Thread: QKDNY vs DG9J

Default QKDNY vs DG9J

Which one is better in detecting the opponents flaws?If you were given a choice, which one would you pick?
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

These techniques doesn't automatically LET you see the flaws in your opponent's move, I believe.

You have to figure it out yourself...right?

I don't know about QKDNY,

but DG9J is about studying the tiny little movements of the enemy before they execute their moves.

So how does QKDNY function?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    These techniques doesn't automatically LET you see the flaws in your opponent's move, I believe.

You have to figure it out yourself...right?

I don't know about QKDNY,

but DG9J is about studying the tiny little movements of the enemy before they execute their moves.

So how does QKDNY function?
    QKDNY does several things, but in this discussion, the important thing is that it helps the practioner to see your opponent flaws.When ZWJ first came out of the Ming cave, he watched a fight between his martial uncle and his grand father. He saw how they fought and thought that they didnt used full potential of their skills. I dont know much about DG9J though.

Quote Originally Posted by AnhHung View Post
    He saw how they fought and thought that they didnt used full potential of their skills.
    There's a lot of possibilities though. It doesn't necessarily have to be Qian Kun Da Nuo Yi that's allowing him to see it. Unless Jin Yong explicitly mentioned it...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    There's a lot of possibilities though. It doesn't necessarily have to be Qian Kun Da Nuo Yi that's allowing him to see it. Unless Jin Yong explicitly mentioned it...

Yup, stated by JY.

Perhaps you can translate that section so that we can all understand the situation?

Qiankun Danuoyi can actually CREATE flaws in an otherwise flawless stance. Of course, this is something that any advanced martial artist can do. For example, in Outer Story of the FLying Fox, Old Madam Shang's martial arts were described to be flawless, but any 5th level fighter from the Trilogy can take her out in one stance, thus "creating" flaw in her flawless stances.

I think the "flawless thing" is really flawed (no pun intended). If you're a lot stronger, you can always just smack the guy to death even if his stances are flawless.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Speed can overcome flawlessness. You can act decisively before they can.
    Last edited by Dennis Chen; 03-10-08 at 12:50 AM.

I always thought internal energy is key in creating flaws. Eg when XLN could not kill Nimo Xing etc due to their flawless defense, it was attributed to her lack of internal, not lack of speed.

Technique, speed, power. Three basic ways to increase your ability and thus open up flaws in the opponent for you to target. Likewise, increasing these three "stats" can help cover up flaws.

In the case of QKDNY, it gives you more things that you can do. Because of that, you can attack in ways the opponent does not expect is possible and thus their defense is no longer flawless. The example given is something along the lines of a brid watching two land animals fight wondering why they don't swoop down on each other.

I reckon techniques and speed can only help one get so far against opponents. As opponents get better and better, only effective thing is internal energy because of the high calibre martial arts used by opponents, producing literal flawless defense. eg XLN would've easily defeated Nimo Xing and gang given more internal energy and less speed, ie 10 pokes instead of 32441.

I don't really understand the overuse (especially by JY) of "flawless" in martial arts. There's no such thing as a flawless art, only one that gets the job done.

In that regard, I don't think that QKDNY and DG9J are inherently special at picking out flaws, just that they are wildly more efficient at attacking flaws.