Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Gentle Crackdown II 《秀才愛上兵》

Default The Gentle Crackdown II 《秀才愛上兵》

Synopsis
    Having lost her father at an early age, farm security guard Chan Sai-Mui (Yumiko Cheng) grew to be an outspoken and determined woman who would do her utmost to protect her home village. It is her sincerity that has won her respect from all villagers of the Leung Choi County. Sometimes she would get too enthusiastic and impulsive that she could bring about a lot of misunderstandings. Amusingly, she has mistaken the newly appointed agricultural magistrate Tse Wong-Sheung (literal meaning "Thank you, Emperor") (Steven Ma) for a thief and the two of them have been bitter enemies ever since. To keep himself from any possible trouble, Sheung has been avoiding Mui intentionally.

For the benefit of his son's future, Sheung's father Tse Chong-Tin (Ha Yu) has not only invited the intelligent Tai Tsung-Man (Wayne Lai) to be Sheung's assistant, but also found him four special bodyguards playfully named Chuk (Congee), Fun (Rice Noodle), Mein (Wheat Noodle), and Fan (Rice). (The names are foods that are the main staple foods of China.) Despite the best arrangements for Sheung, he still gets framed by the corrupted officials from Changsha and is in danger of facing the most torturing punishment. Luckily, Mui and Man manage to save him in the nick of time with a jade bowl bestowed by the former emperor. To everyone's surprise, the jade bowl turns out a fake, but with Man's wit and courage, Sheung is finally saved from danger. Mui has been through a lot together with Sheung and is starting to fall in love with him. Sheung, on the other hand, has no feelings for Mui and decides to turn to Man for tips as to how to break away from her. Mysteriously, Sheung starts being pursued by a hitman soon afterwards.
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-30-08 at 09:31 PM.

I wonder why there's still no post on this series yet?! It's been out for a while. Now I finally find a first post here. Yeah, I'm looking for the whole show with english sub too but cant find anywhere! I'm watching it in viet dubbed but still not finished since the rest is not out yet! Have to wait a bit more!

By the way, I love the cast and stories in here! Cant wait to see more!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4988&stc=1&d=120627799 9')

The Cast:

Steven Ma as Tse Wong Soeng 謝皇上
    Yumiko Cheng as Chen Sai Mui 陳細妹
    Wayne Lai as Dai Cung Man 戴從文
    Ha Yu as Tse Chong Teen 謝蒼天
    Law Koon Lan (羅冠蘭) as Yau Yuk Lan 游玉蘭
    Johnson Lee as Zuk Ching Ting 祝清庭
    Lee Sing Cheung (李成昌) as Mak Sui 麥帥
    Dia Yiu Ming (戴耀明) as Ho Fun 何粉
    Li Kai Geet {李啟傑) as Yee Meen 伊麵
    Ng Men Sun (伍文生) as Fan Yeut 范一
    Evergreen Mak as So Zhun Lam 蘇鎮南
    Savio Tsang as So Zhun Dong 蘇鎮東
    Lee Kwok Lun (李國麟) as Tong Dai Hoi 唐大海
    Elaine Yiu as Tong Sui 唐水

Credit to http://wiki.d-addicts.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

yes, he is diffinitely an underrated actor. wayne has proven that he is capable of acting any given character. whether it be protagonist or antagonist to serious or humurous characters like ZBT, pig in JTTW wayne gets the job done. sadly, tvb fails to promote him as first leads.
    问世间,情是何物,直教生死相许?
    Lim Yo Hwan FIGHTING!

That's probably because he does not have leading man looks.

But then there's people like Bobby au yeong, how do one explain that? Height? Luck?

Quote Originally Posted by cordycep View Post
    That's probably because he does not have leading man looks.

But then there's people like Bobby au yeong, how do one explain that? Height? Luck?
    Bobby excels in comedy, and most importantly he have luck with audiences "goon zhong yuen"

i just finished watching Gentle Crackdown II. and yes, he is a very talented actor. he was awesome in the series. not only this one but all of the series he was in. now i totally understand why my mom said he's a good actor. he really is.
    Last edited by L4love; 03-29-08 at 03:06 AM.
    Currently watching:

• We got married
    • Moonlight Resonance
    • and many more...

"LEARN FROM YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY, HOPE FOR TOMORROW."

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Bobby excels in comedy, and most importantly he have luck with audiences "goon zhong yuen"
    Right agree with that, Bobby is really very cute.

This is a very meaty role for Wayne. He is such an underrated actor. IF this role was play by one of TVB promoted boys, then TVB would probably call it a leading role rather than a supporting role. He truly shine in here and even outshine Steven Ma. (and I am a big fan of steven)

i loved how he was playing drums ... freakin hilarious!

he's my favorite along with derek kwok

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Goon zhong yuen = middle aged people?

I guess if the audience likes Bobby for his comedic performances, even not having handsome main lead looks can win him big roles plus social connections.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

AnOther not so good looking but successful actor is Stephen Chow, or even Ng Man Tat. This shows that it can be done, Wayne may be missing a secret ingredient- LUCK!. Well it's never too late.

i think he started to have the luck now. Me too, just noticed him recently and impressed by his acting talent..
    ARASHI FOR DREAM...

Wow! It seems like many people love Wayne after GCII. I completely agree! Although Wayne's acting have been almost flawless in almost all his series, this is the series that made he a fan of his! If you have time, you can read my GCII review because, LOL, it was written for him!

http://pink-sugar.net/tvbtoday/

I've always seen him as an amazing supporting actor. He excels in most of his roles! The only thing could possibly explain why he hasn't been given a leading role (at least, more often than not) is because he doesn't have the charm (in TVB's POV).

He can play evil, good, good-turns-bad, bad-turns-good, warrior, general, dumb, mentally-handicapped, trans-sexual, and much more..
    Amy Chan Sau Man and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee 4ever!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

Maybe he's missing the "X" factor plus do not have leading man looks. Then again there are many others having zero 'X' factor, yet are still given much opportunities.

When TVB wanted to promote someone, and usually agressively (e.g. Charmine Sheh) even if they are not very talented, they usually end up with tons of fans too. It's the exposure and support that does the magic. Too bad for Wayne. I dont think TVB would do any more for him.

Quote Originally Posted by cordycep View Post
    Maybe he's missing the "X" factor plus do not have leading man looks. Then again there are many others having zero 'X' factor, yet are still given much opportunities.

When TVB wanted to promote someone, and usually agressively (e.g. Charmine Sheh) even if they are not very talented, they usually end up with tons of fans too. It's the exposure and support that does the magic. Too bad for Wayne. I dont think TVB would do any more for him.
    Ack. TVB wouldn't know true talent if it hit them on a head with a piece of brick. Seriously.

Charmaine Sheh isn't all that talented. Her crying and facial expression skills are no better than Myolie Wu or Bernice Liu. Not exactly grade-A acting either. And yet, TVB promotes people with such low standards of acting.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Ack. TVB wouldn't know true talent if it hit them on a head with a piece of brick. Seriously.

Charmaine Sheh isn't all that talented. Her crying and facial expression skills are no better than Myolie Wu or Bernice Liu. Not exactly grade-A acting either. And yet, TVB promotes people with such low standards of acting.

she got really really big tits, it was nice to look at IMO.

check her in modern clothing, like the early series 7 sisters, wam right in the face those tits.

everyone likes wayne in When Rules Turn Loose! when I watched it on crunchyroll most of the comments were about him..^^
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

yup, i felt he did a great job too. and in WRTL too.

actually, this series is kinda hilarious 'cos they incorporated modern stuff into it.