Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maggie Q Films With Ethan Hawke, Will Be Bigger Than Ziyi

Exclamation Maggie Q Films With Ethan Hawke, Will Be Bigger Than Ziyi

Movie: New York, I Love You!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/3742/maggieqnewyorkiloveyou3xw4.jpg')

Maggie Q has been seen filming scenes with Hollywood star Ethan Hawke in Soho, New York. The movie 'New York, I love You' is an anthology film joining 12 different love stories all occurring in New York.
    Each story will be 5 minutes long and each will be directed by 12 different directors. Other cast members so far include Natalie Portman, Elijah Wood, Juliette Binoche, Nick Nolte and Gena Rowlands.
    Scarlett Johannson is rumored to be directing one of the short stories.

The casting of Maggie Q in a steady lead up of large-profile Hollywood movies is an indication that she will soon take over Zhang Ziyi, according to entertainment insiders. While some argue that Zhang Ziyi has better control with her acting abilities, others claim Maggie Q's versatile Eurasian appearance and fluency in English give her a landslide of an advantage. However, many netizens have been puzzled and questioned Maggie's sudden and rapid popularity, citing her to have "dull, vapid acting performances".
    Despite clashing opinions, it seems Maggie Q is going nowhere but up, ready to surpass many fellow actors.

laineygossip
    justjared

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9760/maggieqnewyorkiloveyou0hk0.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3010/maggieqnewyorkiloveyou1xr9.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/38/maggieqnewyorkiloveyou1gs7.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7148/maggieqnewyorkiloveyou2cw2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4008/maggieqnewyorkiloveyou2gh9.jpg')

EXTRA!
    Movie: Deception
    Maggie Q is also in another movie called Deception with Hugh Jackman, Ewan McGregor and Michelle Williams.
    its a small role but still, shes in so many big movies these days

in a scene with Ewan
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4775/truy3.jpg')

trailer for Deception
    http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&...23b-c904-468f-8 942-a0c386ae2631

She looks kinda bad for an Eurasian. I've sincerely never seen an Eurasian who looks like she does . @.@;;;

If I have to pick between Maggie and ZZY, I would take ZZY anytime. c.c;
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

not all Eurasians look the same...

anyway, im not sure the Decepton trailer above works so heres one that does http://www.mtime.com/baidunews/1016518.html

maggie has a very sexy role!

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by bubblesM View Post

The casting of Maggie Q in a steady lead up of large-profile Hollywood movies is an indication that she will soon take over Zhang Ziyi, according to entertainment insiders.
    lol, so now LYF and Maggie Q are gonna take over ZZY's place? wow....looks like she's heading up a tough break
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by bubblesM View Post
    not all Eurasians look the same...
    Whoever said that?

lol, so now LYF and Maggie Q are gonna take over ZZY's place? wow....looks like she's heading up a tough break
    Maggie is just sexy, that's all. LYF... it depends how long her looks could overshadow her acting capabilities.

i'd pick maggie Q rather than zzy coz maggies english is good.lol

That's an utter laugh. Maggie Q can not act, period. If this is the type of trash that Hollywood is promoting, good luck. No wonder I've started to stop watching lame movies from Hollywood. Sexy? Go pose in Men's GQ. Sheesh. I love how she's living up her own name which she thinks is so huge. I don't like Zhang Zi Yi either, but at least the girl has talent.

Why is all the media comparing every single Asian female star to ZZY?? She's not THAT big in hollywood is she? Certainly not legendary? Or maybe it means Hollywood thinks ZZY is as big as an Asian star can get?

Anyway Maggie is only sexy. Feature-wise Eurasians can usually do much better. Think Michelle Reis, Cecilia Cheung and Isabella Leong.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    That's an utter laugh. Maggie Q can not act, period. If this is the type of trash that Hollywood is promoting, good luck. No wonder I've started to stop watching lame movies from Hollywood. Sexy? Go pose in Men's GQ. Sheesh. I love how she's living up her own name which she thinks is so huge. I don't like Zhang Zi Yi either, but at least the girl has talent.
    i think maggie q will be really big in time.
    shes landing all these BIG movies with HUGE hollywood superstars -i think thats a sign that shes sailing very smoothly

Maggie is landing minor roles in big movies.

ZZY is landing big roles in minor (but not for minors) movies.

Both are very successful in their own realm.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Lol she's not even that pretty by Eurasian standards (as others have already mentioned) and her acting totally sucks. How else do you think she got her roles? Heh...

I laughed so hard the day she said she wants to be a super actress like Maggie Cheung. Uh huh...

Wow she looks like one of them old white ladies.

her face is just weird, man.....

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    her face is just weird, man.....
    thats what people called HORSEY FACE, and yeh its ugly if you look at it at a wrong angle

In terms of appearance, Zhang Ziyi outclasses her without question.

In terms of acting fame, Zhang Ziyi unquestionably outclasses her in China. The real question is, will Maggie Q get much traction in the west? Who knows?
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    thats what people called HORSEY FACE, and yeh its ugly if you look at it at a wrong angle
    these people really know how to come up with unique descriptions
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Did Maggie go on a diet or something, because she looks alot more haggard and tired than before, as if she's aged 10years. Her complexion isn't very good either. I agree with u guys, she's got a great figure (though shes too thin now) and thats about it. Her features are not very attractive-looking for a Eurasian.

Yes, she's starting to star in many hollywood movies and she just worships the Whites so much that she would jump at any movie, even if she's offered a crap role.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

I think she looks that way because she doesn't have any makeup on in these pictures. Every other picture you see of her she's well made up.

ewww...she's pretty hideous in those pictures!

I think Zhang Ziyi would have been bigger in Hollowood then Maggie if she spoke better english. Not too many roles they can cast her in if no speaka englesh.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Jeneshii View Post
    I think she looks that way because she doesn't have any makeup on in these pictures. Every other picture you see of her she's well made up.
    Yeah, but without makeup, it does show her 'true colours'.