there is something to do with the release date because as I have said before. The trailer clearly show the word month 4 in chinese and also the word april in english. My thought would be the person making that trailer at the time didn't know how to translate from 4th month chinese into something english..... so he or she just put April.

BeiJing used to be call Peking. there are still many words pinyin being revised today. very confusing for some people.

Same with you guys doing your translation. Sometimes it cannot be fully accurate when you translate it into english. How many times do I have to keep explaining that? Just because you never found it doesn't mean someone have done it.

This is an disccusion board...I could careless if people hate me or not as I'm only being straight up and honest about what I'm saying and trying not to harm anyone feeling like the princekrillo guy and aelitis by saying things like get a life and stop spewing nonsense you're a troll and stuff.

I'm here to discuss journey to the west and chinese culture.

I think I know where princekrillo and aelitis is coming from when they say those things like get a life, stop spewing nonsense, you're a troll, and many other like quote from prince kirllo """ This forum really needs to implement an "ignore" function.That way, 35 moronic posts would magically disappear. """

They probably are real chinese. But probably not the nice chinese people that I know from where I live. They probably or it's probably not even their fault that they grew up in a communist dictate society. Now don't get me wrong, I love china culture and everything about china except for the fact that's it's being run by a communist government.

now as I know about communist in china, they tend to silence everything when they cannot win the arguement. they tell people to be quiet about thing. they beat people when the people try to talk about it as you guys know tinamien square 1989 demonstration, the chinese communist government used force to silence the word of the people. Now prince krillo and aelitis is not using force or anything but they certainly have this type of attitude where if they cannot win an arguement with proper evidence, they will just tell the other side to stop talking nonsense and be quiet...

wasn't google censor by china communist? china communist always try to censor things someway somehow. For that I say it's not really princekrillo and aelitis fault that they are talking this way.

They probably are real chinese. But probably not the nice chinese people that I know from where I live. They probably or it's probably not even their fault that they grew up in a communist dictate society. Now don't get me wrong, I love china culture and everything about china except for the fact that's it's being run by a communist government.

now as I know about communist in china, they tend to silence everything when they cannot win the arguement. they tell people to be quiet about thing. they beat people when the people try to talk about it as you guys know tinamien square 1989 demonstration, the chinese communist government used force to silence the word of the people. Now prince krillo and aelitis is not using force or anything but they certainly have this type of attitude where if they cannot win an arguement with proper evidence, they will just tell the other side to stop talking nonsense and be quiet...

wasn't google censor by china communist? china communist always try to censor things someway somehow. For that I say it's not really princekrillo and aelitis fault that they are talking this way.

Yeah ... you're right. You're not a troll at all.

So first you claim that you're trying to discuss Chinese dramas, and then you go off on a POLITICAL rant? Wow ... just wow.

And just for the record (not that I have to answer anything to you), I grew up here in the USA and am a capitalist. However, unlike you, I know better than to start debating politics ... especially on a forum about TELEVISION. *scoff*

The people on this forum are just too nice to rip into you. On any other discussion board, you'd have been ripped apart by now. Talk about flamebait.

From your 30+ posts of nonsense, it seems obvious that you're either nine years old or have suffered some sort of brain damage. Please. Get help.

(and don't quote me asking me to provide "proof")
    Last edited by PrinceKrillo; 05-01-11 at 11:55 PM.
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceKrillo View Post
    Yeah ... you're right. You're not a troll at all.

So first you claim that you're trying to discuss Chinese dramas, and then you go off on a POLITICAL rant? Wow ... just wow.

And just for the record (not that I have to answer anything to you), I grew up here in the USA and am a capitalist. However, unlike you, I know better than to start debating politics ... especially on a forum about TELEVISION. *scoff*

The people on this forum are just too nice to rip into you. On any other discussion board, you'd have been ripped apart by now. Talk about flamebait.

From your 30+ posts of nonsense, it seems obvious that you're either nine years old or have suffered some sort of brain damage. Please. Get help.

(and don't quote me asking me to provide "proof")

first if I'm a 9 years old than I must be some sort of genius to be able to counter what you're saying. Second how can someone with brain damage be able to type all this stuff up? It seem to me like you're the one that's talking nonsense not me.

and don't quote you for proof? why is it seem like you want me to not questions you and only listen and obey?

you say you grew up here in america than you must have heard or watch the cartoon show call king of the hill. Hank Hill love propane and he will argue with anyone that have problem with propane until he get straight with them about it. now I guess I'm sort of the same as Hank about journey to the west. this is like my favorite tv show of all time even though i'm not chinese and if you come on here and talk, I will talk back.

listen I'm not gonna stop argueing with you as long as you have something to say I'll read about it and than counter you back because I don't believe in dictatorship where only one side can talk.
    Last edited by IPlayWow; 05-02-11 at 01:18 AM.

