Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New Xi You Ji - Journey to the West (Zhang Ji Zhong 2009/2010 version)

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124
    Really???? Erm, not to sound clueless, but what's Journey to the West? I'm just excited cuz his mainland actors are going to be in it
    Journey To The West is one of the 4 Chinese Literature Classics which talks about Tang Sanzang travelling to the west (India) to obtain sacred buddhist scriptures for the Emperor. Along the way, he takes in 3 disciples, Sun Wukong (Monkey King), Zhu Bajie (Pigsy) and Sha Wujing (Sandy) who accompany and protect him since many demons and spirits are lusting over the monk's meat.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    Journey To The West is one of the 4 Chinese Literature Classics which talks about Tang Sanzang travelling to the west (India) to obtain sacred buddhist scriptures for the Emperor. Along the way, he takes in 3 disciples, Sun Wukong (Monkey King), Zhu Bajie (Pigsy) and Sha Wujing (Sandy) who accompany and protect him since many demons and spirits are lusting over the monk's meat.
    Its my favorite scene when Wukong wreck havoc at the celestial palace until the big guy coming, I hope they will not cut anything...

Quote Originally Posted by yusbus
    OOOOOO ZJZ is gonna make Journey to the West now :-D I am so excited!!!
    he says it'll be like Harry Potter, and all of the mainland actors he's worked with will be guest appearing in this show, for example, Li Ya Peng, Huang Xiao Ming...etc.

OMG i think it's gonna be awsome :-D
    I'm so excited. I love this novel and old version TV serie since I was a child.

Quote Originally Posted by yusbus
    OOOOOO ZJZ is gonna make Journey to the West now :-D I am so excited!!!
    he says it'll be like Harry Potter, and all of the mainland actors he's worked with will be guest appearing in this show, for example, Li Ya Peng, Huang Xiao Ming...etc.

OMG i think it's gonna be awsome :-D
    Could be an interesting series. Just wondering where you got the information from?

love the nicknames pigsy and sandy!

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    Its my favorite scene when Wukong wreck havoc at the celestial palace until the big guy coming, I hope they will not cut anything...
    U never know..look what happened to his JY adaptations, especially ROCH'07. It's possible that they chop off the scene and make Sun Wukong have a flashback of his past or something..which seems to be ZJZ's favourite way of editing at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaGem
    love the nicknames pigsy and sandy!
    Rofl..i thought those were the english translations of the characters' names. I've read them somewhere before..
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 03-12-07 at 06:46 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Oh no. I don't want to know how stupid this one is going to be.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I have no feeling towards this new version. Def. not watch it (i still love the old Chinese version even though i've watched it more than 10 times since i was 6)

ZJZ took this series, does it mean there's no other JY's adaptation ? I'm still waiting for a new HSDS of ZJZ

i read some articles on ZJZ appearing in some university in ZheJiang province (Jin Yong's old school i think) to promote for the new Bi Xue Jian. In the articles it mentioned his plans for Journey to the West :-D

i know ZJZ is not much of a comedy maker, but journey to the west isn't really a comedy, just the TVB version made it that way.

I just hope the CGI will be the best we've seen out of chinese stuff :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Yang
    I have no feeling towards this new version. Def. not watch it (i still love the old Chinese version even though i've watched it more than 10 times since i was 6)

ZJZ took this series, does it mean there's no other JY's adaptation ? I'm still waiting for a new HSDS of ZJZ

Well zjz didn't say he wasn't gonna make HSDS anymore. But i remember him mentioning how the setting for HSDS will be very difficult in previous articles. I guess a lot of very remote areas up high in mountains?

OH! I watched a cartoon version of this when I was little! I loved it! LOL, Pigsy and Sandy... Thnx, sunny!
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Oh boy,,, ANOTHER remake.... They are really running out of stories. I am definately not going to see this... I already think the 80s China version was the best. I don't think this one will be better.

