Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: New Xi You Ji - Journey to the West (Zhang Ji Zhong 2009/2010 version)

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    @IPlayWow

Alright. I've been trying to be nice. In fact, I've kept my replies quite civil but you are really grating on my nerves. Your comments to the Jianghu Subbing team has really annoyed me. I don't think you understand how condescending you sound sometimes.

People here have been quite nice. They've been patient in answering your questions but all you have done is ignore their explanations and keep arguing on the topic. You are not listening at all. It's like talking to a wall. Actually, I am beginning to wonder if English is your first language, because if it isn't then many things would make sense.

You've also been conducting yourself in a confrontational manner, one that can be off putting.

Worst, you've been condescending towards the wonderful Jianghu subbing group who provide quality subs of C-Dramas for free. They are probably one of the best subbing group in terms of quality of translations, especially since many of the dramas they take on are hard to translate. Also, considering you are getting any English subs at all should make it a privilege.

From your few posts, I can tell you that the Jianghu translators are light years ahead compare to you at doing their jobs and with their understanding of Chinese culture. You should not even be questioning their ability to translate. Also if you ever translatied anything, you'd know that there is no way you can keep everything 100%. Something will always be lost in translation.

I don't know how many times I have to explain this. The translator is not wrong in translating 4th month into April. "4th month" is the Chinese equivalent of April. The "4th month" in the trailer means April in the Calender. You go ahead and ask any Chinese in your hometown. Ask them to write April, they will be sure to write "4th Moon" in reply.

Words in pinyin are not being "revised". Peking is the old English name for Beijing (It's like how Bombay is the old name for Mumbai.). The word itself in Chinese has not changed. The only thing that has is the English counterpart.

The reason why there can be many different spellings is due to different systems of romanization such as the Wade-Giles system. Wade-Giles by the way is still used in Taiwan.

I'm not even going to bother replying in regards to what you wrote above. All I can say is, it only serves to highlight how little you know of China, socially and politically.

And thank you for just calling 1.3 billion real Chinese people not "nice" because they are obviously brainwashed and oppressed by their government. I'm sorry but how you must be quivering! Especially with 1.3 billion of them brainwahsed meanies like PrinceKrillo running around. <---- sarcasm by the way. If you are slow on the uptake.

I think you are the one who doesn't understand. No one wants you to just listen and obey. They just want you to drop the subject so we can all get on with chatting about the actual drama instead of reading to your ignorant and condescending posts.

And no you are not a genius at all. You call that countering? You are in fact just countering with more of your ignorance. If anything, every single post you write proves more and more of how little you know. You act like a spoiled child who has just been told the Earth is not flat but refuses to believe.

PS. This is the last post I will be posting in reply to you. And no it's not because you won or anything. It's because I don't even want to bother with it since it's a waste of my time. .

""""From your few posts, I can tell you that the Jianghu translators are light years ahead compare to you at doing their jobs and with their understanding of Chinese culture. You should not even be questioning their ability to translate. Also if you ever translatied anything, you'd know that there is no way you can keep everything 100%. Something will always be lost in translation.""""

so there you said it nothing can be completely trnslated 100 percent ayyyy? So there is still some percent of me being right with the person that put April for the 4th month in the journey to the west 2011 trailer.

""""People here have been quite nice. They've been patient in answering your questions but all you have done is ignore their explanations and keep arguing on the topic. You are not listening at all. It's like talking to a wall. Actually, I am beginning to wonder if English is your first language, because if it isn't then many things would make sense.""""

If I ignore their explanation than I wouldn't even reply at all.

""""I'm not even going to bother replying in regards to what you wrote above. All I can say is, it only serves to highlight how little you know of China, socially and politically.

And thank you for just calling 1.3 billion real Chinese people not "nice" because they are obviously brainwashed and oppressed by their government. I'm sorry but how you must be quivering! Especially with 1.3 billion of them brainwahsed meanies like PrinceKrillo running around. <---- sarcasm by the way. If you are slow on the uptake. """"

chinese communist all they do is bully and dictate people. Tinamien square 1989 is the proof and nothing really changed after that, the chinese communist government is still bullying people around. What was that about on the news recently about china trying to take some small island from the philipine? I don't wanna really learn about communist or dictatorship. What a bad form of government for the people. Just destroy them so the people can live better. So what else is there to know about china politically?

Socially? <<< Well what do you mean by that?

""""I think you are the one who doesn't understand. No one wants you to just listen and obey. They just want you to drop the subject so we can all get on with chatting about the actual drama instead of reading to your ignorant and condescending posts.

And no you are not a genius at all. You call that countering? You are in fact just countering with more of your ignorance. If anything, every single post you write proves more and more of how little you know. You act like a spoiled child who has just been told the Earth is not flat but refuses to believe."""

How do you know no one wanna read what I'm saying? Are you able to read other people mind? 6-7 billion people?

Well I never said I was a genius? I was saying if I was a 9 years old and I could type all this stuff up than I must be some sort of genius.

