Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the Title of a Series. Ask Here!

What a coincidence cause I just started watching this recently and am on the last episode. Ahh! Knowing about the sad ending makes me not want to watch it, but I really like Frankie's and Athena's characters. : (
    Less Than Perfect

This going to be quite hard since I barely remember it.

(1) I think it was made prior to year 2000.
    (2) The first episode start out (I think) with a guy on a horse running toward a remote place where two family live.
    (3) This guy went there to ask for help, the two male apparently know Martial Arts, and they probably strong fighter hence the reason why their help was requested. They say goodbye to their wife and left along with the guy.
    (4) The two family was friend I think (possible blood/brother), both of them were married, the two wife were pregnant at that time I believe.
    (5) It was a remote place, only two house. The two male were farmer of sort for a living.
    (6) The two males went to fight with the 'villian' in a town I think, I think the villian used a spear, I'm not sure of that. I remember they fought on a "ROUND" arena. They both lost and die as part of plot device, during this moment I think the two wife went into labor (maybe).

That all I remember. The extra bit might be part of the same series or different. If different, wonder if anyone know what the series called.
    (7) There few assassin who sword were their belt. They were dress in black and move at night time. When they fight, they pull out their belt, which turned out to be a flexible sword.

PS. This was a series, may or may not be TVB.
    Hope someone can help me ^_^.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkaos View Post

(2) The first episode start out (I think) with a guy on a horse running toward a remote place where two family live.
    (3) This guy went there to ask for help, the two male apparently know Martial Arts, and they probably strong fighter hence the reason why their help was requested. They say goodbye to their wife and left along with the guy.
    (4) The two family was friend I think (possible blood/brother), both of them were married, the two wife were pregnant at that time I believe.
    (5) It was a remote place, only two house. The two male were farmer of sort for a living.
    (6) The two males went to fight with the 'villian' in a town I think, I think the villian used a spear, I'm not sure of that. I remember they fought on a "ROUND" arena. They both lost and die as part of plot device, during this moment I think the two wife went into labor (maybe).

That all I remember. The extra bit might be part of the same series or different. If different, wonder if anyone know what the series called.
    (7) There few assassin who sword were their belt. They were dress in black and move at night time. When they fight, they pull out their belt, which turned out to be a flexible sword.

1-4 sounds very much like Legend of the Condor Heroes. But thats probably not what you're looking for. Can you give a more narrow date of when it was made and WHO was in it? More description would help
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

It could possibly the Taiwanese show called Legendary Siblings 2. It would fit with 1, 2 and 3 not sure on 5 while for 6, they did fight a guy in a town but he used a big sword and they literally fought in a town and not an arena.

Both was brothers but the wives had already given birth to babies as opposed to being pregnant.
    Quote Originally Posted by remixedasian View Post
    6: Duan Yu is the greatest martial artist of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    1-4 sounds very much like Legend of the Condor Heroes. But thats probably not what you're looking for. Can you give a more narrow date of when it was made and WHO was in it? More description would help
    No idea about the date. My guess of when I watched would be around 1998-2002. I doubt it Legend of Condor Heroes, cause I seen that recently. As for those other question, I'm at a loss. I watched it as a kid and my memory isn't that great.

Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    It could possibly the Taiwanese show called Legendary Siblings 2. It would fit with 1, 2 and 3 not sure on 5 while for 6, they did fight a guy in a town but he used a big sword and they literally fought in a town and not an arena.

Both was brothers but the wives had already given birth to babies as opposed to being pregnant.
    You might be right, I have given this series some consideration but when I read synopsis/summary it seem to be out of place so I was kinda reluctant.

By any chance you remember which episode which the two Dad/Husband fight the Big Sword guy? I try looking at some online video but can't seem to find it. And maybe the part where the 'horse guy' asking for help.

I really hazy on this series, all the information above is really uncertain in detail. But I'm sure (100%) of a few thing;

(1) 2 family/couples, live in separate house.
    (2) Horse guy on horse
    (3) 2 Husband/Dad fight villain together and die.

As for the weapon (spear or sword), pregnancy (born or unborn) and setting (town), those I'm not sure about.

I watched this a few year/s after State of Divinity 1996, don't know if that any help.
    Oh and, this series was on Video Tape (VCR), so it was a about period of time before VCD become the mainstream.
    I think I might have watched this before the Y2K freak out, my family bought quite a lot of backup supply at the end 1999. However I'm not quite certain on this point.

