Thread: Forcing Ying Goo to forgive Kau Cheen Yan - a bit too much to ask?

Default Forcing Ying Goo to forgive Kau Cheen Yan - a bit too much to ask?

Yeung Gor and Gwok Seung quite wholeheartedly supported monk Chi Yan's (i.e. the former Kau Cheen Yan) endeavor, before his death, to gain Ying Goo's forgiveness for his having murdered her infant son in Dali many decades earlier. Yeung Gor and Gwok Seung believed so strongly that Kau Cheen Yan should get Ying Goo's forgiveness that they were willing to go to great lengths to accomplish this goal, including coaxing Chow Bak Tung to go see Ying Goo for the first time in years (Ying Goo's condition for forgiving Kau Cheen Yan).

Yeung Gor and Gwok Seung's hearts were in the right place, and considering the results, one could hardly blame them. Still, if Ying Goo had absolutely refused, under any condition, to forgive Kau Cheen Yan, could anyone really blame her? Kau Cheen Yan murdered her infant son in cold blood in front of her eyes. True, Kau Cheen Yan sincerely regretted his evil act and had spent the final thirty-six or so years of his life in repentence, but even so, if Ying Goo did not wish to forgive him for murdering her son, I believe she'd be entitled to not forgive him. In the real world, I doubt anyone would expect, much less demand a grieving mother to forgive the murderer of her child. I think it was a bit much for Yeung Gor and Gwok Seung (and Kau Cheen Yan and South Emperor 1 Deng) to expect Ying Goo to forgive Kau Cheen Yan for the murder of her child.

Forcing her to forgive Qiu Qianren would probably be too much, but I don't think Yang Guo was going to do that. As the episode with the Xishan Ghost's concubines showed (when their reluctance to leave the Ghost bamboozled him), if people weren't going to affect anyone else with their actions, he would respect their free will. What he did instead was to force her to come out to talk things over. Once she was willing to do that, he would see what he could do to help resolve matters.

I think no one will blame her, but would much prefer her to have forgiven him. YG/GX will just sigh and walk away if she refuses.

Arguably, I think by having her forgive Kau Cheen Yan, it releases her from the pain and hatred she has kept in her heart for decades. If she honestly forgave him, the power of hatred is no longer holding her prisoner, now there's only grief and remembrance of a baby son whenever she thinks of him and Chow Bak Tung.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

The end result was she and Yideng sharing Zhou Botong's valley with him.