Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trouble with women

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Hey take WXB off your list, PJ. He was a serious pimp. No trouble with women at all.
    Well, Fang Yi did give him some trouble with her betrayal. Haha, that's why I like her the most when watching DOMD98. At least, she gave him some trouble instead of falling for his 'charm' right away and became his yes woman like the others (except Ah Ke).
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It was hard to sympathize with him sometimes, however, because his failure to belong was sometimes his own fault.
    Yes, but that's precisely the reason why a lot of young ppl in real life don't belong, thus the identification with Yang Guo's circumstances.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Why does it seem like tonight's posting activity rate seems to have increased greatly.
    I go away for one minute and come back to find a lot more posts...

Anyhow, Yang Guo is not as bad as Ken says he is.
    It's Saturday morning. Friday night for some countries. Work off, school off. Holiday !!!

I don't understand why YG is bad.

Because he wasn't chivalrous enough ? He loved ONLY woman in his whole life ?

I don't understand what is Ken arguing about. No point for me at all.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

Most of the main characters in JY's stories start off as lonely kids. It's kinda odd that so many guys single out YG as the character that they most associate with. I think those people just want to imagine themselves as the chick magnet that YG was.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi View Post
    Most of the main characters in JY's stories start off as lonely kids. It's kinda odd that so many guys single out YG as the character that they most associate with. I think those people just want to imagine themselves as the chick magnet that YG was.
    The only reason I would like to imagine myself like Yang Guo is having the hottest wife one can find.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    The only reason I would like to imagine myself like Yang Guo is having the hottest wife one can find.
    Yeah, XLN not being a virgin wouldn't even be a big deal nowadays.

Hopefully with a bit more personality, though...

XLN pwned!

Oh of course, of course. I love her looks, her personality leaves a lot to be desired though.

Ken, how do you feel about Little Dragon Girl "equal in beauty" Miss Wang Yu Yan. It seems you hate LDG much more so than WYY even though they seem to be replicas of each other, although LDG can kick WYY butt any day.

Is this merely because LDG is paired up with YG, and that you dislike YG more than DY.

Ken, how do you feel about Little Dragon Girl "equal in beauty" Miss Wang Yu Yan. It seems you hate LDG much more so than WYY even though they seem to be replicas of each other, although LDG can kick WYY butt any day.

Is this merely because LDG is paired up with YG, and that you dislike YG more than DY.
    Wong Yu Yin can be just as bad as Little Dragon Girl in some ways. Her "cousin" myopia on Mo Yung F'uk was every bit as annoying as Little Dragon Girl's "Gor-yee" fixation. Although I'm not much of a Deun Yu fan, I never liked the way Wong Yu Yin treated him (OK, admittedly, she didn't treat him badly, but she was a bit clueless about the poor bastard's dedication to her for the longest time).

Wong Yu Yin benefits from my not having to see her very often (as I don't go through DGSD as often as I do the CONDOR HEROES TRILOGY), so I don't complain about her as much. I do remember that Wong Yu Yin was one of the most unpleasant aspects of DGSD for me.

Come to think of it, most of the DGSD girls were rather annoying in their own way (but none like Little Dragon Girl). I found Ah Chu and Chung Ling tolerable, but the others...meh.

There aren't a whole lot of wuxia females I like as characters. Wong Yung is one of them. Sheun Siu Hung from SENTIMENTAL SWORDSMAN, RUTHLESS SWORD is another (although I couldn't get her teenage fixation on a man in his forties). Beef Soup from the LUK SIU FUNG stories might be my favorite wuxia female (her name is cool as all hell).

Beef Soup from the LUK SIU FUNG stories might be my favorite wuxia female (her name is cool as all hell).
    Beef soup was cool initially. But she becomes very tiring and annoying when she kep bringing out her beef soup again and again and again and again and again in the book. By the end of the book, she isn't cool anymore. Can't believe your favourite wuxia girl is Beef Soup.

