Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tvb under-rated actors?

Default tvb under-rated actors?

who in your opinion is an underrated actor and deserves more recognition in tvb?
    问世间,情是何物,直教生死相许?
    Lim Yo Hwan FIGHTING!

Definitely Wayne Lai for me. His acting is a lot better than a lot of leading actors right now. I wish he could get a leading role. Even second lead would suffice.

Sunny Chan, he gets a lot of crappy parts now. He played almost every kind of role in the 90s and now he's stuck in the corny family comedies.

my list of underrated artist ..

male:
    wayne lai
    evergreen mak
    derek kwok
    kenneth ma (still a bit underrated imo)

female:
    selena li
    nancy wu

stop with the fala chan, i'm so sick of her rapid growth!

selina li is a terrible supporting actress imo. her facial expression doesnt match her words, and she always put up this dead person pity face like in every role i agree w/ the rest of ur list tho panda
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Wayne Lai
    Cheung Chi Kwong
    Derek Kwok
    Evergreen Mak

Talking

Actors:
    Basically all of the ones you guys had listed. Sunny Chan just went downhill

Actresses:

Tavia Yeung
    Sharon Chan
    Leila Tong
    Joyce Tang
    Mimi Lo
    Fiona Leung (the first or second runner-up in 96, 97, 98 ??? along with Myolie Wu )
    Nancy Wu

I can't think of anymore, I have to see the series to remember

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    selina li is a terrible supporting actress imo. her facial expression doesnt match her words, and she always put up this dead person pity face like in every role i agree w/ the rest of ur list tho panda
    i think she's got some natural ability ... well if you compare her first series with fala chan, charmaine, myolie, bernice .. i think selina did much better.

o - i wanted to add to the list ...

rene lau yuk chui
    fiona yuen choi wun

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    i think she's got some natural ability ... well if you compare her first series with fala chan, charmaine, myolie, bernice .. i think selina did much better.

o - i wanted to add to the list ...

rene lau yuk chui
    fiona yuen choi wun
    natural acting ability lol

she is a one dimensional actress that can maybe only pull off one of those kind sweet goodie food shoe girls, and she would still do bad in them

not sure which is fala's good series, but i assume its heart of greed? i think she did well in there.

charmaine's first series was that detective file 4 w/ sunny right? i thought she did decent, she was the lead in there too.

i really hate myolie and im not sure which is her 1st series either, so i wont comment.

bernice's first real series (she was in the sitcom virtue of harmony) was survivor law and i thought she gave me a deep impression there.

and selina's first series is herbalist affairs right? where she played her same old sweet little girl role. she can pull it off, but her facial expression just did not match her words and feelings imo

btw i agree w/ ur 2nd list too rene yau is actually rain lau right?

ps: these are all my opinions and im kinda bias too
    Last edited by LuNaR; 03-20-08 at 12:21 AM.

she is a one dimensional actress that can maybe only pull off one of those kind sweet goodie food shoe girls, and she would still do bad in them

not sure which is fala's good series, but i assume its heart of greed? i think she did well in there.

charmaine's first series was that detective file 4 w/ sunny right? i thought she did decent, she was the lead in there too.

i really hate myolie and im not sure which is her 1st series either, so i wont comment.

bernice's first real series (she was in the sitcom virtue of harmony) was survivor law and i thought she gave me a deep impression there.

and selina's first series is herbalist affairs right? where she played her same old sweet little girl role. she can pull it off, but her facial expression just did not match her words and feelings imo

yeah - it's rain lau if it's that short girl that can act but not very pretty. lol.

i think i like selena li b/c of miss hk then ..

fala chan, yeah, she's good but i don't like her flirtatious attitude, guess that influenced me a bit.

myolie - hate her? omg - i love her. haha.

well, in terms of first series performance .. here's my ranking.
    1. linda chung - virtues of harmony
    2. selina li - lao po da ren (jessica hsuan and sunny chan)
    3. (blank - fill in later)

male
    1. raymond lam - mei wei qing yuan
    2. ron ng (man, wasn't truimp in the sky his first real role ... he did well there but went downhill)

