Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: New Xi You Ji - Journey to the West (Zhang Ji Zhong 2009/2010 version)

Where do we watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by xiyoujifan View Post
    Where do we watch it?

In the mainland only for now. I guess we will just have to wait. they broadcasted two episodes already

in around 3-4 more hours episode 3 and 4 will be air.

question?

What's the deal with the monkey king without any fur looking all naked as you can see from some trailer and the ending video song.

watch

Dao lang live at the opening ceremony

Quote Originally Posted by xiyoujifan View Post
    Where do we watch it?
    You can watch the TV rip version @ VNMelody: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL444997D9B4A0AAAC

[QUOTE=qtee123;990241]You can watch the TV rip version @ VNMelody:

Nice!!! Thanx alot qtee.

I just finished watching episode 2 and so far so good. really no comment. I'm speechless.

Hey princekrillo work your magic mind hand typing skill

[QUOTE=IPlayWow;990278]
    Quote Originally Posted by qtee123 View Post
    You can watch the TV rip version @ VNMelody:

Nice!!! Thanx alot qtee.

I just finished watching episode 2 and so far so good. really no comment. I'm speechless.

Hey princekrillo work your magic mind hand typing skill

episode 3-6 is off the chart. can't wait for MORE

I don't plan on watching this series until much further down the line, but ...

... has it been confirmed how many total episodes there are? No sites have been updated with any info, even though the series has already started airing.

They still say 50 or 60-70 episodes ... so which is it? Considering the Zhejiang version was 52 episodes long, and they skipped quite a few storylines, this adaptation (which is COMPLETE) needs to be at LEAST 70 eps to maintain the same level of character and story development.

Instead of rushing through the novel like past adaptations. Anything less than 50 episodes for JTTW is a piss-poor imagining.
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceKrillo View Post
    I don't plan on watching this series until much further down the line, but ...

... has it been confirmed how many total episodes there are? No sites have been updated with any info, even though the series has already started airing.

They still say 50 or 60-70 episodes ... so which is it? Considering the Zhejiang version was 52 episodes long, and they skipped quite a few storylines, this adaptation (which is COMPLETE) needs to be at LEAST 70 eps to maintain the same level of character and story development.

Instead of rushing through the novel like past adaptations. Anything less than 50 episodes for JTTW is a piss-poor imagining.

One of the the news page I read on TVS4 website on friday of which i can't find it anymore due to the website not loading up or so so slow lol. it said it to be airing a total of 70 episode. 2 per day so i guess by the end of august, we will know exactly for sure.

I feel the pacing of the Zhejiang version is perfect. It's slow enough for story/character development but not so slow that it feels drawn-out.

The Zhejiang version skipped the following storylines from the novel:

origins of xuan zang
    demon of yellow wind
    human fruit tree
    imposter king of wu ji
    turtle-dragon of black waters
    9-headed hydra demon
    tree sprites
    red-scaled python of seven terminations mountain
    posing as a doctor in zhu zhi
    eating childrens' hearts in bi qiu
    buddhist monk genocide
    leopard king of southern mountains
    land without rain
    saint of nine spirits and seven lion demons
    three rhino ogres of green dragon moutain
    framed for burglary and murder

And they still managed 52 episodes. If the ZJZ adaptation covers all of these storylines, then they should fill AT LEAST 70 episodes, but I would have hoped for a good 75.

I was really pissed off when I found out that the Zhejiang version had skipped over some of my favorite stories from the novel, including the imposter king of Wu Ji Guo, the python of Mt. Seven Terminations, eating 1111 hearts of children in Bi Qiu Guo, and the land without rain. They also skipped some of my favorite demons from the novel, including the Turtle-Dragon of Black River, the 9-Headed Hydra Demon, and even the Saint of Nine Spirits (which looks friggin' amazing in the ZJZ version in his gigantic, 9-headed lion beast form).

So I'm glad ZJZ's adaptation is, at the very least, the first COMPLETE imagining of JTTW since ... well, EVER.
    Last edited by PrinceKrillo; 07-31-11 at 11:28 PM.
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceKrillo View Post
    I feel the pacing of the Zhejiang version is perfect. It's slow enough for story/character development but not so slow that it feels drawn-out.

