Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: New Xi You Ji - Journey to the West (Zhang Ji Zhong 2009/2010 version)

Zhu Ba Jie

Tnag Monk Trailer

The original journey to the west was not just filmed in china but thailand too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    First of all,,, ANOTHER REMAKE??? Boy, they are REALLY OUT OF IDEAS!!!!! Each remake seems to get worse and worse and worse..... Also, anything made by ZJZ now doesn't seem to be that great anymore.... I wonder if this one will be more faithful to the novel than the 86 version??? The 86 version was great, but had to leave parts of the story out due to the length, but it was still really good and accurate. I hope that it won't be anything like Monkey King 3, gosh was that STUPID!!! I heard the AMerican movie version was REALLY BAD and insulting to the story and the Buddhism religion.

It's not that they are out of idea but it cause it been 20 years since the original mainland series. Journey to the west is a great story so why not remake it.
    the one with dicky cheung and benny chen are just for fun and laugh more comedy than seriousness.

reason 1 should be the original was great but the graphic are outdated and not in high def especially for the young teen new generation these days.

reason 2 should be you're right the original only have 25 episodes and didn't tell the whole story so there is a good reason why they need to remake a complete one.

reason 3 should be because back than they did not have the technology like they have now to make the magic look all good and stuff as you know jttw got alot of magic like the monkey king 72 transformation magic.

The original only had 25 episodes?? I swear it felt like way more...hmmm. I forget how much shorter TV dramas used to be back in the day. Now everyone likes dragging out the shows.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    The original only had 25 episodes?? I swear it felt like way more...hmmm. I forget how much shorter TV dramas used to be back in the day. Now everyone likes dragging out the shows.

well it was 25 eps but each episode is 1 hour long or 60 minutes. compare to these days series, each episode is range from 40-45 minutes. so you do the math.

20 x 25

it felt like more because.... you probably watched season 2 which was made like 10+ years after with the same actor and that one was so ignorant and boring that it didn't count.

Nope, did not watch the second one! (Or rather, I think I watched bits of it but yeah, it was awful so I never finished it...actually I forgot it even existed.) I didn't know eps used to be an hour long though, that's probably why it felt much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    It's not that they are out of idea but it cause it been 20 years since the original mainland series. Journey to the west is a great story so why not remake it.
    Well, technically, the Zhejiang version just came out last year (or was it this year), so it's actually been less than one year since the last remake

I think what really ticks people the wrong way is that they decided to make 2 remakes basically at the same time, and yet these producers would rather remake something that someone else is already remaking rather than choosing a new project with a new storyline. Most people don't have the attention span to watch 2 long series about the same story (that everyone already knows too well) all within the same year. I mean, all these different series about palace politics these days is already making my head swirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    Well, technically, the Zhejiang version just came out last year (or was it this year), so it's actually been less than one year since the last remake

I think what really ticks people the wrong way is that they decided to make 2 remakes basically at the same time, and yet these producers would rather remake something that someone else is already remaking rather than choosing a new project with a new storyline. Most people don't have the attention span to watch 2 long series about the same story (that everyone already knows too well) all within the same year. I mean, all these different series about palace politics these days is already making my head swirl.

The Zhejiang version is made based on a revision of the story so it doesn't count. unlike zhang jizhong and liu xiao ling tong version base on the original story. It looked like the zhejiang version putted alot of effort in with pretty girls but lacked good computer graphic. notice how the mountain that the monkey king was piled on, it looked so computerly done not giving it a more natural look. I'm pretty sure the zhejiang budget was higher than the original 86 version but where did all the money go?

Is ZJZ's version out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    Is ZJZ's version out yet?

if you would go back and read what i posted earlier, you would know,

http://www.sun-tv.com.cn/2011/0210/140.html

New trailer with voice audio found on tudou website with some words in the trailer saying...... Well I can't really read or understand a word lol but there is a number 7 so I'm guessing it will be for July.

Just need someone that can read and understand chinese to go check it out and see if I'm right it's for July.
    Here's the link
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/w6HAf5V6cks/

The trailer talks about Huo Yan Shan (Flaming Mountains), Pan Si Dong (Cave of the Spider Demons), Bai Gu Jing (White Bone Demon), Pi Pa Jing (Pipa Scorpion Demon), Nv Er Guo (Women's Country), and ...

... yes, states something to the effect of "this will broadcast in July."
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceKrillo View Post
    The trailer talks about Huo Yan Shan (Flaming Mountains), Pan Si Dong (Cave of the Spider Demons), Bai Gu Jing (White Bone Demon), Pi Pa Jing (Pipa Scorpion Demon), Nv Er Guo (Women's Country), and ...

... yes, states something to the effect of "this will broadcast in July."

What does the TVS4 mean? is that the channel that it gonna be broadcast on? anyone got the website to that tv station?

here's another trailer

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Fsrj3BRCC1k/

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceKrillo View Post
    I was recently thinking about how incredibly overrated Sun Wu Kong is in the Chinese community, as well as internationally. It's really quite amazing how misinformed 1.3 billion Chinese and hundreds and hundreds of millions of other people on this earth can be.

So just to set this record straight, in the Chinese Myth Universe, here is a list of at least five figures from Chinese Myth that ARE stronger, better, and therefore superior to that banana-brained primate (listed from MOST powerful to least):

1. Nü WA
    She is pretty much the equivalent of "GOD" in Chinese mythology, and I'm sure your ancestors (IF you're Chinese) believed wholeheartedly as much. Nü Wa, as I stated before, is truly omnipotent and more powerful than ANYONE else from either the Taoist or Buddhist Pantheons. She is by FAR the most supreme being in the Three Realms, and although the Lotus Lantern that she left behind is the most powerful artifact in the world of Chinese myth, and can greatly injure absolutely anyone it is used on, it is absolutely USELESS against its creator, Nü Wa. So in terms of rock-paper-scissors, Nü Wa is the "fourth element" that crushes all and is susceptible to nothing.