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    yeah - it's rain lau if it's that short girl that can act but not very pretty. lol.

i think i like selena li b/c of miss hk then ..

fala chan, yeah, she's good but i don't like her flirtatious attitude, guess that influenced me a bit.

myolie - hate her? omg - i love her. haha.

well, in terms of first series performance .. here's my ranking.
    1. linda chung - virtues of harmony
    2. selina li - lao po da ren (jessica hsuan and sunny chan)

male
    1. raymond lam - mei wei qing yuan
    2. ron ng (man, wasn't truimp in the sky his first real role ... he did well there but went downhill)
    nonono u prob like her b/c u like her acting but i just dont like her b/c of what i see in her acting dont let me influence u

and yea i dont like myolie i think she overacts too many times but thats just me lol

i think the first series i saw raymond was eternal hapiness and i loved that series and thought ray did a good job too, but hes starting to go downhill for me right now

i agree w/ ur assessment for ron

One of fala's first performance? hm....heart of greed was bad. Her character was one dimensional and so is her acting! It was her first appearance in Forensic heroes that got me thinking hm...this girl has some acting skills as a first-timer. But I thought she doesn't have potential that I initially thought she has(or perhaps I misjudge her) after watching heart of greed, The Steps.

oh no no no no no...Charmaine was horrible...no, wait......DREADFUL in Dectective files4!

Underrated actors
    wayne lai
    evergreen mak
    derek kwok
    selena li
    nancy wu
    Cheung Chi Kwong
    Mimi Lo
    Ah Wei, he plays many supporting roles, from Greed of men to recent roles in Taichi as a evil policeman
    Power chan
    Last edited by godiva; 03-20-08 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by godiva View Post
    One of fala's first performance? hm....heart of greed was bad. Her character was one dimensional and so is her acting! It was her first appearance in Forensic heroes that got me thinking hm...this girl has some acting skills as a first-timer. But I thought she doesn't have potential that I initially thought she has(or perhaps I misjudge her) after watching heart of greed, The Steps.

oh no no no no no...Charmaine was horrible...no, wait......DREADFUL in Dectective files4!

Underrated actors
    wayne lai
    evergreen mak
    derek kwok
    selena li
    nancy wu
    Cheung Chi Kwong
    Mimi Lo
    Power chan
    fala didnt really have much to work with in HOG tho, like u said, her chracter was 1 dimensional

charmaine, no comment i am a huge fan of hers so whatever i say about her will come out bias lol

and yea i definitely agree with power chan

1) Michael Tong (great actor but in most series he was killed off from the show)
    2) Wayne Lai
    3) Evergreen Mak
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Quote Originally Posted by bubcas View Post
    1) Michael Tong (great actor but in most series he was killed off from the show)
    2) Wayne Lai
    3) Evergreen Mak
    o yea michael tong! definitely agree

Talking

I thought Charmaine first series was Flying Fox ? Or maybe that was the first time I ever see her, man, she was awful in there, from looks to acting.

i liked charmaine in fox and tvb combined 2 characters in the book into 1 and made charmaine do it, so it'll be difficult ahh ok i feel like im really bias now lol (which i do not deny )

In my opinion, below is my list of underrated actors:

Underrated Actors
    Wayne Lai
    Evergreen mak
    Derek Kwok
    Power Chan
    Micheal Tong
    Kenneth Ma

Underrated Actresses
    Nancy Wu
    Mimi Lo
    Sharon Chan
    Leila Tong
    问世间,情是何物,直教生死相许?
    Lim Yo Hwan FIGHTING!

Definitely Power Chan and Evergreen Mak.

At least Wayne has tons of people who appreciate his skills- BUT sadly few of them are from TVB

And Tavia, her acting surpasses most of the current leading ladies, though she still have leading roles, I feel that TVB is still not promoting her enough. Those roles given to her were not major or good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by cordycep View Post
    And Tavia, her acting surpasses most of the current leading ladies, though she still have leading roles, I feel that TVB is still not promoting her enough. Those roles given to her were not major or good enough.
    Tavia acting is good, but she lacked something* on-screen. Yet can't put my finger on why I'm having this* feeling...