Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for the Title of a Series. Ask Here!

Question Anyone Recognize this Drama?

Hmm, so I watched this series a long way back, about 8 or so years ago. I can't remember the name of it, but I do remember quite a lot of the plot:

Near the beginning there's an earthquake, and this man and woman fall in love. But the guy is blind (thanks to the earthquake?). Stuff ends up happening and the guy left, or something, and the girl goes to find him (she goes to Singapore, I think, and she's pregnant with his child). There, she meets a police officer (he's kind of chubby) and he's really nice to her, but she doesn't like him. She also meets a kind old lady who takes her in. In the end, the police officer dies because a house gets burned down.

Uh.. back at home, the main character has a little sister. Her mom is one of those greedy, evil people, and tells her little sister to pretend to be the main character so that the guy will marry her (he's richer than they are, and doesn't know what the girl looks like, since he was blind during the earthquake). Stuff happens and in the end, the two main characters (guy and girl) finally meet up.

I know that wasn't eloquent at all, but I hope it wasn't terribly confusing. Does anyone know what drama I'm referring to? I'd greatly appreciate the name of it ^_^;

Question what series is this?

Hello TVB fans,

I've came across this series w/ Benny Chan & Ron Ng and I can't tell if it's new or old, the viet title was Ti`nh No^`ng. I'm watching it w/ viet dub (only 1 person talking). Can anyone give me a clue on what it is about? Thanks

Link for the series:
    http://www.thegioiphim.com/phimonlin...b338022d9.html

As far as I know, Benny Chan and Ron Ng never collaborated. I could be wrong though.

Question

Well, I'm watching it right now, Ron & Benny are climbing the mountain and Ron fell! So far there are a lot of strange looking people in here, I'm watching like 10 mins already, maybe it's not TVB series???

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    Well, I'm watching it right now, Ron & Benny are climbing the mountain and Ron fell! So far there are a lot of strange looking people in here, I'm watching like 10 mins already, maybe it's not TVB series???
    Can you explain some parts of the plot? Maybe I'll remember...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    As far as I know, Benny Chan and Ron Ng never collaborated. I could be wrong though.
    Perhaps not with TVB, they haven't collaborated.

TiffTiff:

This is called Chocolate Lover. I believe it's a mainland idol drama. I only found out about this series through this link: http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index...owtopic=415306
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Perhaps not with TVB, they haven't collaborated.

TiffTiff:

This is called Chocolate Lover. I believe it's a mainland idol drama. I only found out about this series through this link: http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index...owtopic=415306
    Wow, you're so knowledgeable, SS.

Red face

Sweetie, I don't know the plot, that's why I don't know if it's new or old, you are more than welcome to click on the link to see if you recognize the series or not .
    After watching for 10mins, I've came up w/ the conclusion, it's a mainland series, b/c all of the actresses are unfamiliar. Ron & Benny have film mainland series before, it's a surpise that they are in this one together.

Wink

I took such a long time to write a reply before I could see Suet Seung's reply, thanks SS

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Well...in Vigilante Force Benny was the second lead and Ron Ng played a cameo rascal.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://riderfans.com/forum/image.php?u=129&type=sigpic&dateline=1196205212'), '')

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by silkentouch View Post
    I bow to thee....terrific memory you have....

Chinese Kung Fu Drama Serials On indian channel "Home Tv" ( in 1997-98 )
    they all were in hindi dub ...gr8 series... very popular show in india

i am a huge fan of kungfu series, Home tv...

"The Zu mountain saga"

"Brother under the skin"

"The blood stained intrigue" (story of red and blue swords)

"Land of the Condors"

"The Other Side of The Horizon"

"Legend of the Condor Heroes"

"The Hunter's Prey"

ALL the serials were simply great and We all are missing the great TV series....

Mate,
    Many thanks...do you know a way I can get these on a DVD (in English preferably)? I am based in Hong Kong and can get it HK/Shenzen/US/India....
    Regards

Hi! I hope somebody here can help me because I can't remember enough about the series to know what it's called, or who is in it. I just know it was early/mid nineties.