@IPlayWow

Alright. I've been trying to be nice. In fact, I've kept my replies quite civil but you are really grating on my nerves. Your comments to the Jianghu Subbing team has really annoyed me. I don't think you understand how condescending you sound sometimes. Your condescending attitude, paired with the fact that it is obvious you know very little of Chinese culture and the Chinese language, makes up for a very unlikable combination.

People here have been quite nice. They've been patient in answering your questions but all you have done is ignore their explanations and keep arguing on the topic. You are not listening at all. It's like talking to a wall. Actually, I am beginning to wonder if English is your first language, because if it isn't then many things would make sense.

You've also been conducting yourself in a confrontational manner, one that can be off putting.

Worst, you've been condescending towards the wonderful Jianghu subbing group who provide quality subs of C-Dramas for free. They are probably one of the best subbing group in terms of quality of translations, especially since many of the dramas they take on are hard to translate. Also, considering you are getting any English subs at all should make it a privilege.

From your few posts, I can tell you that the Jianghu translators are light years ahead compare to you at doing their jobs and with their understanding of Chinese culture. You should not even be questioning their ability to translate. Also if you ever translated anything, you'd know that there is no way you can keep everything 100%. Something will always be lost in translation.

First there is something to do with the release date because as I have said before. The trailer clearly show the word month 4 in chinese and also the word april in english. My thought would be the person making that trailer at the time didn't know how to translate from 4th month chinese into something english..... so he or she just put April.

BeiJing used to be call Peking. there are still many words pinyin being revised today. very confusing for some people.
    I don't know how many times I have to explain this. The translator is not wrong in translating 4th month into April. "4th month" is the Chinese equivalent of April. The "4th month" in the trailer means April in the Calender. You go ahead and ask any Chinese in your hometown. Ask them to write April, they will be sure to write "4th Moon" in reply.

Words in pinyin are not being "revised". Peking is the old English name for Beijing (It's like how Bombay is the old name for Mumbai.). The word itself in Chinese has not changed. The only thing that has is the English counterpart.

The reason why there can be many different spellings is due to different systems of romanization such as the Wade-Giles system. Wade-Giles by the way is still used in Taiwan.

I'm not even going to bother replying in regards to what you wrote above. All I can say is, it only serves to highlight how little you know of China, socially and politically.

And thank you for just calling 1.3 billion real Chinese people not "nice" because they are obviously brainwashed and oppressed by their government. I'm sorry but how you must be quivering! Especially with 1.3 billion of them brainwashed meanies like PrinceKrillo running around. Because obviously they must be real Chinese people, being all mean and stuff, not letting you talk. <---- sarcasm by the way. If you are slow on the uptake.

first if I'm a 9 years old than I must be some sort of genius to be able to counter what you're saying. Second how can someone with brain damage be able to type all this stuff up? It seem to me like you're the one that's talking nonsense not me.

and don't quote you for proof? why is it seem like you want me to not questions you and only listen and obey?

you say you grew up here in america than you must have heard or watch the cartoon show call king of the hill. Hank Hill love propane and he will argue with anyone that have problem with propane until he get straight with them about it. now I guess I'm sort of the same as Hank about journey to the west. this is like my favorite tv show of all time even though i'm not chinese and if you come on here and talk, I will talk back.

listen I'm not gonna stop argueing with you as long as you have something to say I'll read about it and than counter you back because I don't believe in dictatorship where only one side can talk.
    I think you are the one who doesn't understand. No one wants you to just listen and obey. They just want you to drop the subject so we can all get on with chatting about the actual drama instead of reading to your ignorant and condescending posts.

And no you are not a genius at all. You call that countering? You are in fact just countering with more of your ignorance. If anything, every single post you write proves more and more of how little you know. You act like a spoiled child who has just been told the Earth is not flat but refuses to believe.

PS. This is the last post I will be posting in reply to you. And no it's not because you won or anything. It's because I don't even want to bother with it since it's a waste of my time. .
    Last edited by Plushie; 05-02-11 at 03:28 AM.

you say you grew up here in america than you must have heard or watch the cartoon show call king of the hill. Hank Hill love propane and he will argue with anyone that have problem with propane until he get straight with them about it.
    ... what is WRONG with you? Are you actually typing these words?

This is the most random, off-topic thing I have ever read. Anywhere.
    张影焰 Shadowblaze