Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you think Guo Xiang was when Xiang Yang fell?

Default Where do you think Guo Xiang was when Xiang Yang fell?

Seeing how Guo Jing and Huang Rong died defending Xiang Yang, Guo Xiang logically would've been there to help her parents, but then how did she survive.

Guo Xiang should be in her high 20s when XY fell, so her kung fu will be not too bad

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Guo Xiang should be in her high 20s when XY fell, so her kung fu will be not too bad
    Not too bad would be an overstatement. I bet she couldn't even kill a fly.

Isn't the most logical answer is still finding Yeung Gor?

when did xiang yang fell ? 1273 ?
    she was 16 years old in 1259. so my guess would be that she 30 years when xiang yang fell and she was still looking for condor hero.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

Quote Originally Posted by odbayarb2000 View Post
    when did xiang yang fell ? 1273 ?
    she was 16 years old in 1259. so my guess would be that she 30 years when xiang yang fell and she was still looking for condor hero.
    The poor lass had no idea where to look. She was just randomly roaming in hopes of finding him.

In seven years, the intelligence agencies of several countries have not been able to locate Osama bin Laden despite modern technology and investigative methods. No wonder Gwok Seung couldn't find Yeung Gor.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Isn't the most logical answer is still finding Yeung Gor?
    Yup and that's why I've never been too fond of Guo Xiang. I know GX was designed by JY to be a likable character but somehow she's almost as annoying as her elder sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi View Post
    Yup and that's why I've never been too fond of Guo Xiang. I know GX was designed by JY to be a likable character but somehow she's almost as annoying as her elder sister.
    I'm inclined to agree. I've never been a huge fan of Gwok Seung. She seemed too deliberately designed to be a "Miss Perfect," as if Jin Yong were overcompensating for making Gwok Fu such a b*tch. The result, however, was a character that seemed to try too hard to be lovable, and consequently seemed sort of ungenuine. Gwok Fu might have been a b*tch, but at least she was a more believable character.

Me too. She spent decades looking for a guy who was already married and has eyes for his wife only.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Well yes she should still be looking for Yang Guo but she will not go help save her parents? or at least try? Its possible that she was not well connected during her travels but seriously, some news of a seige must have reached her.

But i also think Guo Xiang's kung fu will be quite good. She developed Emei and its hard to imagine she did this when she only advanced her skills after 30. Seeing how MeiJue was the 3rd Leader of Emei and Guo Xiang is slightly older than Z3F, she should've already established Emei quite early on and she cannot do this without a level of skill, which cannot be attained without years of work.

Yes, I agree. At least it seems they get a nice actress to play her each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    The result, however, was a character that seemed to try too hard to be lovable, and consequently seemed sort of ungenuine. Gwok Fu might have been a b*tch, but at least she was a more believable character.
    I am pretty sure most of us here went to school with a Gwok Fu as well.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

she was away doing good deeds. her parents sent her the heaven sword when it was clear xiangyang would fall, and she wouldn't get there in time.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    she was away doing good deeds. her parents sent her the heaven sword when it was clear xiangyang would fall, and she wouldn't get there in time.

Whao but thats assuming Xiang Yang fell really quickly. So fast that news could not reach Guo Xiang and not give her enuf time to go back.

Sitting in front of Ancient Tomb, reading a book, waiting for YG.

People should read Athena's Third Edition thread because it can answer many questions. This question was answer in that thread. GX was in Sichuan Province at the time. She rushed back to Xiang Yang, but all was too late.

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post

I must say that that was a very dependable courier service that the Guos hired. To have the Heaven Sword sent to Guo Xiang without it getting stolen or waylaid would have been no easy feat, i would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodstar View Post
    I must say that that was a very dependable courier service that the Guos hired. To have the Heaven Sword sent to Guo Xiang without it getting stolen or waylaid would have been no easy feat, i would imagine.
    Possibly, Yeung Gor himself was the one who delivered the sword, although he declined to stick around to say hello.

In the end, it was probably fortuitous that Gwok Seung missed the final siege of Seung Yeung. She wouldn't have been able to make a difference anyway; she would have been one more corpse on the pile, and the Gwok Family's legacy would have truly been dead and gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I'm inclined to agree. I've never been a huge fan of Gwok Seung. She seemed too deliberately designed to be a "Miss Perfect," as if Jin Yong were overcompensating for making Gwok Fu such a b*tch. The result, however, was a character that seemed to try too hard to be lovable, and consequently seemed sort of ungenuine. Gwok Fu might have been a b*tch, but at least she was a more believable character.
    I always thought that she was meant to be the polar opposite of her sister. The Yangs and Guos were supposed to arrange marriage their children and it always made me wonder what would have happened if GX was the firstborn.

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    I always thought that she was meant to be the polar opposite of her sister.
    That's just it, though: Gwok Seung was characterized as such a "goody two shoes"/"Miss Perfect" in contrast to her b*tchy older sister that she became a difficult character to buy into. To me, she seemed kind of "phony"...like those people who seem too good to be true.

I must say it must be a mixed bag of missed opportunities. Guo Xiang fails to go back to Xiang Yang in time, (You dun seriously think she dun wanna go back because she doesnt want to be another pile of bones on the battlefield do you? She would 100% rather die with her parents).

Yang Guo has to miss out the battle as well but get back in time to get the package Guo Jing left him to deliver (assuming its Yang Guo who delievered).

It all comes down to slow timing and missing out, and this has to happen to many characters (Guo Xiang, Yang Guo/Xiao LongN, ROCH Greats(if they are still alive by then, possibly not). The missing out will need to happen to these ppl to explain their survival or the lack of their description in the final battle. Rather weak IMO to leave it all to poor timing.