I appreciate yours help. Hope I can contribute in future.
    Last edited by Darkaos; 12-27-10 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nicfanz View Post
    Anyone know the viet title to the series "Life for Life" starring Michael Tse, Marianne Chan, and Cutie Mui?
    It call Van Menh/Vận Mệnh. Here a Google search.
    Last edited by Darkaos; 12-27-10 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Sorry for double posting, can't find delete post button.

No idea about the date. My guess of when I watched would be around 1998-2002. I doubt it Legend of Condor Heroes, cause I seen that recently. As for those other question, I'm at a loss. I watched it as a kid and my memory isn't that great.

You might be right, I have given this series some consideration but when I read synopsis/summary it seem to be out of place so I was kinda reluctant.

By any chance you remember which episode which the two Dad/Husband fight the Big Sword guy? I try looking at some online video but can't seem to find it. And maybe the part where the 'horse guy' asking for help.

I really hazy on this series, all the information above is really uncertain in detail. But I'm sure (100%) of a few thing;

(1) 2 family/couples, live in separate house.
    (2) Horse guy on horse
    (3) 2 Husband/Dad fight villain together and die.

As for the weapon (spear or sword), pregnancy (born or unborn) and setting (town), those I'm not sure about.

I watched this a few year/s after State of Divinity 1996, don't know if that any help.
    Oh and, this series was on Video Tape (VCR), so it was a about period of time before VCD become the mainstream.
    I think I might have watched this before the Y2K freak out, my family bought quite a lot of backup supply at the end 1999. However I'm not quite certain on this point.

I appreciate yours help. Hope I can contribute in future.
    It should all be in the first episode as the story was actually about the 2 guys' kids. Try and search on youtube or baidu with the chinese name + Jimmy Lin. Even if you can't find the episodes, the themesong should have part of the fight you are referring to.

Thank you, this is the right series. It doesn't look as grand and cool as I thought it would, it kinda different...maybe it was a different adaptation.

Welcome, but this isn't really an adaption. It is a 'sequel' thought up by the TV station to Gu Long's story Legendary Siblings.

Herroooo! ^_^

I'm in desperate need of a title to this one gambling series I've watched in the past.

All I remember is that the protagonist was a lucky guy born on a lucky day on a lucky hour and given a lucky name by his fortune-telling father.

- i remember watching it in cantonese
    - sometime in the 90's, but i watched it syndicated on television in america so that could be off
    - based on "modern" times - there were regular cars and not a rick-shaw in sight

Here's a couple of scenes I remember:

1) The guy gets arrested by a female cop and he has diarrhea or something, cop says too bad but we're blocks away from any bathroom and plenty of stoplights - and then all the lights turned green just as they reached it

2) There's a card counting character that wears glasses and had a breakdown because he can't count the cards that the gamblers were using sleight of hand on

3) There's a man with an eye patch that say that you would be the best gambler if you could catch an arrow that's flying towards your chest. Then later say that even that is not enough to beat the main villain.

Please help! I've tried everything but I can't seem to find this series! D:
    Last edited by Samuel Lam; 01-04-11 at 07:56 PM.

I am looking for a series. I am not sure if it is from Mainland China or Hong Kong.
    It begin with a couple: husband and wife were poor. However, there was a problem and they have to leave where they lived and moved to another place. The husband and wife were separated for awhile and found each other again.

Problems arise and the husband no longer love the wife but she was pregnant with his child. He remarried another woman, who is childless but rich and nice. The wife however met another man who is very kind to her. After she give birth she was not allowed to take her child and the child was put into the care of the husband and his new wife.

The child was told that he had to go live with his real mom. But he grew up his the 2nd wife therefore this upsetted him a lot because she is his only mom. He jumped off the window and passed away.

The wife somehow got rich at the end of the movie.

No idea.

She married the guy who liked her.

It was a great series.

They were dressed in modern clothing.

