Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for the Title of a Series. Ask Here!

Sounds like Road For The Heroes 出位江湖, starring Roger Kwok and Alvina Kong

Opening: http://youtube.com/watch?v=LO_afQppFpI

Just to clarify it a bit. Yeah, Maz999 is right.

Alvina Kong and Roger Kwok play those orphans that was raised by Lau Kong. Alvina Kong is actually the illegitimate daughter of Bak Biu's character and Roger Kwok's character was an orphan. The reason Lau Kong had to raise Alvina is because Bak Biu wanted to be the next leader of the school after Bao Fong so he had to earn his martial sister's heart and marry her (and not Alvina's mom), but Law Lok Lam's character who was the martial brother of Bak Biu disagreed and decided to create his own school/clan against Bak Biu after Bao Fong's character died. Both Bak Biu and LLL loved their Siu Si Mui but she knew the truth and decided to become a nun in seclusion.

Alvina had to be raised as a boy because LLL's men were always after her and Lau Kong thought he could save her by doing that.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 04-27-08 at 06:42 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Thanks, I thought Roger was in that series but wasnt sure so didn't put his name.

Here is another series that is stuck in my head. I watched it 17+ years ago.

The only part that I remember was it told the story about a little girl who was really poor. She made a special soup (potato? and rice?). Later, she works for a rich family. The family's son won't eat anything. She made the soup for him and he ate it. The series is very sad. Not too much details that I can remember.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

Quote Originally Posted by hkopinions View Post
    Thanks, I thought Roger was in that series but wasnt sure so didn't put his name.

Here is another series that is stuck in my head. I watched it 17+ years ago.

The only part that I remember was it told the story about a little girl who was really poor. She made a special soup (potato? and rice?). Later, she works for a rich family. The family's son won't eat anything. She made the soup for him and he ate it. The series is very sad. Not too much details that I can remember.
    Can you tell what type of time setting it is? Why is the series sad?

Somehow, I have an inkling this might be that Liza Wong and Damien Lau series: Yesterday's Glitters? Although I might be wrong because I never seen that series.

Dangit, where is Hoju! and that other dude that's good at guessing TV series? Forgot his name. Oh yeah, Almo89! How about you Maz999, any clue? These people need to come here and guess what series HKO has in mind.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I think the era might be 1940s? Rural setting? Sad, cause the girl was poor, went through starvation ,poverty...
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

Default Gives me names of Modern Action series?

Please give me some names of Modern Action series. Please nothing recent. Please also do not mention coming soon series.

Please ONLY MENTION series from 1995-2005 or so. Nothing over 2005 though. Thanks!
    Currently Watching: A Watchdog's Tale

Armed Reaction?
    The later sequels lacked the relative charm and attractiveness of the first.

secret of the heart

Kung Fu Master and Kung Fu Master from Guangdong were some martial arts ones. Do those count as action? I don't remember TVB doing that many modern actioners that were good. There was this Donnie Yen cop show. I forgot the name.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Default Thanks

Thanks alot guys for your effort. But unfortunatly, I've watched the series you have mentioned so far.

Almo89, I don't think I've watched that Donnie Yen Cop Show. He doesn't even look familiar to me.

Default What is the Vietnamese title for this show?

http://www.ehit.com/viewitem?idproduct=8927

Star's Jordan Chan, i can't find the vietnamese title for this show,please help, thanks.

Default Answer

Agreed. I'm pretty sure it's Yesterday's Glitter (京華春夢) w/ Damian Lau & Liza Wang. This series did take place in the 1940's (Period Dramas).

Now I would like to ask one.

This series starred Ekin Cheng & William So. I'm pretty sure most of you don't know William So. He worked with Dayo Wong in "Hail The Judge".

This was named Early Beat or something. I'm not sure though. Please help!

Default what is this short series with andy lau?

this old man/master trys to find THE ONE..with a tatoo on the bottom of his feet. the master finds him and they go along with this dorky character to this mountain to defeat this witch/Sorcerer . they fight most magic. i think it's around 1990. also, after this series which was rented way back then, they had a tvb variety program included since the series was so short. this program had ie 5 singers, which one was a male. the only singer i know was teresa cheung lak. the begining had a dragon coming out dancing and then the actor and actress came out. then th singers would come and sing then later they would sing individually. i want to know the name of this program and also the singers.

Default Duplicate Thread

Uhmm for some reason i think this is a duplicate thread.

Main: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=23782

Quote Originally Posted by fresh korn View Post
    this old man/master trys to find THE ONE..with a tatoo on the bottom of his feet. the master finds him and they go along with this dorky character to this mountain to defeat this witch/Sorcerer . they fight most magic. i think it's around 1990.
    I think you mean this short series.

Heavenly Swordsman and the Spoiled...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sensasian.com/images/products/V4093H.jpg')

yes, the heaven swordsman and the spoiled. thanks so much. yeah, this was a cheesy series. but when my parents rented this, there was a tvb program..maybe a chinese new year show that was included in the tape at the end. this will help me research to find that program. again, thanks.

Default what's the title of this series?

EDIT: I have found out the title. It is The Assasination of Ma starred by David Chiang.
    Last edited by azuki; 08-24-08 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Closed!

Default Trying to Find this TVB Series

Hey, I was wondering if any of you people know a series with the following description: The actor "Eddy Ko" is a kung fu master and somehow manages to transfer his kung fu to his student. And that very student tries to learn the more advance levels of the kung fu that "Eddy Ko" gave him through the book "eddy ko" gave him. Eventually the solution to the answer lied in a leaf which had little squares cut out and acted as a sort of stencil to reveal exactly which parts he had to read. Oh, and I think I recall there being a woman with white hair in this series.

I'm pretty sure it was a TVB series. Anyways, hopefully you guys can help me out.

TVB series "The Other Side of the Horizon" and indian channel name is "HOME TV"

Default many thanks...

I bow to thee....terrific memory you have....