Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the Title of a Series. Ask Here!

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    Viet title: Nu Tuan An
    Chinese Title: 超級女巡按

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Cjq6o52yw
    I want to watch that series. I saw the trailer when it came out or a couple years after it came out but never got to see it. It stars Angela Pan Yin Tze.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I want to watch that series. I saw the trailer when it came out or a couple years after it came out but never got to see it. It stars Angela Pan Yin Tze.
    just finish watching this last week. The beginning was good, but the ending kinda sucks. I do like the main characters, however. The Eunuch was so adorable (and I'm usually not his fan).
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

just finish watching this last week. The beginning was good, but the ending kinda sucks. I do like the main characters, however. The Eunuch was so adorable (and I'm usually not his fan).
    You should live near me so we can watch dramas together. You seem to have access to old and good resource of tv series.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by AkyraBaby View Post
    I watched this movie/series when I was younger, early 90s I believe, and it was dubbed in Vietnamese.

It's about this couple who is getting ready to get married (modern day). Then something happens and the bride (still in her wedding dress) falls through the air and lands back in time (ancient China). Throughout the whole series, she tries to get back home to her modern day life and soon-to-be husband, who is also trying to find her. I think it's a comedy with a bit of drama/action.

I remember that this was a good story and I've been thinking about it here and there over the years but never really focused on finding it. Googled and searched everywhere but no luck. Now that I stumbled upon this forum I would love to find it again.

Does anyone know what it's called?

Please re-post here with any info.
    Viet title: Nu Tuan An
    Chinese Title: 超級女巡按

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Cjq6o52yw

Hey thanks! Now I have to see where I can watch it at.

By the way, the main girl looks like an Asian Paris Hilton, lol.
    Last edited by AkyraBaby; 12-21-09 at 04:54 PM.

I was wondering if you could help me find three series that I am looking for but I do not know the name of the series or the actors/actresses involved. All three series were made in the early 90's.

1. It is a ancient type of series, it involves blacksmiths. I think it was about a meteor that fell to earth and they used it to make a special sword (or two) from it. I remember that there was a blacksmith who worked for the bad guy who went to see an old friend who was also a blacksmith. They both began forging swords and the friend came out with the better sword at the end of the contest.

2. It is a ancient type of series, I think there was two or three parts. There were two men and a woman as the main characters. I think there was a girl in there that had some kind of lock around her leg or neck and whoever had the key to it would marry her and at the end of the first series she was about to marry one of the main characters until someone showed up with the key and it ended there. I think there was a part where the girl played chinese chess against two people separately and used their moves against them in order to tie with them.

3. This is not a kiem hiep series but an adventure series. I remember a guy in there who was a cross dresser and had long hair and makeup. There was a guy who wore a mask. It was a series that had pool tables in the bad guy's hideout. The main character was a lone wolf and whoever he got involved with would end up dying. I remember that there were motorcycles in the series. I think there were two or three series altogether but I'm not sure. The opening uses Kitaro music, specifically the song Orochi.

Default Help Find A Series

This is a semi modern series, I think it takes place in the 1920s. I remember a guy in there who was a cross dresser, had long hair and makeup, and wore a suit. He was one of the bad guys and his hangout was a bar/club with pool tables. There was a guy who wore a mask, I think it was silver. The main character was a lone wolf and whoever he got involved with would end up dying. I think one of his love interests ends up dying in his arms. I remember that there were motorcycles in the series. I think there were two or three series altogether but I'm not sure. The opening uses Kitaro music, specifically the song Orochi. I remember a scene in the opening where three or four gus on motorcycles are circling around the two main characters in order to trap them in. This took place in a field. I think in one of the series, one of the good guys love interest gets taken hostage and is tied up on a pole. A few moments later the two opposing sides meet and they go at it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated it. I've been trying to find this series for over 10 years. It was made in the early 90's.

Here's a link to the opening song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fzNOj2HexQ

I'm getting desperate now. I will paypal $50 to anyone who can help me identify this series.

Thumbs up

I finally found 超級女巡按 online and started watching it already. I do enjoy watching the eunuch character played by Cui HaoRan. I liked his character in Angela Pan's version of Wu ZeTian too. Here he's such a vain, funny, playful and yes, very adorable character.

I didn't like his portrayal of MuRong Fu in the Taiwanese adaptation of DGSD though.

Default looking for title of series

hi all, I signed up for this forum in hope someone could help me.

I dont remember much of the series, only it was fun and there were twin brothers. one had a normal life and one was somekinda king i think, im not sure if they switched life cant remember. the one who was a king he could fight and the other one couldnt. Sorry i cant remember more.

I think i saw this first time 15 years ago..

can anyone help desperat to find and watch this series again.

thank you

Post Need help looking for an old series

Hello everyone. I looked everywhere for this movie. It's about a girl who transform into a phoenix and she has to return to this lake to change back into human. I also remember about a guy who is playing a flute. Can anyone help. I'm looking for the english title, but i need it dubbed in khmer.
    Last edited by ahxsna; 02-18-10 at 02:11 AM.

