Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: New Xi You Ji - Journey to the West (Zhang Ji Zhong 2009/2010 version)

Quote Originally Posted by amen73 View Post
    any confirmed cast of this series now?
    Are you asking about the Zhang Jizhong version? This thread got a bit muddled since separate threads for the Zhang version and the non-Zhang version were merged.

I still don't think any preproduction for the Zhang version has been done. I haven't heard that he's even got a distributor yet.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Default Started Filming

According to a few post from WuxiaSociety, this series has already started filming, produced by Zhang Ji Zhong. They are spending alot of money on this, and they are getting the special effects team from X-Men to do the effects and setting up the scenaries. Any one has any more news on this?

Talking

So is there a separate thread for ZJZ's version of Journey to the West or it was merge into one but different versions with different producers? Is there going to be one for ZJZ?

Houyee, the guy from the costume department posted some filming pictures in his blog. This is from ZJZ's version

Here's the link:
    http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_556562e60100gipn.html

I don't know who the casts are and their name, one of the girl look like the new Xiao Zhao in HSDS 2009

Yeah, He Zhuoyan (Xiao Zhao in the new HSDS) is in here too. The props and costumes look really good but i've never been a huge fan of JTTW so i'm not very excited. Looks like Nie Yuan plays Xuan Zang?
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Below is the news that i get from wuxiasociety. I'm interested in who will be playing Guan Yin (Quan The Am)

Nie Yuan will be play Tripitaka, who's stoic, benevolent, calm and collected in face of dangers, and is no longer as cowardly as the older adaptations. He's unyielding and has strong faith in his beliefs.

To get into character, Nie Yuan has, under the director's request, quit smoking and drinking, and been on vegetarian diet on the confirmation of his role and meditates regularly, "Only by allowing my own state of mind to reach a certain level will I be able to enter Tripitaka's world, and bring out Tripitaka's perseverance, tranquility and benevolence."

Wu Yue will portray the kungfu version of Monkey King Sun Wu Kong, which will be less drama-like, and have a more human touch this time, not one that hops about, scratches his ears every now and then - he's a monkey who's trying hard to become a human being, and hence won't be so full of monkey antics.

While Zang Jin Sheng's portrayal of Pigsy will still be avaricious and lascivious, he'd do it in a less repulsive and more endearing way, and his Pigsy won't be as hideous in appearance.

Elvis Tsui will be Sandy, who has a great sense of responsibility, is valiant and steadfast, always putting his master's safety as top priority.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnySon View Post
    According to a few post from WuxiaSociety, this series has already started filming, produced by Zhang Ji Zhong. They are spending alot of money on this, and they are getting the special effects team from X-Men to do the effects and setting up the scenaries. Any one has any more news on this?
    I wonder which special effects team from X-Men? If you look at the credits there were about 20 different teams.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnySon
    Wu Yue will portray the kungfu version of Monkey King Sun Wu Kong, which will be less drama-like, and have a more human touch this time, not one that hops about, scratches his ears every now and then - he's a monkey who's trying hard to become a human being, and hence won't be so full of monkey antics.

While Zang Jin Sheng's portrayal of Pigsy will still be avaricious and lascivious, he'd do it in a less repulsive and more endearing way, and his Pigsy won't be as hideous in appearance.
    Aw, I kind of like it when Sun Wukong acts like a monkey.

And I'm not too sure about Pigsy being "less repulsive", unless they just mean in his behavior. His appearance is still pretty repugnant. I wish he didn't always have to have his shirt open and a fat belly showing. I don't know which is worse, the fat guys who have played him in past adaptations, or the latex belly on this new actor.

I hope this version gives Sandy something to do occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post
    And I'm not too sure about Pigsy being "less repulsive", unless they just mean in his behavior. His appearance is still pretty repugnant. I wish he didn't always have to have his shirt open and a fat belly showing. I don't know which is worse, the fat guys who have played him in past adaptations, or the latex belly on this new actor.

I hope this version gives Sandy something to do occasionally.
    I quite adore the new Pigsy's look, but the latex belly IMHO looks quite odd.
    As for the open shirt - never really bothered me... I mean - it's *Pigsy*...;-) There are many way more repulsive sights than a potbelly...;-]
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Quote Originally Posted by Cesare View Post
    I quite adore the new Pigsy's look, but the latex belly IMHO looks quite odd.
    As for the open shirt - never really bothered me... I mean - it's *Pigsy*...;-) There are many way more repulsive sights than a potbelly...;-]
    I wish Pigsy could look like the carved wooden statue I have of him. It's very cute.

Appearing in Hangzhou to promote the new HSDS with Ady An, ZJZ has announced that the former will play the role of Bai Gu Jing (Madam White Bones) in this series.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Appearing in Hangzhou to promote the new HSDS with Ady An, ZJZ has announced that the former will play the role of Bai Gu Jing (Madam White Bones) in this series.
    ady is playing bai gu jing?

Ha...what with Ady's playful and outgoing nature, I think she would have fun playing a demoness.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    ady is playing bai gu jing?
    Why are they changing the actress for that character again? At first I heard that it was Vivien Chen, then I heard it was Han Xue and now Ady.... I think Ady would enjoy that role as well...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Why are they changing the actress for that character again? At first I heard that it was Vivien Chen, then I heard it was Han Xue and now Ady.... I think Ady would enjoy that role as well...
    yeah. i can totally see her in the role. hm, seems like zhang ji zhong really likes her!

Talking

I thought ZJZ like He Zhuoyan (Xiao Zhao in HSDS 09) more, she's in almost all of his productions.

I think Vivian Chen is in another version of JTTW by another director

Han Xue plays Bai Gu Jing in another JTTW adaptation. There are currently 2 new adaptations filming simultaneously. If you're interested in seeing how Han Xue looks like in character, see this post:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...&postcount=104

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    I thought ZJZ like He Zhuoyan (Xiao Zhao in HSDS 09) more, she's in almost all of his productions.
    ZJZ sort of personally groomed He Zhuo Yan up as a wuxia actress (he handpicked her from some country-wide competition for the role of Shuang'er in his DOMD). Hence, it isn't surprising that she's appeared in all of his works since DOMD.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Han Xue plays Bai Gu Jing in another JTTW adaptation. There are currently 2 new adaptations filming simultaneously. If you're interested in seeing how Han Xue looks like in character, see this post:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...&postcount=104

ZJZ sort of personally groomed He Zhuo Yan up as a wuxia actress (he handpicked her from some country-wide competition for the role of Shuang'er in his DOMD). Hence, it isn't surprising that she's appeared in all of his works since DOMD.
    Oh really?? Gosh sooo many remakes of this novel lately... Thanks for the info and Han Xue looks great! But I think it is soooo stupid to have Monkey King fall in love though.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Han Xue looks good as BGJ...though I dare say Ady can look even better.

I don't remember who BGJ is...must look it up.

I'm glad it's not Vivian Chen. I'm expecting someone with a lot more of an audacious presence to play a demoness. Ady is so perfect for it.

Well, Ady is currently one of the more outstanding actresses in his HSDS. Getting generally very good reviews. And yeah, ZJZ maybe hoping to entice Hua Yi to invest, if they haven't already. Must shower attention on one of Hua Yi's most beloved stars to achieve that.

I can't believe another series, costume is good, but the monkey king is off, everything else alright

Stephen Chow's 2-part movie version also has his Monkey King being in lifetimes of love with a demoness.

Oh really?? Gosh sooo many remakes of this novel lately... Thanks for the info and Han Xue looks great! But I think it is soooo stupid to have Monkey King fall in love though.