Thread: santa fe, new mexico

Default santa fe, new mexico

this is a totally random place for most asians i know. but what is there to do in santa fe this time of year? please help. thanks. and no, i don't care for cowboys.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Are you into skiing? The mountains there should still have snow, and while they aren't famous like the nearby Colorado Rockies, locals tell me it offers some pretty good trails. And of course, there are other snow activities like cross-country and snow shoeing. Will you be going soon? Snow should be melting within a few weeks. If you're going a little later, the hiking is supposed to be beautiful.

There are some hot springs within the vicinity that could be a nice short trip. I'm hoping to make it out there some time too.

As for the city itself, I really liked the historic plaza in downtown. It is really pretty and "feels" different from the rest of New Mexico. The old buildings make really nice pics for your camera too. And, there is a surprisingly decent culinary scene in the downtown area.

Hope that helps.

thanks hoju! i may skip skiing this season as my knees are getting worse, but the hot springs is the reason for the trip! well that and doing something new, but it's still a toss up between santa fe and vegas still (which we've done numerous times, but it's so close to where i live).

i hope we can go to santa fe near the end of this month. will you be around then? i'll let you know what we decide on and ask for more info later. but what you've provided helped... a lot!
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Vegas and Santa Fe are reaaaally different. There is a Las Vegas, NM, but I'm not quite certain that's what you had in mind. Santa Fe is a charming little city and could make a nice weekend trip. Albuquerque is an hour away, but I don't think I would recommend it as a vacation destination unless you're bored.

I am a few hours away from Santa Fe, but I'll be going home at the end of the month so I won't be around.

thanks for all your help again.

and it's las vegas, nevada that my friends wanted to go to...apparently, there's this atypical vegas resort that is perfect for women to relax!