Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the Title of a Series. Ask Here!

Quote Originally Posted by oberatixx00 View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if you could help me find a couple of tv series that I saw when I was a kid but do not know the name of the series. I will list what I can remember from the series. Thank you!

2. I saw the series in the early 90s. I remember that there were meteors that fell from the sky and were made into swords. There were two renowned blacksmiths, one worked for the king and the other was a hermit.
    This is a wild guess as I only watched one episode of this serial, but it's the only wuxia serial I can think of which had two blacksmiths - one working for the good guys and one working for the bad guys. The Hunter's Prey, 1990.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCOdLV8SLYQ

The Blood-Stained Intrigue (1986) had two meteors forged into a sword and a saber, but neither blacksmith was technically really a blacksmith, and neither of them worked for any king.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    This is a wild guess as I only watched one episode of this serial, but it's the only wuxia serial I can think of which had two blacksmiths - one working for the good guys and one working for the bad guys. The Hunter's Prey, 1990.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCOdLV8SLYQ

The Blood-Stained Intrigue (1986) had two meteors forged into a sword and a saber, but neither blacksmith was technically really a blacksmith, and neither of them worked for any king.
    Thanks alot, I'll see if I can find episodes of the series and check it out.

The other two series might have been made in the 80s and then translated in the 90s. I'm looking through the different TVB series and I am noticing all the shows I remember from my childhood were made when I was around4-5 years old, but I didn't watch them until a bit later.

I am looking for one more title. All I remember is that a guy and girl are set up to be married but when they go to a temple to pray, the guy mistakes the the girl's ugly handmaiden for her when they bow at the wrong moments. I think the guy has to move away or go away and the girl decides to go to him by herself and ends up dying (I think).

This is a huge shot in the dark as I don't even know if this is a TVB series. When I was a kid in the 80s, living in the Midwest, we would borrow Chinese videotapes through the mail. We borrowed many series such as Legend of the Condor Heroes (1983) this way. These titles were dubbed in Mandarin, so I don't know if the original language was Mandarin or Cantonese.

Anyway, one of the series we borrowed was very boring, and I don't even remember what it was. However, after the episode ended, we saw that the series had been taped over another show which seemed really interesting. It was a wuxia series in ancient times. It seemed to be a depressing show where everyone was getting killed. It was something about an evil cult was turning good people into robots/zombies who would fight and kill people for them. So the main character's sister was captured and converted into one of these robots, and her martial arts was really good, so she was wiping out good folks. The main character was having a hard time fighting her b/c she was his sister. Eventually, she was defeated, and the main character went after the main enemy. He defeated the main bad guy, but I believe he was mortally hurt himself in the end. I believe the show ended where he was staggering away from the fight.

As a child, I've watched many ancient wuxia series dubbed in Thai. I don't know the language myself but my parents do. I would asked them to translate it to me but would only get some of the main points of the plot in the whole 30+ series. Lol. one of the series that I wanted to re watch is Romance of the white hair maiden with Ada choi. Does anybody know where I can find the English with subtitle version?

Default Anyone know this TVB drama?

Hi,

A bunch of friends and I are trying to recall a name of a drama. We only remember there was a specific scene where it was a flashback of a little girl stuck in a landslide. Her family dies but she survives. She grows up and becomes afraid of storms/rain.

Does anyone know what drama I am talking about?

Thank you.

EDIT: its Fate Twister!!!
    Last edited by jennixpenni; 09-14-14 at 06:57 PM.

Hi all,

I'm from Indonesia. When I was child or teen (I born at 1983, so it was around 1994-1997), I saw a chinese wuxia TV serial which there is a scene like this:
    In a room (inside a palace I think), the protagonist are playing and flirting with the some girls (I think they are concubines or maids), and there is another male too, he is very good in martial art (he is older than protagonist). My memory is very vague, I don't remember their dialogue, I just remember the another male seals the acupoints of the girls (dim mak/dian xue) to immobilize them (I don't remember for what, I think just for demonstrating his skill to the protagonist), then he also strikes another acupoints to make the girls keep laughing. It's definitely a comedy scene.

What my mind tells that this is a scene from "Deer and the Cauldron (鹿鼎记)" 1984 version and the protagonist is wei xiao bao. But I have browsed all of the episodes in youtube and I can't find that scene. I wonder if my mind was wrong and the scene is not from "Deer and the Cauldron".

Anyone can help to find out the serial title?

Hello everyone,

When I was a child in grade school (early 90's) I saw a wuxia about a kid who had all his elders murdered, but can't remember if it were monks who were murdered, or a different clan. I just remember he had a bunch of older brothers/elders murdered. Then for some reason he was trapped underneath the ground, might of been in the shaolin temple. He finds a book which turns out to be like the book of all books of ancient shaolin kung fu. He studies it, becomes a master, and is able to remove the stone doors and comes out. When he comes out, he becomes a hero, some of his surviving elders remember him and rejoice. My memory is pretty vague at this point but he goes on to defeat enemy after enemy to discover who murdered his elders.

Eventually he becomes a leader of a clan where everyone had sticks and fought with them. In the end, he was finally able to defeat the main antagonist but didn't kill him. The antagonist was hanging by a cliff, and somehow was able to seduce the hero's best friend to save him in exchange for martial arts skills. In the end, the hero's friend becomes the new villain. The only thing I remembered about the ending was the hero either meditated or played a flute and was able to defeat his former best friend.

This series has been haunting me forever because it was so epic how everything was destroyed and he came out of a cave as vindicated hero, seeking justice and revenge. If anyone has any ideas, it would be appreciated.

P.S. the main hero looked like a mix between tony leung and eddie kwan
    Last edited by tksniper; 10-03-14 at 11:57 PM.