The Zhejiang version skipped the following storylines from the novel:

origins of xuan zang
    demon of yellow wind
    human fruit tree
    imposter king of wu ji
    turtle-dragon of black waters
    9-headed hydra demon
    tree sprites
    red-scaled python of seven terminations mountain
    posing as a doctor in zhu zhi
    eating childrens' hearts in bi qiu
    buddhist monk genocide
    leopard king of southern mountains
    land without rain
    saint of nine spirits and seven lion demons
    three rhino ogres of green dragon moutain
    framed for burglary and murder

And they still managed 52 episodes. If the ZJZ adaptation covers all of these storylines, then they should fill AT LEAST 70 episodes, but I would have hoped for a good 75.

I was really pissed off when I found out that the Zhejiang version had skipped over some of my favorite stories from the novel, including the imposter king of Wu Ji Guo, the python of Mt. Seven Terminations, eating 1111 hearts of children in Bi Qiu Guo, and the land without rain. They also skipped some of my favorite demons from the novel, including the Turtle-Dragon of Black River, the 9-Headed Hydra Demon, and even the Saint of Nine Spirits (which looks friggin' amazing in the ZJZ version in his gigantic, 9-headed lion beast form).

So I'm glad ZJZ's adaptation is, at the very least, the first COMPLETE imagining of JTTW since ... well, EVER.

Would you at least watch the first 5 minutes of episode one and comment? lol because the first 5 minutes of this new journey to the west 2011 is really just plain out weird... not sure how but it really not what i would have expected the monkey king birth to be like...

there is lots of people on this one mainland blogging website complaining about the first 5 minutes lol. lets hear what the magical mind hand typing princekrillo have to say lol.

okay another weird thing.... episode 9 is already on youtube but it haven't aired on the TVS4 channel yet....for at least 3 more hours.

every night from 7:00PM - 9:00 PM mainland time zone two episode of 40-45 minutes long will be air....

So I'm not sure how these guys on youtube would have episode 9 even though it haven't aired yet.

i hope someone from the tvs4 station didn't leak this out....

Total number of episodes seems to be 66.
    The episodes so far are good, but the editing is (sometimes) not good. Looks like they have to cut some places to fit the time slot, which affect the flow of the scenes. There are stories or scenes from the old that are not in the new one. They probably try to avoid direct comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by coolchan View Post
    There are stories or scenes from the old that are not in the new one. They probably try to avoid direct comparison.
    Well, this is a new adaptation of the novel, it's not a remake of the 1986 version. So there's no reason for it to try to be like that version in any way at all, save for the end theme.

And unlike the CCTV version's original 25 episodes, ZJZ's adaptation *should* completely translate the entire novel to TV.
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Check out this video. The characters dance on stage to techno music. Those kids can't dance for crap.
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Would you at least watch the first 5 minutes of episode one and comment? lol because the first 5 minutes of this new journey to the west 2011 is really just plain out weird... not sure how but it really not what i would have expected the monkey king birth to be like...

there is lots of people on this one mainland blogging website complaining about the first 5 minutes lol. lets hear what the magical mind hand typing princekrillo have to say lol.

okay another weird thing.... episode 9 is already on youtube but it haven't aired on the TVS4 channel yet....for at least 3 more hours.

every night from 7:00PM - 9:00 PM mainland time zone two episode of 40-45 minutes long will be air....

So I'm not sure how these guys on youtube would have episode 9 even though it haven't aired yet.

i hope someone from the tvs4 station didn't leak this out....
    I saw it out up to eps 12.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
    I saw it out up to eps 12.

it's good but episode 12 is not even aired yet until some 20 more hours if my time zone calculation is correct.

i guess the people from the TVS4 station must have leaked it out.

I believe the first five minutes (felt a lot longer, quite frankly) is straight out of the novel. It sounds to me like a Buddhist version of the creation story.

Pretty decent so far... a little slow going I have to say... takes almost 7 eps to get really interesting. My feeling is that it's going to be a rather slavishly faithful adaptation of the novel. But the casting is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Easter Lily View Post
    My feeling is that it's going to be a rather slavishly faithful adaptation of the novel.
    It's about time there was one.
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

up to episode 14. anyone spot any problems yet?