Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for the Title of a Series. Ask Here!

Default Looking for the Title of a Series. Ask Here!

Hi,

I'm trying to find a tvb series I watched with my grandmother when I was young from the 1980s. Unfortunately, I don't remember the names of any actors/actresses in it or even the series name.

It was a comedy/martial arts in the ancient style. The story line was about three female "investigators" who took on cases. In one case, females from the town were going missing. One of the investigators decided to be the "bait", and they tried to set up a trap to catch the perpetrators. She was being followed by other members of her team... but something went wrong, and one of the female investigators who didn't know much martial arts following the bait-investigator got kidnapped and so did the bait-investigator. The girls were put in bags, and all you could see where their feet. They were taken in boats and sold.

The girl who was the weakest in martial arts was sold to a man and taken to his house. The girls who weren't sold to individuals were sold off to bawdy houses. One of the male investigators (competing with the females) were trying to track down the missing girls also and found the missing investigator in the bawdy house. He rescued her and ended up falling in love with two of the female investigators. The other girl ended up falling in love with the man who bought her.

If anyone knows what series I'm talking about and can give me more information on it I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,
    mercredi

Smile Looking for the Title of a Series. Ask Here!

I was cruising through some mp3 files of old songs when I suddenly came across a moving song by Terence Choi Gok Kuen. I immediately recognised it as a TVB theme song and part of the memories of that beautiful series came back to me.

I remmeber it was set in the fall of the Qing dynasty and shows Sean Lau Ching Wan and Jacqueline Law Wai Guen growing up in a small village, then separating and meeting again in the city when they are all grown up, with Sean as a cook (???).

Then Maggie Siu Mei Kei comes into the picture as a Korean person who poses nude (???) for paintings and falls for Sean. And maybe David Siu Chung Hung as well for some rich guy.

I only remember parts of it and I really was my memories to be refreshed, especially the ending. Can anybody provide me with the details of this story, or the name of this series in english? I remember the chinese name is "something something Sui Yue"

Can anybody help please? Thanx.
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-14-08 at 08:56 AM.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

a little island east of america and west of europe

The name of the series is "A Taste of Time" - Cantonese: Yin Siu Sui Yuet - it's one of my all time favourite series from TVB.

I am in the process of building a showcase page for the show - please come and take a look:

http://emspace.homestead.com/tasteoftime.html

Quote Originally Posted by Em
    The name of the series is "A Taste of Time" - Cantonese: Yin Siu Sui Yuet - it's one of my all time favourite series from TVB.

I am in the process of building a showcase page for the show - please come and take a look:

http://emspace.homestead.com/tasteoftime.html

Thanks Em. Your site looks very good! I look forward to see the updates. BTW, can you tell me Mimi Kung's character died? I can't remember but my sister says she jumped the well!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

This was such a good series. It made me cry.

I was wondering Em, what is the name of the subsong, and from which CD did you get those two songs? Because I love those songs, and have been looking for the subsong everywhere.
    *Hold fast to dreams
    For if dreams die
    Life is a broken-winged bird
    That cannot fly.* - Langston Hughes

a little island east of america and west of europe

The name of the subsong is 烽烟情焰 (Fung Yin Ching Yim) which roughly translates to "Burning Love in the Flames and Smoke".

I got them from an old compilation CD that I have from around the time of the show (showing my age here - hehe) but a quick scan on the net proves that it's not that easy to get hold of any more. Shame as it's such a beautiful song.

I'll try and get round to adding more details about the show from my archives, but I'm hoping so much that TVB will release it on VCD as I will be first in the queue to buy it.

As for Mimi's character, I can't remember exactly what happened to her, but I seem to have some memories that she manages to escape the palace and have a very strained relationship with the eunech (Sheung Mun's sifu) so I have a feeling she survived the well incident.

Thank you for your information Em. Now I will try to find that song on a cd... try... lol.

All I remember about Mimi's character is that she escaped from the palace and went home. Her brother wanted to marry her off to some guy. She met a friend of her nephew and slept with him, but he was only using her. She tried committing suicide, but failed. I can't remember her relationship with Sheung Mun's sifu, but I think he was attracted to her, because she was from the palace, and I think he wanted in a way to serve her. I don't know what happened to her because my uncle didn't tape that episode, so I have no idea what happened.
    *Hold fast to dreams
    For if dreams die
    Life is a broken-winged bird
    That cannot fly.* - Langston Hughes

Ok. Guys. Thanx for the info.