I remember when i first came to America at 1998 and my grandma showed me this series, i remembered the actor before (Yes i looked for it before and i forgot about it and i came across this thread so why not give it a try). All i can remember was the series is about the stock market, it begins with this guy driving a car to this old village and then see all the starving kids then he shake this candy box and bla candy came out, it was like magic. The story is pretty much about this guy being very good at the stock market and later on he met his match and they fighting over something. This series got stuck to my head for so long for some reason. Hope someone can pinpoint to me the title perhaps. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by ItsCJ View Post
    I remember when i first came to America at 1998 and my grandma showed me this series, i remembered the actor before (Yes i looked for it before and i forgot about it and i came across this thread so why not give it a try). All i can remember was the series is about the stock market, it begins with this guy driving a car to this old village and then see all the starving kids then he shake this candy box and bla candy came out, it was like magic. The story is pretty much about this guy being very good at the stock market and later on he met his match and they fighting over something. This series got stuck to my head for so long for some reason. Hope someone can pinpoint to me the title perhaps. Thanks in advance
    Divine Retribution?

http://www.spcnet.tv/ATV-TV-Series/D...tion-p104.html
    . . . the rayolie hideout >>>

人在江湖, 身不由己。天下英雄, 到底有誰能夠 ── 笑傲江湖?

Default Need More Help Identifying A Series

Everyone is so knowledgeable on here so I am going to push my luck and ask for more help:

It was a period/fantasy piece...the beginning focused on an immature girl who had great kung fu skills but just enjoyed playing around and pulling pranks (and causing trouble for her parents)...one fight that I remember, she fought two guys who lived in the ocean; one guy was a turtle-man and when she beat him, she jumped onto his back and ripped out his spinal cord and had fun with it because it was stretchy. The lady who led these men obviously was not pleased and confronted her folks about it.

Eventually this immature girl has an epiphany and matures...for some reason she also gets a kung fu master (?) to upgrade/infuse her body...she went from some kiddie pink outfit to a green top and skirt with boots and a spear.

The last scene I remember was her and some other masters fighting some super-powered bad-guys/girls one of whom blew spiderwebs out of her mouth...

For all I know this is an ATV series, but I have no idea...any help is appreciated because I really liked the buildup in that series as well!

You're looking at "Fung San Bong", a very old iteration of the same series which Benny Chan was in about 7 years ago. The version you saw (from the spider girl reference) was probably in the late 70s or early 80s. It wasn't a girl, it was a girl playing Na-cha, the Chinese deity.

Quote Originally Posted by ahxsna View Post
    Hello everyone. I looked everywhere for this movie. It's about a girl who transform into a phoenix and she has to return to this lake to change back into human. I also remember about a guy who is playing a flute. Can anyone help. I'm looking for the english title, but i need it dubbed in khmer.
    This is a 1990 Taiwanese production starring Angela Pan Yinzi and Michael Miu Kiu Wai.
    English title: Flaming Bathing Phoenix (? seems like a weird title, but it was on wikipedia)
    Chinese title: 浴火鳳凰第
    Viet title: phuong hoang than nu

Opening theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcUn0TzJXYg

My thoughts on this drama: it was an old Taiwanese period drama so of course the background, fighting, etc is really bad and fake looking. However, it has a very original story that have not yet been replicated over the years (to my knowledge). Angela's outfits all made her look angelic looking, while plenty of the cast members are silly looking. Michael plays a very selfish, silly character. The only time that I really liked him in here was when he plays the evil monster disguised as his character (he's so good evil).

My favorite characters are the Dragon prince of the east who plays the flute to cool down the lake, the prince of the evil realm, and the snake demoness who is obsessed with being young and who's in love with the prince.

My favorite part in the movie is when the prince was temporary blind and the snake demoness pretends to be a kind girl who took care of him.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I finally found 超級女巡按 online and started watching it already. I do enjoy watching the eunuch character played by Cui HaoRan. I liked his character in Angela Pan's version of Wu ZeTian too. Here he's such a vain, funny, playful and yes, very adorable character.

I didn't like his portrayal of MuRong Fu in the Taiwanese adaptation of DGSD though.
    Sometimes, Suet Seung, I wonder if I hacked into your account and wrote the things you post. Honestly, I agree with a lot of the things you say.

Does anyone know the Viet title for Beyond the Rose Garden (with Tony Leung Chiu Wai)? It's an early 80's TVB production that's apparently playing on TVB Viet Nam right now (we don't have TVB, a friend mentioned it).

Quote Originally Posted by hinako442003 View Post
    Does anyone know the Viet title for Beyond the Rose Garden (with Tony Leung Chiu Wai)? It's an early 80's TVB production that's apparently playing on TVB Viet Nam right now (we don't have TVB, a friend mentioned it).
    Trở Lại 19 Tuổi, I think, also stars Angie Chiu.

very good of this

Hello,

I need help to get a song title from old series. Does anybody remember "You light up my life" starring Canti Lau? I think he sang the OST, and then Aaron Kwok also released the same song again.

Here is the song :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-c9L...x=2&playnext=2

Can anybody tell me the English title of the song? Is it the same title for both Canti's and Aaron's version?

Thanks for your help.

What is Canti doing now? Did he quit the movie business?
    Last edited by blueberry; 07-19-10 at 08:34 PM.