If anything, every single post I write proves more and more of how little I know??? Know what?
    I act like a child? okay???

I'm only acting like a person that wanna learn something. If I don't understand than I will questions and talk about it more and more. If you're not going to answer me than someone else probably will.

So what if you're not going to be nice or not? We don't even know each other in real life.

I never wanted to win anything on this site. oh I get it now, you want to win this arguement. It just make you mad isn't it? cause I'm still talking and there's really nothing you can do about it? Yeah that's right this is not china. you can't censor me.

^^ @IPlayWow

K I'll eat my words for a moment and reply (Last reply honest! ). This is just too delicious not to eat up.

For someone who claims he's trying to learn things, you certainly don't act like one.

No, there is no chance that you are right in regards to the April and "4th month" issue. I'm tired of explaining that to you. Others have filled in on it as well but all our explanations are obviously worthless to you. Your ideas and reasoning are right and none of ours are.

Also, you keep on misinterpreting people's words. Example: with aelitis' "I'll bite" and now obviously with what I meant by things getting lost in translation. I don't know if it's because you honestly don't understand English well, or you just chose to interpret what you read however you like it to be.

And yes you do ignore explanations because questions that have been answered numerous times are still being asked by you. I don't know how much clearer we can be with the explanation on the Lunar calendar and 4th month issue. I can only assume you can't comprehend what is being explained to you.

Also, you have the internet. Look up the word "socially" yourself. Not that it makes a difference since you seem to be one of those black and white Americans who can't see in the shades of grey.

To make it clear, I'm not from China nor was I ever a Mainland Chinese citizen. I don't agree or support the Chinese communist government, but nor will I make such statements like you did in regards to the topic. To do so is just ignorant. The situation in China today is far more complicated and grey than you would ever hope to understand.

And no, I don't want to win and I really don't care to. I also don't want to censor you because you provide such entertainment with your replies. Honestly, I don't need to prove my point, you've already done it for me.

Anyways have fun.
    Last edited by Plushie; 05-02-11 at 05:00 AM.
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    ^^ @IPlayWow

K I'll eat my words for a moment and reply (Last reply honest! ). This is just too delicious not to eat up.

For someone who claims he's trying to learn things, you certainly don't act like one.

No, there is no chance that you are right in regards to the April and "4th month" issue. I'm tired of explaining that to you. Others have filled in on it as well but all our explanations are obviously worthless to you. Your ideas and reasoning are right and none of ours are.

Also, you keep on misinterpreting people's words. Example: with aelitis' "I'll bite" and now obviously with what I meant by things getting lost in translation. I don't know if it's because you honestly don't understand English well, or you just chose to interpret what you read however you like it to be.

And yes you do ignore explanations because questions that have been answered numerous times are still being asked by you. I don't know how much clearer we can be with the explanation on the Lunar calendar and 4th month issue. I can only assume you can't comprehend what is being explained to you.

Also, you have the internet. Look up the word "socially" yourself. Not that it makes a difference since you seem to be one of those black and white Americans who can't see in the shades of grey.

To make it clear, I'm not from China nor was I ever a Mainland Chinese citizen. I don't agree or support the Chinese communist government, but nor will I make such statements like you did in regards to the topic. To do so is just ignorant. The situation in China today is far more complicated and grey than you would ever hope to understand.

And no, I don't want to win and I really don't care to. I also don't want to censor you because you provide such entertainment with your replies. Honestly, I don't need to prove my point, you've already done it for me.

Anyways have fun.

""""PS. This is the last post I will be posting in reply to you. And no it's not because you won or anything. It's because I don't even want to bother with it since it's a waste of my time. .""" <<<<<<<<< You typed that didn't you??

Well now it seems like you're a hypocrite going back on your own words. hmmmm where did I learn this? oh that's right communist china is hypocrite. they say one thing and do another just like what you're doing on here by replying to me plushie.

I'm sorry but now that I know you don't keep your words. Everything you have replied to me on this forum, I will consider them invalid point do it doesn't matter.

Okay so as you guys wanted or abcd99 wanted to know about the latest info of journey to the west 2011.

Well I think I found a new trailer. I don't know about you guys but this one certainly look very new to me and the posting date was 4/29/2011. altthough I have no idea why it say unofficial. it look very legit.

Wow, that is a great find. This trailer blows what we've seen before completely out the water!

