Thread: First series performance

Default First series performance

Name the artist that won you over on their first performance ever ...

strictly personal opinion on what you consider as their first performance, but as a rule of thumb, i would consider raymond lam's first series as either taste of love or a step in the past, and not golden faith or lethal weapon.

female - myolie wu - at point blank with michael tse and gallen lo
    male - raymond lam - taste of love, as shrimp head.

only restriction, let's try to pick the newer people and not veterans like gigi lai, ada choi, charmaine tse, jessica hsuan, gallen lo, roger kwok

The problem is I can't think of anybody recent that really WOWed me.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

lol this topic came from that other thread huh

anyways, i think ron ng in triumph in the skies. ron dominated that series even w/ other new actor/actresses like bosco, sammul and michelle ye. but then after this series, his acting career really started going down hill for me except in that hotel series where i thought he did great in too.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    The problem is I can't think of anybody recent that really WOWed me.
    Lol. I'm sorry.

Eh ... another one that "wow"ed me, Ron Ng with Triump in the Sky, he just went downhill from there, but he did catch my attention at the moment.

the people that wowed me are...

-leila and tavia in twins of brother
    -ella koon in the hotel series (like really wow, i fell in love w/ her after that)
    -niki chow in that series w/ moses where she played as a female guard. the one where they made a sequel but yumiko took her role.

Bosco Wong - Find The Light
    Tavia Yeung - Whatever It Takes
    Last edited by kidd; 03-20-08 at 12:50 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

hrmm ... interesting, i forgot about tavia's whatever it takes

linda chung - virtues of harmony

i thought tavia debutted in twins of brother

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    i thought tavia debutted in twins of brother
    she had a big role in whatever it takes. she pretty much shared it with annie man.

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    she had a big role in whatever it takes. she pretty much shared it with annie man.
    o whatever it takes, that series w/ julian and kenix. didnt tavia just play annie man's sister?

o whatever it takes, that series w/ julian and kenix. didnt tavia just play annie man's sister?

isn't whatever it takes with benny chan and evergreen mak, some sci-fi series?

isn't whatever it takes with benny chan and evergreen mak, some sci-fi series?
    o n/m, im dreaming

About Tavia

Her first major role is actually in The Awakening Story where she plays Maggie Cheung's sister and Liza Wang's daughter. Her role in Whatever It Takes (not Take My Word for It) is her second major role. I chose TMWFI because that's the first time I saw her act. I didn't watch TAS. She was already quite an established actress when she acted in Twin of Brothers. She has already played the female lead before that in The Vigilante in the Mask opposite Deric Wan.

About Bosco

I consider Find The Light Bosco's first major role because he's only a little more than wallpaper in Triumph In The Skies (he and Kenneth really has nothing much to do in there). Plus FTL was where I first saw Bosco and I was impressed with his ability to speak with his eyes everthough he was just a newbie back then.

Note: Eventhough FTL was released first, I heard that TITS was filmed first.
    Last edited by kidd; 03-20-08 at 01:49 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    About Tavia

Her first major role is actually in The Awakening Story where she plays Maggie Cheung's sister and Liza Wang's daughter. Her role in Whatever It Takes(not Take My Word for It) is her second major role. I chose TMWFI because that's the first time I saw her act. I didn't watch TAS. She was already quite an established actress when she acted in Twin of Brothers. She has already played the female lead before that in The Vigilante in the Mask opposite Deric Wan.
    ah thanks for the clarification, i got things messed up as i am only recalling from the top of my head lol

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    About Tavia

Her first major role is actually in The Awakening Story where she plays Maggie Cheung's sister and Liza Wang's daughter. Her role in Whatever It Takes(not Take My Word for It) is her second major role. I chose TMWFI because that's the first time I saw her act. I didn't watch TAS. She was already quite an established actress when she acted in Twin of Brothers. She has already played the female lead before that in The Vigilante in the Mask opposite Deric Wan.

About Bosco

I consider Find The Light Bosco's first major role because he's only a little more than wallpaper in Triumph In The Skies (he and Kenneth really has nothing much to do in there). Plus FTL was where I first saw Bosco and I was impressed with his ability to speak with his eyes everthough he was just a newbie back then.

Note: Eventhough FTL was released first, I heard that TITS was filmed first.
    haha i sat there going back in time trying to figure out how julian and kenix were linked together ... i went as far back into the 90s, lol.

you figured it out pretty fast. i dun understand how people can figure out series so quickly!

tavia did well in both vigilante and wit. i didn't realize she had a pretty side until whatever it takes. i thought she was lucky to look like maggie cheung and landed that role, but she's actually a pretty good actress.

haha i sat there going back in time trying to figure out how julian and kenix were linked together ... i went as far back into the 90s, lol.

you figured it out pretty fast. i dun understand how people can figure out series so quickly!

tavia did well in both vigilante and wit. i didn't realize she had a pretty side until whatever it takes. i thought she was lucky to look like maggie cheung and landed that role, but she's actually a pretty good actress.
    julian and kenix were actually linked in a series called remembrance 1 of my fav series of all time