Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the Title of a Series. Ask Here!

Default looking for this series..

I don't know the title or any of the cast members. I just remember bits and pieces of the plot. (I watched this sooooo long ago. Probably when I was around 14 or so, lol. Ahem, way over a decade for me.) Please bare with me. I don't know any names from the series.

There's a... I guess, famous man in the martial arts world, and he has a son, a daughter and an adopted son (who's actually played by an actress, for the purpose of later story plot). His adopted son is more reliable and better than his real son, who gets jealous and angry at his father and neglects his family and responsibilities. I think he fades out of the story for a bit.

The adopted son is in love with the sister, who only sees him as a brother. He later rapes her, but I don't remember the reason why. The father finds out that his daughter was rape and aborted the pregnacy, and locks her away in some place, out of shame. She doesn't know who raped her till later. (Oh I think the daughter's name is Thieu Diep.. lol, I only remembered it 'cause it was a pretty name. =P)

The daughter meets this young wanderer. I labeled the guy that 'cause I can't remember his background at all! lol. =( She actually was going to kill herself by drowning in the lake, but he was riding by in a small boat and saw her, so he saved her. (Aaah they are the reason I really want to find this series and watch it.) He later ends up working in her father's clan, and they spend time together and fall in love. The adopted son's true character gets revealed, and maybe his plot exposed.. not sure what exactly. But he gets kicked out of clan.. this is the weird part I remember: that adopted son confides in some man, who secretly puts some potion into the wine for the guy to drink. The potion slowly turns the adopted son.. into a woman. @_@;; Yes, I thought that was soooo weird, but I ignored it for the romance of the daughter. =P

So that adopted son becomes a woman, and the last half of the series, comes back to seek revenge on that family. I don't even remember how it all ended. So if someone could help me out with the series title and some of the cast members, I'll be so happy! I've been searching for a year now, and you guys are my last hope! Thanks, and sorry it's so long.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by namida View Post
    I don't know the title or any of the cast members. I just remember bits and pieces of the plot. (I watched this sooooo long ago. Probably when I was around 14 or so, lol. Ahem, way over a decade for me.) Please bare with me. I don't know any names from the series.

There's a... I guess, famous man in the martial arts world, and he has a son, a daughter and an adopted son (who's actually played by an actress, for the purpose of later story plot). His adopted son is more reliable and better than his real son, who gets jealous and angry at his father and neglects his family and responsibilities. I think he fades out of the story for a bit.

The adopted son is in love with the sister, who only sees him as a brother. He later rapes her, but I don't remember the reason why. The father finds out that his daughter was rape and aborted the pregnacy, and locks her away in some place, out of shame. She doesn't know who raped her till later. (Oh I think the daughter's name is Thieu Diep.. lol, I only remembered it 'cause it was a pretty name. =P)

The daughter meets this young wanderer. I labeled the guy that 'cause I can't remember his background at all! lol. =( She actually was going to kill herself by drowning in the lake, but he was riding by in a small boat and saw her, so he saved her. (Aaah they are the reason I really want to find this series and watch it.) He later ends up working in her father's clan, and they spend time together and fall in love. The adopted son's true character gets revealed, and maybe his plot exposed.. not sure what exactly. But he gets kicked out of clan.. this is the weird part I remember: that adopted son confides in some man, who secretly puts some potion into the wine for the guy to drink. The potion slowly turns the adopted son.. into a woman. @_@;; Yes, I thought that was soooo weird, but I ignored it for the romance of the daughter. =P

So that adopted son becomes a woman, and the last half of the series, comes back to seek revenge on that family. I don't even remember how it all ended. So if someone could help me out with the series title and some of the cast members, I'll be so happy! I've been searching for a year now, and you guys are my last hope! Thanks, and sorry it's so long.
    You are probably referring to Meteor Butterfly Sword which was based on the GuLong novel by the same title. There's several version of it, but I'm not sure which you are referring to.

Singapore version was made in 1993 and is called "The Great Conspiracy" http://www.spcnet.tv/Singapore-TV-Se...iew-r1633.html

Movie version is called "Butterfly and Sword" and stars Tony Leung, Michelle Yeoh, etc. and can be viewed here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z3qU...x=0&playnext=1

Mainland version of 2003 is Meteor Butterfly Sword aka "Liu Xing Hu Die Jian" and stars Adam Cheng as the father of Thieu Diep and Allen Ting is the wandering swordman (actually hired assassin) http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=12124

The viet title is translated to Luu tinh Ho Diep Kiem.
    Last edited by MysticDust; 02-08-09 at 09:09 PM.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    Singapore version was made in 1993 and is called "The Great Conspiracy" http://www.spcnet.tv/Singapore-TV-Se...iew-r1633.html
    Thanks! The Singapore version was what I'm looking for. I knew I could count on you guys! Also, does anyone know where I can get this? Whether viewing online or actually purchasing it. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by namida View Post
    Thanks! The Singapore version was what I'm looking for. I knew I could count on you guys! Also, does anyone know where I can get this? Whether viewing online or actually purchasing it. Thanks again!
    You are lucky I saw all three versions (I had a feeling you were looking for the Singapore version b/c that ambiguous guy character is played by a girl). I assume you want the viet version since you called that one girl "Thieu Diep" so here's the actual title: "Lien hoa tranh ba". If you do a google search, you can probably find random sites that will allow you to download or buy it. Here's the opening theme: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x59...spi_shortfilms

It's probably easier to find the Mainland version, which can be found under the title "Luu Tinh Ho diep kiem" http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/ca...491942tdbCAx5b
    Last edited by MysticDust; 02-08-09 at 09:26 PM.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Default Pai An Jing Qi

After seeing a music video on huang xiao ming, I became obsessed with knowing which movie it was. I found out it was Pai An Jing Qi (Secret Murder, Amazing Cases), but I want to watch it in Vietnamese. Does anyone know the title of it, or one with english subtitles. It's known as King of Judge, but I have know clue of what's going on. Please reply I am going crazy by trying to find it.