The series I'm looking for, the hero wears blue and has a modern hair cut, he becomes the head of a sect where his advisors wear skull masks, one of them dead during the leader ceremony, his love interest wears pink and was pushed off a mountain and died. After she dead, this other girl who likes him dressed up like her to try to snap him out of it. There was also this evil tournament where this girl who came with her family won, surprising everybody. I remember it's in canton. It's a really old one, more than twenty years ago.
    Last edited by Bladebird; 01-17-11 at 08:35 PM.

can anyone help me...
    its about a man starring by Bobby Au-yeung..
    the man is forensic...one day his ship meet with hurricane...
    then he end up in a village but he doesn't wish to return to palace..
    there he meet people and be their friend..
    but there is other accident occur and he help into this..
    yaaa...i remember one scene...one day a king/prince come to village to meet with him..
    all people in the village seem surprised when they see how powerful is the forensic!!!!

the second is about a mermaid...
    a mermaid fall in love with a young man..
    when the young man's girlfriend dead..the mermaid disguise herself as his girlfriend..
    the live together...but the guy doesn't realized the his girlfriend/wife is a mermaid...
    he know about it when a demon come to him to tell him about the mermaid..
    then he see when a human leg mermaid got turn into tail when touch the water...

the other is about a goddess become couple with a man..
    when the god know about it...the god punish her...
    the god make the man forget all about the goddess,
    the goddess go to earth to meet the man...she try to make the man remember her again...
    yes...when she went to earth the god take all the goddess power...so it seems that the goddess have no power at all...hmm the goddess duty is to make cloud maybe...
    but in the end its happy ever after ^^

the other series i'm searching for is an action kung fu story
    this story got many heroes...
    but i only remember about only 1 hero...
    the hero i remember is about a monk from shaolin temple...
    one day the monk go to train...but he meet a woman...the woman deceive him to eat meat...he angry maybe
    after that he meet another woman and a lady...they taught him kung fu(the kung fu are other than shaolin kung fu)and the woman and lady are enemy...but after the lady and woman die...he suddenly become a leader of some girls kung fu group..
    after some time...the monk want to become a shaolin monk again so he go to temple..
    he try really hard to become the monk again...but ons day...there is a bad monk come to challenge the temple...the monk try to save the temple and he win...
    but after that all the other monk ask him to leave cause the way of his kung fu now is really different from shaolin way...
    some scene i remember about the other heroes is there is another hero that drunk the drink but actually he transferred the drink from the mouth out to his hand...awesome xD

the other stories is about a goddess...that end up in earth
    she lost her power...then she met a human...she tell him that she is a goddess..
    the man think that she is liar...there is some scene that he saw the goddess hair kinda sparkle i think!!!waa T.T doent remember too much about this one story...

well anyone plzz help me some way...

Quote Originally Posted by Zana Aza View Post
    can anyone help me...
    its about a man starring by Bobby Au-yeung..
    the man is forensic...one day his ship meet with hurricane...
    then he end up in a village but he doesn't wish to return to palace..
    there he meet people and be their friend..
    but there is other accident occur and he help into this..
    yaaa...i remember one scene...one day a king/prince come to village to meet with him..
    all people in the village seem surprised when they see how powerful is the forensic!!!!.
    Witness to a Prosecution 2
    洗冤錄2
    http://www.spcnet.tv/TVB-Series/Witn...n-II-p652.html

the second is about a mermaid...
    a mermaid fall in love with a young man..
    when the young man's girlfriend dead..the mermaid disguise herself as his girlfriend..
    the live together...but the guy doesn't realized the his girlfriend/wife is a mermaid...
    he know about it when a demon come to him to tell him about the mermaid..
    then he see when a human leg mermaid got turn into tail when touch the water...
    Legend Of Heaven & Earth: The Mermaid (aka The Beauty Mermaid)
    天地傳說之魚美人
    http://iask.sina.com.cn/b/5647744.html