2. MO DI
    There's a reason why Nü Wa herself feared the evil power that her youngest son could (and would) unleash upon the Three Realms and made the decision to seal him up for the better part of eternity. The Demon Emperor Mo Di is absolutely the strongest force of "pure evil" that exists in the whole of Chinese mythology. In his purest, truest form, he is an infinite aura of darkness that incinerates and wipes from existence anyone he touches. Just as the Bao Lian Deng was formed from the Original Light, Mo Di was created from the Original Darkness. Of course, we know from Chuan Shuo (2010) that Mo Di can also take bodies for himself, possessing anyone weak enough to fall to his will. There are only a handful of figures strong enough to even withstand his power of possession to begin with. Mo Di is also a master manipulator who can argue "bad" into "good" and "wrong" into "right." Few minds are strong enough to withstand his power of reason. If Mo Di was ever allowed to be released into the universe again, the first thing he would do is take the entire realm of HELL for himself, because even Mo Zun Chong Lou, the Lord of Demons, would be foolish not to bow down before Mo Di.

3. SAN SHENG MU (W/ BAO LIAN DENG)
    We've already seen the kind of power that the Lotus Lantern is capable of. As long as San Sheng Mu has it in her hands and is utilizing its potential, not even the combined forces of her brother, Sun Wu Kong, and an entire army of gods and demons could stand a chance against her (it). Of course, anyone without evil intentions can utilize the lantern, but they must know the spell codes and must possess enough supernatural power and energy to do so. As the official keeper of the Bao Lian Deng, San Sheng Mu and it go hand-in-hand. Besides, Yang Jian used the lantern once to nearly r*** Sun Wu Kong. He was left a pathetic, brain-dead, snot-and-drool-drenched mess.

4. YANG JIAN
    Anyone who actually thinks Er Lang Shen and Sun Wu Kong are "equally matched" is a fool and a tool. In the three times that they have faced off against one another, the first time Yang Jian prevailed and did what 100,000 other Taoist gods and soldiers Heavenly Brigade could not. The second time, the match ended in a draw when the Jade Emperor broke them up. The third time, Yang Jian used the Lotus Lantern to annihilate Sun Wu Kong and left him a wimpering animal, broken bones and broken spirit. If Sun Wu Kong can take out 100,000 Heavenly beings by himself, then Yang Jian can do it half-asleep, drunk, or with his eyes closed. They may share the same master, and they may both be disciples of the same Taoist sect headed by Yuan Shi Tian Zun of the Three Pure Ones. But make no mistake, Sun Wu Kong never has and NEVER WILL be able to defeat Yang Jian.

5. BUDDHA
    Goes without saying. Ru Lai is the head of the entire Buddhist Pantheon of deities and was the one who crushed (literally) Sun Wu Kong with "Buddha's Palm" or whatever. I would only rank him as the fifth most powerful being in the Chinese Myth Universe, but he is still CLEARLY more powerful than Sun Wu Kong.

Number 4 Yang Jian...

I was so bored I skimmed through the 2009 version and found that during the fight between yang jian and sun wu kong.

yang jian cheated by using his dog to fight the monkey king small monkies therefore distracting the monkey king. yang jian use cowardly mehtod capturing one of sun wu kong little monkey to force him to lose. 2009 JTTW version episode 6. so tell me now what happen there? can't yang jian fight sun wu kong one on one?

WOW ... so much mixing of Chinese mythology.

I'm definitely no expert, but some clarifications of who belongs where

Buddhism
    Buddha
    Buddhavistta (the various Guanyin's)

Daoism
    Jade Emperor

Penglai Legend
    Pangu - creator of the universe
    Nvwa - creator of humans

Kunlun legend
    Wang Mu (She and the Jade Emperor are of separate legends, and were not associated with each other until later)

In traditional legends, it was actually Yang Jian aka Er Lang Shen who first cut open a mountain to save hismother. There were no historical records of either San Sheng Mu or the Lotus Lantern until the Ming. The focus on the Lotus Lantern actually really isn't until more recent times ....

Either way, just because she has a Lotus Lantern doesn't really make her more powerful. And Yang Jian and Sun Wukong, at the time of their first fight, are only about the same level. By the end, after becoming a Buddha himself, surely Sun Wukong's more powerful. Pangu and Nvwa aren't really comparable to everyone else since you can't really compete with the creator of your world. =_= Buddha and the Jade Emperor should be about the same since neither are really gods but enlightened humans. They wouldn't even care to fight ...
    ╰☆ ╰☆ ╰☆ Cfensi ☆╮☆╮☆╮ , a Chinese entertainment blog and forum

lets just hope the theme song and ending song and all song in the series is well done like the 86 version. the 2009 version theme song suxked so bad. so boring not even emotional.

For whoever that is waiting.... here is the New journey to the West 2011 Zhang Jizhong version new 6 minutes trailer

Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    For whoever that is waiting.... here is the New journey to the West 2011 Zhang Jizhong version new 6 minutes trailer

Zhang jizhong is planning to make a three movies trilogy for journey to the west. YES more JTTW!!!

Looks like fun... but sfx aren't still up to LOTR standards.
    Nice to see a more manly looking Tripitaka. Zhao Zilong of Three Kingdoms fame is a guarantee that I'll be watching it.