Aside from the superb production values, there are some other points I wanted to make regarding that trailer:

1. Didn't see Shu Chang (who plays the Queen of Women's Country) in the video ... what's up with that?

2. Ady An Yi Xuan looks fantastic as the Skeleton Demon

‎3. Still can't get over how amazing the Saint of Nine Spirits (the nine-headed lion beast) looks in this series

4. The White Elephant King in gargantuan beast form? Holy ... crap. Enough said.

5. FLAMING HORSES RUNNING DOWN A MOUNTAIN??!!! ...WHAT IN THE HELL?!?!

6. Yang Jian looks SICK in this series! Of course nowadays, every series that has Yang Jian in it is ripping off his silver armor costume from the Lotus Lantern Trilogy
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

pause at 2 min 2 second or 2 min 3 second. Monkey king snowboarding or something

After some sleuthing, I found that the release date was indeed April (NOT fourth month of lunar calendar as IPlayWow has incorrectly asserted), but ZJZ got problems with Chinese Censor Board (CCB). CCB recently "strongly discouraged individual application cases of supernatural and time-travel dramas compiled mythical tales indiscriminately" (original announcement here), saying "Their plots are bizarre and involve absurd approaches, and they even explicitly promote feudalistic superstition, fatalism, and reincarnation. Their values are confused, and are lacking in positive thoughts and ideas." This was a push by CCB to promote "nationalism-oriented movies" and require "TV stations at all levels be proactively involved in preparing and launching vivid reconstruction of the Chinese revolution, the history spanned from the establishment of China to the Deng Xiaoping's revolution, which would really be an outstanding art that reveals the great course of struggle of all racial groups under the (communist) party (i.e., the CCP) for a great gift present to the party's 90th anniversary."

After gathering some info, it looks like ZJZ pushed the release date into summer, possibly July (CCP's anniversary is July 1). This is according to local news. (Representative evidence: here and here) But some said it might be pushed even further since some websites, such as here, list the release date as "2011" only.
    Jiang Hu, a Wuxia fansubbing team
    Currently seeking for more help!

Quote Originally Posted by abcd99 View Post
    After some sleuthing, I found that the release date was indeed April (NOT fourth month of lunar calendar as IPlayWow has incorrectly asserted), but ZJZ got problems with Chinese Censor Board (CCB). CCB recently "strongly discouraged individual application cases of supernatural and time-travel dramas compiled mythical tales indiscriminately" (original announcement here), saying "Their plots are bizarre and involve absurd approaches, and they even explicitly promote feudalistic superstition, fatalism, and reincarnation. Their values are confused, and are lacking in positive thoughts and ideas." This was a push by CCB to promote "nationalism-oriented movies" and require "TV stations at all levels be proactively involved in preparing and launching vivid reconstruction of the Chinese revolution, the history spanned from the establishment of China to the Deng Xiaoping's revolution, which would really be an outstanding art that reveals the great course of struggle of all racial groups under the (communist) party (i.e., the CCP) for a great gift present to the party's 90th anniversary."

After gathering some info, it looks like ZJZ pushed the release date into summer, possibly July (CCP's anniversary is July 1). This is according to local news. (Representative evidence: here and here) But some said it might be pushed even further since some websites, such as here, list the release date as "2011" only.

If it might be out for summer than May 8, 2011 or 4th lunar month day 6 will be the starting of summer in china as this calendar chart shown here

http://www.chineseanimalsigns.com/ca...ignsdotcom.pdf

Either what you got from the other sites is right or they could just be doing it for summer vacation and the target audience will be the whole family watching it together at home like the good old days?

can someone find when do kids have summer vacation for school in china?

Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    can someone find when do kids have summer vacation for school in china?
    Mid July and all of August.

Quote Originally Posted by abcd99 View Post

After gathering some info, it looks like ZJZ pushed the release date into summer, possibly July (CCP's anniversary is July 1).
    Just a minor correction. Generally, after TV stations purchase dramas, they have the rights to show it. Of course, in the case of Zhang Jizhong dramas, what might happen is several channels will show it at once, which means a lot of collaboration. Either way, a lot of this could be out Zhang Jizhong's control (although it depends on the terms of his dramas).

Also, given that Zhang JIzhong's drama is an adaptation of the four classics, it wouldn't fit into the advised against categories. From the changing of shows, none of the TV channels had been planning to show XYJ soon even before the recent announcement.

okay so it's may 8 2011 or 4th lunar month day 6 in china summer time.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/5590/2011111.jpg')

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Happy Friday the 13th everyone.

Here is something new I found. Well it was posted on may 2 though.

That video was interesting. Thanks for posting it.

But it makes me a little sad that so much of it is digital. One of the things I really like about ZJZ's prior productions is all the location shooting. Digital is never as good as the real thing, and China is so full of beautiful architecture and wonderful landscapes. Save the digital effects for things that are too difficult to do with practical effects.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Anyone seen this? Japanese cartoon journey to the west.

I was chatting with this one person I met over on WoW and he told me that because 3 out of the 4 great four series have been out.... Three Kingdoms, Water Margin, Rose Mansion Dream.... Zhang JiZhong decided to save the best one for last and so we have to wait a little longer. And that guy I met on WoW showed me this website.

http://www.sun-tv.com.cn/2011/0210/140.html

and on the site it said the premiere date would be october 2011
    it also say that there is only 60 episodes??
    Last edited by IPlayWow; 06-02-11 at 06:26 AM.