Speaking of the songs, I prefer the themesong "Tian Yi Ren Sheng" to the subsong. It has a bitter, enchanting melody to it, and the lyrics are so sad!
    Cyril Connolly

Hi1 I just wnated to tell everybody that I got "A Time of Taste" from my rental stall which just got it dubbed from another shop, and I just finished it about 10 minutes ago. It's a very touching show, and it was even better than the last time I saw it. The characters are great, but the ending is not so good. Howvere, it is very realistic and snetimental that it would just make you cry! (I cried )
    Cyril Connolly

Here's a site on Maggie Siu's tv series. For this series, it only has the themesong on realplayer file and the lyrics.

http://www.angelfire.com/stars3/msseries/series.html
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Default Does anybody know..

the title to these series in viet...???

1. Life for Life
    2. War of the Genders
    3. The Threat of Love
    4. Police Station No. 7

Thanks!!!!

um i fink i know sum .. war of the genders is i fink Tinh Vang and police staion no.7 is Don Canh Sat so 7

Default 1980s tv series - veronica yip (yip yuk hing)

Hi,

I found out that one of the actresses in this series is Veronica Yip (yip yuk hing). Is there any good websites which lists the tv series Veronica Yip was in?

Thanks,
    mercredi

Question series starring bobby au and raymond lam

last year, I heard/read somewhere that there is a series that starred Bobby Au Yeung and Raymond Lam. I am not sure what is the title, but I know in the story Ray will have a love triangle....

Hmmm.. time to test SPCnet'ers memory

I dont think this series will be filmed...if so not in the near future...Bobby will be with Kenix and Tavia in an ancient series in March, and Raymond still hasnt finish Yummy Yummy yet..

awww man

I am actually looking forward to it. More or less, any Bobby/Raymond Lam series.

Default searching for a wuxia serie

hello everyone, i need to find the name for a wuxia series that i watched and cant remember the name, any or all of the different name will do (english, chinese, viet).

Plot:
    The story start with a japanese swordman came and challenge all the central plain fighters and defeat all of them. so the head of the main clans decided that the only one who can defeat him is some lone heretic swordman who live on the mountain who dont give a crap about anything related to wuxia. there some history between one of the main clan's leader as his daughter ran off and married the heretic. they have a son with them. they live on the mountain that only entrance is a bridge that you have to crawl over to enter cuz walking would get you poison. the swordman promise to defeat the japenese if the girl father would honor their wish and give them a true wedding. the heretic later befriend a smart priest who is good and can learn anything by seeing it once. the japanese was defeated but during the wedding the clans betrayed the couple and killed the wife and so the husband suicide. before he died he killed like hundreds of fighters and asked the priest to take care of his only son. the priest feel really bad plus the son blame the priest for betraying his parent. the son jump into the water to get back at the priest saying something like," i'll make it so you cant even keep the only promise you made!!!!" then the story continue 20 years later and the priest is head of his own powerful clan. the son survived but became a theif. the story move around alot with the son falling in love with the priest's daugther and people started dying. later on it seems that the japanese man is still alive and want to force the son to be like his father so he can defeat him. he do this by killing his wife and sending his(the japenese's guy) girlfriend in to make the son fall in love with her. the ending is the japanese guy get kill and the girlfriend suicide cuz she fell in love with the son but knew that they cant be together after all she is done.

if anyone can find the name of this story it would really help, thank you.

Cast from what I can remember:
    Damien Lau as the son and the main hero of the story, he also played the role of his father the heretic swordman in the beginning.
    Kisty yang as the girlfriend that betray the son and suicide in the end.

Default help me identify this serie :p

i was watchin this awhile ago and forgot the name of the serie and cant remember any of the actors in it.
    well in serie there was a guy who drives a taxi, and he then later forms a group with his friend to help people look for stuff. cany remember any of the actors either.
    if anyone have any idea of wats this serie is called, please post back
    thnx in advance
    *cheers*

-bolex17

I not sure abt the english title.. I think is mei meng chen zhen starring by lui fong, xuan xuan and mei xiaohui..

Default Need help remembering ancient tvb series?

I always remember watching an old TVB series in the early '90s starring Canti Lau (Lau Sek Ming) but no nothing about it!

Its an ancient series (martial arts one) & all i remember is that there was one scene where some of the cast were in a snowy mountain........and that's it?

Does any1 know what im talking about?
    Have you come here to play Jesus?