Default Looking for old 罗嘉良drama serial

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR][/SIZE]Dear all,
    would much appreciate help for the following question: I have been looking for an old
    罗嘉良 drama serial, in which the final or 2nd last episode featured a girl washing his car in the indoor car park, thenrecognising that one of his car tyres was spoilt and proceeded to change it for him.
    May I know what is the name of this drama serial and where to view it ?

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR][/SIZE]Thank you very much for your help !
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR][/SIZE]

hello everyone,

I have a question about fantasy martial art
    there is a movie that i have ever seen with the title "THE HOLLY PEARL"
    it's just look alike inuyasha in dragon version
    but i don't like the script when the lead role who can move to other dimension of time

is there any serial who the main character can turn into the dragon? thx
    Last edited by xslashx; 06-02-15 at 02:57 AM.

Hello all,

When I was a child, I remember watching this wuxia or similar theme action, martial arts, and possibly fantasy TV series. I'm not even sure if it is TVB though, but a lot of the stuff I watched was TVB. The series I watched were all Viet Dubbed so I'm unsure of the timeframe, but could be anywhere from 1998-2010. The series involved first find this underground cave in a desert like area that had a sword and sabre inside (I've searched most of the Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre series already). I don't remember what happened much after, but I distinctly remember many of the important individuals in the series having tablet/talisman/emblem like objects (imagine a rectangle the size of a small plastic water bottle). The tablets varied in color, ranging from black to white to green etc. The tablets were needed somehow and were very important objects. I can't remember much else, but the ending stood out. I remember the tablets being gathered at the underground cave found at the beginning of the series. Something happened (i think the cave was closed or sealed or something) and this led the various chariots with different horses being summoned (they depended on the tablets). For example, for the red tablet,a chariot with horses that had a fiery mane were summoned. I truly hope someone is able to identify this series for me. It was one of my favorites.

Hi all I am a great fan of TVB drama and I have watched countless of TVB drama to be exact. I love TVB drama. So any suggestions about which drama I should watch? I love watching the TVB drama series acted by Leon Kai Meng, Deric Wan Siu Loon, Ekin Cheng and Lau Kah Liong. Si can anybody provide me with the TVB drama links especially for the TVB drama acted by Ekin Cheng and Deric Wan SiU Loon so that I can download the drama and watch them. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by interested View Post
    Hi all I am a great fan of TVB drama and I have watched countless of TVB drama to be exact. I love TVB drama. So any suggestions about which drama I should watch? I love watching the TVB drama series acted by Leon Kai Meng, Deric Wan Siu Loon, Ekin Cheng and Lau Kah Liong. Si can anybody provide me with the TVB drama links especially for the TVB drama acted by Ekin Cheng and Deric Wan SiU Loon so that I can download the drama and watch them. Thank you.
    try this

http://icdrama.se/

there is plenty of sources like this, but its gonna be harder to find some of the stuff you are looking for since they are so old.

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted View Post
    try this

http://icdrama.se/

there is plenty of sources like this, but its gonna be harder to find some of the stuff you are looking for since they are so old.

Thanks for your help. By the way do you know where can I purchase or buy original TVB drama series?

Quote Originally Posted by xslashx View Post
    hello everyone,

I have a question about fantasy martial art
    there is a movie that i have ever seen with the title "THE HOLLY PEARL"
    it's just look alike inuyasha in dragon version
    but i don't like the script when the lead role who can move to other dimension of time

is there any serial who the main character can turn into the dragon? thx
    I think the drama series that you are searching for is The Zu Mountain Saga.

[QUOTE=jinlee;1111501]Hello all,

When I was a child, I remember watching this wuxia or similar theme action, martial arts, and possibly fantasy TV series. I'm not even sure if it is TVB though, but a lot of the stuff I watched was TVB. The series I watched were all Viet Dubbed so I'm unsure of the timeframe, but could be anywhere from 1998

Can anyone provide me with the direct website to download the TVB drama series conscience 1994 acted by Deric Wan? I found the torrent link but it takes a long time to download the torrent files. So is there a direct link from the website for me to download this TVB drama series? Thank you.

Hello I'm lookin for the title of an old wuxia that had an episode where the guy protagonist goes to a bearded blacksmith asking for him to train him in sword fighting and he offers him drinks that he put in some kind of horn like container and when the blacksmith tastes it he says it's the best drink he ever tasted and then he agrees to train him and then the next morning the guy shows up to the blacksmith again with another drink looking at him in a way that shows he wants the blacksmith to train him even more and get stronger.

This must be either 1980s-1990's (But I am leaning towards mid 90s) Wuxia Horror that featured a creature that I will now describe -

It is brown in color.

This creature has TWO heads. The first head is at the stomach/chest. It's actually just a face. Above the chest/stomach is a long neck about 4-6 feet tall. Above the neck is another head and with a terrifying face.

IT's entire physical consistency is like that of a stone/rock/mud. Firm but would also fall off, like feces.

It is some kind of demon. This creature has killed off quite a lot of the human characters in the show/movie. The human heroes dress like ordinary Wuxias.

If you can combine these two pictures using your imagination, you'll see what the creatue would look like.

http://www.visualjade.co.za/148-large_default/tree.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...cc6e732fbe.jpg

Please know that I was about 6 years old at the time, and this creature scared me. The show/movie might not have been horror, but if the heroes in the show/movie was horrified when the creature appeared, then it must have been.

They tried to kill this thing but it was not possible.
    Last edited by MieJueXMaceWindu; 04-11-16 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by interested View Post
    The Zu Mountain Saga was very classic movie, im looking for serial on 1990's-present
    btw thx for your recommended