( )'s = I think
    The rest I know

There is a couple.
    There is some evil corporation doing crimes.
    (I think Kate Tsui's Father in the The Price of Greed was in it)
    The girl gets into a car crash and loses her memory
    Then she joins the evil corporation and forgets her boyfriend.
    (I think her English Subtitled Name is Brenda in the Series)
    (I think it was at least 5 years ago)

That's about it. If you find it, I will love you.

Hi, I was wondering if anybody could help me find this series..

It features a man who goes blind in the end after a surgery. He sits in front of a rainbow with a woman. (very sad.. =( )

Sorry.. that's all the information i have.. thanks!

does anyone know the vietnamese title for happy ever after? with bobby and marianne? the one where he wants to be a royal chef? thanks
    patience..............just be patient...........

Default Looking For A Series

I'm looking for a series that starred Bobby Au Yeung and Wong He. Not sure but I think Wayne Lai was in it too. It was something about customs or something. Help!

EDIT: Found it =) Nothing To Declare.
    Last edited by LuckyMx; 07-22-09 at 02:20 AM.
    Currently Watching: A Watchdog's Tale

Default Sorry need help in finding series

There's one swordfighting series name that i can't remember. All i remember is that there's one character called Bufan. And the girl he likes in the end backstabbed him. She died, i think in the end. One girl like to wear green the other purple i think in the picture of the series, something like that. Pls help. Thanks.

Default Looking for a series

nvm thanks for all your help. i found out the name of the series - its the Jade Fox. okay thanks.

there is this tvb series i think is named Tian Lun which starred ada choi as a villianess, was it released in vcd or dvd anywhere? ...

Quote Originally Posted by jSMl2046 View Post
    there is this tvb series i think is named Tian Lun which starred ada choi as a villianess, was it released in vcd or dvd anywhere? ...
    It's called "The Link" and the U.S. DVD version is on sale at yesasia.com:

http://www.yesasia.com/us/the-link-v...0-en/info.html

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    It's called "The Link" and the U.S. DVD version is on sale at yesasia.com:

http://www.yesasia.com/us/the-link-v...0-en/info.html
    yes yes yes! this is the show, thanks!

Does anyone know the title of a show where the main character rode a white horse and was referred to as "Mah Yee Lung"? And the two female characters, one called "Big Bowl" the other "Little Bowl"? The villian was female and disguised.

Quote Originally Posted by addicted2tvb View Post
    Does anyone know the title of a show where the main character rode a white horse and was referred to as "Mah Yee Lung"? And the two female characters, one called "Big Bowl" the other "Little Bowl"? The villian was female and disguised.
    That sounds very much like the Righteous Blood Cleansing Silver Spear story, although I don't recall it ever being made into a TVB series! It's semi translated in the wuxia translations forum.

Default PLEASE help on TV Series Title!?

Please help me on a HK series title?

I'm not sure if it was TVB or ATV or Taiwan or Mainland series produced.
    There were an all star cast including TV series cast Eddie Cheung, Esther Kwan, Fennie Yuen, Jackie Liu in it, Ko Hing,
    The theme song was sung by Andy Lau and because I'm not Chinese, obviously I don't know the title of the song. The song is called 中國人

The series setting, included ancient/modern/shanghai times and I think the movie was about different Assassins..

If anyone knows the title please help me out thank you!

If anyone knows the vietnamese or English title, that would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Lisa108; 08-19-09 at 01:12 AM.

I actually got the villain mixed up with another show so I am not sure that the villain is female. But i did go and check the Righteous Blood thread and it seems like it may be the show. At least, the names sound very close. The show I saw was by TVB, I'm pretty sure. I want to say one of the actresses was from The Return of the Condor Heroes 1983 - i think she played the good daughter of Wong Rung.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    That sounds very much like the Righteous Blood Cleansing Silver Spear story, although I don't recall it ever being made into a TVB series! It's semi translated in the wuxia translations forum.

Okay, another show I'm curious about. It starred Liza Wang. She was sold to different men, fell in love with a poor man, and at the end, dies from being stabbed. Does anyone know the title?

Default Title of an old Andy Lau TVB series..

Hi guys...I need a name of an old andy lau's tvb series. I can only remember this: it stars Andy Lau...Lau Dan....Tse Yin. and thats all i can remember.

Lau Dan is some guy from heaven, came down and taught Andy Lau how to float on water by using a little branch and it will propel him back to safety. Somehow along the way, he went and tried to be in this taoist school where Tse Yin is the head there. THats pretty much all I can remember.

Anyone know what i'm talking about?

QF
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味