Thread: Why Xuzhu's auto-protect failed to shield himself from Jiumozhi's dagger

Default Why Xuzhu's auto-protect failed to shield himself from Jiumozhi's dagger

In DGSD, Jiumozhi was able to throw a dagger into Xuzhu's body despite the latter's auto-protect function. I'm not sure if we had previously come to a conclusion as to why. I now believe it's because Xuzhu at the time was spending his energy elsewhere. Xuzhu initially tried to capture Jiumozhi's hands, but Jiumozhi changed the delivery of his attack into one of air-projectile. The majority of Xuzhu's internal energy must have concentrated on Jiumozhi's hands, thus not havnig enough power to defend him from the dagger projectile.

I believe that if Xuzhu just stood there, the dagger may not have been able to penetrate his skin. But that's just a speculation.

The reason I think this is that in ROCH, Guo Jing suffered a stab by Ni Moxing. It was stated that after Guo Jing activated his internal energy, Ni Moxing could no longer drive the weapon into Guo Jing's body. But the weapon went in initially because Guo Jing's energy was being spent elsewhere.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    In DGSD, Jiumozhi was able to throw a dagger into Xuzhu's body despite the latter's auto-protect function. I'm not sure if we had previously come to a conclusion as to why. I now believe it's because Xuzhu at the time was spending his energy elsewhere. Xuzhu initially tried to capture Jiumozhi's hands, but Jiumozhi changed the delivery of his attack into one of air-projectile. The majority of Xuzhu's internal energy must have concentrated on Jiumozhi's hands, thus not havnig enough power to defend him from the dagger projectile.

I believe that if Xuzhu just stood there, the dagger may not have been able to penetrate his skin. But that's just a speculation.

The reason I think this is that in ROCH, Guo Jing suffered a stab by Ni Moxing. It was stated that after Guo Jing activated his internal energy, Ni Moxing could no longer drive the weapon into Guo Jing's body. But the weapon went in initially because Guo Jing's energy was being spent elsewhere.

I think indeed XZ's power was used up on the handlock and he was said to have only been able to use 30% of his internal so it sounds right if he used a little than 1 XiaoYao Elder's internal to lock up JMZ.

Well, Xuzhu hadn't fully mastered his powers and JMZ wasn't some amateur. JMZ would have had no credibility for the rest of the story if he couldn't even hurt XZ with a surprise dagger stab.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post

Another thing to consider; 'traditionally' in JY, it would seem as though most defensive/autoprotect functions are weak against sharp, piercing objects/attacks. We can look at Mei Chaofeng (who was only afraid of the Seventh Freak's sword), Chen Xuanfeng (ultimately undone by a little boy's dagger, even if it was at his 'weak' point), Zhang Wuji (9 Yang autoprotect was penetrated by thin, dagger-like Ying energy), etc. etc.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Yup, GJ was struck by a blunt staff like weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Another thing to consider; 'traditionally' in JY, it would seem as though most defensive/autoprotect functions are weak against sharp, piercing objects/attacks. We can look at Mei Chaofeng (who was only afraid of the Seventh Freak's sword), Chen Xuanfeng (ultimately undone by a little boy's dagger, even if it was at his 'weak' point), Zhang Wuji (9 Yang autoprotect was penetrated by thin, dagger-like Ying energy), etc. etc.
    Yes, but I don't think Xuzhu's auto-protect is traditional, because it successfully "auto"-deflected SWORD GOD's sword.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

But is that a 'special' auto-protect, or auto-protect for a person with an absolutely ridiculous high amount of internal energy?

There's just no one on his level with whom we can make a comparison.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!