the other series i'm searching for is an action kung fu story
    this story got many heroes...
    but i only remember about only 1 hero...
    the hero i remember is about a monk from shaolin temple...
    one day the monk go to train...but he meet a woman...the woman deceive him to eat meat...he angry maybe
    after that he meet another woman and a lady...they taught him kung fu(the kung fu are other than shaolin kung fu)and the woman and lady are enemy...but after the lady and woman die...he suddenly become a leader of some girls kung fu group..
    after some time...the monk want to become a shaolin monk again so he go to temple..
    he try really hard to become the monk again...but ons day...there is a bad monk come to challenge the temple...the monk try to save the temple and he win...
    but after that all the other monk ask him to leave cause the way of his kung fu now is really different from shaolin way...
    some scene i remember about the other heroes is there is another hero that drunk the drink but actually he transferred the drink from the mouth out to his hand...awesome xD
    This is a Demi Gods Semi Devils (天龍八部) adaptation. There are a few of them. So, I don't know which you are look for.
    http://www.spcnet.tv/TVB-Series/The-...vils-p495.html
    http://www.spcnet.tv/TVB-Series/Demi...evils-p96.html
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Does anyone know this time travel one. Three cops from the future follows criminals back to 1992 to save a future judge who is in high school. All three cops have superpowers. One can stretch and has red and black hair. The judge turns out to be the kid who they are living with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladebird View Post
    Does anyone know this time travel one. Three cops from the future follows criminals back to 1992 to save a future judge who is in high school. All three cops have superpowers. One can stretch and has red and black hair. The judge turns out to be the kid who they are living with.
    I think that is "Future Cops" with Andy Lau, etc.

Does anyone know the name of this early 90s TVB drama or movie? I am pretty sure it is a TVB drama but it is very vague to remember. It was very very popular at the time and it was either set in either ancient or pre-modern period.

The drama had to do with wuxia/kung fu/fantasy. It had one of the major characters, who learnt the skill to "kill someone"/"suck up someone's energy" by placing his hand on their heads, suck them (electric appears or something) leaving them dead. I think he was the eldest student of his master. The skill was like the 'ultimate' skill learnt at Level 10 of that martial art.

There was another main character/student whose could do the skill which had something to do with fire...

It was before before 1996, maybe even like 1992-1993.
    Please, does anyone know the name of this drama? Thanks a lot as this means very much to me.

I believe this might be an ATV or TVB series because it was made in the 80's/early 90's and has Law lok Lam in it as a father.

Its really Old period martial arts series, probably early 90's or even
    late 80's with the really shiny costumes.

There is a fight in the Beginning between a girl, all in white, with a
    Devil looking dude, with some really cheesy effects. Lights are
    springing from their fingers. He turns her into a flower, maybe, and
    she stays there on this cliff until this young guy, whose the main
    character sets her free.

She likes him and follows him and sits on a rock and pouts when he
    talks with another woman.

But the Storyline in this series I remember most is about a Brother
    and sister who are orphaned.

The Brother has a gang torturing a young man down in the cellar, and a
    young woman offers the guy a drink, and pours it down on his wounds.
    The sister comes down, and tells them to stop. The brother tells her
    to go back up to house, but the leader of the gang, creepily tells him
    to let the girl be. She tries to give the wounded prisoner water, but
    someone knocks it out of her hand.

Later as she is lamenting near their parent's grave, The Gang leader
    trys to attack her, but she is saved by her brother. She laments some
    more, about her brother and how could he have such friends.

She wears alot of yellow too.

The wounded guy in the cellar escapes and has no where else to go, and
    goes to the sister, insisting, "I don't have anyone else to depend on
    for help" She helps him, until her brother discovers them, and
    threaten to kill the guy.

The sister tells her brother, that the wounded guy is now her husband
    and that if he want to kill the guy, he'd have to kill them both.
    Which he can't, and leaves the room.
    The wounded guy asks, "Is this allright?"
    She replies that she's just trying to make her brother see the error
    of his ways and be a better person. She trys to help him escape but
    they get caught by the gang leader and the brother.

After that I am completely clueless.

There is another girl in the series who finds out the secret identity
    of her father and goes in search of him.

Hi i am looking for a series from the 90s. the only actors i know that are in it are gordon lui and fiona leung. the stories about a boy that wanted to learn kung fu. gordon's character was a master of the preying mantis fist and when he was young he battled the boys father and the father died because he was taking steroids. Throughout the story the boy learns kung fu and finds out that his father died because of gordon. The antagonist of the series is gordon's son. In the end the boy learns to drunken fist and incorporates it with preying mantis fist to defeat gordon's son.

thanks

Hi I am looking for a series with Deric Wan Siu Lun in it. The setting of the movie is like Virtues of Harmony. All I remember was a family living in an apartment with Deric playing a character that lived next door. They also had a dog that could talk with the baby. Does anyone know what the title is. Thanks alot

This is actually a ATV series but does anyone know the Viet title to "The Tie Breaker" starring Michael Tao and Dolphin Chan? It's about a guy who plays table tennis/ping pong but is forced to retire due to an arm injury.