I agree with Ken's choices, except for Beef Soup who I haven't read much about. I'll like to add Ren Ying Ying to that list. The only drawback is that she's somewhat like HR, which makes her a less fresh character.

although LDG can kick WYY butt any day.
    Don't forget about WYY's ability to pick apart almost any martial arts. It could possibly be more handy for a guy than XLN's high level of MA. That special ability of WYY pissed me off so much. I just want her to shut the hell up whenever she breaks down some expert's MA. It was simply ridiculous that WYY was able to break down the MA of people that were exponentially more advanced in MA than her.

Don't forget about WYY's ability to pick apart almost any martial arts. It could possibly be more handy for a guy than XLN's high level of MA. That special ability of WYY pissed me off so much. I just want her to shut the hell up whenever she breaks down some expert's MA. It was simply ridiculous that WYY was able to break down the MA of people that were exponentially more advanced in MA than her.
    WYY only understands what she reads right? I assume something like 1 Yang Finger or 18 Dragon Palms, she would be clueless about.

WYY only understands what she reads right? I assume something like 1 Yang Finger or 18 Dragon Palms, she would be clueless about.
    The way JY portrayed her as some kinda martial arts encyclopedia, I wouldn't be surprised if she knew those too. Even if WYY had read about an expert's martial arts before, it still seems ludicrous that she is skilled enough to analyze what they're doing. If martial arts were that simple to grasp, everyone would become an expert once they finish reading a manual.

The way JY portrayed her as some kinda martial arts encyclopedia, I wouldn't be surprised if she knew those too. Even if WYY had read about an expert's martial arts before, it still seems ludicrous that she is skilled enough to analyze what they're doing. If martial arts were that simple to grasp, everyone would become an expert once they finish reading a manual.
    Maybe this shows that she a prodigy, but wasted her talent.

I think that Wong Yu Yin didn't have any physical talent for martial arts. She was a genius at figuring martial arts out at the theoretical level, but fights aren't fought out theoretically.

Put Wong Yu Yin's grasp of martial arts theory into Kiu Fung's body, however, and get ready for some MAJOR hurtin'...

I think that Wong Yu Yin didn't have any physical talent for martial arts. She was a genius at figuring martial arts out at the theoretical level, but fights aren't fought out theoretically.

Put Wong Yu Yin's grasp of martial arts theory into Kiu Fung's body, however, and get ready for some MAJOR hurtin'...
    But isn't she very physically similar to her grandmother who was a great? Maybe WYY was just lazy?

Still, it sounds like BS to me. It's like saying that someone can become an expert at playing a paino without actually learning how to play a piano.

But isn't she very physically similar to her grandmother who was a great? Maybe WYY was just lazy?

Still, it sounds like BS to me. It's like saying that someone can become an expert at playing a paino without actually learning how to play a piano.
    I was thinking about riding a bicycle, but yeah, it's the same idea.

Now I respect Jin Yong and love his work to death, but honestly, the man DOES ask us to put up with ALOT of b.s. to enjoy his work. Guess it's just the nature of the game.

What Wu Wudi said. A person with piano fingers and who can read music and has memorized a lot of scores will still be a crappy piano player without practice.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

actually, i thought the "pre leaving the tomb" XLN was rather cool. but once she entered the "world" she became rather...bleh (except when she beat up GWM & company at the QZ temple).

Dude: if I constantly copped the kind of attitude that Yeung Gor did when I was thirteen years old, my dad would have *so* beaten my a*s.
    maybe that explains it...YG didn't have a dad (nor much of a mom for that matter's sake)

What I don't get is how so many guys claim that they love ROCH because YG reminds them of themselves. In my mind, I'm thinking "Go look in the mirror, dude".
    YG is probably a lot easier to relate to as compared to most other major JY characters, especially for the younger people b/c he has the rebellious attitude, emo swings, pride, etc. his flaws are much more tangible.

Take GJ...really, how many people can be THAT honest & loyal? Would you ditch HR for Hua Zhen just b/c you made a promise?

ZWJ? How many people are really THAT "nice"? Is it really easier to relate to XF, DY, or XZ?
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 03-15-08 at 06:31 AM.