Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Xi You Ji - Journey to the West (Zhang Ji Zhong 2009/2010 version)

Default Upcoming-The New Journey to the West

It has been confirmed that there will be a new remake of Journey to the West...the project will start soon after "The New Duke of the Mount Deer" is finish filming...

So far it has been rumoured that Lin Zhi Zhong from Kung Fu Hustle will auditioned for the role as the Pig...

It seems like they're remaking all the old classics. Next should be SGYY and Shui Hu Zhuan.

Whether this new remake will be worth watching or not really depends on who they cast as Sun Wu Kong. It must be someone very impressive to do even half as well as Liu Xiao Ling Tong. The story is kind of repetitive, so I wouldn't watch just for that.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I wouldn't say that the story is repetitive. There are a lot of stories in the novel that weren't covered by the first XYZ in 86. That's why they had a sequel a few years ago (with the same cast) but the atmosphere and feelings were totally gone.
    Like the other 3 novels, XYZ requires a very ancient (and maybe we can exclude HLM now) a very epic feel to it. The costumes and hairstyle in the 86 version are something that came straight out of paintings. Music was also astounding. And though it is an "epic fantasy" it is also a comedy told through the story and inherent personalities of the characters. 86' achieved that subtly unlike the TVB version which tried to force it through comedic behaviors. To see anything come close is a feat itself, let alone surpassing it.

haha didn't mean to praise it so much in the new thread... sorry...

I didn't say the story was entirely repetitive, but there was a definitive pattern to most of the adventures. If I had a dime for every time Sun Wu Kong and company had to save Tang Sheng from various yao guai, I could fund my own remake. Don't get me wrong; I really enjoyed the 1986 classic, but not primarily because of the storyline.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Liu Xiao Ling Tong is my favorite monkey king...although who will play the monkey's charater, i will see it because i like monkey!

i heard spielberg and zhang yimou will film it together... but probably as a movie and not a series?
    anyway, xyz is flexible enough in terms of individual subplots for them to do a remake (but not making up their own little story where monkey falls in love with spider). it's the JY remakes that they need to stop muckering around with.

Quote Originally Posted by hinako442003
    I wouldn't say that the story is repetitive. There are a lot of stories in the novel that weren't covered by the first XYZ in 86. That's why they had a sequel a few years ago (with the same cast) but the atmosphere and feelings were totally gone.
    Like the other 3 novels, XYZ requires a very ancient (and maybe we can exclude HLM now) a very epic feel to it. The costumes and hairstyle in the 86 version are something that came straight out of paintings. Music was also astounding. And though it is an "epic fantasy" it is also a comedy told through the story and inherent personalities of the characters. 86' achieved that subtly unlike the TVB version which tried to force it through comedic behaviors. To see anything come close is a feat itself, let alone surpassing it.

haha didn't mean to praise it so much in the new thread... sorry...
    the 86 version had great music

my gosh....remakes... they just run out stories to act bc these days they have so many....

remakes are awful..most of the time they suck...only rare occasions that they would be better than the original......

the first "journey to the west" was the best one.... the one in 96 acted by Benny didn't compare.. and the one with Dicky cheung, gillian and Christy yang was even more awful bc they made more twists to the story ...and didn't even compare the goodness of the first one bit... Benny and Dicky didn't even acted like a monkey they walk like humans ...show no resemblences to being a monkey....

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Whether this new remake will be worth watching or not really depends on who they cast as Sun Wu Kong. It must be someone very impressive to do even half as well as Liu Xiao Ling Tong. The story is kind of repetitive, so I wouldn't watch just for that.
    I agree with the point on the casting of Monkey.
    I dont think I've seen the one with 章金莱 Liu Xiao Ling Tong. But the one I've seen the first part of the JOurney to the West with Dicky Cheung was very good. The rest was awful. Only managed to see two episodes later of the part 2. Cant even bear to watch the one with Benny.

However, I am not very keen as it's going to part American directed. I think it's going to deviate quite a lot from the story since the film will need to cater international audiences.

WHat??!! Another The New "Journey to the West"?????!!!!!! TVB had already made this series and now CHina going to make it again? Don't know about that but I'm absaloutely really sure that China going use special effects (CGs), TVB had used it too, I'm telling you.

Doesn't matter whether there will be a another "Journey to the West" but NO ONE, NO ONE EVER NEVER Beats my Sun Wu Kong(SWK) played by Liu Xiao Ling Tong(LXLT) . He is like the BEST OF THE BEST OF THE BEST Sun Wu Kong that I've ever seen. Liu Xiao Ling Tong's acting, his appearance, his real kung-fu he's just the BEST OF THE BEST CLASSIC Sun Wu Kong ever! Who's going beats him? Who? The answer is==>NO ONE! Even Benny Chan's SWK can't beats my LXLT. Just look at my avtar <=====, you'll know what I'm talking about, and oh yeah, I'm a really big die-hard cord fan of Liu Xiao Ling Tong. My Liu Xiao Ling Tong even won more than one awards for his role Sun Wu Kong!
    Last edited by darknight123; 09-07-06 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    the 86 version had great music
    Oh...you bet cha. Isn't just great, but it's the excellent-fantastic song; it's the GREATEST songs ever especially the ending song!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oceanic
    However, I am not very keen as it's going to part American directed. I think it's going to deviate quite a lot from the story since the film will need to cater international audiences.
    I don't know about an American film version or whatnot, but I don't think the upcoming Mainland remake will have American involvement. It will be a Zhang Ji Zhong production.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Does anyone still have faith in ZJZ?

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

My guess this will b a 40 or 80 episode!!!!

First of all,,, ANOTHER REMAKE??? Boy, they are REALLY OUT OF IDEAS!!!!! Each remake seems to get worse and worse and worse..... Also, anything made by ZJZ now doesn't seem to be that great anymore.... I wonder if this one will be more faithful to the novel than the 86 version??? The 86 version was great, but had to leave parts of the story out due to the length, but it was still really good and accurate. I hope that it won't be anything like Monkey King 3, gosh was that STUPID!!! I heard the AMerican movie version was REALLY BAD and insulting to the story and the Buddhism religion.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    The 86 version was great, but had to leave parts of the story out due to the length, but it was still really good and accurate...
    They did have a part two for Mainland JTTW though, so perhaps it included more of the stories that part one was unable to deliver. (BTW, Hi Trinie )

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    I heard the AMerican movie version was REALLY BAD and insulting to the story and the Buddhism religion.
    Sadly, it is so true. The American movie they made of JTTW was so horrendous and insulting sometimes. For starters, they made Guan Yin fall in love and she even kissed a dude. She was forced to end the relationship, she did not even end it herself.

Default NEW Journey to the West from Zhang Ji Zhong!!!

OOOOOO ZJZ is gonna make Journey to the West now :-D I am so excited!!!
    he says it'll be like Harry Potter, and all of the mainland actors he's worked with will be guest appearing in this show, for example, Li Ya Peng, Huang Xiao Ming...etc.

OMG i think it's gonna be awsome :-D

Really???? Erm, not to sound clueless, but what's Journey to the West? I'm just excited cuz his mainland actors are going to be in it
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Quote Originally Posted by yusbus
    he says it'll be like Harry Potter, and all of the mainland actors he's worked with will be guest appearing in this show, for example, Li Ya Peng, Huang Xiao Ming...etc.
    As if all those actors/actresses haven't already appeared 10,000 times already in his productions.

yeah thats true. since zjz is producing it it won t be as funny check out his other series it won t be as good as the tvb s version