Is he working on this yet. I thought that he said that he wouldn't be doing it until he was done with all of the JY adaptions. He still hasn't done HSDS yet... I thought he was going to be doing that first??
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

man, will it be hard to find someone who acts as good as the old SunWuKong

Quote Originally Posted by Leanna
    man, will it be hard to find someone who acts as good as the old SunWuKong
    I don't think there will be anyone as good as Liuxiao Lingtong.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    I don't think there will be anyone as good as Liuxiao Lingtong.
    yea, he had the talent and the looks

U never know..look what happened to his JY adaptations, especially ROCH'07. It's possible that they chop off the scene and make Sun Wukong have a flashback of his past or something..which seems to be ZJZ's favourite way of editing at the moment

Rofl..i thought those were the english translations of the characters' names. I've read them somewhere before..
    You probably remember them from this thread:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...?t=1417&page=1

really?? who will play monkey king???
    TVB'7=Raymond+S4+Chris+Vin

Default New Xi You Ji - Journey to the West (Zhang Ji Zhong 2009/2010 version)

There has been numerous reports that Zhang Ji Zhong is putting this project on hold due to its complexities from a filming and adaptating standpoint and that it may not commence until after filming his new adaptation of "Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre". However, in spite of those rumors, a recent news article at Sina suggested that Zhang Ji Zhong is planning to start filming his next big project "Xi You Ji" (Journey to the West) sometime after August of 2008. Rumors are speculating that Huang Xiao Ming will play the Monkey King, Liu Yi Fei will play the Goddess of Mercy Guan Yin, and Fan Bing Bing will be cast as the Iron Fan Princess. But when Zhang Ji Zhong was asked about this rumor, he simply laughed and said "Do you think these actors will be willing to put in 8 months' worth of their time just to do this production? They can make a lot more money and much more quickly doing other projects within those 8 months than following me around". Filming this new "Xi You Ji" is expected to take 8 months and probably won't be released to the public until at least 2 years later. This series is expected to span 60 episodes, with a 2 million chinese yuan budget per episode. Zhang Ji Zhong said that he would like to cast all of the popular actors/actresses that have worked with him before in small roles that only require several days of filming. I personally hope this project gets the greenlight and start production as soon as possible.

Further news on this project is that sometime in April, Zhang Ji Zhong made a trip to the U.S to meet up with the "Jurassic Park", "Planet of the Apes", etc Producers to sit down and talk about a possible collaboration on his new project Journey to the West (Xi You Ji). The hollywood producers are very anxious and showed significant interests about working with him because many feel a strong attraction to Eastern folklore.

Also, there's rumors that Xiao Qiang is anticipating to be on a vegetarian diet just to play the goddess of mercy Guan Yin. Fan Bing Bing is now rumored to play the White Skeleton Demoness (Bai Gu Jing) while Liu Yi Fei will play the most beautiful goddess in heaven, the moon goddess Heng-O. There's a strong speculation that Huang Xiao Ming will play the Tang Monk with Zhang Ji Zhong supposedly saying that there's a really good chance of this being true.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura View Post
    Further news on this project is that sometime in April, Zhang Ji Zhong made a trip to the U.S to meet up with the "Jurassic Park", "Planet of the Apes", etc Producers to sit down and talk about a possible collaboration on his new project Journey to the West (Xi You Ji). The hollywood producers are very anxious and showed significant interests about working with him because many feel a strong attraction to Eastern folklore.

Also, there's rumors that Xiao Qiang is anticipating to be on a vegetarian diet just to play the goddess of mercy Guan Yin. Fan Bing Bing is now rumored to play the White Skeleton Demoness (Bai Gu Jing) while Liu Yi Fei will play the most beautiful goddess in heaven, the moon goddess Heng-O. There's a strong speculation that Huang Xiao Ming will play the Tang Monk with Zhang Ji Zhong supposedly saying that there's a really good chance of this being true.
    who is xiao qiang? chinese name/series been in?
    i dont want huang xiao ming to be a monk!!! hes too hot to be a monk.
    isnt the moon goddess chang e?