Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trouble with women

Think of WYY as a tennis coach. You can still give pointers to the #1 player even though the #299 player would whup your ar@s on the tennis courts.

In any case, JY did show her limitations. She cannot give advice on martial arts she never read the manual on (e.g. 6MSJ and XZ's arts). And even for basic moves, she cannot do anything when they are executed too fast (e.g. when she tried to comment on XF using basic moves in Apricot Forest).

I agree 100% with Ken's view on YG. Hate that loser. Sorry, fangirls/boys.

~red
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Now I respect Jin Yong and love his work to death, but honestly, the man DOES ask us to put up with ALOT of b.s. to enjoy his work. Guess it's just the nature of the game.
    The people you have beef with are TVB producers and script writers, not Jin Yong.

Like I said before, I hated Yang Guo in TV adaptions (they really are good at making him look like a pathetic loser), but he was much better in the novel.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    Take GJ...really, how many people can be THAT honest & loyal? Would you ditch HR for Hua Zhen just b/c you made a promise?

ZWJ? How many people are really THAT "nice"? Is it really easier to relate to XF, DY, or XZ?
    Well, for ZWJ, I bet many people have been played by other gender before.

It is very easy to relate to Duan Yu!!! Fall in love with an attractive person. Lazy to work but loves to go around and play. Of course, I hope none of us have many "other siblings" out there who falls in love with us.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    The people you have beef with are TVB producers and script writers, not Jin Yong.

Like I said before, I hated Yang Guo in TV adaptions (they really are good at making him look like a pathetic loser), but he was much better in the novel.
    I was talking about Wong Yu Yin's ability to theoretically understand almost any martial art, but her inability to physically practice any of them. The topic had already drifted away from Yeung Gor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    YG is probably a lot easier to relate to as compared to most other major JY characters, especially for the younger people b/c he has the rebellious attitude, emo swings, pride, etc. his flaws are much more tangible.
    That assumes that most young people are troubled delinquents, which thankfully isn't really the case.

Yeah, sure: some people can relate to Yeung Gor. That doesn't necessarily mean he's always worth admiring. He has his moments, but he also has his faults. That shouldn't be overlooked.

Take GJ...really, how many people can be THAT honest & loyal? Would you ditch HR for Hua Zhen just b/c you made a promise?

ZWJ? How many people are really THAT "nice"? Is it really easier to relate to XF, DY, or XZ?
    The thing about heroes, in the classic sense, is that they aren't supposed to appeal to the "lowest common denominator" in all of us. That's a more modern understanding of the "hero" that I don't agree with. I prefer to admire the classic model of hero, who is *better* than we are - who represents our ideals rather than mirrors our faults.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    That assumes that most young people are troubled delinquents, which thankfully isn't really the case.

Yeah, sure: some people can relate to Yeung Gor. That doesn't necessarily mean he's always worth admiring. He has his moments, but he also has his faults. That shouldn't be overlooked.
    i certainly wouldn't have called myself a toubled delinquent (or at least i hope not), but i certainly did have moments of arrogance, pride, emotional downs, question of self identity, etc.

afterall, even Ken Cheng shows signs of prejudice and stubborness when regarding YG

character does not always equate to admiring, at least, not "admiring" in the sense of looking up to them. there are plenty of characters that i like, but i sure wouldn't want to be like them. therefore,