The story centered around two young girls about 10 years of age (in the beginning), one poor (who sold flowers) and one rich. They meet and the rich family takes the poor girl into their home after her mother dies. They separate when the rich one moves to the States, and in a ***10 YEARS LATER*** kinda deal, the two reunite (the rich one sees the poor one singing on the street with a wig)

The only character name I know is the poor woman, Chiu Tong (Qiu Tong, Cheeyew Toung)...don't know how to spell it.

*SPOILER WARNING*
    Eventually, the rich one gets married to an abusive rich man (and her father dies during this union) who she eventually murders and I think goes to jail briefly. The poor one gets with her boyfriend and they become fairly wealthy after building houses or something. Eventually the rich one ends up with the poor one's man and dies of cancer.

One subplot of the storyline is that a rich b*tch who is jealous of the poor woman makes chickens die on the poor woman's uncle's farm, so he commits suicide.

The last scene I believe is a kite-flying scene.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS AT ALL!!?? EVEN JUST ONE OF THE ACTOR'S NAMES?!
    it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Hello!

looking for the vietnamese/english title to an 80's tvb series starring Andy Lau and Patricia Chong. its a costume drama. plot starts off with a lady attempting to kill patricias parents. patricia is taken in and raised by this woman. patricias' mom actually survives and hides her identity, acting as a servant to the villain to be close to patricia. it also involves a taoist priest who wants andy lau to be his student because he has a distinct pattern of moles on bottoms foot. they set on finding other people with this marking and end up in some palace that is composed of only women.

i think this may be a a pic from the series- not completely sure

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/images/actors/Jing-Yee-Chong-4934a64f54f62-3046.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://members.aol.com/xsol4realx/private/ltv.jpg'), '')

^Yesasia said it's called 'The Heavenly Swordsman and The Spoiled'.

http://www.yesasia.com/us/the-heaven...0-en/info.html
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

The series with Patricia Chong and Andy Lau is called "Thánh Kiếm Hiệp Těnh". You can see the following link for a picture:
    http://abcphim.com/index.php?target=...roduct_id=1663

Are you the same person that posts in the vietshowbiz forum? I see your name a lot in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Withoutasol View Post
    Hello!

looking for the vietnamese/english title to an 80's tvb series starring Andy Lau and Patricia Chong. its a costume drama. plot starts off with a lady attempting to kill patricias parents. patricia is taken in and raised by this woman. patricias' mom actually survives and hides her identity, acting as a servant to the villain to be close to patricia. it also involves a taoist priest who wants andy lau to be his student because he has a distinct pattern of moles on bottoms foot. they set on finding other people with this marking and end up in some palace that is composed of only women.

i think this may be a a pic from the series- not completely sure

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/images/actors/Jing-Yee-Chong-4934a64f54f62-3046.jpg')
    It is called Thanh Kiem Hiep Tinh in Viet and The Heavenly Swordsmen and the Spoiled in English as already mentioned. It had only 2 tapes and was more of a telemovie than an actual series. However, the style of this telemovie is like a long series but it is really short. I remember I first watched it when it first came out and was really surprised about how short it was.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Hi,

I'm loving for this really old series. It's originally Japanese and was dubbed in Cantonese and broadcast in HK in the 80s. Cantonese title was Ah Sun dik Gu Si (The story of Ah Sun). It's about this woman and all she goes through in her life. I think a portion of it was set in WWII. It begins with an old lady talking to this young man and she tells him her life story. Does anyone know the Japanese name of it and if it was ever released on vcd/dvd?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyd View Post
    Hi,

I'm loving for this really old series. It's originally Japanese and was dubbed in Cantonese and broadcast in HK in the 80s. Cantonese title was Ah Sun dik Gu Si (The story of Ah Sun). It's about this woman and all she goes through in her life. I think a portion of it was set in WWII. It begins with an old lady talking to this young man and she tells him her life story. Does anyone know the Japanese name of it and if it was ever released on vcd/dvd?

Thanks!
    The Japanese name of this series is 'Oshin'. It's a very popular Japanese series in the 80's. Can be considered a classic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oshin

I check yesasia just now. Got Taiwan version.

http://www.yesasia.com/global/oshin-...0-en/list.html
    Last edited by kidd; 01-21-09 at 08:48 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Thanks for replying so now I have the title. But I need the Cantonese version. It was broadcast in Cantonese but it seems like it was never released in vcd/dvd.