Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for the Title of a Series. Ask Here!

It looks Like "The Commandments", she starred w/ Deric Wan

Quote Originally Posted by zhashi
    It looks Like "The Commandments", she starred w/ Deric Wan
    Yep, That's right.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

thanks. i can now look for the series at the video store.
    *£övë ¢härmäïnë §hëH 4ëvä*

*~* mah other faves *~*
    ++ Alyssa Chia ++
    --- Kristy Yeung ---

Default An old TVB serial 80s/90s?

Hi all.

I am currently searching for a specific, old serial for my mommy. I believe it's in the very late eighties or early of the ninties.

It's about a mother who has to give her children away. The oldest brother knows this and later on, once older, goes to find them.

Do anyone kind-of recall this specific serial and/or the name of it?

The mother is the same lady who played the stepmother/aunt in Looking Back in Anger pt. I; the one that Derek murdered toward the end.

Can someone please shed some light? Or remember who was in it so I can do a filmography check?

THANKS SO MUCH for any helpful information.

Unfortunately I don't know any info. because I never seen the series that you mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by darknight123
    Unfortunately I don't know any info. because I never seen the series that you mentioned above.
    Aww, I was hoping someone might know.

This serial I'm talking about, the mother thought she was going to die (don't know from what or why). She just did, and so, the grandfather gave the kids away... one-by-one.

Then later, the oldest brother decided to go out and reunite his family, by searching for each of his younger siblings.

It is not "Journey of Love" with Marco (something). Journey is pretty much similar but it's not the one I'm talking about.

Help from any TBV know-it-alls, please??? Or might know at least one actor in it?

a little island east of america and west of europe

Your description sounds vaguely like an Anthony Wong/ Hugo Ng/ Ekin Cheng series - the chinese name was "Tin Yeuk Yau Ching" - would have to check my archives for the English Name....

For this series though, the three brothers were all half brothers. I don't remember too much about the beginning of it though and I don't think they were given away, because I am getting old and my memory is fading!

Quote Originally Posted by Em
    Your description sounds vaguely like an Anthony Wong/ Hugo Ng/ Ekin Cheng series - the chinese name was "Tin Yeuk Yau Ching" - would have to check my archives for the English Name....

For this series though, the three brothers were all half brothers. I don't remember too much about the beginning of it though and I don't think they were given away, because I am getting old and my memory is fading!

Thanks, Em. I tried running a search on that title and it's coming out, "A Moment of Romance." It's a movie, three parts, actually. Is it? Lol.

I'm getting frustrated, because my mommy is telling me bits and pieces of it, and now I'm beginning to wonder is it actually all in the same serial now. LOL, especially now that you've mentioned that it sounded similar to a different one, I think.

I'll give a look into all their filmographies and see. Thanks alot for your help. REALLY APPRECIATE IT! At least I have something to work on now. KEKE

a little island east of america and west of europe

I think you have found the film of the same Chinese name, which stars Andy Lau.

The series is called something different and is a TVB series.

Good luck on your search - if I find the English name, I will let you know! It's one of those series that I am yearning for TVB to release, but I doubt they will because it's non popular enough.

So its definitely not this series ?

Picture attached.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Em
    I think you have found the film of the same Chinese name, which stars Andy Lau.

The series is called something different and is a TVB series.

Good luck on your search - if I find the English name, I will let you know! It's one of those series that I am yearning for TVB to release, but I doubt they will because it's non popular enough.

Yep, I have to agree. Nowadays, it's so difficult to find any decent or good plots/storylines. I was re-watching some old series with my mom, and for some reasons, aside from bad graphics and recordings, the script really intrigues me; much more than recent ones released. Hehe. Thanks for you help, Em.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    So its definitely not this series ?

Picture attached.
    LOL, at first when my mom told me, I thought it was that, too. But then she told me it's not the one she watched. I thought she might messed up, but she knew what she was talking about. She said Journey had them reunited by necklaces, while this one, the older brother sought them out, etc. I hope I can find it for her, because she seems to really like it a lot.

Thanks for your help, btw.

Ah, okay, I think I might make a mistake. MIGHT, but I'm not sure. Perhaps it's not a TVB series but a Taiwanese one but I am so lacking on information and/or confirmation.

Anyone knows anything about Stars Know my Heart? It sounds half-half similar to whatever my mom is saying. He--he--he

天若有情 (1990)
    The Witness of Time
    http://www.geocities.com/hkdrama2000...rkyaocheng.gif

Quote Originally Posted by wargods
    天若有情 (1990)
    The Witness of Time
    http://www.geocities.com/hkdrama2000...rkyaocheng.gif
    HEY! Thanks for that. I'll look up into that, too. There're so many series about mother giving away their children, it's astouding. I always thought it was a new, refreshing, unique storyline. Didn't know it was used quite a plenty.

TQ.

Talking about such series about Mother giving away their kids, I am currently watching Journey To Love. The casts are great and most of them were still raising stars back then like Marco Ngai, Sammi Cheng, Louisa So, Raymond ?. I'm not sure who is the actress that played the Mother. It was a pretty sad story.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Quote Originally Posted by bubcas
    Talking about such series about Mother giving away their kids, I am currently watching Journey To Love. The casts are great and most of them were still raising stars back then like Marco Ngai, Sammi Cheng, Louisa So, Raymond ?. I'm not sure who is the actress that played the Mother. It was a pretty sad story.
    I remembered this serial, too. Journey to Love; there was that one sister who was so difficult and kind-of not willing to accept the mother or whatever. I think she was the lawyer and embarassed at her mother. Everytime I watch it, I feel terribly for all the kids but except her. She's so stubborn.

Quote Originally Posted by nlilies
    I remembered this serial, too. Journey to Love; there was that one sister who was so difficult and kind-of not willing to accept the mother or whatever. I think she was the lawyer and embarassed at her mother. Everytime I watch it, I feel terribly for all the kids but except her. She's so stubborn.
    I don't think she's embarassed of her mother. She just couldn't get over her life-long anger towards her mother for her year of absence. She was only a young kid when she was sent to the orphanage. I bet she hoped for/looked forward to her mother's return daily when she was young. But her mother didn't come back. She learned to get by without her mother. Learned to live a life without her mother. But suddenly, her mother came back to her life. One just cannot change one's feelings immediately.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by nlilies
    Yes, the daughter was played by Sammi Cheng. She is not stubborn, just that after 18 years her Mother came back to their lives it is hard for Sammi to accept her. But the Mother tried very hard to get to know them and their individual personalities.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Default Help me X.x <<天子寻龙>> "whatever it takes"

im looking for "whatever it takes" (天子寻龙) but i can't find anything on it -.- such a hard tvb series to get a hold of. did the name change or sumthing?
    Last edited by Cloud-; 11-06-06 at 05:39 PM.

Default what is this title's name in vietnamese?

i saw this show a long time ago, and it was about 2 brothers, Jordon chan played the role of a slow or retarded brother but later gradually became a genius at business and his brother throughout the show tries to outdue jordan chan's character and at times tries to sabotage him,and jordans evil brother eventually got sent to jail. what is the name of this show? any help would be appreciated.